2024 CJ Cup Byron Nelson WITB Photos ×

Bushnell Launch Pro Device with Foresight

I HAVE TRIED BOTH 1.8'S THE FIRST ONE CRASHED CONSTANTLY. NEW ONE IS STABLE. ALTHOUGH PARIS RANGE IS DEAD. DOESNT WORK WHEN I CLICK IT. I THINK THERE IS A FIX ON THE SUPPORT PAGE BUT I'D RATHER JUST USE THE SOFTWARE WITHOUT CRASHING. 

AND BTW, THE VIDEO QUALITY IS BETTER, MAYBE EVEN "MUCH" BETTER. I DONT KNOW IF ITS ME OR IT REALLY IS.....

On 7/20/2023 at 9:04 AM, LHGolf4 said:

So to my surprise I updated the software the other day and when I went to practice yesterday I now have a 3D range on my iPad with my basic subscription.  Still no tags but that is an improvement over the basic 2D range.

range.jpg.daaa750da87a7c2557fe32551a4fbbdd.jpg

I just updated as well and noticed this. I also see that Table view is available now so you can at least see your results.    I would gladly trade all of this, though, to be able to export a report that includes ball AND club data (PDF at least, CSV preferred).  It's kind of surprising that the Basic sub gives you club data but there is no easy way to save it.  Maybe this will change in the future.

I updated my unit today. Then about 10 minutes into play the unit just shut down. I had it plugged into the power supply. When I initiated the firmware update I saw that the unit was charging so the power supply is functional. The unit did do a restart after the download and install. It was working fine and then”blink”. I can’t get the unit to power up. It’s still plugged in and nothing. Not sure what’s going on.

I did try moving the power supply to a different outlet and still nothing.

Edited by ChadL

19 hours ago, ChadL said:

I updated my unit today. Then about 10 minutes into play the unit just shut down. I had it plugged into the power supply. When I initiated the firmware update I saw that the unit was charging so the power supply is functional. The unit did do a restart after the download and install. It was working fine and then”blink”. I can’t get the unit to power up. It’s still plugged in and nothing. Not sure what’s going on.

I did try moving the power supply to a different outlet and still nothing.

Call them to start a ticket.

Happened to me before during a firmware update. I had to send it in.

Anyone else have an issue updating firmware? I just got mine back!!

Cobra LTDx 10.5* Tour AD HD 5X, Big Tour 15.5*, Rad Tour 18.5* Even Flow White 6.0

Titleist U500 4 23* Hzdrus Smoke Black 6.0 

Titleist 718 AP2 5-P DG AMT White S300 

Vokey SM7 50/8* F, 54/10* S, SM8 58/10* S, DG S200

Scotty Cameron Squareback No. 1, Vice Pro Plus, Foresight GC3 

I just got a refurbished bushnell launch pro delivered today! But I'm sadly worried that I'm getting incorrect data.

I originally thought I hit my 7 iron 165-170. But the launch monitor is saying i'm hitting it 135-145. I got one to register 150. And these are shots I feel like I'm flushing. It's registering a swing speed of 80mph, launch angle hitting down on it between 2-4 degrees. Swing path 1 degree in to out. So nothing really glaring other than the carry distances.

I've practiced on trackmans before and I've always hit it around that 160-165 number. And on the trackman I was able to get it to 85mph swing speed. And I absolutely going after it on the launch pro was not able to hit that.

And I play a lot of golf, so I'm pretty confident I hit it further. But now I'm doubting myself.

I'm hitting off a fiberbuilt player preferred mat into a net return, but after getting these low numbers I went out to the golf club to the grass range, and same thing. I was hitting drivers and some were without a doubt 240 yards, and the unit said 208 yards carry with 100 mph clubhead speed  =(

Could it be something wrong with my unit? 

Edited by EagleGSU

23 minutes ago, EagleGSU said:

Do you have it set to meters or yards? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Cobra LTDx 10.5* Tour AD HD 5X, Big Tour 15.5*, Rad Tour 18.5* Even Flow White 6.0

20 minutes ago, EagleGSU said:

I just got a refurbished bushnell launch pro delivered today! But I'm sadly worried that I'm getting incorrect data.

