2024 Wells Fargo Championship WITB Photos ×

MEMBER REVIEWS: Tour Edge Exotics C721 Drivers! See What Members Are Saying!

Big upset! Down goes the PING 425LST. Maybe people will start to understand the talk in this thread about the driver. It's not over exaggerated for the sake of testers being chosen, this driver flat out performs. Much like my TourEdge hybrids, they're cheaper clubs and I think that can help with getting fit for custom shafts. Optimize your setup but don't sleep on TE woods.  

Not sure if it's okay to post on here but you can find the video posted today on TXG Tour Experience Golf YT channel. 

EDIT: I need a new fairway wood and I hope to try one this year. Hoping the C721 Fairway is just as good.

Edited by MillerLowLife

I bought the C721 16.5 and 21 fairway woods the first day the were available for sale. They flat out perform. The best TEE fairways I have played and I have played three other TEE models since I started playing TEE.

I was so impressed with the fairways I bought the driver. All my group are in our 60's and we play from the senior or up tees. This past Sunday the one guy comments that I should move back to the white tees. Since I bought the C721 driver it wasn't fair how much farther some of my drives have been. I'm still messing with the settings. LOL

• Like 2

On 5/25/2021 at 11:53 AM, jonflesh said:

Big upset for the tour edge in the txg bracket. The driver edged the ping and is onto the finals

Technically edged the PING, but kind of destroyed it at the same time. Longer, and considering all shots, much straighter. 

PING G400 MAX 10*, Ventus Blue 6X

Cleveland HiBore XL 2 Wood - THE GOAT

Cobra F6 Baffler 17,5*, AD DI 8S

Cobra F7 Hybrid 21.5*, AD DI 95S

Srixon ZX5mk2 5, ZX7mk2 6-PW Modus 120x

50/54/60 Cleveland RTX6 Zipcore DG Spinner

On 4/30/2021 at 6:19 PM, Volgolfer said:

Ok, five full rounds of play with the C721.  It's staying in the bag without a doubt.  Here are my final impressions and thoughts:

Playability  The C721 is almost point and shoot.  I had to really put a bad move on this to get it to miss a fairway.  I suspect based on shot shapes that this club is straight to slightly draw biased.  Distance is as good if not better than some of the big boys it was up against (Maverick, G400, G425, Epic Flash).  Tim Petrovic is right - this baby is long, really long.  With the stock weight (10g I believe) this is a low launch, low spin driver, at least for me.  Some may want to look at adding more weight to increase the dynamic loft, but I was quite happy with the launch window and resulting run-out.

Sound/Feel  You won't mistake this for a Ping.  Nice muted crack regardless of where you hit it on the face.  This translates into a very solid, almost heavy feel when making contact.  Think sledgehammer.

Looks  Continue to love the way the ridgeback frames the ball and creates has a slightly open, fade look at address.  Carbon/Titanium mix on the crown is really stealthy and looks like something NASA (or I guess now SpaceX) would dream up.  Face seems to stand up well to contact - no ball or tee marks to speak of.

If I Could Change One Thing...  Most golfers want to eliminate one side of the fairway with their driver.  The C721 has several upright settings to cater to those who want to avoid the right side.  I think Tour Edge could really benefit by adding an optional anti-hook tip adaptor that had flat settings in place of the upright.  To my knowledge only Ping and PXG have the feature of multiple flat settings.  I think this would put the driver on the map for those who are looking for a flatter lie to hit those nice predictable baby fades.

Summary  This is a GREAT driver.  It should be in the conversation of best drivers this year but unfortunately it'll be drowned out by the marketing noise/$'s of the big four (Callaway, Ping, Taylormade and Titleist).  The technology is great and I'm a believer, so much so that I'm looking into adding the C721 3-wood and/or 5-wood to the bag.  Maybe that carries some weight.

Hopefully my tiny voice will rise above the rumbling heard and you'll give the C721 a chance.  At its price point, why wouldn't you???

