2024 CJ Cup Byron Nelson WITB Photos ×

I’m Giving Up on Arccos

Ah, okay, thanks. I very rarely use the actual Caddie function on Arccos. Maybe on a par 3 when I'm between clubs. Most of my Arccos use is reviewing rounds after the fact so I never thought to involve a watch. 

That would be pretty nice if it just worked, for sure. 

Titleist TSi2 9.0° | Bridgestone Tour B JGR 7w

PING G425 Crossover 2i

PING G425 4i-9i

PING Glide 3.0 46, 50, 54 Eye 2, 58.6 | Mizuno OMOI 02

• 1 month later...

I recently changed to Pure grips and now have a problem with my Arccos sensors.  I used to use Golf Pride MCC+4 grips and the sensor rim bottomed out into the grip cap.

Apparently the Pure grips have a butt cap that is smaller in diameter and the grip caps fit inside the rim of the Arccos sensors. The sensors will not stay screwed down and come loose during a round.  This is a real pain to have to continually screw them back in - has anyone else seen this.

I sent Arccos a not about adding 2 to 3 cross members in the center part of the sensor or eliminating the rim on the bottom of teh sensor.

PXG Gen 5 0311 9º, Kai'li Blue, Titleist TSr3, 9º, Ventus Blue

Titleist TSr2, 15º fw, GD Tour AD IZ

Titleist TSr2, 20º fw, GD Tour AD IZ

Titleist TSi2, 21º Hy, GD Tour AD IZ

Titleist TSi2, 24º Hy, GD Tour AD IZ

Titleist T150 6-48º Tensei AV Blue AM2

Vokey SM9 54º, 60º, Tensei AV Blue AM2

L.A.B. Golf DF3, MEZZ.1 Max reg & Broom,  MEZZ.1, DF 2.1 Reg & Broom

No room to list Bench Warmers 🙂

I measured the Arccos sensor and it looks like the cavity is about an inch across, with a 10 mm hole required for the screw and 4mm thick. I am going to 3D print a couple of custom spacers and see how they do.  I guess Arccos created a hollow cavity in the end of the sensor to cut down on weight, but I think this was a big mistake.  I think the fit of the sensor will be much better with a spacer in there or cross ribs added to the sensor itself.  The extra contact with the grip cap would help prevent the sensor from backing out and make it more well connected to the grip cap.  I will show pics  of the spacers and report on how they work out.

A smaller sensor would be an even better option, but since they require a battery, they have limitations on miniaturizing the design.

PXG Gen 5 0311 9º, Kai'li Blue, Titleist TSr3, 9º, Ventus Blue

Titleist TSr2, 15º fw, GD Tour AD IZ

Titleist TSr2, 20º fw, GD Tour AD IZ

Titleist TSi2, 21º Hy, GD Tour AD IZ

Titleist TSi2, 24º Hy, GD Tour AD IZ

Titleist T150 6-48º Tensei AV Blue AM2

Vokey SM9 54º, 60º, Tensei AV Blue AM2

L.A.B. Golf DF3, MEZZ.1 Max reg & Broom,  MEZZ.1, DF 2.1 Reg & Broom

No room to list Bench Warmers 🙂

I want to love Arccos, but after 80 rounds with it - I think I may be over it.  

What I Like:

- It's GREAT to know your on course distances when you hit greens and fairways.  This is the most valuable data provided by Arccos by far imo.

- The app is pretty good from a course mapping perspective.  Knowing distances to front, middle, back, and hazards is super valuable and easy to ascertain within the app

- The customer service has been spectacular - great support for what I hope will be a better product soon

What I Dislike:

- The data handling makes the data pretty useless in a lot of cases.  Things like hitting trees and punching out make the averages unreliable.  You have the option to edit each round and choose to use or disregard specific shots now - but going through each club every round is time consuming and more effort than it's worth.

