2024 Rocket Mortgage Classic WITB Photos ×

Ping Heppler Putters in stores.

jtj74

Its similar for sure. They made one in the sigma g line as the piper 3. But a non insert or like the vault line would be awsome. The piper has a different shape behind the topline then the arna which has an anser shape. Then the round part.

Taylormade Sim 9.0° Diamana ZF 60 stiff

Taylormade Sim Ti 15° Diamana ZF 70 stiff

Cobra F7 4-5 Ti 18.5° Diamana Kai'li 80 stiff

Ping G25 Hybrid 23° Kbs C-Taper Lite stiff 

Bridgestone Tour-B X-CB 5-PW Project X LZ 6.0

Cobra MiM Black 50°v, 56°v, 60°w Kbs Hi-REV 2.0 125 stiff 

Maltby Ptm-1

Srixon Z-Star 

Titleist Players 5 Stand Bag

Bagboy Nitron 

• 2 weeks later...

Im thinking of getting the Ketsch, but have not tried it, i’ve only seen pictures and it looks real nice. I have a couple of questions for anyone who has used it.

When setting it on the ground does it tend to close on you or does it sit square?? I like the look of a mallet putter, but hate it when the face sits closed.

Do i need to get fitted for the loft and lie in order to buy the correct one, Or can the changes be made to the standard black dot putter. I know the length can be adjusted through the grip, but haven't found info on the loft and lie. And since i want to buy it without trying it based only on looks, i don't want to buy the wrong set up in terms of loft and lie.

what should i do?

i am interested in the ketsch putter but have not actually tried it. I’ve only seen pictures and it looks nice. I have 2 questions for anyone who has used it.

does it sit shut? does it feel like you are trying hard to keep the face square when setting it on the ground? I really like mallet putters but the face need to sit SQUARE. Since i have not seen it i don’t really know much about what lie or loft to order. Is there anything i should know about that before ordering? Is there an online fitting option to know what specs i should get? Or should i just order the standard black dot. thanks. Hope to read from anyone soon.

• 4 weeks later...
On 7/13/2020 at 6:47 PM, MaineMariner said:

As an update to this putter, as I've raved about it in this forum: I'm putting extremely well with my ZB3. I have excellent distance control with the firmer face, and it feels more forgiving than I would expect.

However... there is an issue. I sent it back to Ping to have a fixed length shaft installed because the adjustable shaft was giving me a very minor but annoying issue. Basically, it was moving down very slightly every time I played. I would set it to my preferred length of 33.75 inches, and after a round of just using the putter as normal I would notice that it had shifted down by like... maybe 1/4 of an inch. I thought I was going crazy at first, but I verified it in the last round I played by setting it so that the hash mark for 33.75 inches was just peaking out. After the round, the hash mark had completely disappeared into the grip. It took about 1/2 of a turn of the adjustment tool for the hash mark to reappear. So, the putter's length is just ever so slightly changing just from putting the putter back in my bag (I would imagine). I know 1/4 of an inch (or even less) isn't much to fret about, but still... the shaft should not be moving.

I called Ping and they said that if there was a problem with the adjustable shaft, they'll install the fixed length shaft without charge. I'm a little skeptical that's actually going to happen, though. It kind of feels like when you bring your car into the shop because it's making a noise, and then it doesn't make the noise when you're with the mechanic. I have a feeling they won't be able to replicate what I'm seeing.

Anyways, just an FYI. I'm loving the ZB3 and imagine I'll be loving it even more with the fixed length shaft installed.

Did you order the same length as the shaft marking?

I’m thinking about switching from the adjustable to PP58 midsize with the fixed length shaft. I’ve been playing at 34.5” based on the shaft marking, but my other OTR Ping putters measure slightly differently.

Is the fixed length available in black?

