2024 The Memorial Tournament WITB Pics & New Titleist GT woods ×

Bushnell Launch Pro Device with Foresight

Just curious. If for some reason you dropped your BLP and it got damaged and stopped working can you send it in and will they fix it? That's one of the big reasons I don't unlock mine. 5-6 years of use to recoup the investment is a long time for something to mess up on the unit.

If they will fix anything I wonder how much it costs? Like for a new battery or if a camera gets broken?

The risk of breaking it, and the thought of wanting to upgrade to a quad or a future monitor that has yet to release is the biggest thing holding me back.

13 hours ago, TheFatArmadillo said:

I’m surprised that people pay to unlock these things now that the subscription cost has dropped to $500 a year.  Do people plan to keep these for 5+ years?

All depends on resale - if you can be all in unlocked for ~$5,500-$6,000 what can you expect to resell it for in 5 years?

On 10/28/2023 at 9:53 AM, Capricious said:

All depends on resale - if you can be all in unlocked for ~$5,500-$6,000 what can you expect to resell it for in 5 years?

I think it's difficult to say. Best case scenario is probably in the $3-4K range but I wouldn't be at all surprised if progress in camera sensor production makes it possible to produce something equivalent to an eyexo/gchawk at a <$5K price point by that time.

Just catching up, my renewal is at the end of November. I got my BLP in the first pre wave batch when it first came out.

The Gold membership price dropped but there’s no Club Data?! Club Path & Clubhead speed are the two data points I mainly focus on for training. This is unbelievable. 

So now the only option is to pay $1500 & have it unlocked until the next price restructure?

Edited by b_Jammin

51 minutes ago, b_Jammin said:

Just catching up, my renewal is at the end of November. I got my BLP in the first pre wave batch when it first came out.

The Gold membership price dropped but there’s no Ball Data?! Club Path & Clubhead speed are the two data points I mainly focus on for training. This is unbelievable. 

So now the only option is to pay $1500 & have it unlocked until the next price restructure?

Not the case at all.

Go to the Foresight website.

Look under BLP new Gold vs old Gold.

You are grandfathered in if you had Gold this year.

Edited by kiddoc

I had messed up my shoulder, so I wasn’t using my BLP (presale purchase and fully unlocked) for a few weeks. I tried logging into GSPro and the game changer app wasn’t working. It then said GSPro is now integrated with Foresight. 

I remember someone on here saying it would be happening in the future and they were right. 

The first thing I noticed was St. Andrew’s The Old Course is no longer available and was removed from my course list. 

The second thing I noticed was that they removed the calculated face to target and face to path info from GSPro. 

Someone on here said they were the ones that gave GSPro the mathematical formula for that information. Any idea on why they took it away? (Besides foresight demanding it to protect the quad)

I contacted Foresight about the 15 free courses issue. 

If you unlocked the BLP after FSX Play was released, you got Play included. Those that purchased a BLP and unlocked it PRIOR to Play’s release date did not get access to play unless you wanted to spend an additional $500. 

The issue was that those that unlocked it when the option was made available paid the same price as those that unlocked it after play. There was a sale period on the unlock that saved you $500-1000 if I remember correctly. That may be why they didn’t include it with everyone. However, they can see how much you paid for your unlock price and should have given play to those who paid full price. 

Now, with the changing subscription model, they’re giving unlocked customers 15 free play courses. My question to foresight was “what good is 15 free courses if we don’t have access to them and can’t play them?”

If I receive a response, I’ll post it here. 

10 hours ago, No_Ugos said:

I had messed up my shoulder, so I wasn’t using my BLP (presale purchase and fully unlocked) for a few weeks. I tried logging into GSPro and the game changer app wasn’t working. It then said GSPro is now integrated with Foresight. 

I remember someone on here saying it would be happening in the future and they were right. 

The first thing I noticed was St. Andrew’s The Old Course is no longer available and was removed from my course list. 

The second thing I noticed was that they removed the calculated face to target and face to path info from GSPro. 