Feel free to reach out to me with questions, and thanks again to GolfWRX and Tour Edge for the opportunity to test and review this wonderful product.

Great review. Do you know if the weight is glued in? 

Callaway XR16 Fuji 60
TM M2 3 wood
King Cobra F6 5 wood
Titleist 816 H1 21 hybrid
Wilson Staff V6 Forged 5-GW
Mizuno T7 56
Evnroll ER1

Bought a c721 and got fitted into a ventus red 50g R shaft.  Did not want to like this club but I do.  Its been a game changer for me.  Took about 10 years worth of lost distance away.  Loads smoothly, swing weight is great and the tip seems very solid.  Misses are way better.  This combo got my spin down to a consistent 2000 with high launch.  Works very well for me.  In the past when I sought this (think slider 430) it was hard to hit.  This is very easy to hit.  I'm going to buy a 3 wood.  I think its mostly the shaft I like.  These are pretty expensive on their own.  Lucky to be able to get it as a stock shaft at Tour Exotics.

Edited by No 3 putts
typo

On 5/29/2021 at 9:41 AM, No 3 putts said:

Bought a c721 and got fitted into a ventus red 50g R shaft.  Did not want to like this club but I do.  Its been a game changer for me.  Took about 10 years worth of lost distance away.  Loads smoothly, swing weight is great and the tip seems very solid.  Misses are way better.  This combo got my spin down to a consistent 2000 with high launch.  Works very well for me.  In the past when I sought this (think slider 430) it was hard to hit.  This is very easy to hit.  I'm going to buy a 3 wood.  I think its mostly the shaft I like.  These are pretty expensive on their own.  Lucky to be able to get it as a stock shaft at Tour Exotics.

Anxious to hear what you think of 3w.  Have the driver and really like it...

Edited by Volgolfer

Srixon Z785 6-P
PXG 0211 4h & 5h
Mizuno T 56/58/60
Tour Edge C721 10.5 w/Ventus Red R
PXG 0341 Proto 3w
Titleist 909 5w
TaylorMade Daddy Long Legs Spider
Snell MTB-X

I got one round in with mine... I will save the remarks for when I get some more playing time.  I will say that mishits (of which I had quite a few as I get used to the look and shaft) were quite good.  I played with the hosel in standard position, next round I'm going to try a few different settings and see if I can get it more dialed in.

• Like 1

Ping G400 MAX 9° Motore Speeder 757 Evolution Tour Spec S

Mizuno ST-3 15° 3W Ventus Blue Velocore 70S

Tour Edge Exotics EXS Pro 19° 3H HZRDUS Smoke Black 80X
                                                  PXG 0211 XCOR2 Xtreme Dark 5-GW Mitsubishi MMT 80S
Edison 55°/59° DG 115 S200 Tour Issue
Edel EAS 4.0
Camino Sunday Bag
Titleist ProV1

Ok.  I got it set to the O- setting and got a wave of confidence.  Busting some great drives with the C721 now.  I'm not 100% that the X-stiff shaft I chose isn't too much, but I am gaining confidence that I can put a hard swing on it without losing it left.  I haven't hit any drives that are well past my historical great drives, but on this setting I am now hitting a great looking launch and nice direction with mishits turning out extremely well.  I am pretty loyal to drivers so I plan on giving this one a nice long workout.

Ping G400 MAX 9° Motore Speeder 757 Evolution Tour Spec S

Mizuno ST-3 15° 3W Ventus Blue Velocore 70S

Tour Edge Exotics EXS Pro 19° 3H HZRDUS Smoke Black 80X
                                                  PXG 0211 XCOR2 Xtreme Dark 5-GW Mitsubishi MMT 80S
Edison 55°/59° DG 115 S200 Tour Issue
Edel EAS 4.0
Camino Sunday Bag
Titleist ProV1

34 minutes ago, Tupperwolf said:

Ok.  I got it set to the O- setting and got a wave of confidence.  Busting some great drives with the C721 now.  I'm not 100% that the X-stiff shaft I chose isn't too much, but I am gaining confidence that I can put a hard swing on it without losing it left.  I haven't hit any drives that are well past my historical great drives, but on this setting I am now hitting a great looking launch and nice direction with mishits turning out extremely well.  I am pretty loyal to drivers so I plan on giving this one a nice long workout.