I originally thought I hit my 7 iron 165-170. But the launch monitor is saying i'm hitting it 135-145. I got one to register 150. And these are shots I feel like I'm flushing. It's registering a swing speed of 80mph, launch angle hitting down on it between 2-4 degrees. Swing path 1 degree in to out. So nothing really glaring other than the carry distances.

I've practiced on trackmans before and I've always hit it around that 160-165 number. And on the trackman I was able to get it to 85mph swing speed. And I absolutely going after it on the launch pro was not able to hit that.

And I play a lot of golf, so I'm pretty confident I hit it further. But now I'm doubting myself.

I'm hitting off a fiberbuilt player preferred mat into a net return, but after getting these low numbers I went out to the golf club to the grass range, and same thing. I was hitting drivers and some were without a doubt 240 yards, and the unit said 208 yards carry with 100 mph clubhead speed  =(

Do you have club stickers on? And may be dumb but are you using the same balls on LM that you use playing? I also find odd a mat you don’t get that ever so slight grass moisture between the club that will give you a bit more flight. And on a my sometimes you slow down a bit from hitting an non moving mat when you are a “digger”. As for driver indoors you need to get used to indoor swinging, mentally you are slower until you get used to the indoor swing.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, TourSpoon said:

Do you have it set to meters or yards? 

I did think to check that optimistically after hitting it at first. Unfortunately it was set to yards. 😆

31 minutes ago, secfincorp said:

Do you have club stickers on? And may be dumb but are you using the same balls on LM that you use playing? I also find odd a mat you don’t get that ever so slight grass moisture between the club that will give you a bit more flight. And on a my sometimes you slow down a bit from hitting an non moving mat when you are a “digger”. As for driver indoors you need to get used to indoor swinging, mentally you are slower until you get used to the indoor swing.

I was using the same ball I play. And I did put the club stickers on the 7 iron and driver.

And I just went out and hit a bunch more balls with it. Going thru the whole bag. And maybe I actually do just hit it shorter than I thought. I managed to get a couple 7 irons in the 160 realm this time around. I was getting my 8 iron about 140-145. And 9 iron around 130-140. Which is about in line with what I play it as on the course. I might have just been super stiff when I first started hitting and getting those 130s numbers. 

The driver is still a mystery at the range. But they were brand new range balls, but they are yellow titleist balls. And I think I read the yellow balls sometimes might not read correctly?

My wedges did seem to be in line with what I'd get on the course as well. So I guess I just need to get better. lol But it's good to know that maybe I need to rethink my yardages on the course.

I'm gonna hold off for now on blaming the machine I guess. Until i actually can experiment with it some more.

Edited by EagleGSU

1 hour ago, EagleGSU said:

I did think to check that optimistically after hitting it at first. Unfortunately it was set to yards. 😆

I was using the same ball I play. And I did put the club stickers on the 7 iron and driver.

And I just went out and hit a bunch more balls with it. Going thru the whole bag. And maybe I actually do just hit it shorter than I thought. I managed to get a couple 7 irons in the 160 realm this time around. I was getting my 8 iron about 140-145. And 9 iron around 130-140. Which is about in line with what I play it as on the course. I might have just been super stiff when I first started hitting and getting those 130s numbers. 

The driver is still a mystery at the range. But they were brand new range balls, but they are yellow titleist balls. And I think I read the yellow balls sometimes might not read correctly?

My wedges did seem to be in line with what I'd get on the course as well. So I guess I just need to get better. lol But it's good to know that maybe I need to rethink my yardages on the course.

I'm gonna hold off for now on blaming the machine I guess. Until i actually can experiment with it some more.

Take it out on the course.

Double check distances with a laser rangefinder.

That ability is one of the best things about the GC3/LP/Quad

• Like 1

6 hours ago, EagleGSU said:

Inside make sure to use a premium ball. It takes a while to get used to hitting into the net return especially with driver. It took a couple of weeks to get a decent driver swing cranking inside the house inside a small space. For a while I only hit wedges and short irons. 

On an outdoor range, just know the numbers are off because of the range balls. My current club has Titleist AVX range balls that are really close, but they don’t seem to have consistency as a new ProV1x. Take range balls with a grain of salt. If my SS is there and smash is low I will go with SS knowing that distance is reduced due to the ball. 

