What is your 11 YO Girl's Clubhead Speed?

Hardrain

On 3/25/2022 at 8:57 AM, heavy_hitter said:

That is not what I said.  I said there are two speed windows for girls.  One is from 11-13.  Speed Sticks don't work for kids until after puberty.  Will say it again "Speed Sticks don't work for kids until after puberty."  During those developmental windows it makes it easier for them to obtain speed and power.  This isn't a golf related window.  This is a human development related window where the bodies chemistry allows for the greatest growth in speed and power.  Whether lifting, band work, jumping, gymnastics, playing multiple sports or whatever the activity is this is the window that makes it easy to do it.  It can actually be done without knowing you are doing it.

My son used speed sticks from 11-13.  They did absolutely nothing because he didn't have the strength for them to work.  Once he got the strength there is no reason to swing the speed sticks.  He went from like 96-112 in 18 months.  That is what people don't understand about the speed sticks.  If they do not have the strength to get faster, swinging the speed sticks won't do anything except put overuse on the body.  I relate this to a 4 cylinder car.  A 4 cylinder Car can only go 0-60 so fast.  No matter what you do to the engine it just isn't going to get to 60 much faster.  Put a V6 in that car and it is going to go 0-60 faster.  Most juniors need overall fitness with strength in jumping and chest muscles to move it faster, not speed sticks.

Ok I agree with that.  That is what happened with my kid.  Has always been an athlete especially from 11-13. 

• 3 months later...
3 hours ago, Basurman said:

Not sure but she was hitting long back then too . Last year on same tournament she got long drive too . Can’t remember exactly number . One think we learn speed is hard to teach . 
this is my son numbers , he is 18 

DD876066-FFD7-4F03-BE66-AB86CFD14A2F.jpeg

2C223247-B869-42BC-AD19-3C4403889795.jpeg

number on launch monitors can way off.  It depends on how you set things up.

105 mph is that the new benchmark parents claim there 12 and 13 year old daughters hit it.   Dads used to claim 95 mph. Recently every dad is claiming 100 mph and 280. 

Very few women in the LPGA hit above 95 mph. At 105 she would  already one of the the fastest girls on the  LPGA tour and she is only 13.

Edited by tiger1873
  • Like 2

56 minutes ago, tiger1873 said:

105 mph is that the new benchmark parents claim there 12 and 13 year old daughters hit it.   Dads used to claim 95 mph. Recently every dad is claiming 100 mph and 280. 

Very few women in the LPGA hit above 95 mph. At 105 she would  already one of the the fastest girls on the  LPGA tour and she is only 13.

I have already tried to pass this info on but no one   believed me.  We all wish we had the next Tiger!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, tiger1873 said:

Bryson's swing speed is around 135.  Brooke Henderson one of the longest on the LPGA tour SS is 102.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, tiger1873 said:

I have nothing to prove you , if lunch monitors is off so how can you truck speed ? Problem what I see is you have no idea what are you talking about. Let you kids work out and speed will increase by how much no body know . Follow AJGA on Instagram and they post sometime is long drive numbers and you will surprise how far kids hitting now . Anyway have fun and enjoy your kid journey 

9 hours ago, Basurman said:

I have nothing to prove you , if lunch monitors is off so how can you truck speed ? Problem what I see is you have no idea what are you talking about. Let you kids work out and speed will increase by how much no body know . Follow AJGA on Instagram and they post sometime is long drive numbers and you will surprise how far kids hitting now . Anyway have fun and enjoy your kid journey 

AJGA posts total numbers instead of just carry IIRC.

• Like 2
There's definitely something more important that I should be doing.

13 hours ago, Basurman said:

Actually i have a pretty good idea on this my daughter is very long.   Speed is well above average and always has been.

I have seen trackman give strange numbers and when you swap it out or move it to the correct spot it gives you different numbers. All a person needs to do is move a launch monitor around to get higher to lower speed numbers. 

This why you need the trackman chart with speed and other numbers on them so you can calibrate the numbers you are getting.  

Also distance can vary a lot hit a few degree’s down on the driver and you lose 30-40 yards. Just because you hit it x yards does not mean it equals a certain speed.

The other thing is extra distance is a blessing and curse when they are young.  When your kid has to use hybrid off the tee’s vs every other kid using a driver they have to figure out a lot more course management.

Most girls hit far too much up on the ball to get every last yard and is a huge reason a lot girls can’t play in the wind.

Edited by tiger1873
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, tiger1873 said:

Actually i have a pretty good idea on this my daughter is very long.   Speed is well above average and always has been.

I have seen trackman give strange numbers and when you swap it out or move it to the correct spot it gives you different numbers. All a person needs to do is move a launch monitor around to get higher to lower speed numbers. 

This why you need the trackman chart with speed and other numbers on them so you can calibrate the numbers you are getting.  

Also distance can vary a lot hit a few degree’s down on the driver and you lose 30-40 yards. Just because you hit it x yards does not mean it equals a certain speed.

The other thing is extra distance is a blessing and curse when they are young.  When your kid has to use hybrid off the tee’s vs every other kid using a driver they have to figure out a lot more course management.

Most girls hit far too much up on the ball to get every last yard and is a huge reason a lot girls can’t play in the wind.

Again , you can’t compare your daughter with mass . Everyone is deferent, this is numbers from my daughter two weeks ago , fairway wood ( not sure 3 or 5 ) and driver . Anyway I don’t wanna argue , I wish you and your daughter have fun and grow on this game 

good luck 🍀 

D72965C0-EB39-403E-8F31-3BCDC0E77AFD.jpeg

69E3D0F9-16F7-42EC-AFA9-5223557277C4.jpeg