MEMBER REVIEWS: Tour Edge Exotics C721 Drivers! See What Members Are Saying!

2004306640_TEdrivertesting.png.47f95e39ead3771ca10bf925e6a13d83.png

We have 4 members testing out the newest Tour Edge Exotics Driver, the C721! The members below are testing out the new driver and will be reporting to the community on the performance they are seeing on the course! Please feel free to ask any questions you might have and the testers will be happy to chime in! The testers are...

@Tanner25

@Sparty4202

@Volgolfer

@MillerLowLife

We also want to give a huge THANK YOU to Tour Edge for putting on this testing event!

• Like 1

Thanks, TourEdge and WRX for the opportunity!

Pumped to be trying this new driver. Came at a really good time as I’ve been dying to upgrade my current gamer and my swing has been feeling better than it did in all of 2020.

CURRENT BAG

Driver: Mizuno st190 10.5 w/ Ventus Blue 6x w/ velocore playing at 45.25

Hybrids: 3/5 TourEdge Exotics Ex5 PRO w/ Oban Blue 05

Irons: Srixon Z785 4-PW w/ x100

Wedges: Mizuno T20 w/ s400

Putter: SC NP2

Last year I went in for a 3wood and hybrid fitting and came out with 2 TE Exotics hybrids. I live in Utah so I can get away without a 3wood on most days and have enjoyed both of these clubs in my bag. I gained a lot of confidence in them and have never had problems with distance control. I may take out my 4i eventually for a 3 wood and better gapping.

MY SWING

I’ve battled old habits of an over-the-top move but got a lesson through the winter to break old habits and feel like they’re starting to pay off. My swing speed is usually around 116-120mph. I stick to a fade for shot shape.

C721 DRIVER

I had seen the testing that TXG has done and spent a little time finding what I could on the driver shaft options. I ended up ordering the following

C721 10.5 w/ HZRDUS Smoke Black RDX 70x playing at 45.5’’ will be initially tested in O- setting to bring it down to 9.5.

I expect to gain some yardage from the additional playing length and the CG being pushed back in the head. I hope that my better swing delivery matched up with the head/shaft combo will bring the spin rate down and get straighter shots with some rollout. I’ve never swung an HZRDUS shaft full-time in any of my drivers in the past so I’m interested to see how this one feels and if anyone else has thoughts that have gamed it. I’ve heard mixed feelings about the old Smoke Black (non-RDX) version.

I haven’t received mine yet but will post pictures once I do. I’ll give some initial thoughts on the range when I receive it then again after I play 18 holes on Saturday. Got some warm 80* degree weather on the forecast.

Edited by MillerLowLife
  • Like 1

Thanks, TourEdge and GolfWRX for this awesome opportunity! It was a very quick turnaround from selecting the specs to delivery! I was way overdo for an upgrade as I was gaming a 12 degree Wilson D100. I am a senior golfer and have been playing for 40+ years. My swing speed is 85 and I am a high handicap golfer. 

Unboxing: It was nicely boxed and wrapped. The headcover looks really good and the wrench comes with a small card with a chart that gives you the different options for setting it to 9.5 degrees to 12.5 degrees with two different lie options. It was very easy to make these adjustments. I have always used glued shafts so I am excited to try out the different options. 

The club itself is beautiful. It looks a little different with the carbon wings and ridgeback when checking out photos on line. But, in-person at address it is not as noticeable and looks great.  I have the 10.5 with the Fujikura Air Speeder 40 with a regular shaft. Coming from the D100, it didn't feel too much different. Both are a light weight. The Air Speeder shaft looks great and matches up nicely with the Lamkin 360 Gray grips. Which happens to be my grip of choice in my irons. I love that grip! Feels great, with a nice gray color and wears pretty well. 

Took it to the course yesterday. First shot, was a low bullet pulled a bit. But, the longest of my career on this hole and one I have played for 20 years. Going to a 10.5 loft helped. The second was just as good with a baby fade. I think I was getting over confident and was swinging a bit hard for the remainder of the day and the result were some slices. But, at worst, they were in the fringe/rough on the right side. I am just not used to fading it that much. My D100 was short. But, straight. 