- The improvement suggestions seem overly reliant on total round averages.  For example, if you chunk 5 short chips, and then hole one long chip - your strokes gained chipping skyrockets.  I realize this is a bit of a nit - but it's just another case where the data becomes less valuable. 

- The app demands "Always" location permissions - which is nonsense.  I have to change permissions every time I play a round OR allow Arccos to check my location daily.  I'm not a massive privacy nut, but this is shady

- The putting is pretty bad.  It doesn't get close to the right distances typically, and often changes the number of putt for some reason.  I find that I have to estimate the putt length every hole and mark the hole and accept a potential stroke error.  Generally just a pain.

- The sensors are  big and I'm not interested in paying $19 per grip to buy the integrated MCC grips

Overall Arccos is pretty cool and worth trying.  That said, I'm really wrestling with the question of whether the insights are worth the hassle.  The data isn't trustworthy enough for me out of the box, and it's a pretty big hurdle to make it more valuable.  I'll probably keep using it until my current subscription runs out (which autorenews without warning which I also HATE) - but at that point, I'm not sure if I'm interested in continuing.

• Like 2

OG Stealth Graphite Design Ventus Blue TR 60X

Ping 425 Max Hotmelted Tensei Orange 1k

Titleist T100, Project X LS 6.5

Epic 3w/5w/4h - Tour AD-DI

Wedgeworks SM8 55.13D / SM9 60.08M

Scotty Cameron T22 FB

I'd add that I just went into the dashboard to try to turn off auto-renew and the make you call or email them.  This is now in the "Things I HATE" category.  I generally refuse to do business with any company that locks you into an annual subscription without giving you self service tools to cancel.

Indefinite subscriptions are SHADE.

• Like 2

Scotty Cameron T22 FB

On 3/19/2022 at 2:14 PM, ajlacombe said:

I recently changed to Pure grips and now have a problem with my Arccos sensors.  I used to use Golf Pride MCC+4 grips and the sensor rim bottomed out into the grip cap.

Apparently the Pure grips have a butt cap that is smaller in diameter and the grip caps fit inside the rim of the Arccos sensors. The sensors will not stay screwed down and come loose during a round.  This is a real pain to have to continually screw them back in - has anyone else seen this.

I sent Arccos a not about adding 2 to 3 cross members in the center part of the sensor or eliminating the rim on the bottom of teh sensor.

had the same issue, i ended up changing grips...the wobbly top of the Pure grips drove me nuts, plus losing 2 sensors in a round was enough for me

On 3/21/2022 at 2:00 PM, MysteryV said:

I'd add that I just went into the dashboard to try to turn off auto-renew and the make you call or email them.  This is now in the "Things I HATE" category.  I generally refuse to do business with any company that locks you into an annual subscription without giving you self service tools to cancel.

Indefinite subscriptions are SHADE.

What's worse is that when I asked to discontinue auto-renew, I was met with a "may we ask why?" before they would turn it off.  Gross.

Scotty Cameron T22 FB

10 hours ago, MysteryV said:

What's worse is that when I asked to discontinue auto-renew, I was met with a "may we ask why?" before they would turn it off.  Gross.

the having to call part, I totally agree with, that's a really bad and strange move in 2022. The part where the company is asking why someone is leaving is something that is pretty much the norm. Its called an exit survey and they are trying to get the info in order to make the product more sticky/better/reduce churn. I don't think there's anything wrong with that, personally.

12 hours ago, m_w said:

the having to call part, I totally agree with, that's a really bad and strange move in 2022. The part where the company is asking why someone is leaving is something that is pretty much the norm. Its called an exit survey and they are trying to get the info in order to make the product more sticky/better/reduce churn. I don't think there's anything wrong with that, personally.

I did not have to call.  We have different opinions here.  I've already given them a few years of fees, and now I'm asking them to stop charging me.  I'm not telling them I'm leaving.  I'm telling them that I no longer want you charging a card without my express permission (which I'm sure is buried in the T&Cs somewhere, but I certainly didn't consciously opt-in).

