2024 Wells Fargo Championship WITB Photos ×

Bushnell Launch Pro Device with Foresight

Are there any GSPro and GC3/BLP/Quad users that have noticed a difference between distance reported in GSPro and on the launch monitor screen?  The difference really only becomes meaningful with driver where, for example, I will see 255 yards (raw) reported in GSPro and then 265 yards on my GC Quad screen.  All other data is identical.  For irons and wedges the discrepancy becomes less meaningful - 7 iron today I would see 178 (raw) in GS Pro and 175 on the Quad screen.  To confirm, this is the flat driving range numbers and I’m looking at the GS Pro “raw” numbers, not on course where a difference between in-game carry and the launch monitor numbers could be explained by uphill tee shots, etc.

20 minutes ago, DBreslin417 said:

Are there any GSPro and GC3/BLP/Quad users that have noticed a difference between distance reported in GSPro and on the launch monitor screen?  The difference really only becomes meaningful with driver where, for example, I will see 255 yards (raw) reported in GSPro and then 265 yards on my GC Quad screen.  All other data is identical.  For irons and wedges the discrepancy becomes less meaningful - 7 iron today I would see 178 (raw) in GS Pro and 175 on the Quad screen.  To confirm, this is the flat driving range numbers and I’m looking at the GS Pro “raw” numbers, not on course where a difference between in-game carry and the launch monitor numbers could be explained by uphill tee shots, etc.

Yeah i've had some about 10 yards less in GSPro over the BLP.

26 minutes ago, DBreslin417 said:

As mentioned above, yes have seen this since I started using GSPro over the last year.  There is an option when you connect to use launch monitor numbers, but when I choose it is like the interface doesn’t work.

5 hours ago, tjhanch said:

finally gonna break down and get a laptop. I’ve found the two below, but also as I’ve previously mentioned know nothing about PCs. Is the 4070 graphics card good enough for 4K?  Any post see any other issues with the below?

ASUS TUF

Costco

Thanks in advance. 

Costco one should be good to go 

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, DBreslin417 said:

Foresight LMs have a built in low spin boost. GSPRO doesn't have that.

On 2/26/2024 at 12:50 PM, eedub said:

someone said this on a reddit thread and it made a lot of sense:

"TM takes club measurements at full ball compression, while Foresight does it at initial ball contact, so on Foresight clubspeed will be slightly higher and path/AoA slightly less neutral (with irons, more neutral with driver) than TM"

This is not correct. The TM and the BLP/GC3 get the same speed numbers. I’ve used them at the same time at a local TM practice facility. 

the GC Quad has faster swing speed numbers because the stickers on the toe read faster than stickers in the middle. The Quad uses stickers on the toe (3) and one on the heal. The quad picks up the tow stickers and uses that for the speed. 

The BLP/GC3 have the sticker in the middle (the true speed) and it matches up dead on with TM. 

• Like 2

I have been experiencing a ton of connectivity issues on GS pro. 

my launch monitor is 10 feet from my router. Unit keeps losing (and even forgetting network) without me doing anything. Often times even mid round. 

more often than not, USB won’t even connect. My PC says it no longer recognizes this device. (Works about 50/50) and yes it’s the oem supplied cable. 

anybody else experiencing issues lately? Really only started less than a month ago. Have had my unit since first launch. 

10 hours ago, YoungJedi said:

I have been experiencing a ton of connectivity issues on GS pro. 

my launch monitor is 10 feet from my router. Unit keeps losing (and even forgetting network) without me doing anything. Often times even mid round. 

more often than not, USB won’t even connect. My PC says it no longer recognizes this device. (Works about 50/50) and yes it’s the oem supplied cable. 

anybody else experiencing issues lately? Really only started less than a month ago. Have had my unit since first launch. 

Ive had a few disconnects on GSPro but nothing too crazy. I connected the BLP to my computer with an ethernet cable which seems to be the best option.

3 hours ago, CSagan said:

Ive had a few disconnects on GSPro but nothing too crazy. I connected the BLP to my computer with an ethernet cable which seems to be the best option.

Is your computer plugged into your router via Ethernet or wifi? 

their online support made it sound like I’d need to buy an Ethernet Switch to hook it up via LAN. But I figured I’d try the Ethernet first. Just need to find a 10 foot cable 

9 minutes ago, YoungJedi said:

Is your computer plugged into your router via Ethernet or wifi? 

their online support made it sound like I’d need to buy an Ethernet Switch to hook it up via LAN. But I figured I’d try the Ethernet first. Just need to find a 10 foot cable 

No my computer is on wifi. Works fine connected just Ethernet between the two. 