I am looking forward to playing with the adjustments, slowing my swing down to work with the flex. I have a regular. But, it is playing close to a Sr shaft. That is something to consider if you are going with the Air Speeders. I would demo them if possible.

Overall, I am really pleased and can't wait to get back on the course.

Please, feel free to ask any questions.

Thanks, again

Tanner

C 721.jpg

C721 Driver.jpg

C721TE.jpg

C721TEE.jpg

C721TourEdge.jpg

Tanner Drive.jpg

TEE Headcover.jpg

Edited by Tanner25
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

First I’d like to thank Tour Edge and GolfWRX for the opportunity to test the new Tour Edge Exotics C721 driver.

A little about me

I’m a retired professional in my late 60s and I have been playing golf for over 40 years. I play 2-3 times per week during the golf season here in Michigan usually between late March and the end of November. I’ve been a member at a club for 35+ years and currently play to 5.9 handicap. The course plays at 6300 yards and is very tight with plenty of trees, OB and water.
The strongest part of my game is the driver. My current driver is a Ping G400 which I was fitted for 4 years ago. My previous driver was in the bag for 3 years....so I’ve been very loyal to my drivers.

I hit about 65% of my fairways and my miss is usually a push.

Driver swing speed is 90-93 mph. 

My Current Bag

Driver - Ping G400 10.5 Alta 55 S

Woods - Callaway Epic 15* Hzurdus 6.0 /  Callaway Epic 18* (19*) Hzurdus 5.5

Hybrids - Titliest 818 H1 21* Tensei Red R 

Irons - Mizuno 919 HM Pro 5-PW UST Recoil ESX 460 F3

Wedges - Ping Glide 3.0 50* /  Callaway PM Grind 54* 

Putter - Odyssey O-Works 7 ... Golf Pride SNSR Contour Pro

Ball - Titliest ProV1x left dash

The new driver showed up at my door on Saturday...unfortunately the weather this weekend was pretty cold and I wasn’t able to get out to play. Plan to give it a go on Wednesday with my regular group of guys.

61F5DADE-9C87-469B-95CA-107E85F227E7.jpeg.abfc8c00f106b61ffb3e45fbb81595ce.jpeg

1B806534-079D-4302-87E7-7CAB26682625.jpeg.4df59380ff6f1b7a65a72ab27da83a94.jpeg

Tour Edge C721 

My Driver specs:

• 10.5* 
  • Fijikura Ventus Red 4T Core 50R
  • 45” (1/2” short)
  • D2 
  • Lamkin Crossline +2 wraps

The driver has a classic pear shape look. The carbon fiber wings and the ridgeback technology mesh well together. The gloss finish is subtle and the carbon fiber wings and ridgeback technology mesh well and are not distracting.  The driver sits pretty square at address and looks good. The C721 is defiantly a different look from my Ping G400. While it is different it is very pleasing to the eye. 

79107C5A-4CA3-4B53-943A-FF4F2F9DB947.jpeg.0950dba56598a622942c0444ed17b4e8.jpeg

68A0062A-9221-468A-B0F8-36239C63B749.jpeg.0758ba5b67926a007db80f909d8840d5.jpeg

So I’ll be off to the course later this week and I will give you guys my playing update. I’m looking forward to giving the C721 a good workout.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Edited by Sparty4202
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Driver - Ping G400 10.5 Graphite Design VR 5 R1
  • Wood - Taylormade Sim TI 5 wood 19* (17.5) Diamana 65R
  • Wood - Callaway Epic Speed 7 wood 21* HZRDUS 60-5.5
  • Hybrid - Ping G430 22* R 
  • Hybrid - Ping G425 26* @ 25* R
  • Irons - New Level 902 PD 6-PW & AW Elevate MPH 95 R 
  • Wedge - Ping Glide 2.0 50* AWT 
  • Wedge - Callaway  MD3 Milled 56/10 TT Elevate MPH 95 R
  • Putter - Odyssey White Hot OG #7 Bird 34” 
  • Ball - Maxfli Tour 

Great win and solid early reviews!!

