2024 Rocket Mortgage Classic WITB Photos ×

2022 Scotty Cameron Phantom Lineup

kb7

37 minutes ago, Gundee said:

Currently use last year's X11. Came in thinking I would walk out with a X7 but went 7.5. In reality my stroke isn't fully straight back and through. Also just liked the esthetics of the flow neck rather than double bend. Feel is great, may end up sending to Scotty for customization some point in the future.  

IMG_0043.jpg

IMG_0044.jpg

I’m in the same boat, currently gaming a 2021 X11, and I putt really well with it, but I just love the look of the 7, those sight lines are 🔥 

Im tempted to sell mine or just trade it at Edwin watts…

• Like 1

I got my X5.5 today. I like the look in person more than photos (of the sole) but at address it is the same as previous years. The feel is really good compared to my Evnroll and Betti. Looking forward to adding some paintfill in the weights and cherry bomb area. The headcover is crap though, and I need to find a better mallet cover. 

Ping G430 Max Driver
Callaway Paradym 3HL Fairway

Titleist TSR2 5 Fairway
Titleist U505 4
Titleist T200 5, T150 6, T100 7-GW
Mizuno T22 54D, 60X

Odyssey Jailbird Cruiser

30 minutes ago, Kamen said:

I got my X5.5 today. I like the look in person more than photos (of the sole) but at address it is the same as previous years. The feel is really good compared to my Evnroll and Betti. Looking forward to adding some paintfill in the weights and cherry bomb area. The headcover is crap though, and I need to find a better mallet cover. 

What headcover are you gonna go with? 

Titleist 915 d2
Titleist 917 f2 18*

PIng i25 hybrid 22* pwr 90

[u]project x L.Z 5.5[/u]:
Bridgestone J15 cb 5-pw
Nike engage 52 square,
56 toe sweep
60 dual sole

Lajosi Dd201

A dream bag

1 hour ago, C_rad said:

What headcover are you gonna go with? 

Not sure yet. I can't seem to find any cool mallet covers. I may go non matching and use a TM Vault one. Any recommendations?

Ping G430 Max Driver

Titleist TSR2 5 Fairway
Titleist U505 4
Mizuno T22 54D, 60X

Odyssey Jailbird Cruiser

1 hour ago, Kamen said:

Not sure yet. I can't seem to find any cool mallet covers. I may go non matching and use a TM Vault one. Any recommendations?

I was thinking either rose and fire or dormie. What are the dimension of the 5.5? 

Titleist 915 d2
Titleist 917 f2 18*

PIng i25 hybrid 22* pwr 90

[u]project x L.Z 5.5[/u]:
Bridgestone J15 cb 5-pw
Nike engage 52 square,
56 toe sweep
60 dual sole

Lajosi Dd201

A dream bag

3 hours ago, C_rad said:

I was thinking either rose and fire or dormie. What are the dimension of the 5.5? 

I'm not sure haha but it's not that big. It'll fit any standard mallet headcover like the PXG/TM/Odyssey ones. Just want something magnetic and a little fun. 

Ping G430 Max Driver

Titleist TSR2 5 Fairway
Titleist U505 4
Mizuno T22 54D, 60X

Odyssey Jailbird Cruiser

Went to the event at the Roswell, GA PGASS this AM.  I need a face balanced putter and I loved the looks of the 5 the first time I saw it. The problem is, I have been on the lookout for one to just roll some putts with for months and months to no avail (tried the 5.5 and it didn’t work at all). I got the notice about the launch event and figured this was my chance to see once and for all if the 5 was the putter for me. Spent 45 minutes to an hour putting including back to back vs. my gamer and it was the clear choice. That said, I wanted to be sure it was perfect so I still did a fitting using SAM lab. I drained putt after putt and the only recommended adjustment was to knock off 1 degree of loft.  

Super happy, just love this putter, almost as much as I hate the headcover.

