Arccos Rate Hike and Why I'm Returning my Unit

On 7/30/2021 at 8:51 PM, Luv2kruz said:

Plus the cost of hardware, which can run another couple hundred. And all for a solution that needs constant correction. That's the real delusional part. 

No it doesn’t. Sensors are $179 and include one year of Arccos stat tracking. Grips start at $199 and include one year of Arccos stat tracking. Regular grips will run you $100 for a set.

1 hour ago, Frankensteins Monster said:

No it doesn’t. Sensors are $179 and include one year of Arccos stat tracking. Grips start at $199 and include one year of Arccos stat tracking. Regular grips will run you $100 for a set.

Sure it does. This guy is in for over $500 in hardware. Not only do you have to correct it lots for putts and short shots due to the inaccuracies of GPS, many people had issues with missed shots and that's why they needed the LINK. which was another money grab.

Many other apps out there for far cheaper with t the same information. Shot Scope for $200-250 all in with no subscription is just as good if not better. MyRoundPro is free and gives all the same shots gained info.

Edited by Luv2kruz

8 hours ago, Luv2kruz said:

Sure it does. This guy is in for over $500 in hardware. Not only do you have to correct it lots for putts and short shots due to the inaccuracies of GPS, many people had issues with missed shots and that's why they needed the LINK. which was another money grab.

Many other apps out there for far cheaper with t the same information. Shot Scope for $200-250 all in with no subscription is just as good if not better. MyRoundPro is free and gives all the same shots gained info.

Thanks for confirming that Arccos is cheaper than ShotScope. But no, the stats are not the same. I used both. ShotScope has far more manual interaction than Arccos. Arccos' stats are far more comprehensive.

When I used Arccos, the only "issue," which isn't an issue, is adjusting shot locations around the green for more precision. The "issues" you claim are issues are an issue with ANY GPS system.

Plain and simple. Arccos is $179 for one year, including hardware, for the best stat tracking in that industry, period.

9 hours ago, Luv2kruz said:

I find it weird that you're calling the Link a money grab when it was in response to users asking Arccos to make such a device.

When I used Arccos, the only "issue," which isn't an issue, is adjusting shot locations around the green for more precision. The "issues" you claim are issues are an issue with ANY GPS system.

It is true that all of these GPS based shot trackers are basically not automatic near and on the greens. That is very much an “issue”, it is THE issue that renders them all nigh useless unless you are willing to fiddle with a watch or phone literally during every hole you play or remember/write down exact distances for all your shots around and on the green and edit them later. 

Paying upfront plus paying yearly subscription just to get a mostly manual system is asking a lot. 

19 minutes ago, North Butte said:

It is true that all of these GPS based shot trackers are basically not automatic near and on the greens. That is very much an “issue”, it is THE issue that renders them all nigh useless unless you are willing to fiddle with a watch or phone literally during every hole you play or remember/write down exact distances for all your shots around and on the green and edit them later. 

Paying upfront plus paying yearly subscription just to get a mostly manual system is asking a lot. 

It's not even close to a "Mostly" manual system. It can be done during the round or after. But I'm not sure what you're arguing in favor of? A completely manual pencil and paper approach? An app you have to open for every shot? You have to manually and input distance, lie, fairway hit or miss left or right, GIR or not and a missed it left, right, long, short, the club you used.

What are you arguing in favor of?

If someone just wants simple stats, fairways hit, greens hit, total putts, then this isn't the solution for them.

• Like 1

Other than marking the pin location and occasionally referring to my Shot Scope V3 for a distance I don't interact with it at all during the course of a round. How much value any of these shot trackers provide in really identifying something we don't already know about our games is questionable, anyway. The value I see in them is being able to compare clubs. For example, which driver that I have is the longest one or gives me tighter dispersion? Which putter do I make more putts with from what ranges or do I 3-putt less frequently with? Also, I personally get pleasure editing my rounds, reviewing the round and having a record of any exceptional rounds I can always go back and look at because at my age being able to just "remember" them isn't going to happen!