Titleist TSi2 9° - Mitsubishi Tensei White 60 X

Ping G400 14.5° - Matrix Black tie 7M3 SG

Ping G400 17.5° - Aldila HM-40 Tour Gold Tour 95 S

Titleist 818 H1 22° - Aldila NV 95 X

Callaway Rogue Pro 4-PW - True Temper XP 95 ST15 S300 (Black)

Vanilla Wedge 50°, 55°, & 60° - KBS 610 Wedge S

Scotty Cameron Golo s5 34"

Member of #teamjetspeed - December 2013

22 hours ago, MillerLowLife said:

@Volgolfer Shoot, I'm jealous you already have yours. Does it sound just as good in person as it did in the TXG review? I also watched the 2nd Swing review that seemed to mirror a lot of what TXG spoke to.

Yes, the sound is perfect.  The engineers at TE did a great job.  As Matty said on TXG, it doesn't even come close to sounding like a tin can.  Somewhere between muted and crack-sound, more towards the muted.  You're going to love it.

Srixon Z785 6-P
PXG 0211 4h & 5h
Mizuno T 56/58/60
Tour Edge C721 10.5 w/Ventus Red R
PXG 0341 Proto 3w
Titleist 909 5w
TaylorMade Daddy Long Legs Spider
Snell MTB-X

Ok, two rounds under my belt with the C721.

Oh my. 

Oh my oh my.

This driver is a beast.  No launch monitor, but I can tell this thing is a low spin monster.  I did a few holes at the 8.5 degree setting and the ball came off like a missile.  I have a pretty level angle of attack and I thought the launch angle was a bit too low (even though the fairways are firm and fast) so have adjusted up to 9.5.  This seems to be more to my liking but will try the 10.5 setting tomorrow.  At the 9.5 setting I was seeing really long, straight shots.  I normally have total driving distances of around 240 yds.  I was seeing that easily, with a few 250's and one touching 261.  Unheard of for me.  I hit 9 of 14 fairways today and the 5 that I missed were within the first cut

This thing is deadly accurate.

The feeling when hitting this club is quite special.  The best word I can use to describe it is stable.  I don't know if it's the clubhead or the shaft, but it feels like I have total control of the head at impact.  I suspect it's the high MOI (would like to know what that is).  My LTD has 4576 Y-Axis MOI so I'm guessing the C721 must be in the mid-5000's, and might be in league with the G425.  Speaking of the G425, one of my playing partners has one.  We have the same swing speed and I was easily 5 to 10 yds by him consistently

He was pretty pissed. 

I told him get over it.

The sound is a dull crack.  At first I wasn't sure I was going to like it coming from the LTD which is a dull thud.  But when that feeling goes up your arms and you see the results the dull crack just makes sense, if that makes any sense :).  It's a powerful sound as my playing partners described it. 

They weren't happy about that.

I was.

The normal shot shape for me is straight and I have to work at it to draw or fade.  With this the normal shot was a nice baby draw.  As I said before I hate the hook and love to fade the ball but I have to manufacture that swing.  The C721 let me do that without as much effort as I had to put into the LTD.  I was so used to putting an exaggerated move on the LTD to get a baby fade and that same move on the C721 was producing a pretty big slice.  This doesn't make sense to me - a higher MOI club should take more effort to shape.  Be that as it may, rest assured you can shape this baby pretty easily.

Will play a few more rounds this week and report back.  If the driver is this good, wonder about it's siblings.....

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Srixon Z785 6-P
PXG 0211 4h & 5h
Mizuno T 56/58/60
PXG 0341 Proto 3w
Titleist 909 5w
Snell MTB-X

Finally received mine today. Hoping to get to the range to test and give initial thoughts. Immediately like the way it sits at address and I ground my driver before shots. 

I originally got contacted about winning and gave my order and originally missed clarifying if it was a 70s or 70x, just said 70. Clarified the next day was suppose to be X but I guess they didn’t get that update on the 15th. I’m hoping I won’t notice much of a difference in the 6.0 but we’ll see. 

D0769E1B-6F72-44A9-953C-FFB0457F1B80.jpeg

C0851A3A-FF80-4FDC-9870-6033D6E192D9.jpeg

CFC6686C-FEC2-4AD0-88A8-B76C24592E37.jpeg

A27B9C39-AE35-4C86-A427-6FC6E8273E0A.jpeg

5F4EE735-9381-4122-899F-42ADB66999A8.jpeg

1AB52F14-8FF5-4A63-B199-4B03E509D83B.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Ok...weather finally cleared up and I was able to get to the course Wednesday and try out the Tour Exotics C721.

