kiwihacker

Anybody hit both yet?

Driver: Ping G430LST - Diamana GT 60tx

3 Wood:  TM Stealth 3W - Diamana GT 70tx

5 Wood: Ping G430 Max 5W - Tensei Pro Orange 80tx

Irons: Taylormade P770 4-PW - Modus 130s

Wedges: Vokey SM8 50.14F Modus 130x, SM9 54.12 - 58.12 - Modus 130x 

Putter: Ping PLD Anser 

Played every iteration of srixon since 701s. Zx5 are my favorite. From the looks to forgiveness.. Nothing I would change.. Aside from the red numbering *gag*

In honestly, they are the reason I rarely even come on here anymore. Until the g425 come down in price, I'm completely happy with my bag. 

• Like 1

G425 Max 10.5* Diamana S LTD

G425 Max 16.5* Diamana 75 FW 

G425 Max 19* MMT 80 

Srixon ZX UT 23* MMT 90

Srixon ZX5 5-AW MMT 105

Cleveland CBX Zipcore 54/58 MMT 105 SW

Ping Kushin 4

WITB

1 hour ago, Russ757 said:

Played every iteration of srixon since 701s. Zx5 are my favorite. From the looks to forgiveness.. Nothing I would change.. Aside from the red numbering *gag*

In honestly, they are the reason I rarely even come on here anymore. Until the g425 come down in price, I'm completely happy with my bag. 

Glad to hear, think I'm gonna pull the trigger...I played z565 and then went to z785...I think I'm going back to the more helpful sole...can you compare turf interaction and forgiveness to the 565 for me?

2 hours ago, bogey69 said:

Glad to hear, think I'm gonna pull the trigger...I played z565 and then went to z785...I think I'm going back to the more helpful sole...can you compare turf interaction and forgiveness to the 565 for me?

Ironically I just came from a 566/765 set. I tend to miss towards the toe so it works out. It's been a minute but the zx frame it better to my eye. Regarding the sole, I seem to get through the ball better with these.. Same shafts same sw l/l

G425 Max 10.5* Diamana S LTD

G425 Max 16.5* Diamana 75 FW 

G425 Max 19* MMT 80 

Srixon ZX UT 23* MMT 90

Srixon ZX5 5-AW MMT 105

Cleveland CBX Zipcore 54/58 MMT 105 SW

Ping Kushin 4

WITB

6 hours ago, Russ757 said:

Ironically I just came from a 566/765 set. I tend to miss towards the toe so it works out. It's been a minute but the zx frame it better to my eye. Regarding the sole, I seem to get through the ball better with these.. Same shafts same sw l/l

Awesome. Thank you. I'm with ya in the red letter, I might have to aceto e the whole "ZX5" 

• 1 month later...
On 12/3/2020 at 12:41 PM, TheFlyingWASP said:

I agree with this... I just put a brand new set of 585s in my bag for about $500... absolutely love them... I prefer the look of the 545/565/585 line but thats just me... think the x5 look busy... I toyed with waiting but am glad I didn't... I doubt there will be much difference in tech, feel, forgiveness... think one of the Rick Shiels wannabes said the x5s felt a lot clicker than previous offerings, but idk if thats accurate... only had a few rounds with my 585s but I'm very happy 

Where did you purchase the 585's for $500?

5 minutes ago, j0hnnyyyy said:

Where did you purchase the 585's for $500?

At a PGASS.  They were apparently used once and then returned.  I not only got the used club pricing, for some reason they were also offering 25% off for all used clubs that day.  Was a no brainer and they've been great.  Figured worst case I could sell them on Ebay for at least that price if I didn't like them.

2 minutes ago, Elee913 said:

At a PGASS.  They were apparently used once and then returned.  I not only got the used club pricing, for some reason they were also offering 25% off for all used clubs that day.  Was a no brainer and they've been great.  Figured worst case I could sell them on Ebay for at least that price if I didn't like them.

I need to go check my local PGASS! Thanks for the reply.

• 2 years later...