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Frankensteins Monster said:

It's not even close to a "Mostly" manual system. It can be done during the round or after. But I'm not sure what you're arguing in favor of? A completely manual pencil and paper approach? An app you have to open for every shot? You have to manually and input distance, lie, fairway hit or miss left or right, GIR or not and a missed it left, right, long, short, the club you used.

What are you arguing in favor of?

If someone just wants simple stats, fairways hit, greens hit, total putts, then this isn't the solution for them.

I am saying the insight you gain has to be worth what adds up to a lot of effort. The marketing of these systems is based on “automatic tracking” of every shot. Which is not even close to correct. 

So I’m saying if the cost of Arccos plus the time involved is worth it then go for it. But don’t imagine for a minute that by paying for the system you are avoiding the need to manually record lots of the data. 

The videos and ads showing someone just traipsing along with a phone in their pocket then whipping it out after the round to see all sorts of wonderful, detailed stats are very misleading. Although I suspect the vast majority of users do exactly that, in which case most of the stats they get are garbage based on an unedited, fragmentary data.

30 minutes ago, North Butte said:

I am saying the insight you gain has to be worth what adds up to a lot of effort. The marketing of these systems is based on “automatic tracking” of every shot. Which is not even close to correct. 

So I’m saying if the cost of Arccos plus the time involved is worth it then go for it. But don’t imagine for a minute that by paying for the system you are avoiding the need to manually record lots of the data. 

The videos and ads showing someone just traipsing along with a phone in their pocket then whipping it out after the round to see all sorts of wonderful, detailed stats are very misleading. Although I suspect the vast majority of users do exactly that, in which case most of the stats they get are garbage based on an unedited, fragmentary data.

You LITERALLY have to do nothing but start a round before you play and adjust your short game shots, and pin position, when necessary. Can easily be done after a round in under five minutes. If you were near a fairway edge, just review shot to make sure it correctly labeled it as a fairway hit or miss.

There is ABSOLUTELY nothing misleading as far as Arccos goes.

Not trying to get in the middle of something here, but one of you brought my thread in (which was updated today 😉 ) 

I still find Arccos very worth it. The stats are undeniable. Yes I check the app after every hole to verify the on the greens stats, because those are the most commonly missed. But its maybe 3 holes a round I have to adjust. I rarely have to adjust any swings. I also take a minute in my car after my round while my A/C is kicking on to make sure that it correctly labeled the terrain of my shots. Super easy. What I have found more useful than anything else lately though is comparing clubs. I tinker ALOT but I always make sure to play 3-5 rounds with a new piece of equipment so that I can get on course data both visually, physically, and through Arccos. For example. I just switched driver heads, and played two rounds with it. Immediately noticed a little extra carry, and Arccos confirmed that for me. And thats not (kinda) BS launch monitor data, thats on course GPS data that I trust a little bit more because its how I swing when it counts on the course. Its a very underrated way to use the app in my opinion. That being said... over my 30 rounds this year so far, no two rounds back to back have ever had the same 14 clubs in the bag. So I may be my own category lol. But thats why I will keep Arccos. I dont need the Caddie s***, I dont need the GPS rangefinder 98% of the time, but I LOVE the ability to look back through all my club testing and see square to square what each setup was doing for me and where it was weak and where it was strong. I also do enjoy the stats. I like to know what to practice. I dont go to the range to just hit balls, I focus on something different every time; and 90% of my range sessions this year have been dictated by what Arccos says. Do I know that I need to work on approach shots 30-70 yards just by playing? Yes yes I do. Does it make me want to practice more when Arccos has a big ole red number and bar by that stat. Most certainly it does. 

As far as the LINK goes... if you want to listen to music while you play or you are irritated by your phone in your pocket... you have to get it. I have one... I dont ever use it, because neither of those two categories are me. But when I did use it... it worked great. 

