2024 PGA Championship WITB Photos ×

Pigskin Pick 'em Party

greenemachine

Results thru Monday Night

* One game remains and that is Me with Philadelphia tonight. 

P3P          Kansas City Wx2       Minnesota Wx2  Tenn/Pgh Ovr L        4-1

P48           Green Bay W                Atlanta L             Clv/LV Ovr L           1-2

Q       Green Bay L -pair/square- Buffalo W   New England Lx2             0-2

LP             KC/LAC Ovr Wx2       Philadelphia *        Tampa Lx2               2-2

NCL          Jacksonville L         New England L          Cincinnati W          1-2 

G1         Minnesota Wx2          Miami L  -pair/square-Buffalo W              2-0

doc           Carolina L            New Orleans W             San Fran W            2-1

CH            Atlanta L               Cincinnati W            Las Vegas W               2-1

Edited by touch

Callaway        Paradym  Hzrdus Silver 

Callaway        Epic Flash 3,5,7  FW's  Even Flow Green   
TM                   M4      5 hybrid  Atmos 

TM                  P790   6-PW Recoil ESX

PING               Glide 3.0  50, 56, 60  SS 

TM                  Spider cs  Iomic Absolute-X  

8 hours ago, NCLancer said:

Wait wait wait...somehow my Vegas pick got changed to Jacksonville?  I musta been hacked or maybe alien abducted or someone slipped me a mickey.   I swear I don't remember the switch...

I Dont Know What Happened No Idea GIF

I think you have covid and are experiencing a horrific fever.

Oh I have often done what you did, backed off a winner for a L pick. 🙃  I feel ya Lance. 

• Thanks 1

Create a custom Fireworks GIF, fireworks-1 @ Editable GIFs

Congrats goes out to our professional angler from the Northwest.

P3P wins week 15 with a 4-1 record. 

His picks were KC and Minnesota both 2 point winners, and a miss with the total in the Steelers game.

The 10 Best Fly Fishing Spots in Wisconsin!

Edited by touch
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Week 16        Lines for Picks

Thursday 

San Fran -3 1/2                 at            Tennessee                        44 1/2 

Saturday Christmas Day

Cleveland                          at             Green Bay -7 1/2              45 1/2 

Indy                                   at             Arizona -1 1/2                   49 1/2

Sunday 

Tampa -11                        at              Carolina                             44 1/2

NY Giants                         at              Philadelphia -10               42

LA Chargers -10              at              Houston                            47

Detroit                              at              Atlanta -4                         44

Baltimore                          at             Cincinnati -2 1/2               44

LA Rams -3                      at              Minnesota                        49 1/2

Jacksonville                     at              NY Jets -2 1/2                  41

Buffalo                              at              New England -2 1/2         44

Chicago                            at              Seattle -7                         44

Pittsburgh                        at              Kansas City -10                45 1/2

Denver                              at              Las Vegas -1 1/2              42 1/2 

Sunday Night

Washington                      at              Dallas -10 1/2                   47

Monday Night    

Miami                                at              New Orleans -3               39 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, touch said:

Thursday 

San Fran -3 1/2                 at            Tennessee                        44 1/2 

Saturday Christmas Day

Cleveland                          at             Green Bay -7 1/2              45 1/2 

Indy                                   at             Arizona -1 1/2                   49 1/2

Sunday 

Tampa -11                        at              Carolina                             44 1/2

NY Giants                         at              Philadelphia -10               42

LA Chargers -10              at              Houston                            47

Detroit                              at              Atlanta -4                         44

Baltimore                          at             Cincinnati -2 1/2               44

LA Rams -3                      at              Minnesota                        49 1/2

Jacksonville                     at              NY Jets -2 1/2                  41

Buffalo                              at              New England -2 1/2         44

Chicago                            at              Seattle -7                         44

Pittsburgh                        at              Kansas City -10                45 1/2

Denver                              at              Las Vegas -1 1/2              42 1/2 

Sunday Night

Washington                      at              Dallas -10 1/2                   47

Monday Night    

Miami                                at              New Orleans -3               39 

As we wheel into the new year and another Christmas (if that is your bent), we look back on 2021 and frankly, we thought 2020 wasn't great, 2021 dropped the old "hold my beer."  The world is just a different place, and I don't mean because Springsteen just sold his music, though I do wonder which song from his catalog Summer's Eve will use for their next doosh commercial.  Some teams are playing on Christmas, some aren't.  Covid protocols don't do it, and frankly I have covid fatigue.  Suit em up and let em play.  The only way to protect everyone is to have them play in a bubble.  Not a team bubble, but an actual bubble like that boy in the 70's.