Ping G30 9* Tour 80X
Ping G Stretch Tour 80X
Ping i500 3 DG 120 X100
Ping i210 4-U DG 120 X100
Glide 2.0 Stealth 54* SS DG S400
Glide 2.0 Stealth 58* ES DG S400
Ping Anser TR 1966 / Odyssey White Hot #2

3 hours ago, Tyler K said:

Did you order the same length as the shaft marking?

I’m thinking about switching from the adjustable to PP58 midsize with the fixed length shaft. I’ve been playing at 34.5” based on the shaft marking, but my other OTR Ping putters measure slightly differently.

Is the fixed length available in black?

I wish I had an answer for you, but unfortunately Golf Galaxy screwed up my repair. Ping recommended that I go through them to get what I needed done, but the guy who took my putter just entered it as a straight repair of the shaft and not a replacement with the fixed shaft. So I got my putter back with a new adjustable length shaft in it. This one isn't moving, at least? And I wasn't charged.

My plan was to go with the fixed shaft with a PP58 midsize as well. I just prefer the feel of rubber grips over the plastic-y newer OTR Ping grips. I was going to order it at the same length as the markings currently have mine (33.75"), but it never occurred to me that Ping's OTR putters might measure differently. I'm going to send it in for a fixed shaft in the winter, so maybe I'll just order it ungripped and cut it to length myself. In case you're wondering, Ping quoted me a price of just under $45 for a replacement with a fixed length shaft. I'm pretty sure that doesn't include shipping, however that's still probably cheaper than ordering a CT Tour shaft or something and having a shop install it.

In case anyone is wondering why I just don't install a PP58 on the current adjustable shaft... this is strange, but Ping made the moving adjustable sleeve thing like a full inch or more longer than the PP58 grip. The moving sleeve is the same length as the PP59 grip, which is longer than the PP58. The PP59 is the same length as a SuperStroke, which may explain it. Anyway,  that inch of plastic sticking out of the grip would really annoy me.

Callaway Rogue ST Max 10.5 deg.

Cobra LTDx LS 5 wood

Srixon ZX 3 hybrid

Ping S55 4-PW

Ping Glide 3.0 wedges

Bettinardi Studio Stock #8

I placed the order for the above, still in 90 day window so no extra cost. I guess worst case if it does feel too short I can send back to Ping in the winter to get a longer shaft installed. 

If a CT tour shaft (double bend) was installed (not sure I can order it this way from Ping), I’m guessing the installer would need to bend to loft/lie?

Ping G30 9* Tour 80X
Ping G Stretch Tour 80X
Ping i500 3 DG 120 X100

Can’t order with CT Tour. 

For those that ordered with fixed length, did you go black chrome, black stealth (flat black), or classic chrome? 

Ping G30 9* Tour 80X
Ping G Stretch Tour 80X
Ping i500 3 DG 120 X100

27 minutes ago, Tyler K said:

Can’t order with CT Tour. 

For those that ordered with fixed length, did you go black chrome, black stealth (flat black), or classic chrome? 

I believe you would call it black chrome.  As stated above no, the KBS  CT Tour shaft is not an option, but they use the black Nippon. 

Wilson Dynapower Carbon Mitsu Kai’li 60S

Wilson Dynapower 3+ 13.5° HZRDUS Black 70

Wilson UDI 3 HZRDUS Black 90

Wilson 4-6 Dynapower forged/ 7-P Staff CB all Nippon Pro Modus 115s

Wilson ZM forged 50° 56° 60° DG TI Spinner wedge

Cameron Newport w/ flow neck by Lamont/    Cameron Del Mar

I decided that I didn't feel like sending my putter in to Ping to have a fixed length shaft installed, so I ordered a CT Tour shaft to just install myself on my ZB3. The Golfworks website said that the .370 diameter shaft would fit as the shaft has to go over the stem on this model.

My shaft arrives and lo and behold... it won't fit over the stem. It gets maybe an 1/8th of the way down. I figured it was maybe just the thickness of the inner wall of the CT Tour that was causing problems, so I went to Golf Galaxy and picked up a standard Golfworks stepless .370 shaft. And guess what, it STILL doesn't fit. This one won't even get started over the stem.