I updated my thread today (about to) with a swingweight discussion too. Check it out

• Thanks 1

D - Callaway Paradym TD 10.5 @ N/S w/ Mitsubishi Kai'Li Red 60tx

2H - Ping G430 w/ Accra TZ5 90H M5, FLAT

4H - Ping G430 w/ Aldila Rogue Black 95tx

DI - Ping iCrossover 4iron w/ Tensei CK PRO Orange 90tx

5&6 Edel SMS, 7-PW Edel SMS Pro w/ Accra TZi 105

Wedges - Callaway JAWS RAW 52W @ 51, 56W @ 54, 60X @ 60, 60Z @ 62 w/ Accra iSteel Wedge 120, Z Grind Gamer has a BGT ZNE 130 

Grips - SuperStroke S-Tech Cord (White) 2+2 

Putter - My TaylorMade TP Soto w/ Mitsubishi MMT & SuperStroke Tour 3.0 17 @ 38.5" 

Ball - Bridgestone BXS

SuperStroke TXR1000 Rangefinder, Ping Tour Glove, UnderArmour 

12 minutes ago, Frankensteins Monster said:

You LITERALLY have to do nothing but start a round before you play and adjust your short game shots, and pin position, when necessary. Can easily be done after a round in under five minutes. If you were near a fairway edge, just review shot to make sure it correctly labeled it as a fairway hit or miss.

There is ABSOLUTELY nothing misleading as far as Arccos goes.

My most recent round of golf I took 88 shots. Of those 32 were putts, 14 were other shots within 20-30 yards of the green. So that would have been 32 putt locations, 14 chip/pitch/wedge/bunker locations and 18 pin positions that I have to edit.

Even if I ignored second putts and only bothered to correctly position the first putt on each green that is a total of 50 locations that must be checked and in the vast majority of cases corrected, either during or after a round. 

And yeah, move the odd shot from fairway to rough or vice versa. Or place one in a fairway bunker instead of rough and so forth. Not too many of those usually.

If I have to check and correct somewhere upwards of 50 locations in an 18 hole round where I shot 88 that is not an automatic system, sorry.

You say "just review a shot to make sure it is correctly labeled". That's right. You either "review" it by fiddling with your phone or watch before you walk toward the next shot or you somehow record or remember all those shots so you can "review" them later. That's exactly the manual stuff I'm talking about and it is required every single round with Arccos. 

Except it's not "required" is it? Arccos will gladly stick what it senses as "shots" in some location or another and you can just accept it all and review the stats at the end of the round. Which is what I think the vast majority of Arccos users do. Which means they have something like 50 different wrong pieces of data in their stats every round.

And no, it doesn't all "average out". There's no averaging out treating a 30 foot putt as 4 feet or a 25 yard pitch shot as 40 yards. 

Edited by North Butte
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, North Butte said:

My most recent round of golf I took 88 shots. Of those 32 were putts, 14 were other shots within 20-30 yards of the green. So that would have been 32 putt locations, 14 chip/pitch/wedge/bunker locations and 18 pin positions that I have to edit.

Even if I ignored second putts and only bothered to correctly position the first putt on each green that is a total of 50 locations that must be checked and in the vast majority of cases corrected, either during or after a round. 

And yeah, move the odd shot from fairway to rough or vice versa. Or place one in a fairway bunker instead of rough and so forth. Not too many of those usually.

If I have to check and correct somewhere upwards of 50 locations in an 18 hole round where I shot 88 that is not an automatic system, sorry.

You say "just review a shot to make sure it is correctly labeled". That's right. You either "review" it by fiddling with your phone or watch before you walk toward the next shot or you somehow record or remember all those shots so you can "review" them later. That's exactly the manual stuff I'm talking about and it is required every single round with Arccos. 

Except it's not "required" is it? Arccos will gladly stick what it senses as "shots" in some location or another and you can just accept it all and review the stats at the end of the round. Which is what I think the vast majority of Arccos users do. Which means they have something like 50 different wrong pieces of data in their stats every round. 

You clearly haven't used Arccos because you're way off in your thinking. It takes under five minutes to do any adjusting that might need to be done after a round.

Click flag marker and move it. Click putt marker and move it. Swipe to next hole. Under 20 seconds.