And some days, I just don’t have it. It happens and with constant feedback I can see my ss can vary a few mph especially with the big dog. 

• Like 1

I’m on 1.13.0.87 and says it’s latest. Device appears to lock on to the ball but the word “ready” never goes away. I can even move the ball and it will stay like that for a bit. Anyone else have a similar issue? Tried restarting several times. Currently have the unit on and will try to kill the battery and see if it resets. 

5 hours ago, EagleGSU said:

I bought a refurbished BLP and have had it a week. I charged it two nights ago fully. And didn't use it at all until today. And when I powered it on it was on 88%. Is this weird? Could I have a bad battery?

Very typical.

The battery indicator has not had much correlation with battery life from the beginning.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, EagleGSU said:

I bought a refurbished BLP and have had it a week. I charged it two nights ago fully. And didn't use it at all until today. And when I powered it on it was on 88%. Is this weird? Could I have a bad battery?

14 hours ago, kiddoc said:

Very typical.

The battery indicator has not had much correlation with battery life from the beginning.

Agreed, nothing crazy here. Make sure to drain it to zero once a month and recharge fully. It should take 7-9 hours to get to zero. 

• Like 1

On 8/10/2023 at 1:39 PM, ChadL said:

I'm not sure what was wrong with my BLP, but Bushnell are sending me a new unit.

I had a similar problem but I don't think mine was related to a service ticket. Just wouldn't turn on one day and was basically kaput. They wanted to have it in to repair or whatever and I was like come on it's under warranty, this thing clearly doesn't work. Please just send me a new one. Luckily the guy at the store I bought it from worked with the Bushnell rep and they kind of expedited things and sent me the replacement.

9 hours ago, MS.71 said:

I had a similar problem but I don't think mine was related to a service ticket. Just wouldn't turn on one day and was basically kaput. They wanted to have it in to repair or whatever and I was like come on it's under warranty, this thing clearly doesn't work. Please just send me a new one. Luckily the guy at the store I bought it from worked with the Bushnell rep and they kind of expedited things and sent me the replacement.

I was a bit surprised they replaced mine.  They didn't even look at it first.  When I contacted them and explained the issue they told me they would send a replacement unit right after they received mine. I've had my unit 2 years this October. I purchased one of the "presale" units. I'm well outside of the warranty period.  I'm certainly thankful and glad they did.

Edited by ChadL

1 minute ago, ChadL said:

I was a bit surprised they replaced mine.  They didn't even look at it first.  When I contacted them and explained the issue they told me they would send a replacement unit right after they received mine. I've had my unit 2 years this October. I purchased one of the "presale" units. I'm well outside of the warranty period.  I'm certainly thankful and glad they did.

Ya that’s great, and definitely the way customer service “should” work

• Like 1

Using Bushnell/GC3, I seem to be unable to view the ball on the screen while on the putting surface in FSX Play. This causes issues with short putts as the view is at the flag and I’m unable to see green contours on shorter putts. Almost like it’s locked in a first player view 

I’ve watched a handful of FSX gameplay videos and I’m noticing when others are putting, their ball is visible on the screen. I’m assuming I’m either missing a setting change somewhere or my room config may be off (although this appears accurate). 

Anyone come across anything like this and/or know the fix?

Edited by ENedo

On 8/22/2023 at 10:36 AM, ENedo said:

Using Bushnell/GC3, I seem to be unable to view the ball on the screen while on the putting surface in FSX Play. This causes issues with short putts as the view is at the flag and I’m unable to see green contours on shorter putts. Almost like it’s locked in a first player view 

I’ve watched a handful of FSX gameplay videos and I’m noticing when others are putting, their ball is visible on the screen. I’m assuming I’m either missing a setting change somewhere or my room config may be off (although this appears accurate). 

Anyone come across anything like this and/or know the fix?

I would go in and reset room config 

20 hours ago, kiddoc said:

I received an email link to the App Store.

You plug in your serial number and it connects.

In the menu now it says Bluetooth on/off

How did you initially connect? My BLP doesn’t show up in the list of Bluetooth devices on my phone and I don’t see anywhere on the app to enter the serial number. Bluetooth is “On” on my BLP.