Bushnell Launch Pro Device with Foresight

On 3/15/2023 at 8:10 PM, JIG1411 said:

Has anyone seen this issue where the FSX play range session does not display the dispersion? Its showing every shot as 0 offline in FSX live. On the screen the true dispersion is shown but when logging in to FSX online to review data shows the below.

image.png.5dc9b391ff4a4602e447ac15bc5861bf.png image.png.c19e1a19f93d09d443d3d96e0c46c6b4.png

Yes. I had this same issue when I first got my GC3 back in November. I havent used FSX Play since...Clearly they havent fixed this bug or probably even intend to with GSPro official integration around the corner...

Use FSX2020, then your online range looks normal

image.png.a4cc0460e178925e3eb499887f9b3859.png

• Thanks 1

I like golf. A lot.

Just saw the promotion to unlock with $2500 (instead of 3500)! Worth doing it? Honestly I’ve bought it for over a year but only used the most basic function so far as the LM, no simulation etc. I didn’t even try the free one year basic subscription (I guess which has expired ???) wish I could try to gold subscription trial before spending so much money.

6 minutes ago, RH2020 said:

Just saw the promotion to unlock with $2500 (instead of 3500)! Worth doing it? Honestly I’ve bought it for over a year but only used the most basic function so far as the LM, no simulation etc. I didn’t even try the free one year basic subscription (I guess which has expired ???) wish I could try to gold subscription trial before spending so much money.

Also, do you think this could keep dropping? Lol I know being a bit greedy here

On 3/20/2023 at 2:46 PM, RH2020 said:

Also, do you think this could keep dropping? Lol I know being a bit greedy here

finally registered blp, everything still working including the 30 days gold trial.

1. compared aoa/club path with garmin, geez not even close: using a 7i, blp gave me 5 degree down and garmin gave 10 up for aoa. i think these 2 probably quite useful for practising, even for amateur. but still hard decision to shell out 2.5 grands, especially given the bundled software (see below)

2. fsx play is unreal. i set the resolution to 800x600 with lowest video quality, it could not even draw the course on my laptop, which is not really a gaming laptop but can run most mainstream games without much issue (not 4k, but at least 1080p). this is ridiculous. also cannot get fsx pro to work on my iPAD pro (bought for a year) altho got it to work on my iphone. problem is it is too cramped/crowded to be really useful. the e6 that came with garmin is so much easier to set up.

4 hours ago, RH2020 said:

finally registered blp, everything still working including the 30 days gold trial.

1. compared aoa/club path with garmin, geez not even close: using a 7i, blp gave me 5 degree down and garmin gave 10 up for aoa. i think these 2 probably quite useful for practising, even for amateur. but still hard decision to shell out 2.5 grands, especially given the bundled software (see below)

2. fsx play is unreal. i set the resolution to 800x600 with lowest video quality, it could not even draw the course on my laptop, which is not really a gaming laptop but can run most mainstream games without much issue (not 4k, but at least 1080p). this is ridiculous. also cannot get fsx pro to work on my iPAD pro (bought for a year) altho got it to work on my iphone. problem is it is too cramped/crowded to be really useful. the e6 that came with garmin is so much easier to set up.

From what I've seen most Sims are based off of unity graphics engine which is not demanding except at 4k 60fps so it's not your laptop's graphics card that is the issue it's either a graphics driver issue or a software/os issue. I'm assuming you've already tried updating your drivers so next would be making sure the Sim is using your built in graphics card and not the cpus graphics. 

8 hours ago, RH2020 said:

For FSX Pro, delete from your phone and only use on your iPad.

14 hours ago, kiddoc said:

For FSX Pro, delete from your phone and only use on your iPad.

Finally got it work on iPad: this is what I did, first connect to blp’s Wi-Fi, open FSX pro, use “trial/sub” option, search and select device; then when it asks for password, quickly switch to home Wi-Fi. Somehow it worked. And finally iPad version is actually usable compared to the iPhone version. 

17 hours ago, jimecherry said:

From what I've seen most Sims are based off of unity graphics engine which is not demanding except at 4k 60fps so it's not your laptop's graphics card that is the issue it's either a graphics driver issue or a software/os issue. I'm assuming you've already tried updating your drivers so next would be making sure the Sim is using your built in graphics card and not the cpus graphics. 

Will try to mess with it again maybe tonight. Really don’t what to spend grands for another laptop right now 🤷🏻‍♂️

16 hours ago, RH2020 said:

Will try to mess with it again maybe tonight. Really don’t what to spend grands for another laptop right now 🤷🏻‍♂️

Also, I wouldnt even attempt to use FSX Play ever again. It may look better, but it is a buggy mess and not worth the hassle. Install and use FSX2020. Its much more polished, can run on a wide range of computers and just flat out easier to use. With your FSX Play license, you should have gotten a FSX2020 one, if I am not mistaken...But I don't know from experience with the BLP. I got a Play and a 2020 license in an email when I got my GC3.

