2024 Wells Fargo Championship WITB Photos ×

Bushnell Launch Pro Device with Foresight

12 minutes ago, ZonaHooker said:

Shoot. Totally screwed up on math haha I thought it was 20% off. Welp, just bought it

@ucmike11 How do you like it? And I believe you're on the gold subscription?

You made the right choice, the Bushnell is very impressive for data. I use it as both a practice tool and in sim golf, so I do have the subscription for gold.

It has yet to have any issues, and it's so easy to setup and use

• Like 1

Add me to the confused group - 

I have the original unit purchased on the day of release in 2021. At the time I went with the Basic plan instead of Silver or Gold. 
It gave me what I needed, use it outdoor range only, no simulation. 
I did not renew the subscription in 2022 and it currently has no subscription plan. 
the last time I used it on the range, I got the ball data and I think some of the club data - club speed, smash. I also noticed some padlock icons on some of the data points, can’t remember which ones. 
I’m now looking to sell the unit and I’m having a hard time answering some basic questions, like “what data points does this unit display” 

I spoke to a Bushnell rep today who didn’t seem too sure of himself that I should still be getting all ball and club data even without a subscription. Only on the unit screen though, if I want to use the software or simulation I would need to purchase the Gold plan for $499. 
Anyone with a similar issue? What data should I be getting on the unit screen with no subscription?

TM 2017 M2 - Oban Kyoshi tour limited 04 60
King Cobra F7 3 wood Hzrdus Red 6.5 65
King Cobra F7 2 hybrid GD 95 X
Honma TW737VS 5 -PW Modus 120X SS1
Sm6 50 F - Miura 56 K - Miura 59 C - KBS 610 125 S+
TP5

1 hour ago, Heymoose said:

Add me to the confused group - 

I have the original unit purchased on the day of release in 2021. At the time I went with the Basic plan instead of Silver or Gold. 
It gave me what I needed, use it outdoor range only, no simulation. 
I did not renew the subscription in 2022 and it currently has no subscription plan. 
the last time I used it on the range, I got the ball data and I think some of the club data - club speed, smash. I also noticed some padlock icons on some of the data points, can’t remember which ones. 
I’m now looking to sell the unit and I’m having a hard time answering some basic questions, like “what data points does this unit display” 

I spoke to a Bushnell rep today who didn’t seem too sure of himself that I should still be getting all ball and club data even without a subscription. Only on the unit screen though, if I want to use the software or simulation I would need to purchase the Gold plan for $499. 
Anyone with a similar issue? What data should I be getting on the unit screen with no subscription?

Ball only 

4 hours ago, kiddoc said:

You get ball and club without a subscription only if you are unlocked 

This is not accurate.

You can see the club data on the screen without a subscription.  If you’re seeing locks on the screen, call Bushnell as they were having some sort of issue over the past few weeks.

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, TheFatArmadillo said:

This is not accurate.

You can see the club data on the screen without a subscription.  If you’re seeing locks on the screen, call Bushnell as they were having some sort of issue over the past few weeks.

This is what I thought. When I purchased I could use the unit without a subscription and see everything. Now I see locks

I did search this thread first, and didn't come up with a ton of info.  Is anyone running the FSX software on systems below their stated system requirements?  I'm not enthused about spending a ton on a computer that would only ever be used to run FSX software.  Buying or building anything with an RTX 3060 or better GPU looks pricey.

7 hours ago, jmormando84 said:

I'm looking at potentially selling my BLP. What would you consider a fair asking price for a barely used fully unlocked BLP?

Fully unlocked, so you spent about $7,500 on it. Then you take into account that it’s used, I’d ask for whatever a refurb GC3 is going for from foresight or a bit under since it’s the same thing. (Minus the transfer fee of course, unless you want to sell your email for the log in credentials)

Don’t sell it for $2,700. That’s stupid. 

You have a unicorn and can charge a premium compared to those with subscriptions. The buyer would get the fully unlocked BLP (which is the only way to get one now) and never have to pay anything else, no subscriptions, free and clear. 

Wanted to chime back in - went to use mine today and of course path/AOA/etc. is locked because they only gave me a 2-week trial of the gold (which is just a hotfix until whatever is going is *actually* fixed). 

Bushnell's handling of this is horrifically bad, and unfortunately the customers suffer. Whether its confusion surrounding the subscription, or the different models available - Bushnell could not be less clear about what is going on.

I very well may list mine on the BST since I shouldn't have to constantly call customer service to get the device that I spent thousands on working correctly. Just maddening at this point. 

Hey all, 

Sorry for the basic questions...

I just got the $3500 version which comes with the gold trial. I set it up in my garage and while it finds the ball, it doesn't register the strike when I hit it. Is there a common fix for this?

Also, if I am reading this right, Gold will give you angle of attack and flight to path on the unit itself, but not on the FSX pro app? I have the app on my Ipad and those features are locked out. I believe you have to pay a $1500 fee to get those for the app. Since I haven't been able to register a shot on the actual monitor, I don't know if A/A and F2P will show up on there. I'm not doing sim golf, simply using it to improve my shallow A/A and 7 degree in to out path. My pro has me working on some fixes, So, I really need that data.

Thanks.

