Oddy RSX Milled Collection (CPO)

williaza

I have been putting well with my Las Vegas H7 for 2 years.  The LV has quite a bit of toe hang. The RSX 7 the way it’s set up with the double bend has about 5degrees of toe hang. I remember posts where a few WRXers were looking for a little bit of toe hang. I seem to put similar with the RSX doublebend as I do the LV.  No consistent noticeable miss one way or the other. Could be a backup when my stroke gets slightly more upright

• Like 1

On 9/23/2021 at 9:48 AM, third-times-a-charm said:

I'm partial to the Toulon milling and with that satin finish with the full face, it's very nice.

Well I caved after spending all weekend looking at the pics you posted.  That’s just a beautiful putter to add to the stable.  Thanks again!

• Like 1

For anyone interested, here’s the head weight of the #2.

27912E4E-F14B-4296-B1E5-5325E8B75DA3.jpeg.9e413fbccb93b791cc4c8d40d77a61c3.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Callaway AI Smoke TD 10.5° | Ventus TR Blue 6s

Taylormade BRNR Mini 13.5° | Hzrdus Yellow 75 6.5

Callaway Apex UW 19° | Hzrdus Smoke Yellow 75 6.5

Callaway XR Pro 23° | Tour AD DI 95x
Maltby TS1 IM/TS4 5-PW | Dynamic Gold S300
Cleveland RTX 6: 50° 56° 60° | KBS Tour Custom 120s Black 

L.A.B. DF 3 Counterbalance 37.5" | TPT Putter Shaft 

Put a black shaft in it and a Ping blackout grip. Love this thing. 

IMG-0746.jpg.a470ab66855057423711bb16bc737c29.jpg

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, d55124 said:

JD Chicago in satin now listed on eBay - maybe more models coming!

I think these are customer returns they are re-listing. CPO got a huge shipment of JDM clubs earlier this summer that seem to be sold out now.

PRDYMTC TOUR  9.8° + UB6 / PRDYMTC  15°@16 + UB6 / MVRKTC 18° + UB8 G430 26°@25+ IZ95 / FRGD TEC5-G + MODUS115 / MD5TC / CHICAGOTC

9 hours ago, Mugnut said:

The JDM Austin was one of the best pickups I ever made from CPO. I would be willing to sell a bunch of putters if I ever could get my hands on a Las Vegas in the JDM config that the Austin is in...

I have to agree, if they plop a LV up there with this set up I’m in too!  These are so nice and that finish is just perfect!

Edited by CC Stryder

1 hour ago, Rpete33 said:

Just ordered a 7, ive had some struggles with blades. Looking forward to rolling it

You won’t be disappointed. 
Right now the RSX will be the backup to my Las Vegas H7. But….the RSX forces my stroke to not be as arched and more pendulum like.  So when I practice with the RSX and go back to my LV my stroke is even better with the LV.  Great practice putter

• Like 2

On 10/3/2021 at 8:48 PM, SDGolfRookie said:

They look so good with the black shaft. Sounds like you guys like the KBS CT tour feel with the 001 and 002 head? Man - first you make me get these and now I may need to run north to KBS store! (Thank you :))

Took out the white and red paint fill. Looking really mean now. Finally was able to get it on the course and it performed just as well as it did on my Birdieball mat. Head feels really well balanced and love the feel off the face. Officially in the bag. Thanks to the OP for the heads up on these!

IMG-0755.jpg.2b5d0b0526730befeae2538f8b7d0704.jpgIMG-0756.jpg.33d9ce5f6f434ae37c25cba96c722184.jpgIMG-0757.jpg.65c17b8ce1d2a750565d1c329fd55607.jpg

Edited by coreyhr
  • Like 3

Well, i was looking for something to throw my KBS Tour One Step gloss black shaft into, and was looking at the RSX 001 on CPO - now i see that JDM Toulon Austin and it looks amazing as well. I haven't actually used an RSX... how do they compare feel wise to the Toulon? Love the feel of my Toulon's... 

13 hours ago, farundrpar said:

Well, i was looking for something to throw my KBS Tour One Step gloss black shaft into, and was looking at the RSX 001 on CPO - now i see that JDM Toulon Austin and it looks amazing as well. I haven't actually used an RSX... how do they compare feel wise to the Toulon? Love the feel of my Toulon's... 

Fair question and I’ll preface my response by saying the RSX I have is the fang model not one of the blades.

The RSX has a unique feel.  To me if feels like you put a milled insert into a putter.  It’s firmer than the Toulon but satisfying and the roll is great.

The Toulon is softer and smoother feeling. But it also has the stroke lab shaft which may play into that a little.  I was about to buy an RSX 2 but went for the Toulon and I do not regret it.

I don’t think you can go wrong with either but the satin finish on the JDM Toulon is stunning.  I have several trusted Scotty’s and Bettinardis that I paid more for which all sit behind the Austin.  So much so I debated buying the San Diego version too but am hoping they find some Las Vegas ones…

9 hours ago, CC Stryder said:

Fair question and I’ll preface my response by saying the RSX I have is the fang model not one of the blades.

The RSX has a unique feel.  To me if feels like you put a milled insert into a putter.  It’s firmer than the Toulon but satisfying and the roll is great.