• Like 1

On 3/3/2024 at 3:29 PM, kiddoc said:

I use a boog camera backpack.

Works great

Lots of protection and  other pockets for iPad, prosendr, force pedals etc

12 hours ago, CSagan said:

Thank you - will look into some camera bags 

• Like 1

Anybody know if the foresight strap for the quad fits the GC3\BLP or anything like that for it. 

QI10 9 ventus TR blue 6x

QI10 tour 3 15 ventus TR blue 7x

Stealth plus 19 kaili blue 80tx

P770/MC tour issue x100

MG3 50 tour issue s400

MG3 56TW tour issue s400

MG3 60TW tour issue s400

Taylormade MYTP Soto

Prov1x

Vessel VLS lux

Sorry if this is a repeate but I have had my BLP for year now and the last couple months the spin has been reading super low like 1k on driver and 3-4k on 7 iron. When I take a lesson or do a fitting my spin is normal to slightly on the high side. I tried to call Bushnell but no one answers and the email support just spits a generic response. 

Just got my BLP and gaming laptop setup. My plan is to go from laptop to mounted TV in garage, but it appears all configuration is for a projector. I can still the stuff on the screen but it is SUPER zoomed in. How can I configure it for a TV over a projector? Played around with it for an hour so and no luck. 

17 hours ago, youngunz5840 said:

Sorry if this is a repeate but I have had my BLP for year now and the last couple months the spin has been reading super low like 1k on driver and 3-4k on 7 iron. When I take a lesson or do a fitting my spin is normal to slightly on the high side. I tried to call Bushnell but no one answers and the email support just spits a generic response. 

Make sure your firmware is up to date

13 hours ago, Hack100 said:

Just got my BLP and gaming laptop setup. My plan is to go from laptop to mounted TV in garage, but it appears all configuration is for a projector. I can still the stuff on the screen but it is SUPER zoomed in. How can I configure it for a TV over a projector? Played around with it for an hour so and no luck. 

Can't you just extend the laptop display in Windows to the TV?  And adjust the resolution in Windows?

Edited by dwboston

Titleist TSR2 11*, Oban Devotion 65 S

Titleist TSR2 16.5*, GD Tour AD BB 7S

Titleist TSR2 21*, Fujikura Speeder Pro TS 84

Titleist TS2 25*, GD Tour AD HY 95S
Titleist T100S, 6-GW, Recoil 110 F4

Miura 52.06, 56.10, 60.09, Recoil Proto 125 F4

Ping PLD Custom Anser 4, 34"/355g

13 hours ago, Hack100 said:

Try these

If you are not using a projector and a hitting screen (i.e. you are hitting into a net) you can use these default parameters:

• Image Height: 16ft
  • Image Width: 9ft
  • DZ: 11ft
  • DX: 1.5ft
  • DY: 0
  • Azimuth: 0

On 2/26/2024 at 7:51 PM, DBreslin417 said:

Are there any GSPro and GC3/BLP/Quad users that have noticed a difference between distance reported in GSPro and on the launch monitor screen?  The difference really only becomes meaningful with driver where, for example, I will see 255 yards (raw) reported in GSPro and then 265 yards on my GC Quad screen.  All other data is identical.  For irons and wedges the discrepancy becomes less meaningful - 7 iron today I would see 178 (raw) in GS Pro and 175 on the Quad screen.  To confirm, this is the flat driving range numbers and I’m looking at the GS Pro “raw” numbers, not on course where a difference between in-game carry and the launch monitor numbers could be explained by uphill tee shots, etc

Edited by JimmyC59

39 minutes ago, kiddoc said:

Are numbers low when you use it inside or outside?

I only use it indoors. I just went to local range/store with outdoor toptracer and my numbers seemed more on what I normally see. When ballspeeds are low I dont get as considered as I know I get that indoor  thing because I am tall and get close to the roof if I dont pay attention. I am going to try to calibrate it and talk to Bushnell on Monday. 

33 minutes ago, Hack100 said:

What are DZ DX and Azimuth?

Those are in the Simulator Configuration tool when you install. See “4” here

https://golf.foresightsports.com/fsx-play-download-and-installation

Not sure how you bring it up again after install as I’ve never tried. 

ETA - found this but it’s two years old

https://help.foresightsports.com/hc/en-us/articles/4654215704467-Accessing-The-Room-Configuration-Tool-Adjusting-Target-Line-In-Software

Edited by Seamus_McDuff