Just now, Frankensteins Monster said:

You clearly haven't used Arccos because you're way off in your thinking. It takes under five minutes to do any adjusting that might need to be done after a round.

Click flag marker and move it. Click putt marker and move it. Swipe to next hole. Under 20 seconds.

I used it for about 40 rounds one summer, then quit (early adopter). Then repurchased it a couple years later and used it another 20-30 rounds before quitting again. Mostly because I hated having my phone in pocket and I hated having the sensors on the grips. 

I know exactly what I'm describing. My phone never came out of my pocket during the round and it typically took anywhere from 10 to 15 minutes after the round to clean everything up. But that was because I insisted on making sure every shot was checked and corrected (although I did not care about position errors of a few yards from outside 75 or so from the green). 

But that requires knowing (from memory in my case, some people would need to write it down) where every pin was located and where every first putt and chip was relative to the pin to a fairly good degree of accuracy (I'd say first putts need to be in the correct 5-foot distance bucket and chips within give or take a couple yards). 

I think you're describing someone who unlocks their phone one or more times on each hole to check and/or correct things and position the flag. And as I keep saying, if you're willing to do that on every hole and be careful about the on and around the green distance you will get very good stats. But that is NOT an automatic system. An automatic system would need to be one you can trust to just about always capture everything correctly even if you leave your phone in your pocket. By your own description you are fiddling with the phone on every hole. That's MANUAL, not automatic. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Luv2kruz said:

The whole Arcoss thing is a money grab and suckers keep signing up for it. Fools and their money are soon parted, or so the saying goes. 

If you use it correctly and you play enough golf, its VERY worth it. Its different for every player though. Definitely not for everyone. 

D - Callaway Paradym TD 10.5 @ N/S w/ Mitsubishi Kai'Li Red 60tx

2H - Ping G430 w/ Accra TZ5 90H M5, FLAT

4H - Ping G430 w/ Aldila Rogue Black 95tx

DI - Ping iCrossover 4iron w/ Tensei CK PRO Orange 90tx

5&6 Edel SMS, 7-PW Edel SMS Pro w/ Accra TZi 105

Wedges - Callaway JAWS RAW 52W @ 51, 56W @ 54, 60X @ 60, 60Z @ 62 w/ Accra iSteel Wedge 120, Z Grind Gamer has a BGT ZNE 130 

Grips - SuperStroke S-Tech Cord (White) 2+2 

Putter - My TaylorMade TP Soto w/ Mitsubishi MMT & SuperStroke Tour 3.0 17 @ 38.5" 

Ball - Bridgestone BXS

SuperStroke TXR1000 Rangefinder, Ping Tour Glove, UnderArmour 

4 hours ago, Frankensteins Monster said:

Thanks for confirming that Arccos is cheaper than ShotScope. But no, the stats are not the same. I used both. ShotScope has far more manual interaction than Arccos. Arccos' stats are far more comprehensive.

Plain and simple. Arccos is $179 for one year, including hardware, for the best stat tracking in that industry, period.

What's the cost of Arccos for 3-4 years of use? Shot Scope has no subscription fees, so after initial purchase, you're done. So keep dreaming that Arccos is cheaper.

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, North Butte said:

I used it for about 40 rounds one summer, then quit (early adopter). Then repurchased it a couple years later and used it another 20-30 rounds before quitting again. Mostly because I hated having my phone in pocket and I hated having the sensors on the grips. 

I know exactly what I'm describing. My phone never came out of my pocket during the round and it typically took anywhere from 10 to 15 minutes after the round to clean everything up. But that was because I insisted on making sure every shot was checked and corrected (although I did not care about position errors of a few yards from outside 75 or so from the green). 

But that requires knowing (from memory in my case, some people would need to write it down) where every pin was located and where every first putt and chip was relative to the pin to a fairly good degree of accuracy (I'd say first putts need to be in the correct 5-foot distance bucket and chips within give or take a couple yards). 