Warm up Review

Got to the club a little early for some warm up and range time...we have a limited range at the club and no drivers are allowed, so after a iron warm up, I headed off to the 9th tee with some Titliest ProV1x left dash balls to give this driver a go. 
I started with the driver at its standard settings 10.5* standard lie, this mirrors my current Ping G400.

After the first few balls all I could say is wow...the C721 was really impressive. It has a great feel of the face almost explosive, the ball seemed to come off hot and straight. I have to saw the other thing that impressed me was the sound, while it’s hard to explain I was expecting a dull thud similar to the Callaway Epics I have tried but that’s not the case. It is very solid sounding. My Ping has that loudness to it which I like but the C721 just sounds strong.

Ball flight at 10.5 was a little lower than my Ping so I moved it up to 11.5 and it’s a little higher than the window I’m use to seeing.

The driver looks very good at address, it looks more rounded at the toe than my Ping so it seems to look open to me but it easy to get use to the visual change. Also I Ridgeback design was not noticeable to me on the course. I was very comfortable looking down at the C721 all day.

Putting it in play

I started out with it at 10.5* on the course and my drive on #1 was right down the middle about 7-10 yards longer than my Ping...with a good 7 iron I put one up to less and a foot from the pin for a nice birdie, great start with a new driver!!
I hit 5/7 fairways on the front 9 and my 3 misses where all a little right push which is my normal miss.

I did move the loft up to 11.5 and which was a better flight window for me.

On the back 9 I hit 5/8 fairways with all misses a right push. I did experiment a little more with lofts and lies on the back 9 and found some consistency with 11.5* and 61.5 lie which surprised me.

Overall I’m pretty impressed after my first round with the C721. It’s performance was very good..noticeably better than my Ping G400. 

I’ll give some addition recaps soon....so far I have to say I’m impressed with the performance of the C721.

Edited by Sparty4202
  • Like 1
  • Ball - Maxfli Tour 

On 4/30/2021 at 10:42 AM, Sparty4202 said:

Ok...weather finally cleared up and I was able to get to the course Wednesday and try out the Tour Exotics C721.

Warm up Review

Got to the club a little early for some warm up and range time...we have a limited range at the club and no drivers are allowed, so after a iron warm up, I headed off to the 9th tee with some Titliest ProV1x left dash balls to give this driver a go. 
I started with the driver at its standard settings 10.5* standard lie, this mirrors my current Ping G400.

After the first few balls all I could say is wow...the C721 was really impressive. It has a great feel of the face almost explosive, the ball seemed to come off hot and straight. I have to saw the other thing that impressed me was the sound, while it’s hard to explain I was expecting a dull thud similar to the Callaway Epics I have tried but that’s not the case. It is very solid sounding. My Ping has that loudness to it which I like but the C721 just sounds strong.

Ball flight at 10.5 was a little lower than my Ping so I moved it up to 11.5 and it’s a little higher than the window I’m use to seeing.

The driver looks very good at address, it looks more rounded at the toe than my Ping so it seems to look open to me but it easy to get use to the visual change. Also I Ridgeback design was not noticeable to me on the course. I was very comfortable looking down at the C721 all day.

Putting it in play

I started out with it at 10.5* on the course and my drive on #1 was right down the middle about 7-10 yards longer than my Ping...with a good 7 iron I put one up to less and a foot from the pin for a nice birdie, great start with a new driver!!
I hit 5/7 fairways on the front 9 and my 3 misses where all a little right push which is my normal miss.

I did move the loft up to 11.5 and which was a better flight window for me.

On the back 9 I hit 5/8 fairways with all misses a right push. I did experiment a little more with lofts and lies on the back 9 and found some consistency with 11.5* and 61.5 lie which surprised me.

Overall I’m pretty impressed after my first round with the C721. It’s performance was very good..noticeably better than my Ping G400. 

I’ll give some addition recaps soon....so far I have to say I’m impressed with the performance of the C721.