Someone on here said they were the ones that gave GSPro the mathematical formula for that information. Any idea on why they took it away? (Besides foresight demanding it to protect the quad)

It was part of the GC interface, not actually part of GSPro itself. It was accurate for centered strikes with a neutral lie angle but not necessarily reliable outside of those perfect strikes. There was never any expectation that FS would add it to their own connector.

10 hours ago, No_Ugos said:

I contacted Foresight about the 15 free courses issue. 

If you unlocked the BLP after FSX Play was released, you got Play included. Those that purchased a BLP and unlocked it PRIOR to Play’s release date did not get access to play unless you wanted to spend an additional $500. 

The issue was that those that unlocked it when the option was made available paid the same price as those that unlocked it after play. There was a sale period on the unlock that saved you $500-1000 if I remember correctly. That may be why they didn’t include it with everyone. However, they can see how much you paid for your unlock price and should have given play to those who paid full price. 

Now, with the changing subscription model, they’re giving unlocked customers 15 free play courses. My question to foresight was “what good is 15 free courses if we don’t have access to them and can’t play them?”

If I receive a response, I’ll post it here. 

I wouldn't expect too much, I bought my BLP in the second wave of shipments and unlocked it at full price as soon as my Gold trial expired. At the time the rep straight up told me that Play would be included as part of the Unlock fee when it was released but they just changed their minds on that when Play was actually released later and demanded an additional $500.

Quick update for you that are interested in running GSPro on your Mac.

I tried to run GSPro on my MacBook Pro M2 Pro using Parallels and set the Virtual Machine settings to use 8 Cores and 12GB of RAM (max settings).

It was able to run the driving range no problem but it was a choppy and unplayable experience when you try to play a course. I tried all GSPro video quality (GSPro Lite to High) and it still wasn't playable on courses. Oh well, it was worth a shot 😞 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, whumber said:

Whoa, how did you pull that off?

I stated that I am not able to take advantage of the free courses without Play. As an original buyer and someone who unlocked it at full price, I was excluded from getting Play for free, when others who purchased it later got Play included. 

They responded with an email that included an activation code. The activation code was preloaded in Play when I pulled it up on my PC. 

• Like 3

9 hours ago, No_Ugos said:

I stated that I am not able to take advantage of the free courses without Play. As an original buyer and someone who unlocked it at full price, I was excluded from getting Play for free, when others who purchased it later got Play included. 

They responded with an email that included an activation code. The activation code was preloaded in Play when I pulled it up on my PC. 

Score one for the good guys! 

• Like 1

Cobra LTDx 10.5* Tour AD HD 5X, Big Tour 15.5*, Rad Tour 18.5*, Even Flow White 6.0

Titleist U500 4 23* Hzdrus Smoke Black 6.0 

Titleist 718 AP2 5-P DG AMT White S300 

Vokey SM7 50/8* F, 54/10* S, SM8 58/10* S, DG S200

Odyssey 2 Ball Blade, Vice Pro Plus, Foresight GC3 

The line between Foresight and Bushnell is extremely blurry.

I emailed Bushnell about unlocking my 15 month old BLP after the integration and subscription change was announced. The reply provided a number to call…which landed me at Foresight Sales department. Huh?

While lamenting about the constant changes as a BLP owner, I mentioned that I should have just bought a GC3 from the start; and maybe I would sell the BLP and start over.  Guy immediately offers me $3000 as trade in on GC3. (“We’ll rebuild it and sell it as a refurb”).  I paid $2999 for it.

Long story short, I now have a brand new full feature GC3, a new warranty cycle, and every software package/free course you can think of, and legit integration with GSPro.  Essentially, it was a 15 month trial period.

So yeah, chalk another up.  I’ve been really really impressed with FS service, proactive emails, etc etc.  The simplicity, ease of use/management is how owning one of these *should* be!

Edited by 968cab
  • Like 1

On 11/3/2023 at 11:20 AM, 968cab said:

The line between Foresight and Bushnell is extremely blurry.

I emailed Bushnell about unlocking my 15 month old BLP after the integration and subscription change was announced. The reply provided a number to call…which landed me at Foresight Sales department. Huh?

While lamenting about the constant changes as a BLP owner, I mentioned that I should have just bought a GC3 from the start; and maybe I would sell the BLP and start over.  Guy immediately offers me $3000 as trade in on GC3. (“We’ll rebuild it and sell it as a refurb”).  I paid $2999 for it.