I think you're describing someone who unlocks their phone one or more times on each hole to check and/or correct things and position the flag. And as I keep saying, if you're willing to do that on every hole and be careful about the on and around the green distance you will get very good stats. But that is NOT an automatic system. An automatic system would need to be one you can trust to just about always capture everything correctly even if you leave your phone in your pocket. By your own description you are fiddling with the phone on every hole. That's MANUAL, not automatic. 

PGA Tour's Shot Tracker isn't even automatic. It's a $250,000 system that routinely needs manual intervention. What you're looking for doesn't exist anywhere outside of the military complex.

5 minutes ago, jmorrow020 said:

If you use it correctly and you play enough golf, its VERY worth it. Its different for every player though. Definitely not for everyone. 

I play lots of golf and I've been using MyRoundPro lately (which is free) and it gives me all the stats that I want to know, including strokes gained. Nothing beats that for value. The fact that I have to, god forbid, touch the screen to enter my shot is nothing for me and doesn't distract from my game. Some people seem can't seem to focus on their game and require the 'automation' of Arccos and Shotscope solutions, even though they are not that automated if you make the necessary corrections to get accurate stats. Illogical to me that someone would pay that much for that. 

5 minutes ago, Frankensteins Monster said:

PGA Tour's Shot Tracker isn't even automatic. It's a $250,000 system that routinely needs manual intervention. What you're looking for doesn't exist anywhere outside of the military complex.

You are correct. There is no such thing as a GPS based app that correctly tracks shots during golf. Which is why I said Arccos only makes sense if the resulting insights are worth the considerable expense of sensors and subscription AND the time and effort needed to manually check and/or edit every shot in every round. 

There is no system that you can trust to automatically gather accurate shot by shot data. No matter that Arccos describes their system as just that. 

7 minutes ago, Luv2kruz said:

What's the cost of Arccos for 3-4 years of use? Shot Scope has no subscription fees, so after initial purchase, you're done. So keep dreaming that Arccos is cheaper.

Them goalposts, you like moving them. First it was, "OMG it's $500+ for Arccos." Then it was, "It's way more than ShotScope!" Now its, "Well, if you use it for a number of years, it's more expensive."

It's simple, Arccos is the more advanced system overall. It's superior hardware because you can use a number of devices to automatically record your swings. You're not completely locked into using a watch.

If someone wants superior hardware, you get Arccos. If someone don't want any further fees after the first year, and they have no problems with wearing a much bigger than normal watch while playing golf, they should have no reservations about getting a ShotScope watch and tags.

9 minutes ago, Luv2kruz said:

I play lots of golf and I've been using MyRoundPro lately (which is free) and it gives me all the stats that I want to know, including strokes gained. Nothing beats that for value. The fact that I have to, god forbid, touch the screen to enter my shot is nothing for me and doesn't distract from my game. Some people seem can't seem to focus on their game and require the 'automation' of Arccos and Shotscope solutions, even though they are not that automated if you make the necessary corrections to get accurate stats. Illogical to me that someone would pay that much for that. 

You are so far all over the place with your arguments, I'm not even sure what your argument is at this point. Enjoy your free, cumbersome, slowing down the approach to golf stats. I'm sure the people playing behind you are thrilled with your choice.

2 minutes ago, North Butte said:

You are correct. There is no such thing as a GPS based app that correctly tracks shots during golf. Which is why I said Arccos only makes sense if the resulting insights are worth the considerable expense of sensors and subscription AND the time and effort needed to manually check and/or edit every shot in every round. 

There is no system that you can trust to automatically gather accurate shot by shot data. No matter that Arccos describes their system as just that. 

We will never agree with the time it takes. I had over 300 rounds with it. The amount of time it took me to adjust shots was under five minutes. We are in agreement with the big picture. We all want 100% automatic stat tracking. Unfortunately none of us on here will be PGA Tour players and have others compile the stats for us.

9 minutes ago, Frankensteins Monster said:

We will never agree with the time it takes. I had over 300 rounds with it. The amount of time it took me to adjust shots was under five minutes. We are in agreement with the big picture. We all want 100% automatic stat tracking. Unfortunately none of us on here will be PGA Tour players and have others compile the stats for us.

