Seller backing out to sell to someone else.

nickosnickos

3 minutes ago, nickosnickos said:

I’m confused. I didn’t know sending money straight from my bank account would result in an echeck. I have never bought G&s direct from the buyer, so I thought it wouldn’t be an issue. Should I do it by credit/debit card next time to avoid this? I don’t even know what an echeck really is tbh

I rarely keep a PP balance and funds come out of my bank account and it has never defaulted to sending an echeck. Ever.

• Thanks 2

Callaway Rogue ST Max 10.5°/Xcaliber SL 45 a flex,Callaway Rogue ST Max Heavenwood/Xcaliber FW a flex, Maltby KE4 ST-H 3h/Rapid Taper a flex, Maltby KE4 ST-H 4h/Rapid Taper a flex, Maltby KE4 Tour TC 5h/Rapid Taper a flex, Maltby KE4 Tour+ 6-G/Xcaliber Rapid Taper a flex, Maltby Max Milled 54° & 58°/Xcaliber Wedge 85 r flex, Mizuno Bettinardi C06

11 minutes ago, nickosnickos said:

So how do I resolve this? Because the money has already left my account and is just in PayPal limbo as of right now 

Do you have an eBay ID? Could you be in the middle of a return or dispute with eBay or in another forum? There could be a reason why this transaction defaulted to an eCheck...

35 minutes ago, nickosnickos said:

So how do I resolve this? Because the money has already left my account and is just in PayPal limbo as of right now 

Ask them, we are not paypal and the site itself plays no role in the logistics of transactions between members. I personally only use my CC when sending payments via G&S.

I get you are bit sore you lost out, but 9 out of 10 sellers on here would have canceled the sale if the payment was on hold and you then told them they need to ship the item before the money clears. I've sold hundreds of items on here and on ebay and have never once had to ship the item without having the funds available in my account.

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, nickosnickos said:

I’m only saying that because that’s what PayPal was telling me. With my first 3-4 sales on here, I did not get the money until I provided proof of shipping. That is because I am a “new seller and need to establish positive sale _____ whatever” 

I'd like to know the people here who told you that you had to ship before they paid as I will block them. Not guys I would deal with.

Callaway Rogue ST Max 10.5°/Xcaliber SL 45 a flex,Callaway Rogue ST Max Heavenwood/Xcaliber FW a flex, Maltby KE4 ST-H 3h/Rapid Taper a flex, Maltby KE4 ST-H 4h/Rapid Taper a flex, Maltby KE4 Tour TC 5h/Rapid Taper a flex, Maltby KE4 Tour+ 6-G/Xcaliber Rapid Taper a flex, Maltby Max Milled 54° & 58°/Xcaliber Wedge 85 r flex, Mizuno Bettinardi C06

30 minutes ago, Krt22 said:

I am guessing it wasn't any member on here, but instead paypal if we was new to the service

you would be correct in saying that. But I am still confused as to how that would affect me as a buyer because if the money there the money is there. I'm not going to dispute it if I get the item or whatever

7 minutes ago, nickosnickos said:

you would be correct in saying that. But I am still confused as to how that would affect me as a buyer because if the money there the money is there. I'm not going to dispute it if I get the item or whatever

That isn't what happened in this case. As a new seller, paypal put the burden on you to ship prior to releasing the funds to you, that is largely independent of the status of the buyer.

That is totally different than asking a reputable seller to ship prior to an e-check clearing, in that case the money isn't there yet for the seller, so they are under no obligation to ship.

Edited by Krt22

Yes, I totally understand that. It may seem through what he said that I was forcing him to ship, but what I really meant by saying that was, based on personal experience, that is how you receive money. I was definitely not trying to be shady, because I thought the money was already there. Live and learn. Thanks for your help and patience

9 hours ago, KC13 said:

OP, did you pay through a business account using eCheck?  If so, most people wait until the funds clear to ship.  

Moving forward, I would suggest using personal PayPal account connected to personal banking.  

Seller (IMO) is 100% OK to cancel the sale given payment was NOT actually received.  

- KC 

I've shipped items on ebay while waiting for payment to clear.  Luckily everything worked out but I totally get what your saying.  Ebay has policies in place that protect both buyer and seller but as always, people find ways to exploit the system. 