Keep the reviews coming. Like the updates. I ordered a 9.0 head with the RDX Blue 60 in 6.0. Thought about the 70g but the rep went through what I’ve been hitting and said the Blue 60 will hold up. Plus, I have a new uncut Hzrdus Smoke Yellow 75g shaft and that is a very similar profile to RDX Blue, so can always go to that if I need heavier. (And fyi, the Tour Edge connection was through @analyticandrew and brings a nice discount). Hope to be giving it a go next week!

Callaway Paradym Triple Diamond 10.5 w/Diamana TB 60S

PXG GEN6 5 wood w/Diamana S-plus 70 stiff

Yamaha RMX VD 7 wood w/Diamana S-plus 70 stiff

Callaway Mavrik Pro hybrid (22) w/Aldila Tour Blue 85 stiff hybrid

Wilson Staff Model CB 5-G w/DG s300 shafts

Edel T grind 54 w/Nippon 125 wedge shaft

Fourteen RM-12 58 w/Dynamic Golds400

Axis1 Rose putter, 34 inches

Still enjoying the C721 in the ventus red r. It feels and looks good, However, I still can't shake the fade. I know it's my swing and not the club. But, if anyone has any suggestions to get more of a draw swing, I'd appreciate it. I tried most of the settings. 11.5 upright feels pretty good. But, it has a very high launch and I am losing distance.

Edited by Tanner25

On 6/7/2021 at 6:24 PM, Tanner25 said:

Still enjoying the C721 in the ventus red r. It feels and looks good, However, I still can't shake the fade. I know it's my swing and not the club. But, if anyone has any suggestions to get more of a draw swing, I'd appreciate it. I tried most of the settings. 11.5 upright feels pretty good. But, it has a very high launch and I am losing distance.

Stiff handle in the ventus red. Never know how shafts are for different players. Have you tried a different shaft profile? I’ve had so many drivers that clicked with a shaft change. 

18 hours ago, dmeeksDC said:

Stiff handle in the ventus red. Never know how shafts are for different players. Have you tried a different shaft profile? I’ve had so many drivers that clicked with a shaft change. 

Thanks, dmeeksDC. I started with the AirSpeeder R and that was about the same result and it had a very whippy shaft. At least the Ventus Red feels good to me. Just need to spend more time with it.

Edited by Tanner25

Is there anyone playing this driver who has also played the EXS 220? Been playing the 220 now for about 3 months and it is the most forgiving head I've ever hit. A good friend tried mine yesterday for the 1st time and was blown away by it's accuracy.  He literally couldn't miss a fairway with it. Just as long as his Epic/Ventus blue combo but the dispersion was 10-15 yards better on both left and right misses. He's already seeking out a 12* head like mine since turning down the loft opens the face. But both he and I are wondering if the 721 is any better? Anyone?

Cobra King f9/Fujikura Atmos Red TS 60S
TEE 15* XCG/DVS 70S
Adams Idea Pro 20*/Aldila Blue Bayou 80S
Srixon 565 4-PW / Nippon tour modus 105S
TM TP 52*
TM TP ATV 56*
TM TP ATV 60*
Giannini Legacy 3

On 6/7/2021 at 5:24 PM, Tanner25 said:

Sounds like the setting is right, but too much loft on the head. If you’re still within the 30 day window, see if you can exchange the head for a lower lofted one. 