I have another 2 primetimers, and the first one takes me back to The South's Gonna Do It Again... and again.  The Titans put an absolute beatdown on the Steelers yet they lost.  In comes the 49'ers and the Niners are favored.  This seems inconsistent with that I know.  Years ago I won a trip with my work and ended up at the Grand Ole Opry Hotel and the entertainment for us was the CDB.  Now we know he can fiddle, but why would the Devil bring in the whole band, he didn't have a chance.  Well, 49'ers are the Devil coming into the heart of country, and the boy is gonna do it again.  I will take the Titans and the 3.5 points for a prime time special.

When I think NO I think Delta Blues and Robert Johnson even though he is from MS.  The fact is, if you are from MS, AR, AL or LA, you sing the blues.  It is simply what you do.  Now you may have had to sell yourself to the Devil like Robert Johnson, but I think this is a myth because wouldn't the Devil have supplied a band.  Heck he had one in the fiddle duel, so why wouldn't RJ get one.  Well, NO takes their blues and heads in Miami and they are favored by 3 points.  They really put a hurt on TB12 and Tua isn't TB12, in fact, in the highlights I saw last Sunday they were pretty critical of the southpaw.  So I am liking Taysom Hill and some Alvin, and I will take the Saints.

I don't like BBQ, there I said it.  I don't like food all over my hands, I don't like gnawing on bones, I don't like the taste.  But I do have to pick the Steeler game.  Frankly, the Steelers have been atrocious.  The Chiefs appear to be hitting on all cylinders though this morning I heard Kelce is in the protocol.  It doesn't matter.  I am taking the over.  I just see the Chiefs putting it all together at home and Melvin Ingram will re-introduce himself to Mr. Roethlisberger early and often.

Not much going on.  I hope everyone has a good holiday.  Perhaps you asked for something special, or you found the perfect something for someone and you can't wait to give it to them.  Whatever the case, Put one foot in front of the other and soon you'll be walking out the door...

• Like 4

RECORDS UPDATE  THRU MNF     **TUNF

P48          36-19

NCL          31-21-1

P3P          38-27

Q              31-32

LP             25-30-2  **

CH            27-29-3

G1            28-26-1

DOC         27-30

• Thanks 4

Callaway Razr X Black 9.5 stiff
Callaway Razr X Black 4wd. stiff
Wilson CI9 4-gw. TT reg.
Cleveland RTG Wedges TT reg. 52,56.
MG ball
Cleveland Classic #4

7 hours ago, touch said:

It's too cold is what I heard from all the golf buddies here in Asheville. Well then I must seek the more hardy golfing friends that I have down in the upstate of SC. Though it is to barely hit 46 degrees today under cloudy skies in Landrum the wind will not be an issue. It's the Christmas Week Open with Mike and the boys at Tryon. I am prepared, and I am going in fairly confident. 

1221210856.jpg

You got one for your Bob Marley ??

• Haha 2

Wilson CI9 4-gw. TT reg.
MG ball
Cleveland Classic #4

On 12/21/2021 at 4:28 PM, Qqq123xx said:

You got one for your Bob Marley ??

Indeed Q man. The pharmacy pill bottle that holds the j's was in the cart's dash cuddled right next to a warmer pouch.  I'll have you know that a brand new pair of FJ winter gloves were enveloped occasionally by the funky smelling smoke this afternoon. A proper breaking in I'd say. Golf is hard enough as it is, why not enjoy a substance that can smooth out some bumpy patches here and there? 