Nice, Sparty4202. How do you like the Red Ventus shaft?

• Like 1

What a club. I finally got out to the course and I'm honestly not surprised on how this thing is performing. Tour Edge is also great to work with as they are sending me out the 6.5 Smoke Rdx 70 that they received on the information from WRX. Really appreciate them willing to correct this even though I didn't buy this myself. 

Ball: MTB-X

Course conditions: Slight overcast here in Utah with some wind but suppose to hit 80*.  Probably plays around 4,200 ft elevation here in SLC so the ball can go. 

Shaft: I played the 6.0 Smoke RDX Black 70 shaft today and think they did a solid job with their shaft selections. I was hesitant but I've been super impressed with the overall feel of this shaft and look forward to the 6.5 in there. Shaft didn't feel too light or soft. Didn't feel a ton of load in the shaft but enough to have good feel. Had a couple pulls with the driver but want to see how the 6.5 will play.

Club head: I personally have gotten past being overly critical on aesthetics of a driver. I've thought the original M2 was wild but seemed to help frame the ball. Played a blue Mizuno driver a couple years ago as well. If it plays, it plays. However, I think the ridgeback design and top of the driver is great and frames the ball really well. I think it's subtle enough to not distract you and I don't have to worry too much over alignment or ball position. Sound is definitely muted but has a distinct sound. Much better feel than my Mizuno St190. 

Playability: I hit maybe 10 balls on the range and immediately has the upmost confidence in this setup. On course was not much different, I knew where I could miss on this course and I play a fade and luckily much of the water is on the right side with bail out areas to the left. Had no problem on 3 holes aiming to the left and cutting maybe 20 yards to the right into the fairway. I didn't notice any draw bias but seems like you could work it both ways depending on your shot with this driver. I've been having so many shots with my old driver  result in high spinning shots missing to the right that really cost me yards and lose confidence on holes I couldn't miss right. This driver was finally getting me back to medium launch and low spin drives and getting me into great positions for 2nd shots. 

Gotta think that anyone considering dropping hundreds of dollars on a new driver should consider this one. You'll probably save yourself a couple hundred, especially if you get up-charged shafts. I honestly don't see myself taking this out of my bag for a while and have loved my TE hybrids as well. 

I'll be at the range tomorrow to get some comparison pictures with my old driver and maybe a video. My dog tore his doggy ACL and had surgery so it kept me from the range during the week.

Kept track of two holes with yardage where the card reads 429 from the blues with water all along the right with a fairly narrow fairway. Hilly rough along the left but another fairway over them with no trees. Wind was in and from the right. Knew I could miss left so I aim towards the hill, safe from the water, and expect the fade to bring it over to the fairway. Did just that on this hole. Cart measured it at 315. 

and on number 18 with a helping wind had 202 into a par 5. Card reads 561 (dog leg right) but the wind was pretty strong by 18, didn't get cart yardage from the tee. Same thing, water down the right, fairway to the left, so I aimed conservatively and executed the fade into the middle of the fairway. Hit the green in two and 3 putted. 

E9273CD3-86D0-473E-A2BF-181D7A0DA2E2.jpeg

Edited by MillerLowLife
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Tanner25 said:

Nice, Sparty4202. How do you like the Red Ventus shaft?

I have to say so far I like the Red Ventus shaft. My current Ping G400 has their stock Alta CB 55 stiff shaft and I it has always performed for me. I was a little hesitant ordering the R flex, I have a strong transition so a lot of R flex shafts can be unstable.
This is not the case for the Ventus Red, it is very stable for me. I think the shaft is the main reason my ball flight is a little lower at 10.5* with the C721 vs the Ping G400. 

• Like 1
  • Ball - Maxfli Tour 

2 hours ago, Sparty4202 said:

I have to say so far I like the Red Ventus shaft. My current Ping G400 has their stock Alta CB 55 stiff shaft and I it has always performed for me. I was a little hesitant ordering the R flex, I have a strong transition so a lot of R flex shafts can be unstable.
This is not the case for the Ventus Red, it is very stable for me. I think the shaft is the main reason my ball flight is a little lower at 10.5* with the C721 vs the Ping G400. 