TaylorMade Sim Max 9* @ 7* Fujikura Ventus Blue TR 5 Reg
Ping G425 3wd @ Flat setting Fujikura Ventus Blue TR 5 Reg 
Ping G425 7wd @ -1 Flat setting Fujikura Ventus Blue TR 6 Reg
Ping G425 22 hybrid @ Flat setting Fujikura Ventus Blue HB 6 reg
PXG Gen 4 0311XP 6-GW Fujikura Axiom 75 R2 

Cleveland CBX Zipcore 50*, 56*, 60* DG Spinner Stiff stepped soft
Evnroll ER7  33” Rosemark grip

2 hours ago, hammergolf said:

Sounds like the setting is right, but too much loft on the head. If you’re still within the 30 day window, see if you can exchange the head for a lower lofted one. 

Thanks, Hammergolf! I haven't tried the 9.5 setting. After having a 12 degree driver for many years, I didn't see myself as that guy who can handle a 9.5 degree loft. Worth a shot. I do feel the driver head sits back and down (more lofted) at address even at 10.5 setting.

Edited by Tanner25
  • Like 1

So I got one of these and I also have the EXS Pro. The 721 sound is way better but I’m thinking maybe I got the wrong shaft. Hitting the ball way too high and almost have a slice, sometimes nice fade but not intentional. The Pro flies about half as high and is going straighter at the moment. Pro has 60g Hzrdus Yellow, 721 has a 70g Blue and both are 6.5. I guess I really don’t know the difference between the blue and yellow, everything I read pretty much said they should be similar. 

22 hours ago, 27x10.5 said:

So I got one of these and I also have the EXS Pro. The 721 sound is way better but I’m thinking maybe I got the wrong shaft. Hitting the ball way too high and almost have a slice, sometimes nice fade but not intentional. The Pro flies about half as high and is going straighter at the moment. Pro has 60g Hzrdus Yellow, 721 has a 70g Blue and both are 6.5. I guess I really don’t know the difference between the blue and yellow, everything I read pretty much said they should be similar. 

I think the Blue 70 6.5 must be pretty darn stiff! My c721 arrived a few days ago. I put in 90 minutes this morning working on my sand and short game and decided to hit a few drives at the end. So based only on five balls with the c721/HZRDUS RDX Blue 6.0 vs five balls with my current gamer, Callaway B21/Graphite Design AD VR 6S (tipped 1/2 inch), in my hands the 6.0 RDX Blue felt notably stiffer. I also have played HZRDUS Yellow 6.0 and I think the RDX feels stiffer. The data review on Russ Ryden’s shows it to be more stout feeling compared to competitors such as the Diamana TB. I also was fading the ball with this shaft. That’s not all bad, but I was not turning it over when I tried. 

Without a doubt I like the AD VR way more. Now, keep in mind the B21 built right is no slouch. Took a while to dial in because it comes with stock shafts aimed at slow swingers, but I’ve got a 9.0 lofted down with a premium shaft and it is the most overlooked major OEM driver. It has turned away many challengers, most recently the Epic Max LS. It really is not only low spin, but a very forgiving driver. 

That said, the c721 has real potential. It looks great and it sounds as good as the B21, high praise because it is IMO the best-sounding current Callaway driver. C721 is the best sounding Tour Edge driver I’ve hit, for sure. I hated the sound of the EXS and this is night and day better. And all 5 balls I hit, very much in play and hot. Diamond Face 2.0 does bring the heat. Slight fade on all 5 shots as RDX shaft swings ‘heavy’ to me vs the GD incredible smoothness — two straight, three slight draws. Distance edge today went to B21 because I was drawing it. But I was hitting both heads well. Attaching a few photos of the heads for comparison. The c721 has a slightly larger and flatter profile than the B21, which is slightly taller faced. 

RDX Blue is a seriously stable shaft. If you’re an aggressive swinger, might be in your wheelhouse like it was for Matt on TXG. I’ll give the shaft one more go and see what I think. But the c721 head is a winner and the ‘Ridgeback’ is a nice alignment line. Club seems very well designed. Feels good at impact. Got a great deal on it too. 