I understand their desire to figure out why they're potentially losing customers, and try to avoid doing so - however I never signed up for auto renew, I never agreed to give anything other than my subscription cost, and by forcing me to email, then forcing me to explain myself and give them additional information, they're going outside of our monetary agreement and holding my time hostage.

I completely understand that this is relatively minor principle argument - however there's been a sharp uptick in companies disregard for their customers over the last several years - and I choose not to do business with companies who operate like this.

Now if only I could stop doing business with the government...  😄

Scotty Cameron T22 FB

They don't make you call but they do make you email them, then they send you a customized cancellation link. It's silly for sure and I refuse to accept it's just a poorly designed system, not from a data/tech company, it seems like the typical gym move - make it harder to cancel so people just forget and you clean up some extra $. 

I used arccos for about 20 rounds with the Ping 45 day trial (plus one month). Pairing was fine, but I found it too much of a hassle to clean up the data it got wrong (putting, penalty strokes, flop or soft bunker shots not registering, etc. versus the benefits I received out of it. Though for the most part, cleaning those things up wasn't that much of a hassle. My biggest complaint, though it only happened once, was with an errant shot it put me close enough that Arccos had me on the wrong hole that I didn't catch until the tee box at the next hole, and cleaning THAT up in the app was incredibly frustrating.

I will say, if you're someone who both loves data, and plays a variety of courses you aren't familiar with, I could definitely see the value. But I already know all my club distances, and I generally play the same course of few so I didn't get value out of the caddie feature. 

• Like 1

I’m giving up too, Apple Watch was the key to it all for me, but very unreliable shot detection, the app, entering scores and even just seeing where you currently stand on the course was a poor experience. 

on the costs side, it was actually impossible to pay them, app doesn’t auto renew properly, so it’s a good time to just go back to Hole19 

• Like 1

Tsr2 Kai-li white 60g

tsr2 16.5 tensei av raw white 75g

tsr2 20 degree, tensei av raw white 90g

T200/T150/T100 PX Lz

sm9 54.10S/60.4T

odyssey Toulon Daytona
Pro V1

Not sure why GolfPad isn't more popular. Their annual subscription price is like $20 and it's easy to track shots with using a smart watch (no plugs or special grips required).  Took me about 2 rounds to get into a groove with it and it's been rock solid ever since.  I get to my spot, it gives me distances, I pick a club, and go.

I know it doesn't look as premium from a UX perspective but it does the job of shot tracking and GPS well at a fantastic price.

Always had good interactions with support as well when I needed a course added or updated to better reflect current setup.

Full Bag / Short set                                                         

- Taylormade Sim

5W (17.5), 7W (20.5), 9W (23.5) - Ping G425 Max

5H - Ping G425

6i-UW / 7i, 9i, UW - Ping i210

SW - Ping Glide 3.0 SS 54.12

LW - Ping Glide 3.0 TS 60.06

P - SC Pro Platinum Laguna 2.5 
Bag - Ping Hoofer Lite / Ping Moonlite (old one with vertical strap)

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/13/2022 at 12:42 PM, Cheezhead19 said:

My experience was that arccos worked fine, but I missed how I recorded my score in thegrint, considering I use that to post my handicap, having to manually transfer after each round was annoying and outweighed any benefit the arccos was giving me. 

I just switched off Arccos and now using thegrint...

You don't find the grint annoying? Having to pull out your phone every hole to record the hole? I realize it only takes 10 seconds, but that's one thing I enjoyed about arccos, WHEN it DID work (which wasn't all the time), I didn't haven't to fumble around with my phone. I just played and looked at the stats after the round when I got home.

I like golf. A lot.