I can state my requirement simply. Here's how useful Arccos-level game stats are to me.

If I could gather useful and accurate stats without touching my phone during a round and without having to remember pin positions and first-putt distances manually I'd be willing pay whatever Arccos's yearly subscription costs. I think from time to time the insight gained might prove useful.

If I'm going to have to remember my shot locations and distances anyway, I refuse to pay. And there is no amount of information or insight that could possibly justify pulling my phone out of my pocket and messing with it while I'm playing golf. 

I'm glad you find the hassle factor low enough and/or the insights gained valuable enough to justify using Arccos. Not for me and I think if Arccos were up-front about the checking and editing requirements they'd sell a lot less units and this thread of dissatisfied Arccos users would be much shorter!

P.S. If you really never have to spend more than five minutes checking and correcting shots then I suspect your standards for checking and correcting are much more relaxed than mine. 

Edited by North Butte

2 minutes ago, Frankensteins Monster said:

You are so far all over the place with your arguments, I'm not even sure what your argument is at this point. Enjoy your free, cumbersome, slowing down the approach to golf stats. I'm sure the people playing behind you are thrilled with your choice.

How so? I just stated that Arcoss is more expensive than many solutions and, in my opinion, not worth it. Shot scope is cheaper over the life of the product and My RoundPro is really good for free. Each has tradeoffs, like wearing a watch or touching your phone. Take your pick what suits you. The thread is all about why someone is returning the Arccos product and the shortcomings of the system, of which are many.

You too enjoy your expensive, semi automated, approach to golf stats. BTW, my 3.5 hr rounds don't seem to bother anyone. 

1 hour ago, North Butte said:

I can state my requirement simply. Here's how useful Arccos-level game stats are to me.

If I could gather useful and accurate stats without touching my phone during a round and without having to remember pin positions and first-putt distances manually I'd be willing pay whatever Arccos's yearly subscription costs. I think from time to time the insight gained might prove useful.

If I'm going to have to remember my shot locations and distances anyway, I refuse to pay. And there is no amount of information or insight that could possibly justify pulling my phone out of my pocket and messing with it while I'm playing golf. 

I'm glad you find the hassle factor low enough and/or the insights gained valuable enough to justify using Arccos. Not for me and I think if Arccos were up-front about the checking and editing requirements they'd sell a lot less units and this thread of dissatisfied Arccos users would be much shorter!

P.S. If you really never have to spend more than five minutes checking and correcting shots then I suspect your standards for checking and correcting are much more relaxed than mine. 

It really took me under five minutes to correct anything. Only think that made it past five minutes is if it completely missed a shot. That's rare.

That's a really long for nine holes first thing in the morning.

Now I know why you need something like Arccos to 'automatically' track all your shots. Shooting your normal 120+ would be really tiring if you had to enter all those shots manually. Very clear now why you need such a solution. 

Well arccos double counted a putt today and had me shooting 90. Was quite disappointing walking off the 18th green thinking about how I shot +7 over the last 4 holes to once again fail to break 90.  Thankfully I kept a physical scorecard and much to my surprise I ended with 43 - 46 to break 90 for the first time ever. Thanks arccos for robbing me of jubilation 

On 6/3/2021 at 10:26 AM, larson92 said:

1. When I signed up for my "free" year of service (that came with the bundle), I had to agree to be charged $119 to renew at the end of the free year.   more importantly, it shows that Arccos will milk their addicted customers for every penny they think they can get away with.  (The following year, it could be $149.)  For me, $119 is at least two (and possibly three) rounds of golf.

2. The system misses a lot of putts, requiring you to manually enter them.  (This is especially true on short putts.)  I've tried this both with and without the "improved" setting, but the improved setting seems to be concentrated on removing false detects and not on getting lost detects that would have otherwise been missed.  I've also followed the guidance to stand still for at least 1 second before putting to maximize the chances that Arccos will detect the put.  In spite of this, missed putts have been common and have to be added during the round because I've tried afterwards both in the app and through the website (using multiple browsers) and the added putts didn't take.  (So much for not having to carry your phone because you have the Arccos Link.)