Edited by touch
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I have fallen behind in my recaps. I will go back to my previous three rounds and briefly touch on them so you know the state of my game this month. When Stan returned to the game after a six week hiatus I found myself back playing CCA.   I played there the last two Tuesday's.

The first round on Dec. 7th found blustery conditions. 45* with a 10-20 mph N wind. We were one of three groups on the course all afternoon. Heck that course is already the most challenging that I play so getting around it in decent fashion and trying to shoot a number when it's cold and windy is a tall ask. I opened with 5 straight bogey's. Made three pars and bogey'd no. 9. Six over at the turn. Hit a 3 wood approach from 195 onto the green on the difficult 10th hole and two putted. I had now a bit of hope. Par on the next. On 12 I hit a 7 iron up a steep hill (can't see the green) from 130 to 4 feet. Birdie one. Five over. Steady pars on the next three holes. I unfortunately finished the last three with bogeys. Shot an 8 over 79. I three putted a bunch as I always do on CCA's most difficult greens, but bigger than that was my swing was very inconsistent all afternoon. It was quite raw out there so I was happy with my semi decent turnaround that helped me just break 80. 

The second round that I played at CCA  was last Tuesday, we saw the exact opposite weather conditions. Bright sunshine for the front side and then partly cloudy on the back. Last week the mountains saw temperatures running 15 degrees above average. We can have odd weather in Asheville in December. It can snow 4 inches and then be 70* the next week. Thank goodness the outlook for snow this month is very slim. When we hit the first tee it was sunny with zero wind and 69* The course was packed. We waited a few minutes over every shot. I had no iron game. I three putted numerous times. I drove the ball well and that was about the only consistent part of my game. Not one birdie and a pair of doubles. I shot a ten over 81. My score didn't particularly matter last Tuesday afternoon because it was more about playing with the fellas on my favorite golf course under the warm sun for hours. Hell I even got a sunburn. 🙂

Edited by touch
  • Like 3

I watched the 4th quarter of yesterday's Raiders/Browns contest. Was that not the ultimate ice job on the Raiders' kicker Daniel Carlson? He pushes his first one that squeaks in then he is iced. He regroups and nails the do over straight down the middle for the win on the road. Clutch shot. Money leg. 

• Like 1

I'll take two please waiter.

Broiled Lobster Tail - Cooking LSL

I'm watching the Philly / D.C. battle tonight knowing I had a prime time play involved with the Eagles laying 4 1/2 points. Sure just start out giving the WFT two turnovers early that they cash in for 10 points Philly boys. My lord that is a trashy start. I had dug myself a two TD and the hook hole in the first quarter. 🙁

Have no fear. The green team did turn it around. Over 200 yards on the ground again (like the 5th time in their last 6 games or something ) against the useful Skins defense. 

Mr. Hurts had a very nice game as well. 

Jalen Hurts 20/26 296 11.4 1 1 3-15      rating 110.4

So in the end I did get my two points prime time play with Philadelphia's 27-17 win. That makes me 4-2 for the week and only one loss behind this week's winner Concert Goer. Decent showing from the basement dweller in week 15. 

Bump me up to 27 wins on the year please Q.

Edited by touch
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

To my good friend G1. I know how you despise the Eagles.  Here's to getting Heinie back and getting the WFT back in the playoff race if that is possible. It wasn't really a fair fight tonight for the burgundy and gold. I called it days ago that this one looked easy.  Oh and it's Dallas next on a short week. Mighty tough rowing ahead mate. At least you aren't counting on Cam. 😜

Edited by touch
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

There is what I was looking for.

Running back Miles Sanders set a new career rushing mark with 131 yards, as the Eagles became the first team to rush for 175-plus yards in seven consecutive games since the 1985 Chicago Bears.