55 minutes ago, TomBomb51 said:

You don't find the grint annoying? Having to pull out your phone every hole to record the hole? I realize it only takes 10 seconds, but that's one thing I enjoyed about arccos, WHEN it DID work (which wasn't all the time), I didn't haven't to fumble around with my phone. I just played and looked at the stats after the round when I got home.

I stopped using The Grint ON the course exactly for those reasons, but the statistics are very helpful in my process of getting better.

That’s why I have been using an old school scorecard during the round and type everything in after the round after I‘ve ordered my beverage. It takes literally 3 minutes and I’m done when the beer is put on the table. 

I use the scorecard columns to record all advanced stats: score, putts, distance of 1st putt, tee club, FIR, penalties. 

I realize that as a Pro user, I could use the scorecard transcription feature, but I don’t trust it. 

That habit has brought back the relaxation for me, one of the reasons why I play golf. Highly recommend. 

Edited by LukeDonaldsTiger

WITB 2024

Dr Mizuno ST-Z

3W Cally Rogue ST Max

5W Mizuno ST-Z

4H New Level NLH-01

5/6i New Level 902 OS

7i-PW New Level 902 PD

GW/SW/LW  Mizuno S23

Putter Odyssey WhiteHot OG 2-Ball

Ball  Vice Pro/Snell MTB Prime

1 hour ago, LukeDonaldsTiger said:

I stopped using The Grint ON the course exactly for those reasons, but the statistics are very helpful in my process of getting better.

That’s why I have been using an old school scorecard during the round and type everything in after the round after I‘ve ordered my beverage. It takes literally 3 minutes and I’m done when the beer is put on the table. 

I use the scorecard columns to record all advanced stats: score, putts, distance of 1st putt, tee club, FIR, penalties. 

I realize that as a Pro user, I could use the scorecard transcription feature, but I don’t trust it. 

That habit has brought back the relaxation for me, one of the reasons why I play golf. Highly recommend. 

Awesome tip, thanks. I am playing 18 holes today and plan on doing the same with your recommendation.

How is it uploading the score post round on the app? I feel like there isnt really a correct option when uploading on the app. There's "post total score", "scorecard picture" and "post hole by hole (track score while playing)"

Assuming you use the last option, but doesnt that make the upload incorrect? Wouldn't it then show your round as completed in a couple of minutes?

• Like 1

I like golf. A lot.

51 minutes ago, TomBomb51 said:

Awesome tip, thanks. I am playing 18 holes today and plan on doing the same with your recommendation.

How is it uploading the score post round on the app? I feel like there isnt really a correct option when uploading on the app. There's "post total score", "scorecard picture" and "post hole by hole (track score while playing)"

Assuming you use the last option, but doesnt that make the upload incorrect? Wouldn't it then show your round as completed in a couple of minutes?

I just press the big „Play“ button as if I would play a regular round, and score each hole. Once you press „Enter score“ or what’s it called, it advances to the next hole.
The only stat that will be off is the round timer. Usually 2 minutes per nine 😄

WITB 2024

Dr Mizuno ST-Z

3W Cally Rogue ST Max

5W Mizuno ST-Z

4H New Level NLH-01

5/6i New Level 902 OS

7i-PW New Level 902 PD

GW/SW/LW  Mizuno S23

Just now, LukeDonaldsTiger said:

I just press the big „Play“ button as if I would play a regular round, and score each hole. Once you press „Enter score“ or what’s it called, it advances to the next hole.
The only stat that will be off is the round timer. Usually 2 minutes per nine 😄

Yeah thats what I figured. 

When just trying to enter a score when they show the pre-round stat tracking, I see there is a "pace of play" button. So assuming just turn that off and then we dont have to look at 4 minute 18 hole rounds 😂

I like golf. A lot.

If that’s of any concern to you, go ahead. I though we’re into fast play around here?!