The Toulon is softer and smoother feeling. But it also has the stroke lab shaft which may play into that a little.  I was about to buy an RSX 2 but went for the Toulon and I do not regret it.

I don’t think you can go wrong with either but the satin finish on the JDM Toulon is stunning.  I have several trusted Scotty’s and Bettinardis that I paid more for which all sit behind the Austin.  So much so I debated buying the San Diego version too but am hoping they find some Las Vegas ones…

I agree with this comparison with the RSX 7 and the Las Vegas.  I really like them both. 

• Like 1

On 10/7/2021 at 11:18 PM, farundrpar said:

I have a Toulon Stroke Lab San Diego and an RSX #2, so similar head design. Toulon is softer, RSX firmer. I think the sweet spot feels a little smaller on the RSX, but it sounds and feels good in its own right. At 34" and an S20 weight installed, Toulon feels much heavier.

I just caved and bought a JDM Chicago from CPO. I'm experimenting this winter with a more face-balanced approach, including either a long neck or a center shaft, or a wide blade on a DB shaft like the Chicago.

I expect to be putting both the San Diego (U.S. Version) and a RSX #2 on the BST in the next week or so. PM me if anyone is interested pre-listing; can probably do a deal for the Odyssey/Toulon nuts in this thread. Both putters are 34', the RSX 2 is mint with tags still on; the San Diego I got here and is in excellent condition with one small ding on the back of the top line towards the toe (like that when I got it). The Anser 2/Newport 2 style head is just not working for me visually at setup these days.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Mugnut said:

I have a Toulon Stroke Lab San Diego and an RSX #2, so similar head design. Toulon is softer, RSX firmer. I think the sweet spot feels a little smaller on the RSX, but it sounds and feels good in its own right. At 34" and an S20 weight installed, Toulon feels much heavier.

I just caved and bought a JDM Chicago from CPO. I'm experimenting this winter with a more face-balanced approach, including either a long neck or a center shaft, or a wide blade on a DB shaft like the Chicago.

I expect to be putting both the San Diego (U.S. Version) and a RSX #2 on the BST in the next week or so. PM me if anyone is interested pre-listing; can probably do a deal for the Odyssey/Toulon nuts in this thread. Both putters are 34', the RSX 2 is mint with tags still on; the San Diego I got here and is in excellent condition with one small ding on the back of the top line towards the toe (like that when I got it). The Anser 2/Newport 2 style head is just not working for me visually at setup these days.

Can you tell me where on cpo you are seeing the jdm Toulon putters. 
the only Toulon showing up on my phone is an Indianapolis 

I know this is an RSX thread, but since it has some stealthy Toulon content and as a PSA it appears that Callaway has Toulon weight kits listed as in-stock on its site:

https://www.callawaygolf.com/accessories/course-gear/weight-kits/weight-kit-2017-toulon-design.html

On closer inspection, the picture of the weight kit on the link page looks like the old/current weight kit:image.png.2307ee635f952cbe894d202878eb5203.png

but when you click through it looks like weights are for a new design putter that they haven't even launched yet - so I really can't tell if this is anticipatory release for the new 2022 line or in fact is for the the weight plates in the current line. If they're for the new line, looks like a pretty major design change for the adjustable weight system.

Toulon Design Weight Kit - Featured

8 minutes ago, Mugnut said:

I know this is an RSX thread, but since it has some stealthy Toulon content and as a PSA it appears that Callaway has Toulon weight kits listed as in-stock on its site:

https://www.callawaygolf.com/accessories/course-gear/weight-kits/weight-kit-2017-toulon-design.html

On closer inspection, the picture of the weight kit on the link page looks like the old/current weight kit:image.png.2307ee635f952cbe894d202878eb5203.png

but when you click through it looks like weights are for a new design putter that they haven't even launched yet - so I really can't tell if this is anticipatory release for the new 2022 line or in fact is for the the weight plates in the current line. If they're for the new line, looks like a pretty major design change for the adjustable weight system.

@Mugnutthanks for the PSA... but the “new design putter” isn’t quite true (IMHO)

These weights that you’ve screenshotted = from the old Toulon Indianapolis circa 2017(?)

..Details: https://www.golfwrx.com/424276/toulon-design-to-launch-5-new-putters-in-2017/

image.png.b270b1fefef757d050c7d266d106230a.png

image.jpeg.9762fa6cb0ef76d6efcdd2d5a8a1c7a6.jpeg

35 minutes ago, JungleJimbo said:

These weights that you’ve screenshotted = from the old Toulon Indianapolis circa 2017(?)

That's even more mysterious. If these are for standard current/old TD putters (not Indianapolis) I might grab an A7 or two, but looks like it'll take a call to Callaway to see what they actually have. The pics from the Fortinet championship definitely look like a new weight system out to the heel and toe instead of a single center weight. Any way, the weights have always been hard to find and I imagine will only get harder to find when the design change happens for the '22 models.

4 hours ago, Mugnut said:

Well doesn’t that figure?  I contacted Callaway a few weeks ago about getting an A7 (I like lighter putters) and they informed me they have no Toulon weights.  I ended up paying a significant amount more for a used one after a WTB/forum/eBay hunt.  Says the A7 is in stock now…maybe they found some in Japan or a tour truck drawer?  😂 

Edited by CC Stryder