• Like 1

Week 16   Picks

P3P               N. Orleans                  Tennessee                PGH/KC Ovr 

CH                Clev/GB Ovr             Bal/Cin Ovr            LAR/Minn Ovr 

P48              LA Chargers             Kansas City           Philadelphia 

Edited by touch
  • Like 1

On 12/21/2021 at 5:33 AM, touch said:

Thursday 

Saturday Christmas Day

Sunday 

Sunday Night

Monday Night    

Lets switch it up a little and see how bad I can be on O/U's.  🤷‍♂️

Week 16 Picks:

1. CLE/GB O45.5

2. BAL/CIN O44

3. LAR/MIN O49.5

• Like 2

Thursday 

Saturday Christmas Day

Sunday 

Sunday Night

Monday Night    

Week 16   Picks

P3P               N. Orleans                  Tennessee                PGH/KC Ovr 

STANDINGS             WK15     WK14     2WKS           %

P48       36-19             1-2           2-1           3-3           65.45

NCL       31-21-1          1-2          2-0-1       3-2-1       59.62

P3P       38-27             4-1           2-2           6-3           58.46

G1          28-26-1         2-0          4-0           6-0           51.85

Q            31-32              0-2          2-1           2-3            49.21

CH         27-29-3         2-1           2-1           4-2            48.21

LP          27-30-2         4-2          0-2-1       6-4-1       47.37

DOC      27-30           2-1           2-1            4-2           47.37

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

Wilson CI9 4-gw. TT reg.
MG ball
Cleveland Classic #4

Okay think I did this right. If not please use secondary teams.

PAIR EM' SQUARE EM         N.E.  -2.5          N.E./BUFF.   OVER  44

N.ORL.   -3       X2

N.E.      -2.5     

SEA.    -7

N.ORL.   -3       X2

Edited by Qqq123xx

Wilson CI9 4-gw. TT reg.
MG ball
Cleveland Classic #4

1 hour ago, Qqq123xx said:

Okay think I did this right. If not please use secondary teams.

PAIR EM' SQUARE EM         N.E.  -2.5          N.E./BUFF.   OVER  44

N.ORL.   -3       X2

N.E.      -2.5     

SEA.    -7

N.ORL.   -3       X2

First line you have both picks in BOLD involved with your pair and square, then below they are in normal face type?

You want all 3 PT'd? or just the Saints? 

Week 16   Picks

Q          New England pair/squar NE/Buff Over          New Orleans

Edited by touch

9 minutes ago, touch said:

First line you have both picks in BOLD involved with your pair and square, then below they are in normal face type?

You want all 3 PT'd? or just the Saints? 

If I couldn't use the Pn'S with Pats then I wanted the second set of teams to be used. Guess I can use Pn'S with Pats then? If so please use first set of teams. Which are below. 

N.E.    -2.5     PAIR N' SQUARE        N.E./BILLS     OVER 44           (BOTH  X2)

N.ORL.    -3    X2

• Like 2

Wilson CI9 4-gw. TT reg.
MG ball
Cleveland Classic #4

On 12/22/2021 at 3:35 PM, Qqq123xx said:

If I couldn't use the Pn'S with Pats then I wanted the second set of teams to be used. Guess I can use Pn'S with Pats then? If so please use first set of teams. Which are below. 

N.E.    -2.5     PAIR N' SQUARE        N.E./BILLS     OVER 44           (BOTH  X2)

N.ORL.    -3    X2

👍

Week 16   Picks

Q          New England pair/squar NE/Buff Over          New Orleans

Edited by touch
  • Like 1

🌟  Greenemachine a question. 

If one does a pair and square with two prime time plays and they both hit is that 8 points?

I am not sure if it would be +4 or +8 if both hit or -4 and -8 if both lose. I believe this is the first occurrence.  

• Like 1

I am pretty amazed I had the round that I did yesterday being it was played in on and off drizzle and 42*.  I will eventually get up my two rounds recap from Tryon. 

Edited by touch

3 hours ago, touch said:

🌟  Greenemachine a question. 

If one does a pair and square with two prime time plays and they both hit is that 8 points?

I am not sure if it would be +4 or +8 if both hit or -4 and -8 if both lose. I believe this is the first occurrence.  

The way the pair em and square em works with the prime time picks is like this:

You can only use a pair em and square em by itself. Because we pick 3 each week you are able to use this in conjunction with the prime time picks. This does not mean you can mix the 2 score multipliers to grant yourself a mega bonus of either +8 or -8. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1