WITB 2024

Dr Mizuno ST-Z

3W Cally Rogue ST Max

5W Mizuno ST-Z

4H New Level NLH-01

5/6i New Level 902 OS

7i-PW New Level 902 PD

GW/SW/LW  Mizuno S23

6 hours ago, TomBomb51 said:

I have been using an app for years to keep my score instead of paper scorecards, so it isn't any different than I'm used to. 

I use Arccos as kind of a shot counter, so I check it after each hole for accuracy. Lately I've been updating The Grint after the round since I'm really only using it for handicap now that I use Arccos for stat tracking. Especially when playing alone or in a pair. 

When I play in tournaments we use Golf Genius and I get stuck being the scorekeeper for the app pretty often because I'm already looking at Arccos. Playing in a tournament foursome I generally have time to input GG, Arccos, and Grint without waiting around. 

Edited by dodint

Titleist TSi2 9.0° | Bridgestone Tour B JGR 7w

PING G425 Crossover 2i

PING G425 4i-9i

PING Glide 3.0 46, 50, 54 Eye 2, 58.6 | Mizuno OMOI 02

Does anyone else have issues with Arccos giving goofy SG results on putting?  We are starting our season here and I am getting re-acquainted with the app, not sure if I'll renew my sub. For example, yesterday I made a 6 footer to get up and down, and then when I go into the putting summary and it shows me the bar graph with the putting SG on each hole, it shows me -2.2 SG putting on that hole?  Doesn't make any sense to me.  

I find also the numbers get a little wonky when I chip one to tap in range.  

Edited by anw79

On 3/30/2022 at 8:11 AM, Binson said:

Not sure why GolfPad isn't more popular. Their annual subscription price is like $20 and it's easy to track shots with using a smart watch (no plugs or special grips required).  Took me about 2 rounds to get into a groove with it and it's been rock solid ever since.  I get to my spot, it gives me distances, I pick a club, and go.

I know it doesn't look as premium from a UX perspective but it does the job of shot tracking and GPS well at a fantastic price.

Always had good interactions with support as well when I needed a course added or updated to better reflect current setup.

I couldn't agree more. Golf Pad GPS Tags should be in every one of these discussions. I have Golf Pad GPS with Tags and use the smallest Samsung Galaxy 4 watch with a canvas Barton band which together is very light. I also just got the Arccos Caddy and Link (mostly free) so i wanted to see what all the hype was about.

In short, I feel like Golf Pad is Windows and Arccos is Apple.

By that I mean Golf Pad gives you more settings, intuitive editability and control... while Arccos gives you "pretty" look and hands off usage. For example, excluding shots from distance when you hit a tree or punch out with a longer iron, it's like two presses and done on GP. Alternatively, despite having the full setup on Arccos... (Watch/Link/Phone) I had a real hard time adding a penalty during the round in Arccos. It's just not intuitive, but I was able to add it easily after the round.

The Link connection cuts out occasionally, and when you pick up your phone it will ask you if you want to continue by using your phone instead of Link. Annoying. If I wanted to use my phone I wouldn't have got the Link.

Also, despite having Arccos Link, my phone's battery was still depleted about the same or more on Arccos as with Golf Pad. I'd say 25-40% used. And thats with GP constantly showing the yardage off an initial dark screen. 

With Golf Pad GPS I keep my phone on an Encase belt clip off the backside of my right hip. I tap the Tag's (thinner) sensor from the club to just below the phone's camera where the NFC sensor is, and it gives me confirmation by a vibration or whatever sound I pick. So logging the correct amount of putts is up to me. Despite a unique putter sensor Arccos is missing some putts and my suggestion to them is to offer an optional putter sensor with a push button inside that lets you just manually click it. Arccos also doesn't seem to tabulate the putts until I'm on the next hole, so I'm correcting putts when I want to focus on what's ahead. I like Arccos distance recording for each putt and seems like it could help provide a lot of useful information about quality of putts or chips.

On a mis-hit chip with Arccos, I had to add the second chip at the end of the round since it wouldn't let me add the new chip in the right place. So instead of just swapping the two shots, I had to manually swap pointer positions on the map.