I'm also impressed with the shaft.  I'd say my R plays more like an R+.  Continue to hit nice little draws when struck well and harder to fade unless you really put a slice swing on it.  I went to 10.5 setting and still has a mid flight for me.  So I'm guessing it's the shaft and not the head that's producing that.  No problems though - still long....

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Srixon Z785 6-P
PXG 0211 4h & 5h
Mizuno T 56/58/60
PXG 0341 Proto 3w
Titleist 909 5w
Snell MTB-X

So far I’ve noticed that compared to my old gamer, this driver is more forgiving with off center hits. Have to imagine the CG being pushed that far back and low, helped a lot. You can notice the shape compared to my old driver but at address, I don’t really notice the longer shape. 

Waiting for the 6.5 shaft to get delivered as I’m hoping it will feel similar but maybe tighten up dispersion. 

1F955E5E-CF8F-4D93-9FB2-0E6089BCDAB3.jpeg

A9342617-399C-4462-8BDD-6C7A24D46A28.jpeg

7ABC8032-643B-44D0-B8E9-B21F09658E32.jpeg

• Thanks 1

I am not an official tester of this driver, but I am an owner. I bought one and started out with the HZRDUS Blue stiff shaft on their recommendations.

The shaft was just too stiff for me so I had them send me the Ventus Red in regular flex. 

I have had it out in this configuration 4 times now and really ....no ...really like this driver. The off center hits on it are incredible compared to all other drivers I have used.

And then the rollout on it whether center hit or off is fantastic. I have it set at the 10.5 loft as it came but I think I am going to bump it up one notch and see if a little more carry will give me even more distance.

I will report those findings after my round next Sunday.

• Thanks 2

18 hours ago, Drumdog said:

I am not an official tester of this driver, but I am an owner. I bought one and started out with the HZRDUS Blue stiff shaft on their recommendations.

The shaft was just too stiff for me so I had them send me the Ventus Red in regular flex. 

I have had it out in this configuration 4 times now and really ....no ...really like this driver. The off center hits on it are incredible compared to all other drivers I have used.

And then the rollout on it whether center hit or off is fantastic. I have it set at the 10.5 loft as it came but I think I am going to bump it up one notch and see if a little more carry will give me even more distance.

I will report those findings after my round next Sunday.

I'm seeing low launch even at 10.5 so also considering lifting up.  

Srixon Z785 6-P
PXG 0211 4h & 5h
Mizuno T 56/58/60
PXG 0341 Proto 3w
Titleist 909 5w
Snell MTB-X

56 minutes ago, Volgolfer said:

I'm seeing low launch even at 10.5 so also considering lifting up.  

I’ve moved mine up to 11.5* plus changed to the upright lie setting to get the best ball flight.....which is strange for me as my irons play at 1* flat.

• Ball - Maxfli Tour 

I originally tested in the 9.5 setting and immediately changed it back to stock 10.5 on the range before my round. I've noticed some mishits can certainly be low but good strikes are medium launch and lowspin. We'll see if the change in shaft makes any difference. I might tinker with the higher setting after too.

A big shout out to Chris at Tour Edge in their customer service department. He swapped out my Air Speeder (too much flex) shaft with a Ventus Red R. Love the red shaft and the black head. It was a quick and easy process. Also, he has been more than happy to answer my questions and make suggestions, too. The 721 is a great driver. But, their customer service is amazing. Thanks, again to Tour Edge and Golfwrx for this great opportunity.

Edited by Tanner25
  • Like 1

@Tanner25

Thanks for bringing up your opinion on the Air Speeder shaft. I was on the fence about what shaft to select and your comments steered me to the Ventus Red R. I have the Air Speeder in my 721 woods and feel it is a good fit for me. I use a more controlled swing with my woods. I went with the Ventus Red R in the driver and I am glad I did. I like the feel of this shaft with my more aggressive swing with the driver.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Greenie said:

@Tanner25

Thanks for bringing up your opinion on the Air Speeder shaft. I was on the fence about what shaft to select and your comments steered me to the Ventus Red R. I have the Air Speeder in my 721 woods and feel it is a good fit for me. I use a more controlled swing with my woods. I went with the Ventus Red R in the driver and I am glad I did. I like the feel of this shaft with my more aggressive swing with the driver.