Callaway AI Smoke Paradym 💎💎💎9* - Tour AD VF-7TX

TM SIM ti 15* - Diamana GT 80TX

TM Tour Issue Rescue 11 TP Deep Face Proto 16* - Ventus Black HB 9TX

New Level NLU-01 21* - KBS Hybrid Proto 105X

New Level 623-M 5-PW - MMT 125TX

Miura Tour 54* HB - KBS 610 125 S+, New Level SPN forged M-grind 58* - KBS Tour 130X

Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2

42 minutes ago, phizzy30 said:

I've shipped items on ebay while waiting for payment to clear.  Luckily everything worked out but I totally get what your saying.  Ebay has policies in place that protect both buyer and seller but as always, people find ways to exploit the system. 

I gotcha. And I understand now thanks for your help!

14 hours ago, larryd3 said:

OK, I'm the seller.  He sent me funds that are showing as pending in my PayPal account.  He also stated in a PM that "you have to ship it out first to the address I have on PayPal, then attach the tracking number and then you will get it in a couple days" Then he says, "in order for a paypal business transaction to process you will need to provide shipping proof"   I have been working with PayPal and they said he sent me funds by echeck and if won't clear till 6/21.  I tried to get PayPal to refund or cancel the transaction and they won't do it until the funds release which is 6/21 per them.  So if the funds actually release into my account I will refund him immediately.  I had a bunch of people wanting to purchase the putter and I wasn't going to wait over a week to see if the funds will clear into my account and potentially lose the other sale(s).  I sold it for the exact same amount to the purchaser as what he paid.  Also this person joined the forum the day before so no history with him here.  I got very nervous and as soon as I figured out what was going on with PayPal, I alerted him and cancelled the transaction.  Since I never received any money there was no sale to him.  I've been on here many years with all positive feedback.  I did bring a moderator into the PM thread first thing Saturday morning, this all happened Friday evening, to be sure I was not out of line.  I have not heard about any issues from what I did from the moderator.  Sorry if the buyer is upset but I'm not sending out an expensive putter without money in hand.  And I'm happy to answer any other questions.  

Hey man, just wanted to let you know I tried with a different paypal and bought something from the wrx forum. Money went straight through. Maybe it has something to do with my paypal being a week old, i'm not completely sure. Once again, I want to clarify that this post was not meant to attack you as I specifically refrained from name dropping because I know you have a good reputation for good reason. If you ever put something else up worth buying then I hope you won't refrain from selling to me. I am new to this forum and am definitely not trying to cause any unwanted trouble/drama. I will sort out why my bank is sending money out as echecks and hopefully I wont run into this issue again. 

Thanks

Nick

• Like 1

4 hours ago, nickosnickos said:

I’m confused. I didn’t know sending money straight from my bank account would result in an echeck. I have never bought G&s direct from the buyer, so I thought it wouldn’t be an issue. Should I do it by credit/debit card next time to avoid this? I don’t even know what an echeck really is tbh

If you're paying g&s then use cc. Because seller is paying the ppal fees no matter what method you send (i.e echeck)

8 hours ago, nickosnickos said:

Hey man, just wanted to let you know I tried with a different paypal and bought something from the wrx forum. Money went straight through. Maybe it has something to do with my paypal being a week old, i'm not completely sure. Once again, I want to clarify that this post was not meant to attack you as I specifically refrained from name dropping because I know you have a good reputation for good reason. If you ever put something else up worth buying then I hope you won't refrain from selling to me. I am new to this forum and am definitely not trying to cause any unwanted trouble/drama. I will sort out why my bank is sending money out as echecks and hopefully I wont run into this issue again. 

Thanks

Nick

Thanks for that, I appreciate it.  I didn't take it as an attack but needed to get both sides of the story out so we would both get feedback on what happened.  BTW, I just checked my paypal account and the funds are still showing as pending.  If they happen to clear into my account, I will refund immediately.  I will continue to check on it.  

Edited by larryd3

Ping G400 max
Ping G410 5 wood
Ping G410 7 & 9 woods 

Titleist T350 irons
54* & 58* Sub70 JB Wedges
PXG Operator H w/ BGT stability tour shaft or  SIK FLO C with LAGP shaft

3 hours ago, larryd3 said:

Thanks for that, I appreciate it.  I didn't take it as an attack but needed to get both sides of the story out so we would both get feedback on what happened.  BTW, I just checked my paypal account and the funds are still showing as pending.  If they happen to clear into my account, I will refund immediately.  I will continue to check on it.  

I appreciate that