79684655-18D3-4ABB-8358-F66CC6DCE2C3.jpeg

0AED7742-161D-4B97-ADA3-CC5B71D5653D.jpeg

• Like 1

About 2 weeks ago I bought a c721 exotic in 10.5° with a hazardous smoke RDX blue stiff shaft, 60g. I took the club out for 9 holes the day I got it and it felt amazing. The sound, forgiveness , and distance i gained compared to my last driver was considerable.  The next two days after that I proceeded to hit at the range, each  day probably hitting 10 balls with it. Day 3 when I took it the driving range on the first shot the shaft broke and the head came off at the end of my back swing. Broke clean level with the hozzel adapter. Took it back and they gave me a replacement shaft ( fukijura ventus 60gr reg flex) until they got me a replacement hazardous smoke. After hitting the club with the new shaft for 3 days,The driver head had worked loose. The screw was loose enough to turn with your fingers easily and the head just flopped around.  I tightened it back up but was so confused how it could come loose after hitting maybe 25 30 balls with it. Fast forward a week later, I  took it out for 18 holes just to have the shaft snap again on hole 12. The screw securing the driver head was not loose when this happened. Clean snap right above the hozzel adapter. I really loved the way this driver feels and sounds but am now loosing confidence that it's made correctly. The shots that the shafts broke on were long and straight. Not off the hozel or toe really hard.  I haven't been hitting the ground or being hard on it in any way. Just using the club like I have my old driver for the last 10 years. Does anyone have any ideas on this? Really wanted to give this club a chance but am really contemplating just getting something else. I know they have a good warranty for issues like this but still not sure that I want to worry about this issue happening again with a different head.

Thanks for any input!

Taylor

Edited by Taylordb

5 hours ago, Taylordb said:

About 2 weeks ago I bought a c721 exotic in 10.5° with a hazardous smoke RDX blue stiff shaft, 60g. I took the club out for 9 holes the day I got it and it felt amazing. The sound, forgiveness , and distance i gained compared to my last driver was considerable.  The next two days after that I proceeded to hit at the range, each  day probably hitting 10 balls with it. Day 3 when I took it the driving range on the first shot the shaft broke and the head came off at the end of my back swing. Broke clean level with the hozzel adapter. Took it back and they gave me a replacement shaft ( fukijura ventus 60gr reg flex) until they got me a replacement hazardous smoke. After hitting the club with the new shaft for 3 days,The driver head had worked loose. The screw was loose enough to turn with your fingers easily and the head just flopped around.  I tightened it back up but was so confused how it could come loose after hitting maybe 25 30 balls with it. Fast forward a week later, I  took it out for 18 holes just to have the shaft snap again on hole 12. The screw securing the driver head was not loose when this happened. Clean snap right above the hozzel adapter. I really loved the way this driver feels and sounds but am now loosing confidence that it's made correctly. The shots that the shafts broke on were long and straight. Not off the hozel or toe really hard.  I haven't been hitting the ground or being hard on it in any way. Just using the club like I have my old driver for the last 10 years. Does anyone have any ideas on this? Really wanted to give this club a chance but am really contemplating just getting something else. I know they have a good warranty for issues like this but still not sure that I want to worry about this issue happening again with a different head.

Thanks for any input!

Taylor

They have a lifetime warranty so maybe ask for a new head. Sounds like the head or hosel has a problem.

Cobra King f9/Fujikura Atmos Red TS 60S
TEE 15* XCG/DVS 70S
Adams Idea Pro 20*/Aldila Blue Bayou 80S
Srixon 565 4-PW / Nippon tour modus 105S
TM TP 52*
TM TP ATV 56*
TM TP ATV 60*
Giannini Legacy 3

On 5/28/2021 at 7:04 PM, rfarrell51 said:

Great review. Do you know if the weight is glued in? 