The Arccos page for Club yardages on Android Wear watch OS has a "broken" screen. Like the font is too big and it won't scroll, so all I can see is "Driver recogniz" regardless of additional shots. Think you are supposed to scroll down and view all shots to see club yardages or if they registered, so I'm doing that on the phone. It would also seem I should be able to switch between different holes directly from the watch but I can't.

I'd have to triple verify this but I left my phone on my push cart and when I rolled the cart away a good 10 feet or so, I saw the distance number on my watch changing despite standing still. So I'm thinking it gives you the distance from the phone gps to view on the watch, but then records the distance from the link when you actually take the shot. That would mean you'd have to be by your phone to get accurate yardages. I did later try walking around with my watch and Link but the yardages on the watch did not change again, even though the watch also had built in gps (golf pad gives you the option of using watch or phone gps). This leads me to believe that Arccos uses the phone's GPS for the initial yardage display... or the link is focusing on recording shots rather than getting GPS.

Arccos drives me nuts with zooming. It always zooms into the center of the map, not where your fingers are. So you zoom, then scroll, then Zoom some more. Frustrating to look more closely at chips, although there is a green-only view for putts. Also, it doesnt really show where on the green the approach landed until you view green view.

Nitpicking here but it shows you the total of putts on the map which is good (ex: p1, p3) but I feel like putts should be displayed uniquely from all the other shots. Maybe with a different color than green or something. When I'm just looking at the phone to see if the putts registered it takes a moment for me to differentiate between a chip and the putt since they are clustered together and I can't easily zoom. 

It's also bizarre the way the putt distances record on the green-view. I can't tell if the first putt is the distance to the hole or the distance of the actual putt, because the second and third putts are not displayed visually on the map.

If you have the Link you'll have to tuck in your shirt to use it on your belt or put it below the shirt on your pocket, but if it's covered it doesn't register shots. On a very windy day I think it also missed a few shots but otherwise irons and drives are pretty close to flawless recording. A vibration on the watch as confirmation of recorded shots would be nice addition though.

Arccos screen touch sensitivity also seems different than my other apps when dragging your fingers across the screen it's reluctant to follow.

Back to Golf Pad... its too bad that Google won't allow golf pad to use the NFC reader in your watch to register shots, because otherwise I wouldn't need the belt clip and could leave my phone in my bag while using Golf Pad Tags.

I've had the same Tags for years now with the only issue being sometimes it will rarely start recording shots on the wrong hole, but only when some tee boxes are too close together. It's easy to move them back though. The only other issue with golf pad tags is sometimes I get into the game and just dumb dumb forget if I tapped it, so I end up with double taps that I have to clear up later. For recording  drives and irons I think I like hands off Arccos usage, but for wedges, putting, and the app I like golf pad gps.

After 3 rounds I'm leaning towards going back to golf pad before this automatic subscription starts on Arccos. I'll give it a few more rounds though.

• Like 2

On 4/17/2022 at 2:20 PM, Paul Sand said:

I couldn't agree more. Golf Pad GPS Tags should be in every one of these discussions. I have Golf Pad GPS with Tags and use the smallest Samsung Galaxy 4 watch with a canvas Barton band which together is very light. I also just got the Arccos Caddy and Link (mostly free) so i wanted to see what all the hype was about.

In short, I feel like Golf Pad is Windows and Arccos is Apple.

By that I mean Golf Pad gives you more settings, intuitive editability and control... while Arccos gives you "pretty" look and hands off usage. For example, excluding shots from distance when you hit a tree or punch out with a longer iron, it's like two presses and done on GP. Alternatively, despite having the full setup on Arccos... (Watch/Link/Phone) I had a real hard time adding a penalty during the round in Arccos. It's just not intuitive, but I was able to add it easily after the round.

