Bushnell Launch Pro Device with Foresight

22 minutes ago, No_Ugos said:

I think you infected my unit with your story…😂😂😂

I started missing shots so I updated my firmware and now it’s missing more shots. Time to go back to the 1s. 

Lol - sorry to hear that man. Fingers crossed the backdown from there works for you. I took a few videos to prove the environment and everything is fine but it wont detect. Fingers crossed support gives me anything tomorrow.

Bought my GC3 in November and yes, the wi-fi is unstable, but ethernet is solid and overall I'm super happy with the purchase.  It was amazing to be able to hit balls over the winter and the club data regularly confirms subjective feels.

Ball flight question - I have noticed from the start that low strikes are producing a cut spin axis even where path/start direction would suggest that ball should draw slightly.  Photos in this post of an example.  Red mark is strike location (using dry erase marker to dot ball) - terribly low strike, slight toe, 3.4 path to the right, 2.5 start line to the right, ball should be drawing slightly but instead GC3 is measuring a 8.8 cut spin axis.  It only does this on low strikes, so I'm ruling out lie angle.  I've been out to the range a few times and see this with real ball flight as well.  I don't have great data yet in an outside environment, but right now I'm leaning strongly against misreads - I see cut spin on low strikes consistently and I trust the GC3 to spit out accurate data regularly.

Any ideas?

Strike.jpg.7b4a287b5ec29b7c55a822ecdaeea2e2.jpg543016924_Balldata.jpg.e344edaaf349f34724740e7507acc387.jpg

12 hours ago, TommieyB said:

Thank you! I rolled back to 1.1.11.11 and was able to get through a round with auto putt on! 

it missed 5-6 shots over the round but that's 1000% better than before!

** Update **

Tried round 2, missed 80% of the shots. No environmental changes 😕 I made it through 3 holes.

Sorry to hear. That sucks. We had shot issues at one point also. It got better for us when when we:

1) Put a non slip mat under (but you said it was very secure)

2) We put the ball in the bottom right corner where the angle is. We just moved the unit further away from us 

1 hour ago, Frank_Dux said:

Sorry to hear. That sucks. We had shot issues at one point also. It got better for us when when we:

1) Put a non slip mat under (but you said it was very secure)

2) We put the ball in the bottom right corner where the angle is. We just moved the unit further away from us 

1 - can you share what non slip mat worked for you? 

2- That's a good call and not something I've specifically tried- thank you!

Update: Shot a 75 yesterday at 6800 yds and it was eeeeaaasssssyyyyyy. Best round I’ve ever had second time out since the GC3. Couldn’t believe it. 

The 180+ approach shots were the biggest difference. Was 100% on pars on approaches beyond 180 yards. 

And had a 250 yd 3 iron that gave me a tap in birdie on a par 5. All shots I’ve never been able to execute last year. 

• Like 3

7 hours ago, dbennett1131 said:

Bought my GC3 in November and yes, the wi-fi is unstable, but ethernet is solid and overall I'm super happy with the purchase.  It was amazing to be able to hit balls over the winter and the club data regularly confirms subjective feels.

Ball flight question - I have noticed from the start that low strikes are producing a cut spin axis even where path/start direction would suggest that ball should draw slightly.  Photos in this post of an example.  Red mark is strike location (using dry erase marker to dot ball) - terribly low strike, slight toe, 3.4 path to the right, 2.5 start line to the right, ball should be drawing slightly but instead GC3 is measuring a 8.8 cut spin axis.  It only does this on low strikes, so I'm ruling out lie angle.  I've been out to the range a few times and see this with real ball flight as well.  I don't have great data yet in an outside environment, but right now I'm leaning strongly against misreads - I see cut spin on low strikes consistently and I trust the GC3 to spit out accurate data regularly.

Any ideas?

Strike.jpg.7b4a287b5ec29b7c55a822ecdaeea2e2.jpg543016924_Balldata.jpg.e344edaaf349f34724740e7507acc387.jpg

I agree that low struck iron shots tend to go right for me as well and toe side with an iron it will tend to start right.  Not sure on the physics of it.

