Bushnell Launch Pro Device with Foresight

7 minutes ago, PantherFritz said:

I sent mine back for a new battery, it was doing the same as yours. They replace the battery, they won’t send you a different unit. Took about a month to get it back. 

The reply I got said they will send me a new unit? 

I'm very sorry to hear your Launch Pro shows zero battery, I would like to get you a replacement. If you could please provide the following:

Your mailing address

Your Launch Pro's serial number - this can be found on the bottom of the device near a QR code, it will be a seven-digit number beginning with 100 or 101

Your order number if it was purchased from our website, or a copy/screenshot of your order receipt if it was purchased elsewhere

I will generate a Fedex label for you to send your device to us. Once we have received your Launch Pro, we will order and ship out your replacement. Please include all of its accessories (excluding club markers if you have been using those), your replacement will be a brand new unit. If you have any other questions, please let me know.

Edited by CBMC

6 minutes ago, CBMC said:

The reply I got said they will send me a new unit? 

I'm very sorry to hear your Launch Pro shows zero battery, I would like to get you a replacement. If you could please provide the following:

Your mailing address

Your Launch Pro's serial number - this can be found on the bottom of the device near a QR code, it will be a seven-digit number beginning with 100 or 101

Your order number if it was purchased from our website, or a copy/screenshot of your order receipt if it was purchased elsewhere

I will generate a Fedex label for you to send your device to us. Once we have received your Launch Pro, we will order and ship out your replacement. Please include all of its accessories (excluding club markers if you have been using those), your replacement will be a brand new unit. If you have any other questions, please let me know.

Wow, wish I would have gotten a new unit. 

G425 LST 9
G425 LST 14.5
TS3 18*
S55 or i210
Glide 3.0 54* 58*
Ping PLD Anser D

Who knows if brand new means refurbished or really brand new. I called back just to ask again about the diagnostic battery mode. He told me they had stopped doing that because they found it didn't work. (He had to ask around because he had never even heard of the battery diagnostic mode.) I am letting my device discharge all the way and then charging it back up and seeing if it goes off of 0%. I really don't want to lose a device for 2 weeks and possibly get one with misreads or other errors. I very rarely get misreads and have never had a letter code error.

Edited by CBMC
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, CBMC said:

Who knows if brand new means refurbished or really brand new. I called back just to ask again about the diagnostic battery mode. He told me they had stopped doing that because they found it didn't work. (He had to ask around because he had never even heard of the battery diagnostic mode.) I am letting my device discharge all the way and then charging it back up and seeing if it goes off of 0%. I really don't want to lose a device for 2 weeks and possibly get one with misreads or other errors. I very rarely get misreads and have never had a letter code error.

Mine holds a charge great, and then shows 0% but never warns of low battery.

Once on 0% it lasts forever it seems.

I am not sending it back, just so I can see “30%” and be without it for a month.

They will find a firmware fix for it 

1 hour ago, kiddoc said:

Mine holds a charge great, and then shows 0% but never warns of low battery.

Once on 0% it lasts forever it seems.

I am not sending it back, just so I can see “30%” and be without it for a month.

They will find a firmware fix for it 

I have had mine on for close to 8 hours waiting for it to die. Have you ran it down until it turns off and then recharge it? That's what I am trying now.

Edited by CBMC

had the BLP since November of last year and love it. Take it to the range all the time. Well last week I finally broke down and bought an enclosure. Love it. However I’m already getting frustrated with the basic package and not seeing any ball flight but the 2D version. Is there no way to get 3D ball flight just for the range with another application?

TIA

21 minutes ago, Crashhays said:

had the BLP since November of last year and love it. Take it to the range all the time. Well last week I finally broke down and bought an enclosure. Love it. However I’m already getting frustrated with the basic package and not seeing any ball flight but the 2D version. Is there no way to get 3D ball flight just for the range with another application?

TIA

Not sure if basic gets you in the door with GSPro.

Congrats on the enclosure.

Its a great addition for some quick work away from the course.

1 hour ago, kiddoc said:

Ha!