Excellent, Greenie! I'm glad my comments helped. You can definitely be more aggressive with the Ventus Red R compared to the Air Speeder. I'm starting to practice with the VR and it's an improvement over the Air Speeder and there's less dispersion. Looking forward to getting this set up to the course. 

Edited by Tanner25

42 minutes ago, Tanner25 said:

Excellent, Greenie! I'm glad my comments helped. You can definitely be more aggressive with the Ventus Red R compared to the Air Speeder. I'm starting to practice with the VR and it's an improvement over the Air Speeder and there's less dispersion. Looking forward to getting this set up to the course. 

I'm still playing with the settings on mine. I received mine last Sat. while I was out playing. I had to throw in a round late Sun. to try it out.

It worked out perfect for me. No one behind me so I hit two drives on every hole that required a driver. I also moved back to the white tees. I usually play the yellow (up tees) for men.

I have the 10.5 driver and started out on the 12.5 setting. I was hitting high straight drives with a fair amount of roll out. I had a similar flight to my current gamer Cobra F9 10.5 12.5 setting but noticed more roll out. After four driver holes I changed the setting to 11.5 61.5 setting. All I can say is WOW! Lower flight and the ball rolls forever. The only problem I had was I thought this was the upright setting. I started hitting more out to the right side of the fairway and into the first cut of rough as my round went on. My usual ball is straight to a draw and I'm usually down the middle to the left of the fairway. This could be a visual thing for me or as the round went on I was simply over swinging. Once you start seeing places you haven't seen in a while you kind of want more.

Overall I'm really impressed with the distance I'm getting with this driver. It is definitely longer for me. I played the whites and on many holes I out did where my ball usually ends up playing from the yellow tees. The course was wet but I was getting plenty of roll out. I can only imagine the roll out I'm going to be getting on hard sun baked fairways. 

Looking forward to getting this thing dialed in and set up for the course too.

• Like 2

On 5/5/2021 at 5:12 PM, Tanner25 said:

A big shout out to Chris at Tour Edge in their customer service department. He swapped out my Air Speeder (too much flex) shaft with a Ventus Red R. Love the red shaft and the black head. It was a quick and easy process. Also, he has been more than happy to answer my questions and make suggestions, too. The 721 is a great driver. But, their customer service is amazing. Thanks, again to Tour Edge and Golfwrx for this great opportunity.

This I will whole heartedly agree with. Their customer service is first class. 

• Like 2

I am probably a little sour grapes here because I really wanted to test this club but I wish we could have had more reviewers with a little more speed. I guess these clubs are going to be marketed to the senior sector so this is their focus. That is unfortunate because I’m sure it would perform very well for the faster player. 
I have not had any chance to play this driver but I do play the EXS Pro and can say that it is the best driver I have played in my 40 years of playing golf. I absolute love the thing. Thank you guys who got the chance for giving us your thoughts. End of my small rant. 

7 hours ago, Double Dodger said:

I am probably a little sour grapes here because I really wanted to test this club but I wish we could have had more reviewers with a little more speed. I guess these clubs are going to be marketed to the senior sector so this is their focus. That is unfortunate because I’m sure it would perform very well for the faster player. 
I have not had any chance to play this driver but I do play the EXS Pro and can say that it is the best driver I have played in my 40 years of playing golf. I absolute love the thing. Thank you guys who got the chance for giving us your thoughts. End of my small rant. 

Tour edge offers 30 day money back guarantee.  I’ve used it several times. They make the process easy if you don’t end up liking the club.  

Ping G430 Max 10.5 Tensei Orange AV Raw 55 Reg

Ping G430 SFT 5w 19* Alta Black Reg

Ping G430 SFT 7w 23* Alta Black Reg

Tour Edge Xrail 5h 26* Graphite Design G-Series Reg

Ping G425 6-UW Alta Slate Reg

Ping Glide 4.0 56* WS Nippon Z-115

Cleveland CBX Full Face 2 60* DG Spinner

Cleveland Smart Sole C 4.0 

Ping 2023 Anser D

Handicap: 8.2