I like golf. A lot.

57 minutes ago, Kingmax said:

I’m trying to decide between the bushnell and the GC3. Is the technology and quality there that you see yourself keeping this unit for 5-10 years? As I’ll probably only use the unit as a launch monitor I’m leaning towards the bushnell with the yearly subscription.

I think so.

They Quad hasn’t changed over the same timeframe.

FSX Play is a free upgrade with BLP Gold subscription 

1 hour ago, Kingmax said:

I’m trying to decide between the bushnell and the GC3. Is the technology and quality there that you see yourself keeping this unit for 5-10 years? As I’ll probably only use the unit as a launch monitor I’m leaning towards the bushnell with the yearly subscription.

My only worry is a change in the subscription structure for the BLP, either an increase in price or locking data behind a higher tier. 

I am only interested in driving range use for launch monitors and currently have a flightscope mevo unlocked.  The only problem is the ipad gets hot during the summer so I am looking for alternatives.  I do not do simulator work so the golf course options are not important to me. 

Do you get basic ball data with the bushnell without a subscription or do you always have to pay at least the basic 250/yr to get the ball data?  

Does the GC3 come 'unlocked' without yearly subscriptions or does it require one as well?

17 minutes ago, ivygynonc said:

I am only interested in driving range use for launch monitors and currently have a flightscope mevo unlocked.  The only problem is the ipad gets hot during the summer so I am looking for alternatives.  I do not do simulator work so the golf course options are not important to me. 

Do you get basic ball data with the bushnell without a subscription or do you always have to pay at least the basic 250/yr to get the ball data?  

Does the GC3 come 'unlocked' without yearly subscriptions or does it require one as well?

I could be wrong here, but I believe you get ball data with either unit without a subscription, you will only be able to see it on the unit itself though, not on the app.

GC3 comes unlocked, but it’s exactly the same as buying the BLP and buying the unlocked package which was on sale last time I looked. I believe that’s the better deal at the moment.

4 minutes ago, Kingmax said:

At $3500 plus 10 years of basic membership I’d still be under a new GC3 with full data. 

I wonder if you sign up for a subscription it locks the price in???

I believe they grandfathered people into the $99/yr basic, so they very well could do that.

But I’d be more worried that they would lock data (spin, club data, etc…) into a higher tiered membership.

1 hour ago, larciel said:

needs to setup a indoor practice booth. J

Just saw that GC3 birdie pkg is now $1000 off at $9k.

Buy that or build it with DIY? 

Saw at reddit that Carls golf place has good screen for $2k.

This screen is quality and on the website you can find a DIY using metal pipes you can get from home depot and clip ties from amazon.  

https://store.gunghogolf.com/Impact-Screen-Material-c116294561

I have purchased items from him before and he is a stand up guy.   

Question on miss (no) read.

1. When my son wiggle the club back and forth a few times, it seems to have like 50% of no read.

2. I am hitting off 3'X5' country club elite mat on top of carpet, will my mat move very so slightly and cause it to lose track of the ball?

3. Using white ball, it seems sometime it read a slightly more worn ball better than a brand new ball?

4. It's infrared camera, will directly sunlight, light or shadow to prevent it from seeing the balls.

Thanks in advance.

Callaway Paradym TD 9, Autoflex 505.

Callaway Paradym TD 15, Autoflex 505X.

TSR2 7 wood, Ventus TR 6S.
Paradym X 5 hybrid, Ventus 7S.

Paradym X 6 hybrid, Ventus 7S.

Paradym AI Smoke HL 8 hybrid, Ventus 8S.
PXG Gen4 0311ST, 8 to GW. Steelfiber Private Reserve 95R.
Artisan 54, 58. KBS TGI 90.

Callaway PM grind 64, KBS Hi-rev.
Odyssey 2 Balls Armlock.  Vessel Player 3 Stand Bag.

1 minute ago, shaolingolfer said:

Question on miss (no) read.

1. When my son wiggle the club back and forth a few times, it seems to have like 50% of no read.

2. I am hitting off 3'X5' country club elite mat on top of carpet, will my mat move very so slightly and cause it to lose track of the ball?

3. Using white ball, it seems sometime it read a slightly more worn ball better than a brand new ball?

4. It's infrared camera, will directly sunlight, light or shadow to prevent it from seeing the balls.

Thanks in advance.

i had similar issues. i tried changing the background behind me in view of the camera, balls, clubs moved the unit to a seperate matt not attached to my hitting area. etc etc. not until i got my hitting mat not to move did it work correctly. you need fix your mat to the ground. if you are on carpet and there is wood under the carpet get some drywall screws and screw down the corners and center of mat. worked for me! i messed around with it forever with tech support and it only was fixed after getting my hitting mat not to move. 

oh btw hit some short easy chip shots and see if you get any misses. i noticed better results with wedges then the longer clubs until i fixed the mat. 