I tried that, and it wouldn’t go dead so I gave up trying to drain it:)

I felt that I was trying to create a problem….

Mine went dead after about 10 hours. Plugged it in went to 100 pretty quickly, came back about 2 hours later with it plugged in. Went to zero percent. Then slowly started ticking back up to 100%, 1% every 10 seconds or so. Now at 100. I will take it out and try and use it tomorrow and see if the meter works properly.

Edit: it looks to be doing this every 30 minutes are so. It stays at 100% then 30 minutes later drops to 0% and restarts the 1% per 10 second increase.

Edited by CBMC
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, kiddoc said:

Not sure if basic gets you in the door with GSPro.

Congrats on the enclosure.

Its a great addition for some quick work away from the course.

Thanks. It was something that just fell in my lap and I couldn’t refuse it. 

are you saying I “might” could use GS Pro without having the gold subscription subscription. That would be really nice. I guess I’ll try and research if that’s possible. 

17 hours ago, CBMC said:

Mine went dead after about 10 hours. Plugged it in went to 100 pretty quickly, came back about 2 hours later with it plugged in. Went to zero percent. Then slowly started ticking back up to 100%, 1% every 10 seconds or so. Now at 100. I will take it out and try and use it tomorrow and see if the meter works properly.

Edit: it looks to be doing this every 30 minutes are so. It stays at 100% then 30 minutes later drops to 0% and restarts the 1% per 10 second increase.

That’s nuts!

On 4/21/2023 at 2:19 PM, CBMC said:

I just talked to someone who said I had to send mine back in even though it is reading 0% but lasting okay. Did I get someone who doesn't know what he's talking about? I specifically asked about the diagnostic and he said no that it will eventually fail and it needs to be replaced. I really don't want to send back my unit that I've had no problems with outside of the battery reading and get a refurbished unit that who knows what is wrong with it.

That was different than what mine did. My unit would just drop quickly from 100% then it took 8 plus hours to get to 0%. When it was at 0% it was dead. No issues since the did the diagnostic and reset. 

Cobra LTDx 10.5* Tour AD HD 5X, Big Tour 15.5*, Rad Tour 18.5* Even Flow White 6.0

Titleist U500 4 23* Hzdrus Smoke Black 6.0 

Titleist 718 AP2 5-P DG AMT White S300 

Vokey SM7 50/8* F, 54/10* S, SM8 58/10* S, DG S200

Scotty Cameron Squareback No. 1, Vice Pro Plus, Foresight GC3 

2 hours ago, Seamus_McDuff said:

Are you guys calling Foresight or Bushnell for the battery problem? Could be a difference in response. 

I’m still debating whether or not to call. I’m not even sure who to call since mine is an unlocked Bushnell. 

I called Bushnell. You may be correct about the different approaches to the issues. However, I doubt foresight would be able to help with a launch pro unit.

On 4/24/2023 at 9:36 AM, CBMC said:

I called Bushnell. You may be correct about the different approaches to the issues. However, I doubt foresight would be able to help with a launch pro unit.

So I drained the battery - it took hours, recharged to 100%, used it for 10 minutes and it went to 14% then 5 then zero, and worked in full sim mode for hours.

Did not replug it in, and used it for a solid hour the next day, tonight on 0%

Im not sending it anywhere:)

On 4/27/2023 at 2:02 AM, kiddoc said:

Right. The units work fine, its just a battery display issue which they have the firmware fix on the Foresight side. In a perfect world the Bushnell guy would yell across the office to the Foresight guy and they would share info. With all the remote support, it probably takes months for info sharing. If they were really on the ball, they would be monitoring this thread! 🤣

• Like 2

Cobra LTDx 10.5* Tour AD HD 5X, Big Tour 15.5*, Rad Tour 18.5* Even Flow White 6.0

Titleist U500 4 23* Hzdrus Smoke Black 6.0 

Titleist 718 AP2 5-P DG AMT White S300 

Vokey SM7 50/8* F, 54/10* S, SM8 58/10* S, DG S200

Scotty Cameron Squareback No. 1, Vice Pro Plus, Foresight GC3 

On 4/27/2023 at 2:02 AM, kiddoc said:

So I drained the battery - it took hours, recharged to 100%, used it for 10 minutes and it went to 14% then 5 then zero, and worked in full sim mode for hours.

