Sand Valley?

BEND OF THE RIVER GC

41 minutes ago, italianstallion said:

Thats not what I was expecting at all! Figured with the relatively low number of resort rooms it would be easy for people with existing reservations. 

I should've prefaced that it was for the early morning or early afternoon tee times that you would look at for a 36 hole day. Didn't inquire about mid-day tee times. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
22 minutes ago, jrg75 said:

For those that know the area, do you think I could make it to Sand Valley for a 2pm tee time if I played an early (say 7:30 am) round at Lawsonia?

Yes but with the smallest delay you could get screwed. Lawsonia isn't the shortest/easiest walk, so I'd plan on 4 full hours. In the car by noon you have about 1.5 hour drive. No time for lunch, range (not that you'd really need it after playing 18), shopping around in the proshop etc. I'd want another hour..

Edited by mci711
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, mci711 said:

Yes but with the smallest delay you could get screwed. Lawsonia isn't the shortest/easiest walk, so I'd plan on 4 full hours. In the car by noon you have about 1.5 hour drive. No time for lunch, range (not that you'd really need it after playing 18), shopping around in the proshop etc. I'd want another hour..

Thanks, kind of what I was thinking, appreciate you validating.  Probably not worth the risk.

3 hours ago, The Milkman said:

Are carts an acceptable play at Lawsonia? We're looking at adding a round on there after our SV trip and likely after a couple of days of walking 36 we'll want a break. 

Yes.  Carts are available at Lawsonia.

• Like 1

If you need a grinder to make your weld look good, you are a grinder not a welder.

20 minutes ago, ode said:

Very much looking forward to reviews/pics/etc of Sedge!

Me too - I've watched a ton on the Lido, so very excited to start getting review videos of Sedge as well!

• Like 1

Driver: Callaway Paradym 10.5* with Hzrdus Smoke Blue RDX 60 Stiff

Fairways:  Callaway Paradym 3W & 7W with Hzrdus Smoke Blue RDX 70 Stiff

Irons:  Cobra Forged TEC 4-PW with KBS Tour Stiff

Wedges:  Callaway Jaws Raw Plasma 50, 54 & 58

Putter:  Scotty Phantom X 5.5

I have a Sedge Valley tee time the second week of July and cannot wait. I feel a lot of people will get hung up on the lack of distance and par 68. Kind of like when people praise a course and then follow it up with “but…” 

As always, I’m surprised how busy they are. I was looking to book 36 the same day. Mammoth and Sand Valley tee times were availability and had some flexibility. Sedge had fewer than 10 times available and only a few of those worked with a second round. 

I actually called and had my tee time booked before their email was sent out about it opening July 1. Earlier I signed up for tee time notifications and got the text saying times were available on my day and called immediately. Does anyone know if resort guest or those with existing reservations were given first option to book? 

21 hours ago, The Milkman said:

Are carts an acceptable play at Lawsonia? We're looking at adding a round on there after our SV trip and likely after a couple of days of walking 36 we'll want a break. 

Had some buddies play there two seasons ago and they were able to rent the single motorcycle looking  carts which looked pretty fun.  No idea if they still have them. 

TaylorMade M5 9 degrees

Callaway X-Hot 3 Wood  14.5 degrees

Callaway Super Hybrid 18 degrees

Callaway Apex 4 Hybrid 21 degrees

Callaway Super Hybrid 24 degrees

Titleist T100  5-PW

Titleist Vokey SM6  52,58

Scotty Cameron California Coronado

Just a heads up for anyone trying to book.....

I signed up for the "insider" emails from SV and received the email last week about booking for 2025 being open.  By the time I could get someone on the phone they were darn near booked up.

Our original plan was to stay Monday-Thursday (7/14-7/17 of 2025).  There are 6 of us so we needed 3 rooms.  Those dates were gone and no other stretch in June or July had 4 days available.  In fact we were only able to get 1 night.  So we booked 7/30/2025 which allows us to play golf on the 30th and 31st at SV.    

I got us on the waitlist for the Monday, Tuesday, and Thursday of that week, but my experience with Bandon in the past, is that this will not materialize into much.

I just cannot believe that 17 months out and on the day booking opened that we could not get 4 days in June or July or heck even a 2 day stretch for lodging.  Insane what has happened with the golf industry/demand!!!

Taylormade M3 w/ Tensei CK White-70X
Taylormade SIM 5 wood w/ HZRDUS Smoke Black-80X
Sub 70 699u Pro 2 iron 17* w/ HZRDUS Smoke Black-90X
Mizuno MMC 4-6 w/ Dynamic Gold- X100

Mizuno MP20 7-PW w/ Dynamic Gold-X100
Mizuno MP T20 50*, 54*, 58* w/ Dynamic Gold S-400 
Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas

8 hours ago, dearth12 said:

I signed up for the "insider" emails from SV and received the email last week about booking for 2025 being open.  By the time I could get someone on the phone they were darn near booked up.

Our original plan was to stay Monday-Thursday (7/14-7/17 of 2025).  There are 6 of us so we needed 3 rooms.  Those dates were gone and no other stretch in June or July had 4 days available.  In fact we were only able to get 1 night.  So we booked 7/30/2025 which allows us to play golf on the 30th and 31st at SV.    

I got us on the waitlist for the Monday, Tuesday, and Thursday of that week, but my experience with Bandon in the past, is that this will not materialize into much.

I just cannot believe that 17 months out and on the day booking opened that we could not get 4 days in June or July or heck even a 2 day stretch for lodging.  Insane what has happened with the golf industry/demand!!!

Wow they snuck that in the email last week. I thought that email was just announcing the opening of Sedge Valley. My group was thinking about going back to SV in 2025, but probably lost our shot at that. 

On 2/15/2024 at 11:07 AM, dearth12 said:

I sadly did not have time to wait all day on hold to get through to an agent. I called a few times and waited 30-45 min but never got through. Was shooting for a 12 person trip prime summer but guess it’s not happening 

• 3 weeks later...

Cancelled a foursome 8:45AM tee time on the Sunday of Memorial Day on Mammoth Dunes if anyone's interested in picking it up.  We had planned to replace it with Sedge Valley but obviously aren't able to do that with a July 1 opening.  So instead we're going to play Troy Burne or Stone Ridge on the drive back to Minneapolis. 

Any insights on when the resort may open or the condition of it? I imagine it'll be early this year with how warm this spring is shaping up to be and how little snow cover needs to melt off.

On 3/13/2024 at 11:48 AM, eboettne said:

Any insights on when the resort may open or the condition of it? I imagine it'll be early this year with how warm this spring is shaping up to be and how little snow cover needs to melt off.

In addition to the conditioning as it relates to this seasons weather... does anyone know about the cicada hatching I've heard about for Wisconsin? Having dealt with them a couple years ago in Maryland, I'd really rather they not be a factor on our trip May 3rd

4 hours ago, The Milkman said:

In addition to the conditioning as it relates to this seasons weather... does anyone know about the cicada hatching I've heard about for Wisconsin? Having dealt with them a couple years ago in Maryland, I'd really rather they not be a factor on our trip May 3rd

I think you should be ok. Generally the cicadas hit June-July. May 3 is very early in the season but I've read some conflicting reports as to when they hatch. Having gone through the cicada cycle a few times it's really not a big deal aside from the noise as they tend to not interfere with people. More of a nuisance than anything.

And Sand Valley is farther north than most of the big hatching areas. All the maps I've seen tend to cover southern WI, but I wouldn't be surprised if some are seen up there.

• Like 3

• 1 month later...