54 minutes ago, Gstew1930 said:

I’ve been really contemplating buying the GC3. After ready about the last 25 pages I feel a little more hesitant. There’s a couple of good reports but the vast majority have been complaints about a wide variety of issues. For those that have bought it, are you happy with it in-spite of the issues?  

would repeat the purchase without hesitation.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Gstew1930 said:

I’ve been really contemplating buying the GC3. After ready about the last 25 pages I feel a little more hesitant. There’s a couple of good reports but the vast majority have been complaints about a wide variety of issues. For those that have bought it, are you happy with it in-spite of the issues?  

The unit itself is spectacular. Yes, there are some annoyances with the firmware right now but overall the unit is sooooo good. If I knew at the time of purchase what I know now I would not hesitate for a second buying one.

3 hours ago, ChadL said:

The unit itself is spectacular. Yes, there are some annoyances with the firmware right now but overall the unit is sooooo good. If I knew at the time of purchase what I know now I would not hesitate for a second buying one.

This happens with most consumer launch monitors for the first few months, maybe a year.

The R10 and Mevo+ are leagues better now than they were at release.

13 hours ago, Gstew1930 said:

Same as others that responded.  Fantastic purchase.  You’re seeing complaints here from people that have issues and are trying to sort through them.  The vast majority aren’t here commenting still.  I would say more people have had issues with BLP than GC3 and most likely has to do with the software changes due to the subscription model.  

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Gstew1930 said:

Definitely worth it. Like the other poster mentioned, these kinds of threads become self filtering over time as most of the people who are having no issues forget about the thread and stop checking in while anyone having issues becomes more active.

I think the issues are not specific to BLP.  I think the issues with firmware updates not working, inability to use wifi, missed shots, locking up, temp/barometer not accurate, etc. are hardware related and doesn't matter if you have a GC3 or a BLP.  Hopefully Foresight gets this thing dialed in soon.  When it is working smoothly though, I find it more accurate than my old Skytrak. 

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, jcrews5508 said:

Apologies if this has been covered but how difficult is the integration of the Launch pro and GSPRO? Graphics seem to be night and day better on GSPRO. If you go that route where do you find the instructions on how to setup since it requires a work around. FYI I have Gold so I have access. 

Try the Discord. 

3 hours ago, jcrews5508 said:

Try this....turn off club mode and see if the issue keeps happening. I have been having this issue but it goes away in ball mode only. Don't have a fix yet. 

Thank you Jcrews5508!!! Disabling clubhead tracking has totally changed the machine. Yes i do miss some of the data provided by the club head tracking but I would rather be able to use my unit like this than not at all! 

Thanks again!

19 hours ago, Gstew1930 said:

I have a Bushnell Launch Pro, but after working out my issues I would say yes it is worth it.  Yardages were pretty close on Skytrak (except driver, it was inconsistent).  The BLP is very accurate on all clubs.  GC3 of course allows you to skip all the software subscription nonsense.

Even though my issues look to be resolved I still like to check in and keep up with what is going on this thread.

5 hours ago, jcrews5508 said:

Apologies if this has been covered but how difficult is the integration of the Launch pro and GSPRO? Graphics seem to be night and day better on GSPRO. If you go that route where do you find the instructions on how to setup since it requires a work around. FYI I have Gold so I have access. 

It's very simple, I would definitely recommend joining the Discord though.

On 5/6/2022 at 1:11 AM, Gstew1930 said:

I’m about a month in and could not be happier. Great practice tool. Great fun as well. Mine rarely if ever misses a shot connected with USB. 

PING G425 Max 9* @ 7.5* PING Tour 65s
PING G425 Max 3w PING Tour 75s
PING G425 22 PING Tour 85s
PING i210 4-pw DG120 S300
PING Glide 3.0 54s
Taylormade Hi-Toe 3 58
Taylormade Spider Tour S 35"

22 hours ago, TommieyB said:

Thank you Jcrews5508!!! Disabling clubhead tracking has totally changed the machine. Yes i do miss some of the data provided by the club head tracking but I would rather be able to use my unit like this than not at all! 

Thanks again!

Ball flight rules all…good to see outliers with path and AoA so you can make adjustments but ball don’t lie.

17 hours ago, No_Ugos said:

After using the skills challenge, I went to the fsx range and it has been updated. It seems brighter and more vibrant. Reminds me of how fsxplay looks. 

Has anyone else noticed the changes at the fsx range?

Is this in the latest software update?  I see they released an update for both 2020 and Play.  Excited to see some fixes…especially in FSX Play.

• Like 1