Did not replug it in, and used it for a solid hour the next day, tonight on 0%

I had to cycle mine 3 times before the battery indicator was correct.

On 4/28/2023 at 8:24 AM, TourSpoon said:

Right. The units work fine, its just a battery display issue which they have the firmware fix on the Foresight side. In a perfect world the Bushnell guy would yell across the office to the Foresight guy and they would share info. With all the remote support, it probably takes months for info sharing. If they were really on the ball, they would be monitoring this thread! 🤣

Foresight wanted my unit back and replaced the battery. Seems like more of an issue than just a software fix. Glad I got a new battery before the warranty expired. 

G425 LST 9
G425 LST 14.5
TS3 18*
S55 or i210
Glide 3.0 54* 58*
Ping PLD Anser D

I’ve been running this flawlessly with an iPad mini since August.  Bought a larger/newer iPad, and cannot get into FSX Pro. 

When I click on “Sunscriotion/Trial”, I get a Enter Password box, then the pictures shown.

-won’t even see each other on common network. 

-connects directly, but password gets “not matching” message as shown

-password works fine on Live website, and with older ipad

-not connected to internet because it’s link directly to Launch Pro

Any suggestions?

IMG_6934.jpeg

IMG_6935.jpeg

2 minutes ago, 968cab said:

I’ve been running this flawlessly with an iPad mini since August.  Bought a larger/newer iPad, and cannot get into FSX Pro. 

When I click on “Sunscriotion/Trial”, I get a Enter Password box, then the pictures shown.

-won’t even see each other on common network. 

-connects directly, but password gets “not matching” message as shown

-password works fine on Live website, and with older ipad

-not connected to internet because it’s link directly to Launch Pro

Any suggestions?

IMG_6934.jpeg

IMG_6935.jpeg

I believe you need to go on FSX live and release the license from the old iPad so it can assigned to the new one.

1 hour ago, 968cab said:

I can’t find anywhere in Live to do that, no reference to the non-BLP device at all. And never had a license with the Basic subscription (that I recall).  Pointers?  

go to fsx live, hit "my account" , then hit the licenses tab. i had to get to a pc to find it. 

this should show all of your licenses. you can then deactivate it for the old ipad. 

I belive you need to be on a pc. 

Edited by secfincorp

Straight from Bushnell Customer Service regarding my previously posted issue:

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

I'm sorry to hear you're running into some issues connecting to FSX Pro. Sometimes when signing into FSX Pro using the 'Subscription/Trial' button and after successfully connecting your Launch Pro, a 'Password Not Matching/Player Creation Event Failed' message is encountered despite entering your correct FSX Live password. When FSX Pro calls out to Foresight's servers to validate the player credentials, an error is encountered which does not allow this process to be properly completed.

To clear this error, restart the app and follow the steps below:

• Connect your iPad to the GC3 wifi network
  • Login using the Subscription/Trial button and connect to the Launch Pro (search for your device screen) in the app
  • When you are prompted to input your account password, you can enter your password but do not submit it just yet
  • Go back into your settings and change the Wifi connection from the GC3 network to your home/data internet
  • Quickly go back into the app and submit your password - the timing here can be tight
  • If there are any disconnects, connect back to the GC3 Wifi network, restart the application, and try these steps again

This can take a few attempts to clear; if the method above is still unsuccessful, as a final troubleshooting attempt try resetting your account password, then repeat the above steps one more time.

After you have successfully logged in, this error will clear and you should not encounter it again. Once logged in you may need to re-connect to the GC3 network, then sign out and back in one last time to ensure everything is connected properly. 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

This fixed my problem, and all is working perfectly with new iPad (except the Zero Battery thing 😏).  Hope it helps somebody in the future.