Edited by Woodridge

Ping G430 HL 10.5*

Wilson Staff Dyna Power 5 wood
Ping 410 7 wood
XXIO 10 5 Hybrid, Tour Exotics 6 Hybrid
Wilson Staff DynaPower forged 7-GW

Wilson Staff 56*

Wilson Staff 60*

Bettinardi BB0 TRI DASS Skull and Bones 2023 33" 

Like Edberg's forehand, my swing is held together with a paperclip and a rubber band.

1 hour ago, Woodridge said:

Hey all, 

I just got the $3500 version which comes with the gold trial. I set it up in my garage and while it finds the ball, it doesn't register the strike when I hit it. Is there a common fix for this?

Also, if I am reading this right, Gold will give you angle of attack and flight to path on the unit itself, but not on the FSX pro app? I have the app on my Ipad and those features are locked out. I believe you have to pay a $1500 fee to get those for the app. Since I haven't been able to register a shot on the actual monitor, I don't know if A/A and F2P will show up on there. I'm not doing sim golf, simply using it to improve my shallow A/A and 7 degree in to out path. My pro has me working on some fixes, So, I really need that data.

Thanks.

That all should be included on your unit for the $3500 price. 

I'm not sure what they’re doing over there but I’m sure glad I unlocked mine a long time ago. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Woodridge said:

Hey all, 

Thanks.

There is no addition fee for the APP.

If the unit is not displaying any data but seeing the ball, there is a long list of potential setup (physical) issues.

Make sure the BLP is level with the ball

Also, I bet your hitting mat is moving on impact causing the “no read”.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, HulaGolfMom said:

So you pay $3500 for ball and club data, but can only get readout on the small display on the unit? Cannot display on an iPad without paying for a subscription?

The BLP is the subscription based model. If you don’t like paying yearly subscriptions, (who does) you can buy the GC3 for a higher price and have it all included. 

Some of us were able to unlock our devices for a flat fee, but that option isn’t available for new customers anymore. 

I would suggest buying a GC3 or a second hand BLP that has already been unlocked. Perhaps see if you could buy the one possibly being sold by jmormando84 if he’s looking to sell. 

Don’t forget about the license transfer fee ($500)

• Like 1

On 12/7/2023 at 10:18 AM, FAbb said:

I did search this thread first, and didn't come up with a ton of info.  Is anyone running the FSX software on systems below their stated system requirements?  I'm not enthused about spending a ton on a computer that would only ever be used to run FSX software.  Buying or building anything with an RTX 3060 or better GPU looks pricey.

Sort of depends on which software you are referring to.

I dont run FSX Play anymore (got GSPro when it went official), but I was using FSX Play for a bit and it ran fine for me with an older i7 and a GTX 1080. This was outputting to a 1080p TV with low to mid graphic settings.

It ran FSX2020 fine. A potato can run FSX2020.

FSX Play is far more demanding than FSX2020. If you want to run FSX Play in 4k with the highest graphic settings, you probably should look into a modern gaming build.

Edited by TomBomb51

I like golf. A lot.

17 minutes ago, TomBomb51 said:

Sort of depends on which software you are referring to.

I dont run FSX Play anymore (got GSPro when it went official), but I was using FSX Play for a bit and it ran fine for me with an older i7 and a GTX 1080. This was outputting to a 1080p TV with low to mid graphic settings.

It ran FSX2020 fine. A potato can run FSX2020.

FSX Play is far more demanding than FSX2020. If you want to run FSX Play in 4k with the highest graphic settings, you probably should look into a modern gaming build.

I think Ideally I'd like to at least be capable of running FSX Play.  I don't care about high graphics output.  I don't have, or intend to set up a full simulator build.  I hit into a Net Return on a setup that I have to semi tear down between uses.  I'd most likely be looking at a laptop for convenience.  I'll do some research on what laptop GPUs are similar to the GTX 1080 as a starting point.

15 minutes ago, FAbb said:

I think Ideally I'd like to at least be capable of running FSX Play.  I don't care about high graphics output.  I don't have, or intend to set up a full simulator build.  I hit into a Net Return on a setup that I have to semi tear down between uses.  I'd most likely be looking at a laptop for convenience.  I'll do some research on what laptop GPUs are similar to the GTX 1080 as a starting point.

Your setup is very similar to mine. Mine is in my garage where we park a car, so I hit into a net that is up against a wall and a mat + gym flooring that I push a few feet to the side to still allow for room for my wife's car. I have PC out there, but its on a shelf off to the side and the TV is just mounted on the wall. A laptop with at least a 2080 should be good. Laptop GPUs obviously are a little weaker than their desktop equivalents.

Edited by TomBomb51
  • Thanks 1

I like golf. A lot.

On 12/9/2023 at 4:53 PM, Woodridge said:

Hey all, 

Thanks.

I addressed this in several earlier posts here. AOA/F2P/Swing path are NOT locked behind the gold subscription intentionally. It is a known bug that the Foresight engineering team is currently working on and it is expected to be fixed the first week in January. Their handling and communication surrounding such has been horrible, but their "hotfix" has been giving customers a gold trial in the interim.

I have many issues, but why they couldn't have proactively done this for everyone is mind boggling. 

Seems like the better route would be the GC3 give the issues with the subscriptions and bushnell's support. 

• Like 2

QI10 9 ventus TR blue 6x

QI10 tour 3 15 ventus TR blue 7x

Stealth plus 19 kaili blue 80tx

P770/MC tour issue x100

MG3 50 tour issue s400

MG3 56TW tour issue s400

MG3 60TW tour issue s400

Taylormade MYTP Soto

Prov1x

Vessel VLS lux