3. The only putting data that Arccos seems to use is number of putts and distance to the pin for your first putt.  To get the distance, you have to mark the pin position with the app or by pressing a button on the Link.  (I found pressing the button on the link to be surprisingly awkward since the button press isn't like a real button and there is no feedback.)  The other option is to trust that someone has already marked the pin positon for the day using their app (or Link).

4. Arccos doesn't count strokes (other than putts) unless you are at least 10 yds away from your last shot.  This is great for handling mulligans, but it doesn't work well for duffs or sand shots that leave the ball in the bunker.  You can teach Siri to add a duff for you (when you ask her to) or you can add it in the app, but you can only do this when you are within 10 yds of where the stroke happened.  You cannot do this after the round.  (You might be able to adjust by adding a penalty shot instead after the round, but for certain you cannot teach Siri to add the stroke for you unless you are still at the scene of the crime.  This was confirmed by Arccos tech support.)

5. Penalty shots can be added manually, but if you (for example) lose your ball or hit one in the water, Arccos still shows your shot distance from where you hit your ball from to where you hit your next ball from.  Supposedly, they don't count this yardage in your stats--so this isn't a big deal but it can look kind of funny.

6. I haven't really learned much from Arccos that I didn't already know.  Sure, I need to work on my drives and approach shots, followed by my putting.  And my distance control on full shots is bad.  No surprises there.

7. Despite the promotion to the contrary, you still need to access the app during your round--even when you have the Arccos Link.  Barring that, you at a minimum need to keep score elsewhere and keep track of all of your duffs, penalties, and putts so that you can correct Arccos after the round.

8. I've found myself worried about doing things that might "screw up" Arccos data--for example, putting with a 7-iron because I don't want to go back to my bag and get my putter.  Sure, you can go back in and fix what Arccos calls a chip to a putt, but you have to remember (and take the time) to do it.

9. Since the sensors are activated by UV light and the club being head-down, I worry that using a club on the range for an hour (e.g. working with my 7-iron) will drain the battery in the sensor and shorten the time before I need to purchase more sensors.  (Note that I THINK that every time you purchase a new set of sensors (currently $179), you get a year of service with it.  However, I have not confirmed it.)

CONCLUSION: I think that if you play over 20 rounds/year, you really want help with knowing where to improve, you're okay with paying $119 per year for the service, and you don't mind the extra hassle involved in using Arccos, you will probably really like it.  Seeing your round afterwards is kind of neat, as it allows you to re-live it.  I also think that the virtual caddie function (which you have to play 5 rounds to unlock) could be both helpful and fun to use.

But for now, I will stick with my Garmin S20 watch.

TLDR: Give it a chance, but don't rule it out for others after only 2 rounds.

Up front, my sub just ran out after using it for 2 years. Originally, I did not like the pre-payment of 99.99 down just to use the app and it quickly came out from the credit card. I called them up and they refunded the purchase immediately. I later ended up signing up after the free trial was done.

1. To be honest, I think they did not do it like you claim. As i just mentioned, my sub ran out and it's still 99.99, no prince increase.
  2. This was previously a huge frustration of mine, but it's been solid for the past 6 months or longer. I think it's actually other factors like phone direction in the pocket, phone cases, light availability. Did you also buy the Link ? Their putting algorithm really improved.
  3. I will admit the pin position is a pain. I am part of the Beta sign in program and they've got all put distances now, so this part should be coming soon th ethe commercial release app. I would still like them to add a quick click for the flag to the app (in suggestion for a while)
  4. You can add a penalty stroke for a duff, or fine tune another manual input of the same club right next to it. admittedly, it's annoying for so much manual work, however, it's more to do with the fact of having a bad strike of the ball and not activating the vibration through the sensor. So again, similar to the detection, it's not all down to the APP.
  5. Not understanding your point for this one. Your drop shot will be detected from where you hit it, then you can +1 penalty to your previous shot to indicate OB.
  6. You've only used it for 2 rounds ?
  7. It's much better than before, as i stated, however, i just do it out of habbit to confirm every shot is detected and correct. I know there are many mixed opinions and expectations here for phone in hand.
  8. Those kind of situations are accounted for by the stats and not counted. For that situation you can just +1 to the put and delete the 7 iron. If it's close enough, give yourself a gimmie.
  9. i'm still using sensors 2 years later without any battery issues. 2 or 3 DOA's or a broken one were replaced for free by customer service with free shipping. The sensors aren't activated if you're not communicating via the APP, the power consumption is very low.