The Link connection cuts out occasionally, and when you pick up your phone it will ask you if you want to continue by using your phone instead of Link. Annoying. If I wanted to use my phone I wouldn't have got the Link.

Also, despite having Arccos Link, my phone's battery was still depleted about the same or more on Arccos as with Golf Pad. I'd say 25-40% used. And thats with GP constantly showing the yardage off an initial dark screen. 

With Golf Pad GPS I keep my phone on an Encase belt clip off the backside of my right hip. I tap the Tag's (thinner) sensor from the club to just below the phone's camera where the NFC sensor is, and it gives me confirmation by a vibration or whatever sound I pick. So logging the correct amount of putts is up to me. Despite a unique putter sensor Arccos is missing some putts and my suggestion to them is to offer an optional putter sensor with a push button inside that lets you just manually click it. Arccos also doesn't seem to tabulate the putts until I'm on the next hole, so I'm correcting putts when I want to focus on what's ahead. I like Arccos distance recording for each putt and seems like it could help provide a lot of useful information about quality of putts or chips.

On a mis-hit chip with Arccos, I had to add the second chip at the end of the round since it wouldn't let me add the new chip in the right place. So instead of just swapping the two shots, I had to manually swap pointer positions on the map.

The Arccos page for Club yardages on Android Wear watch OS has a "broken" screen. Like the font is too big and it won't scroll, so all I can see is "Driver recogniz" regardless of additional shots. Think you are supposed to scroll down and view all shots to see club yardages or if they registered, so I'm doing that on the phone. It would also seem I should be able to switch between different holes directly from the watch but I can't.

I'd have to triple verify this but I left my phone on my push cart and when I rolled the cart away a good 10 feet or so, I saw the distance number on my watch changing despite standing still. So I'm thinking it gives you the distance from the phone gps to view on the watch, but then records the distance from the link when you actually take the shot. That would mean you'd have to be by your phone to get accurate yardages. I did later try walking around with my watch and Link but the yardages on the watch did not change again, even though the watch also had built in gps (golf pad gives you the option of using watch or phone gps). This leads me to believe that Arccos uses the phone's GPS for the initial yardage display... or the link is focusing on recording shots rather than getting GPS.

Arccos drives me nuts with zooming. It always zooms into the center of the map, not where your fingers are. So you zoom, then scroll, then Zoom some more. Frustrating to look more closely at chips, although there is a green-only view for putts. Also, it doesnt really show where on the green the approach landed until you view green view.

Nitpicking here but it shows you the total of putts on the map which is good (ex: p1, p3) but I feel like putts should be displayed uniquely from all the other shots. Maybe with a different color than green or something. When I'm just looking at the phone to see if the putts registered it takes a moment for me to differentiate between a chip and the putt since they are clustered together and I can't easily zoom. 

It's also bizarre the way the putt distances record on the green-view. I can't tell if the first putt is the distance to the hole or the distance of the actual putt, because the second and third putts are not displayed visually on the map.

If you have the Link you'll have to tuck in your shirt to use it on your belt or put it below the shirt on your pocket, but if it's covered it doesn't register shots. On a very windy day I think it also missed a few shots but otherwise irons and drives are pretty close to flawless recording. A vibration on the watch as confirmation of recorded shots would be nice addition though.

Arccos screen touch sensitivity also seems different than my other apps when dragging your fingers across the screen it's reluctant to follow.

Back to Golf Pad... its too bad that Google won't allow golf pad to use the NFC reader in your watch to register shots, because otherwise I wouldn't need the belt clip and could leave my phone in my bag while using Golf Pad Tags.

I've had the same Tags for years now with the only issue being sometimes it will rarely start recording shots on the wrong hole, but only when some tee boxes are too close together. It's easy to move them back though. The only other issue with golf pad tags is sometimes I get into the game and just dumb dumb forget if I tapped it, so I end up with double taps that I have to clear up later. For recording  drives and irons I think I like hands off Arccos usage, but for wedges, putting, and the app I like golf pad gps.