I don't have this particular driver but all of the Tour Edge Drivers with weights are removable and fastened with a screw.  

Easily changeable to alter swingweight with different playing lengths.

TM SIM 10.5* - Ventus Velocore Blue TR 5S
TEE  XCG7B  3h  19* Ventus Velocore HB Blue 8S  
TEE  XCG7B  4h  22* Ventus Velocore HB Blue 8S
TEE  XCG7B  5h  25* Diamana Thump i465ct 4iron shaft
Wishon 560MC 5-PW (26,30,34,38,42.5,47) Recoil Proto 125 F4
Vokey SM7 50-08F S200 bent to 51*
Wishon HM wedges 56/60 Wishon Smooth steel Stiff
2013-2016 SC Futura X5R 33' flownecked by Bastain-cerakote sniper gray-silver dots-white flange sight line-SS Flatso 2.0

TM TP5x

On 6/11/2021 at 10:16 PM, 27x10.5 said:

Swap the shafts between the two clubs and see what you get. Being on this site you should know that LOL. 

I thought I'd post again since I think I am done playing with the settings.

My results and opinions at the moment.

I have the 10.5 head with the Kujikura Ventus Red 4T Core 50 reg flex shaft. I've used the 10.5 settings with both lies and the 11.5 with both lies. I started out on the 12.5 setting for several holes. My first swing on my first hole I hit my drive farther then I've been on that hole in quite some time. During my round I changed it to the 11.5 U+ setting and my results were even better. A little lower ball flight and a good bit more roll out. 

I'm not a range person.  I tried a setting and played several rounds on each setting I used. On any of the settings the driver performed good but by doing this there was some adjusting on my part looking for a consistent drive. I guess the 11.5 U+ setting set the bar and I tried to get the same results or better with the other settings which I couldn't do.. Overall on any of the settings I used I could play that setting and be happy. But of course with all the settings you have you are looking to get the most out of your drives and finding the right setting. The 11.5 U+ setting gives me the most consistent ball flight and maximizes my role out. I think the most noticeable difference is the roll out.

At one point my buddies jokingly said I needed to move back a set of tees because using the driver wasn't fair to them. LOL... That was said when I was using a setting I knew wasn't even the best fit for me.

So to finish up . The driver is really easy to keep in play, sounds great, and has added distance back into my driving game. I can only expect better everything with this driver now that I'm done messing around with the settings. When I first got it I was impressed with the consistency and distance with this driver. I soon started swinging out of my shoes using this driver and got a little crazy. I keep in my swing now but now that I am use to it I can lean on it and really get it out there when I need to and keep it in the fairway. Who needs to keep their shoes on anyway.

The C721 driver and my C721 fairways have added a power boost to this seniors long game. I always lay up on the par 5's. Forget that! I'm going for the green in two this yr. Playing from the senior tees of course..LOL

• Like 1

Second range session with the c721 9 degree and RDX Blue 6.0 60g. Results were much better. Got used to the shaft and started hitting some nice balls. Didn’t feel as stiff as I probably was loading it better. This is a very nice driver. Ball very much explodes off the face. 

I played a round yesterday. Installed my gamer grip on it. It feels alot better to me now.Locked in on the 11.5 U+ setting. Ten of twelve fairways hit and everyone of those in the fairway were right in the middle of the fairway. Seven of those drives were the longest I've had on those holes this yr. and I was playing in a light rain. Two holes I teed off with my C721 16.5 fairway and they were in the middle of the fairway also. Real winners for me.

On 6/7/2021 at 5:24 PM, Tanner25 said:

I noticed there is more "reverse offset" between the face and hosel of this club.  (Face is slightly more forward of the hosel.)

I play the ball more forward in my stance (maybe 1/2" to 1") to give the face more time to square up.  Works nicely...

Edited by games
  • Like 2