Currently play 585's with $taper reg 110. get along very well with them. Getting older, 59, and a little tendinitis, looking to possibly switch to graphite. Looking at recoil 95, or steelfiber 95. Can't find a place to demo the zx5's with graphite. was wondering if better off just re shafting the z585's, or will I notice a big enough difference between the 585's and zx5's to warrant the cost of a new set of zx5's with graphite, or even a used set? Thanks for any input.

• 2 weeks later...

You can't really go wrong with 585's, I love mine. Nice head size and lovely to hit. I came from 785's as not playing enough and too inconsistent so wanted that extra bit of help but to me the 585's don't look a pile different at address. Also coming from s300 to kbs s taper has helped with ball flight and fatigue, those 10g definitely make a difference! 😂

I’d throw the 565’s in there too. They’re all really good. I thought the 545 was the largest one but after that Srixon made these look very close to the 7 series. 

• Like 1

Callaway Paradym Triple Diamond 10.5 w/Diamana TB 60S

PXG GEN6 5 wood w/Diamana S-plus 70 stiff

Yamaha RMX VD 7 wood w/Diamana S-plus 70 stiff

Callaway Mavrik Pro hybrid (22) w/Aldila Tour Blue 85 stiff hybrid

Wilson Staff Model CB 5-G w/DG s300 shafts

Edel T grind 54 w/Nippon 125 wedge shaft

Fourteen RM-12 58 w/Dynamic Golds400

Axis1 Rose putter, 34 inches

On 6/9/2023 at 10:00 PM, stimpmeterp said:

Any longer term comparisons on 585/ZX5/ZX5ii

I played the 585s for 1.5 seasons, now I'm into my first season with the ZX5s.  I played both with the same shaft, even the same grip.  Here's my take: performance-wise I see little to difference in the two, so don't go down that rabbit hole looking for some secret sauce.  Both feel great and I get the appropriate feedback I'm looking for.  Looks-wise I prefer the ZX5, I think it's a sharp looking iron that looks good at address and in the bag.  I was never too fond of the two-tone 585 cavity.  Why did I change?  I found a used set of ZX5s in my (hard to find) specs at a decent price, so I pulled the trigger.  Will they stay long term?  I'm very happy with them, but not happy enough to keep my eyes off the BST for some i230s. 😉

Edited by MattMo
  • Like 1

Ping G400 Max 10.5*
Ping G425 5W 
Ping G425 19* 3H
Srixon ZX5 4-P 
Ping Glide 2.0 Stealth 50*, 54*, 58*
Scotty Cameron Super Select Newport 2+

3 hours ago, MattMo said:

I played the 585s for 1.5 seasons, now I'm into my first season with the ZX5s.  I played both with the same shaft, even the same grip.  Here's my take: performance-wise I see little to difference in the two, so don't go down that rabbit hole looking for some secret sauce.  Both feel great and I get the appropriate feedback I'm looking for.  Looks-wise I prefer the ZX5, I think it's a sharp looking iron that looks good at address and in the bag.  I was never too fond of the two-tone 585 cavity.  Why did I change?  I found a used set of ZX5s in my (hard to find) specs at a decent price, so I pulled the trigger.  Will they stay long term?  I'm very happy with them, but not happy enough to keep my eyes off the BST for some i230s. 😉

If you do end up going down the i230 train, please comment on here. I'd be shocked if you prefer the i230. Srixon 5 series feels better, just as forgiving, not as chunky, better sole / off grass. My take, anyways! 

• Like 2

Titleist TSR2 10° Ventus TR Red | Titleist TSI2 3 wood 15° | Callaway UW 19° | Titleist T100 | Taylormade MG3 | Toulon Design Portland

Some context ...been play Srixon irons for many years dating back to the 565s, 585s, 785s and ZX7s.  Moved on from Srixon this Spring to I230s.  The i230s are very good iron, very consistent but after a few rounds it felt like my turf interaction was not anywhere close to the Srixon's.   Found ZX5's at PGASS with Recoil 95s and took the plunge after talking them down 30% as it was the last set they had.  

I am so happy I walked into that deal and love the feel, forgiveness and turf interaction of the ZX5s.   So happy. 

Not to thread jack but will be posting the i230s (power spec with Graphite Alta shafts) here tomorrow after I take some pics.  

• 7 months later...