Unless there exists a putter shaft with an inside diameter that is bigger than the CT Tour or the Golfworks shaft, I guess I'm stuck having to send my putter head back to Ping. Or reinstalling the adjustable shaft. Ugh.

Cobra LTDx LS 5 wood

Srixon ZX 3 hybrid

Ping S55 4-PW

Ping Glide 3.0 wedges

• 10 months later...

Bump. How are all the Heppler owners liking these putters? I picked up the Fetch. Couldn’t resist it. Wanted to do a precise length fitting and use the adjustable shafts. Been rolling this one at 32.75 inches and it’s sweet.

No insert or grooves at all makes for best-feeling Ping putter lineup to me. The plain old machined face is so pure. And yet it has Ping’s take on the Odyssey Versa tech with the paint alignment. I always liked Versa and thought it worked. This has a similar effect. If you have not rolled on of these and like a firm but responsive feel, check out the Heppler. 

• Like 1

Callaway Paradym Triple Diamond 10.5 w/Diamana TB 60S

PXG GEN6 5 wood w/Diamana S-plus 70 stiff

Yamaha RMX VD 7 wood w/Diamana S-plus 70 stiff

Callaway Mavrik Pro hybrid (22) w/Aldila Tour Blue 85 stiff hybrid

Wilson Staff Model CB 5-G w/DG s300 shafts

Edel T grind 54 w/Nippon 125 wedge shaft

Fourteen RM-12 58 w/Dynamic Golds400

Axis1 Rose putter, 34 inches

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/1/2021 at 8:27 AM, capking said:

I’m really glad I made the switch, my putting has improved quite a bit.

I can’t believe they are not more popular, at least by Ping standards. The Fetch and Ketsch are a cut above the other versions IMO. I like the Heppler feel better than the ‘21 heads. The solid feel off the face makes speed easier to dial in for me. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...

Completely late to the party ......Lefty guy so don't get to roll as many selected options ......in Orlando for a tournament and head into a Superstore just to see what gives......see a scotty newport 2 and and odyssey......then an Anser 2 Heppler.....

Always fearful when you hear about a firm feeling putter......but this is not scary firm at all.....in fact I dare say the feedback and acoustics are spot on! I'm all the type to leave putts woefully short and hopefully this beaut solves some of those issues.....more to follow 

On 9/4/2020 at 5:15 PM, MaineMariner said:

I decided that I didn't feel like sending my putter in to Ping to have a fixed length shaft installed, so I ordered a CT Tour shaft to just install myself on my ZB3. The Golfworks website said that the .370 diameter shaft would fit as the shaft has to go over the stem on this model.

My shaft arrives and lo and behold... it won't fit over the stem. It gets maybe an 1/8th of the way down. I figured it was maybe just the thickness of the inner wall of the CT Tour that was causing problems, so I went to Golf Galaxy and picked up a standard Golfworks stepless .370 shaft. And guess what, it STILL doesn't fit. This one won't even get started over the stem.

Unless there exists a putter shaft with an inside diameter that is bigger than the CT Tour or the Golfworks shaft, I guess I'm stuck having to send my putter head back to Ping. Or reinstalling the adjustable shaft. Ugh.

Okay I'm really curious about this. I just bought the heppler ZB3 and definitely need to put a firmer shaft on it if I'm going to game it. I reached out to ping and they said I would be $40 plus shipping and more depending on the grip. They said a .370 shaft should work so I was about to pull the trigger on buying a shaft on my own but then saw this. Would it really not work? The ping rep said that the adjustable shaft has a .370 diameter, so I don't get why it wouldn't work.