23 hours ago, secfincorp said:

i had similar issues. i tried changing the background behind me in view of the camera, balls, clubs moved the unit to a seperate matt not attached to my hitting area. etc etc. not until i got my hitting mat not to move did it work correctly. you need fix your mat to the ground. if you are on carpet and there is wood under the carpet get some drywall screws and screw down the corners and center of mat. worked for me! i messed around with it forever with tech support and it only was fixed after getting my hitting mat not to move. 

oh btw hit some short easy chip shots and see if you get any misses. i noticed better results with wedges then the longer clubs until i fixed the mat. 

Thank you for the reply.  Before I screw down the mat (wife may not like that idea), I will try to think of another way.

Callaway Paradym TD 9, Autoflex 505.

Callaway Paradym TD 15, Autoflex 505X.

TSR2 7 wood, Ventus TR 6S.
Paradym X 5 hybrid, Ventus 7S.

Paradym X 6 hybrid, Ventus 7S.

Paradym AI Smoke HL 8 hybrid, Ventus 8S.
PXG Gen4 0311ST, 8 to GW. Steelfiber Private Reserve 95R.
Artisan 54, 58. KBS TGI 90.

Callaway PM grind 64, KBS Hi-rev.
Odyssey 2 Balls Armlock.  Vessel Player 3 Stand Bag.

Has anyone had issues with battery life with the BLP? I don’t leave mine plugged in. But it only seems to give me about a hour of life from 100% when I’m using it. There doesn’t seem to be any kind of standby or sleep mode for this product. It’s always searching for a golf ball. Which seems to really drain the batteries. Anyone seen this or have any tips?

5 hours ago, check4spin said:

Has anyone had issues with battery life with the BLP? I don’t leave mine plugged in. But it only seems to give me about a hour of life from 100% when I’m using it. There doesn’t seem to be any kind of standby or sleep mode for this product. It’s always searching for a golf ball. Which seems to really drain the batteries. Anyone seen this or have any tips?

Not me. Make sure it’s updated but if it is, you may have a bad battery. Call them. 

6 hours ago, check4spin said:

Does it actually turn off or does the battery indicator just warn that the battery is low? There's some issue with how the battery monitoring works where you need to fully drain and then recharge on a regular basis. If it's not actually turning off, try letting it run unplugged overnight and then recharge it in the morning. Do this 2-3 times if you've had it for a while.

1 minute ago, whumber said:

Does it actually turn off or does the battery indicator just warn that the battery is low? There's some issue with how the battery monitoring works where you need to fully drain and then recharge on a regular basis. If it's not actually turning off, try letting it run unplugged overnight and then recharge it in the morning. Do this 2-3 times if you've had it for a while.

I’ll try that. Thanks! 

On 3/31/2023 at 2:21 PM, check4spin said:

On 11/23/2022 at 8:46 AM, TourSpoon said:

Since they reset my battery remotely, it’s back to starting at 99-98% reading by the time I get it synced to laptop and discharges at a rate to last about 7-8 hours. Before the reset, the battery read low, but it lasted the same time. I plug it only to charge it and then put it in a case between uses. 

Call up the help line and ask them to do a battery diagnostic. The guy that did mine said that the battery program can get out of sync and they can reset it. They will also advise you to let it go to shut down (0%) and recharge as well. My issue was the display dropped quickly from 100% but the battery actually lasted the full time. 

• Like 1

Cobra LTDx 10.5* Tour AD HD 5X, Big Tour 15.5*, Rad Tour 18.5* Even Flow White 6.0

Titleist U500 4 23* Hzdrus Smoke Black 6.0 

Titleist 718 AP2 5-P DG AMT White S300 

Vokey SM7 50/8* F, 54/10* S, SM8 58/10* S, DG S200

Scotty Cameron Squareback No. 1, Vice Pro Plus, Foresight GC3 

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/3/2023 at 7:46 AM, TourSpoon said:

Call up the help line and ask them to do a battery diagnostic. The guy that did mine said that the battery program can get out of sync and they can reset it. They will also advise you to let it go to shut down (0%) and recharge as well. My issue was the display dropped quickly from 100% but the battery actually lasted the full time. 

I just talked to someone who said I had to send mine back in even though it is reading 0% but lasting okay. Did I get someone who doesn't know what he's talking about? I specifically asked about the diagnostic and he said no that it will eventually fail and it needs to be replaced. I really don't want to send back my unit that I've had no problems with outside of the battery reading and get a refurbished unit that who knows what is wrong with it.

Edited by CBMC