Without trying to offend you, i don't really think you've given it a chance, nor do i get the feeling you're really willing to buy into it. There's a good communicaty on facebook for sharing, complaining and asking questions. Arccos actively frequent it as well giving and receiving feedback.

At the end of the day, it's up to you whether you justify the cost. If you don't play regularly, I wouldn't recommend it. I'm also considering now whether I really need it or not. My original intention was mainly to track my distances with a new set of clubs. I do really like knowing the distances i have in for the next shot and being able to view the hole from the tee to make a decision.

I will also admit that the main paying function of the caddie - i don't use it. I always tell myself i want to take "the caddie challenge" and only play what it tells me, but i keep over ruling it so often and hit what i want / feel / think.

TM Mini Brnr 9.5* Attas 6Rockstar 7X

TM Mini Brnr 11* Oban Kiyoshi Red O5 

Callaway Rogue Max 5W Oban Kiyoshi Purple O4

Edel SMS Pro 5-P, One Length (8i) Fujikura TRAVIL 115 X

RC SG-10 wedges 50, 54, 58, 62 One Length (PW) Fujikura TRAVIL 115 X

All sorts of Toulon blade putters.

XXIO premium ball.

• 1 month later...

To those of you that haven’t found value in the Arccos system. I wish you the best in finding something else that meets your needs.

You can squeeze a tube of toothpaste from the bottom or the top and the toothpaste still comes out.  You can put a roll of toilet paper on the holder so that the paper comes off the top or off of the bottom.  The paper is still dispensed.  Couples fight over which is the correct way.

My goal is not to change anyone’s mind on whether Arccos is the answer for their game.

But, It is clearly working for me.

I now have 16,600 shots tracked over 226 rounds.  

It has definitely helped me to identify the areas of my game that needed work.  

The Arccos club usage and smart distance data has guided me to understand that certain clubs in my bag were holding me back.  Despite the fact that I have been fitted for clubs several times and was fitted for every club in my bag.

I have completely revamped my bag in the last year and a half and it has made a world of difference.  My yardage gapping is much better now and my confidence in the clubs I’m using has been boosted.

My practice is now much more targeted and specific to the areas most helpful to my game while also reducing the time required to practice.  I feel like I’m aiming a rifle now instead of using a shotgun approach in regards to practice.

My game has improved so much that I moved back a set of tees a couple months ago because the guys in our Men’s group were griping so much about how often I was kicking their a**.

I’m dedicated to improving my game.  Arccos is helping me.

Best wishes to you all for continued success in golf.

• Thanks 1

Cobra LTDx LS 9 deg. @ -1 with Diamana ZF 60S

Tour Edge C723 13 deg. with Diamana Thump f75 S

Cobra LTDx 15 deg @ +1.5 with Graphite Design Tour AD DI 70 S

Tour Edge E723 21 deg. with Diamana Thump f85 S

Cobra LTDx 24 deg 5 hybrid with Fujikura Fuel 85 S

Corey Paul Cavity Back 5-6 with KBS $-Taper 120 S

Corey Paul Muscle Back 7-PW with KBS $-Taper 120 S

Corey Paul 50, 54 with KBS Tour V Wedge 125g S

Corey Paul 58 with BGT ZNE 130g Stiff

Odyssey O-Works Black #7 with BGT Stability Tour