After 3 rounds I'm leaning towards going back to golf pad before this automatic subscription starts on Arccos. I'll give it a few more rounds though.

The clicking mechanism you describe for the GolfTags does sound a bit less prone to error.  My girlfriend had Arccos and the putter tracking alone drove her mad.  The tracker also eventually fell off and so, she no longer uses Arccos.  As someone who switches out clubs all the time though, the tracking I can do on GolfPad simply with my smartwatch without Tags was a big selling point.  

I have rotation clubs in the "retired" section of my bag that I switch in and out of "my bag".  Would be awesome if I could construct bags and swap them in and out multiple clubs at a time.  I would happily pay double the current annual subscription fee of $20 just for that feature to be added in GolfPad. 

Also agree on the point of how easy it is to make edits and and accurately track mis-chips with GP.  Being already mad at the missed chip, messed up tracking would only compound on the mental burden.  Add in some club tangle putting the club back in the bag and I'd be ready to go home. 

• Like 1

Full Bag / Short set                                                         

- Taylormade Sim

5W (17.5), 7W (20.5), 9W (23.5) - Ping G425 Max

5H - Ping G425

6i-UW / 7i, 9i, UW - Ping i210

SW - Ping Glide 3.0 SS 54.12

LW - Ping Glide 3.0 TS 60.06

P - SC Pro Platinum Laguna 2.5 
Bag - Ping Hoofer Lite / Ping Moonlite (old one with vertical strap)

I have to say that it, appears to me, that Arccos favours iOS in preference to Android.  All accounts I've read of poor battery life have come from Android users like me.  Sadly, in my case, that is not the only problem with Arccos.  I'm using a Galaxy S20 and a Galaxy Watch Active:
1. Starting a round is the first nightmare.  8 times out of 10 I have to restart the phone app or the watch app or both before they will sync.

2. Putts are a complete lottery.  I need to look at the phone on every hole to check how many putts have been recorded.  Occasionally the number is correct but mostly not although, occasionally it has managed to get the right number despite the last 'putt' being a 'gimme'!

3. Scoring - this is a real frustration.  here in the UK, we favour the Stableford system but Arccos does not.  I have emailed them twice to see if they will be bringing out a revision which will include Stableford scoring but I'm always fobbed off with 'it's in the pipeline'.  For what it's worth, Golf Pad offers 9 different scoring formats and all for $20 per annum.

4. GPS problems.  I don't know what else to call this because that's what it appears to be.  I can be walking down a fairway but my watch says I'm not getting any nearer to the green.  When I check the phone, either it thinks I'm on a completely different hole on the other side of the course or the display has frozen and I need to get out the phone and click the yardage icon in the top right hand corner of the screen.  Eventually the  numbers appear as they should.  Really, weird.

5. Battery life. It would almost be tolerable if it were only the phone's battery that got depleted but it affects the watch's too!  I always ensure I start a round with at least 95% battery life on both but at the end of a 4 hour round, the phone is down to say 13% and the watch to maybe 20%.  Also, weirdly, the distance to the green would appear instantly when I looked at my watch.  Just lately, however, I can see the numbers scrolling down over a couple of seconds until they reach the right figure.  Could it be that it is somehow using the watch's GPS?  This could explain the battery drain.

I'm afraid I won't be shelling out nearly £150 to purchase a 1 year subscription for a product which should be so much better than it is.

To be honest, I've been playing golf for over 60 years and I don't need an app to tell me where my faults are.  What could work for me would be an Arccos Lite.  One which would track your shots, give you your yardages and keep your score whether you're playing stroke play, match play, skins or Stableford.  The rest, for me is guff.  If they could do all this for $20, I'd probably buy it.  My big problem now is, how do I fit my old Golf Pad tags onto my Ping irons that came with Arccos grips!