Long story short, I now have a brand new full feature GC3, a new warranty cycle, and every software package/free course you can think of, and legit integration with GSPro.  Essentially, it was a 15 month trial period.

So yeah, chalk another up.  I’ve been really really impressed with FS service, proactive emails, etc etc.  The simplicity, ease of use/management is how owning one of these *should* be!

I wonder what they meant by “we will rebuild it”…..

Since I moved and just using GC3 green grass (living on the course now). I decided to update my software just to see what was new. So I get on the course section and see I have a bunch of new courses including one I worked at 30 years ago when I was in college. I am not really into the SIM as I really love the practice of FSX Pro the best. 

Cobra LTDx 10.5* Tour AD HD 5X, Big Tour 15.5*, Rad Tour 18.5*, Even Flow White 6.0

Titleist U500 4 23* Hzdrus Smoke Black 6.0 

Titleist 718 AP2 5-P DG AMT White S300 

Vokey SM7 50/8* F, 54/10* S, SM8 58/10* S, DG S200

Odyssey 2 Ball Blade, Vice Pro Plus, Foresight GC3 

Anyone have a link to how I can:

1. set up the BLP to an ipad or macbook? (before i go down the rabbit hole, would be a great time saver!)
  2. Or, download all shots from a range session?

I'm just looking to get data on ball and club data, never will use the course/simulation stuff.

I havent gotten stock yardages in a while since making some swing changes, and last time was at a club champion, over a year ago.

22 hours ago, NayNay said:

Anyone have a link to how I can:

1. set up the BLP to an ipad or macbook? (before i go down the rabbit hole, would be a great time saver!)
  2. Or, download all shots from a range session?

I'm just looking to get data on ball and club data, never will use the course/simulation stuff.

I havent gotten stock yardages in a while since making some swing changes, and last time was at a club champion, over a year ago.

For the iPad you'll need to download FSX Pro, you'll be able to upload all of that to your profile and look at the data online or look at the range sessions and even generate reports. Pretty straight forward once you download the app and pair it with your BLP.

QI10 9 ventus TR blue 6x

QI10 tour 3 15 ventus TR blue 7x

Stealth plus 19 kaili blue 80tx

P770/MC tour issue x100

MG3 50 tour issue s400

MG3 56TW tour issue s400

MG3 60TW tour issue s400

Taylormade MYTP Soto

Prov1x

Vessel VLS lux

2 hours ago, jhsph07 said:

Do you need a Gold subscription to just use the FSX Pro's range on Ipad? I am seriously contemplating the idea of getting one, just for training, not interested in playing sim games. Thanks!

From Bushnell: Note: If you do not opt for a Gold Subscription, Launch Pro will not connect to software but will continue to display data via the screen on yoru device.

15 hours ago, armesjr said:

I currently have the existing basic subscription which is set to renew in a couple of days.  What happens if I let this lapse? Do I just loose access to the app? Do I loose access to any data? It's all very unclear. 

If you have no subscription, you will only be able to see data on the screen of the Launch Pro.  

People with Basic are grandfathered in, so you can renew it I am pretty sure. Otherwise, if you let it lapse, you will need to get Gold level.

21 hours ago, jhsph07 said:

Do you need a Gold subscription to just use the FSX Pro's range on Ipad? I am seriously contemplating the idea of getting one, just for training, not interested in playing sim games. Thanks!

This is all i want. i'm finally moving out of the city to the suburbs and will be practicing indoors, plan to buy the BLP on Black Friday and have no interest in simulator golf. I just want a range with my club path, aoa and spin.  Sounds like this is not an option.  Is the accuracy i'd lose with the MLM2 worth the money i'd save? or anyone have any other indoor suggestions?!

Edited by eedub

WITB

Sim2 - Ventus TR Blue 6x

Sim 3 Wood - PX Smoke 6.5 

Mavrik Pro 3 hybrid - Ventus Blue HB 8x

ZX 4 Utility - aerofiber 110x

P770 - Modus 120x

Milled Grind, High Toe - S400

38" Counterbalanced Phantom X9