2024 Rocket Mortgage Classic WITB Photos ×

Oddy RSX Milled Collection (CPO)

williaza

12 minutes ago, Mg3snc said:

FYI, on the Callaway eBay page, there's 4 rsx #2s available. Looks like it's essentially a Newport 2 with squared bumpers rather than the rounded bumpers of the 1. Pretty rare and may be a good fit for someone! 

I see them without pictures..is this a tour only thing any info on these? 

1 hour ago, williaza said:

I see them without pictures..is this a tour only thing any info on these? 

The only info I really got was from another posting of someone trying to sell the rsx #2 with pictures on eBay as well (at like $1400 rather than $215). Looks nice though from those pics. 

Otherwise I have no details on the release of these. 

11 minutes ago, Mg3snc said:

The only info I really got was from another posting of someone trying to sell the rsx #2 with pictures on eBay as well (at like $1400 rather than $215). Looks nice though from those pics. 

Otherwise I have no details on the release of these. 

Wow very interesting. I hope they are heavier than the 345g 001. I’d jump 

side note. These inserts are metal correct? Can these putters be refinished by putter spa/embrace etc? 

The RSX #2 seems like a super rare bird; I prefer Anser heads to Anser 2, though I play/have played both. I wonder if the 2's are naked like the 001's that people have gotten? I actually prefer a sight line, and it was appealing that the retail RSX 001 had a topline sight line instead of on the flange. It would be rolling the dice to see if you got a naked one or not (though I guess you could always find a way to add a sight line or dot to the the top line if you need one).

On the CPO listings with no pictures: I have now purchased two w/ no picture in the last month: a JDM Toulon Austin and what appears to be a JDM Silver O-works #1W for my wife; my working supposition is that for some reason the JDM overstock on CPO don't have pictures, but they've all been brand new, with headcovers, and different from what you can get OTR Odyssey here.

EDITED to add: I just caved and bought a #2. It's just too rare a bird to pass up at that price.

Edited by Mugnut

54 minutes ago, Misc1600 said:

@RollinsonPutters

any info on the RSX #2

There's nothing out there about them except the CPO listings and the one Japanese ebay listing for like $1400. I did find one old ebay listing for one that said the RSX #2 was tour issue only, and they never showed up at retail so far as I can tell. So, super rare at worst, possibly valuable at best just due to rarity.

That's why I grabbed one. The regular #2 head is a pretty nice Anser 2'ish head; interested if they tweaked the head shape like it appears they tweaked the 001. The 001 is one of the nicest Anser/Newport/#1 shapes out there, so I hope the #2 is similarly nice; sketchy info I've found makes it look like a high toe Anser 2. I figured $200 for an all-black milled Anser 2 style was can't miss. And i always come back to Odysseys, and always to Anser/Anser 2 shapes...

My experience with CPO stuff on eBay (and I'm embarassed to admit how many putters I have gotten there but it's probably pushing 6+) has been A+, and led to a couple unusual finds. Every single "Like New" putter has in fact been BNIP w/ either the correct or at least a new headcover. And at prices that are </= to finding the same thing on the secondary market.

But I'm not sure how they suddenly decide in 2021 to dump a stash of 2016 BNIP putters that retailed for almost $400 when released. Including possibly tour only heads.

On the #2, I did a super deep dive here last night and they seem to have been a tour only putter. Only the 001, #7, and Fang were ever released retail; a couple #2's sold here, some naked, and some with topline sight lines, with tour serials on shaft, and one was factory-stamped "Made in USA." Which is pretty wild, cuz I'd never heard of a Made in USA Odyssey milled head...

• Like 1

I just pulled the trigger on a V Line Fang.  Wanted one of these for a while but typically are either over priced or beat up.

@Mugnut Would you mind posting some pics of your #2 when it shows as I have my eyes on ordering one of those as well!  

3 hours ago, CC Stryder said:

I just pulled the trigger on a V Line Fang.  Wanted one of these for a while but typically are either over priced or beat up.

@Mugnut Would you mind posting some pics of your #2 when it shows as I have my eyes on ordering one of those as well!  

On eBay there looks like there is only 1left. 

Part 1 of my RSX experiment has arrived. RSX 7 from CPO. This CPO RSX offering also has no sight line! First 7 I've ever seen without a sight line or 3 sight dots. No tour issue indications though.

Chrome (not black) shaft, but has the Gripmaster black leather grip. Neck join is a hair sloppy - probably not a dealbreaker for me, but worth noting, as maybe some Of these "outlet" condition offerings are seconds?? 

D231386C-D8AB-4C37-B1ED-F975FE1BF3D2.jpeg

589B352C-8DF3-4AA2-935F-98AD26F5854D.jpeg

CDC9382F-8BB0-422A-8824-D96023EF8664.jpeg

9 minutes ago, cmporto10 said:

Interesting that the retail RSX 7 was a single bend shaft and this one is a double bend

Yeah; the SKU sticker says it's a chrome shaft. If it didn't have the Gripmaster grip, I would assume they just threw a DB shaft in a head they found in storage and listed it. But with the sticker + grip, it seems they must have had an assembled, chrome

DB, no sight line putter hanging around for five years. 

This stash of RSX's is pretty mysterious. I'd love to know the deal behind them.

EB041962-8E34-41E8-9122-92440835823E.jpeg

• Like 1

I took the plunge and bought one of the 001's.  Will be delivered tomorrow...hoping it's naked with no top line like the others have been.  I don't even care about the shaft and grip...I just want the head. 

Titleist TSR3 Driver

Callaway Epic Super Hybrid 2H

Callaway Apex Pro 3H

Mizuno Pro 243 4i-PW
Callaway Jaws Raw 48*, 54*, 60*
Byron Morgan 615
Callaway Chrome Tour

From my best guess, seems like these were naked heads maybe for tour use where the pros could dictate which alignment they liked. I have zero proof, but I can't imagine they would have a stash of naked clubs for retail purposes. Someone finally found them in a closet and they decided to sell em. Really looking forward to receiving my #2 now. 

4 hours ago, Mugnut said:

Part 1 of my RSX experiment has arrived. RSX 7 from CPO. This CPO RSX offering also has no sight line! First 7 I've ever seen without a sight line or 3 sight dots. No tour issue indications though.

Chrome (not black) shaft, but has the Gripmaster black leather grip. Neck join is a hair sloppy - probably not a dealbreaker for me, but worth noting, as maybe some Of these "outlet" condition offerings are seconds?? 

D231386C-D8AB-4C37-B1ED-F975FE1BF3D2.jpeg

589B352C-8DF3-4AA2-935F-98AD26F5854D.jpeg

CDC9382F-8BB0-422A-8824-D96023EF8664.jpeg

Hmmm.  Ordered the #7 thinking I was getting the 3 sitelines (like my Las Vegas H7) black powder coated shaft and single bend shaft with 1 shaft offset like pics.   Will try it but don’t think I will like it (unless of course, I try it and sink lots of putts).  In Canada so I won’t bother with sending it back, easier just to resell for what I paid if it turns out to be a fail.  

Those #2 naked putters do look sweet. If I could putt well with a anser style putter I would be all over it. Have no interest just to purchase to collect or resell since I putt better with a large siteline mallet 

Damn - I wasn't going to go to the office tomorrow but tracking shows the #2 I also ordered arriving so I might have to.  No matter what the config it's sure to be something unusual - I feel like I've stumbled on a secret Odyssey cabal.

Did some searching this afternoon and I have not been able to find a single naked 7 anywhere on the internets. Gonna have to keep it just cuz it's so odd.

My wife would definitely not understand these purchasing decisions!