Cobra King F9 White 9* HZRDUS Smoke Black 70g 6.5

Cobra LTDx LS 3 wood 14.5* Tensei White 70X

Cobra SpeedZone Tour 5 wood 19* HZRDUS Smoke Yellow 70g 6.5

Mizuno MP18 FliHi 3 Iron Tour AD Black 95X

Mizuno MP18 SC 4-PW KBS C-Taper Lite 115 X

Cleveland RTX Zipcore Black Satin 50/10, 54/10 @54.5, 60/10 @59 TT Tour Issue Spinner

Odyssey Jailbird 380

15 minutes ago, onthebogeytrain said:

Okay I'm really curious about this. I just bought the heppler ZB3 and definitely need to put a firmer shaft on it if I'm going to game it. I reached out to ping and they said I would be $40 plus shipping and more depending on the grip. They said a .370 shaft should work so I was about to pull the trigger on buying a shaft on my own but then saw this. Would it really not work? The ping rep said that the adjustable shaft has a .370 diameter, so I don't get why it wouldn't work.

I can take some measurements when I get home, but I'm 99% sure that the fixed shaft I got from Ping has an OD of .38-something.

Back in 2020 I emailed Ping with this exact question regarding a .370 shaft for the ZB3 and got this response: "The flare tip size for that putter is outside diameter of .345 tapering to 0.320." I'm pretty sure they were quoting me the size of the stem that the shaft sits on with those sizes. 

Cobra LTDx LS 5 wood

Srixon ZX 3 hybrid

Ping S55 4-PW

Ping Glide 3.0 wedges

5 hours ago, MaineMariner said:

I can take some measurements when I get home, but I'm 99% sure that the fixed shaft I got from Ping has an OD of .38-something.

Back in 2020 I emailed Ping with this exact question regarding a .370 shaft for the ZB3 and got this response: "The flare tip size for that putter is outside diameter of .345 tapering to 0.320." I'm pretty sure they were quoting me the size of the stem that the shaft sits on with those sizes. 

Let me know what you find if you measure it

Cleveland RTX Zipcore Black Satin 50/10, 54/10 @54.5, 60/10 @59 TT Tour Issue Spinner

Odyssey Jailbird 380

2 hours ago, onthebogeytrain said:

Let me know what you find if you measure it

Crappy picture, but you get the idea. Outside diameter of the tip is somewhere around .390.

I still have the adjustable shaft around here somewhere, but I can't find it. If I do, I'll give you the ID measurement for the tip, too, if that matters. In any event, I'm pretty sure it's not a .370 shaft.

By the way, I've bought and sold a bunch of putters since I got my ZB3, but the Heppler remains in my small "do not sell" collection. I really enjoy putting with it.

20220316_214548.jpg

Cobra LTDx LS 5 wood

Srixon ZX 3 hybrid

Ping S55 4-PW

Ping Glide 3.0 wedges

12 hours ago, MaineMariner said:

Crappy picture, but you get the idea. Outside diameter of the tip is somewhere around .390.

I still have the adjustable shaft around here somewhere, but I can't find it. If I do, I'll give you the ID measurement for the tip, too, if that matters. In any event, I'm pretty sure it's not a .370 shaft.

By the way, I've bought and sold a bunch of putters since I got my ZB3, but the Heppler remains in my small "do not sell" collection. I really enjoy putting with it.

20220316_214548.jpg

Well now I'm thinking my only option is to send it to ping. Wonder why they would give me that measurement if it's not true. I really enjoy putting with it but I'm not sure if it's worth all this time, trouble, and cash.

Odyssey Jailbird 380

Love my Heppler. The plain face with no milling or insert is so good on fast greens. Such an unusual lineup for Ping. The Ketsch is fantastic. 

On 8/4/2020 at 6:17 PM, SOL said:

Can anyone provide me with the shaft offset for the Tomcat 14? I'm a 1/2 shaft guy and I can't seem to find that nugget any where. Thanks.

I am not understanding your question. I just rolled the Tomcat 14 yesterday. 1/2 shaft? It's face balance believe its a single bend or maybe a double bend not 100% sure. 

I am actually debating on purchasing it. Unfortunately, Dick sporting goods, still wants full boat on it and its been used a lot by customers so there is scratches on it.  

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...