B928352F-CCD8-4E2D-9F53-57C196903C12.jpeg

49396F30-FFE1-4365-ABD5-00D6F9A9220E.jpeg

P.S. These pictures were taken when I bought the putter this AM. I then played nine this afternoon and after using it would rate the headcover around 3 out of 5. The good news is, the putter itself is a 7 out of 5 so I’m not losing sleep.

Edited by Jarlaxle
  • Like 4

"We're not here for a long time... we're here for a good time." 

Mizuno JPX 900 Driver w/ Speeder Evo II 661 Stiff
Mizuno JPX 900 3W, 5W w/ Speeder Evo II 661 Stiff
Titleist AP3 4, 5 irons w/ Project X LZ 6.0
Titleist AP2 6 - GW irons w/ Project X LZ 6.0

Callaway Jaws Tour Grey 54S & 58x w/ Project X LZ 6.0O

Odyssey 2-Ball Ten Tour Lined
Shapland Stand Bag 2.3

Clicgear 4.0

7 hours ago, SFloridaGolf954 said:

Did you sell your 2021 5.5? Are there any differences between the 22 and 21 version, minus the sole?

I was still within my 90 days at golf galaxy so I just exchanged the 21 for the 22, the 22 the milling pattern on the top looks a bit more defined not much tho, the front of the face now says Scotty Cameron instead of the big X, and obviously the bottom plate. Other then that it’s identical. Still feels and sounds the same. Already added my 15g black weights. 

A09358A7-CD32-470D-BE64-15F20CB1924F.jpeg

• Like 2

2 hours ago, BeachsideGolfer said:

I was still within my 90 days at golf galaxy so I just exchanged the 21 for the 22, the 22 the milling pattern on the top looks a bit more defined not much tho, the front of the face now says Scotty Cameron instead of the big X, and obviously the bottom plate. Other then that it’s identical. Still feels and sounds the same. Already added my 15g black weights. 

A09358A7-CD32-470D-BE64-15F20CB1924F.jpeg

-Where did you get the black 15g weights?

-I like the look of the head cover in person but it's annoying having two velcro pieces straddle the shaft when I'm used to a newport head cover that slides on/off so easy and quick.

Titleist TSR3 8 deg - Fujikura Ventus TR Black 6X

Titleist TSi3 15 deg - Fujikura Ventus Black 8X

Titleist TSR3 19 deg - Fujikura Ventus Black HB 9TX

Titleist T200 4 - TT DG TI X100

Titleist T100 (2019) 5-PW - TT DG TI X100

Vokey SM10 Jet Black 50.12 F - TT DG TI X100

Vokey SM10 Jet Black 54.14 F - TT DG TI S400

Vokey SM10 Jet Black 58.08 M - TT DG TI S400

Scotty Cameron Phantom X 5.5

Titleist ProV1

10 hours ago, Jarlaxle said:

Went to the event at the Roswell, GA PGASS this AM.  I need a face balanced putter and I loved the looks of the 5 the first time I saw it. The problem is, I have been on the lookout for one to just roll some putts with for months and months to no avail (tried the 5.5 and it didn’t work at all). I got the notice about the launch event and figured this was my chance to see once and for all if the 5 was the putter for me. Spent 45 minutes to an hour putting including back to back vs. my gamer and it was the clear choice. That said, I wanted to be sure it was perfect so I still did a fitting using SAM lab. I drained putt after putt and the only recommended adjustment was to knock off 1 degree of loft.  

P.S. These pictures were taken when I bought the putter this AM. I then played nine this afternoon and after using it would rate the headcover around 3 out of 5. The good news is, the putter itself is a 7 out of 5 so I’m not losing sleep.

I’m debating on whether to get fit or not. I was fit a couple years ago for a Vault 2.0 Ping Putter and if I can remember correctly the fitter recommended loft adjustments as well and did it right there in the fitting. Was this the case at the PGASS??

I’m looking at the 5.5 or 7.5 myself, but am thinking I should go get fit and see what really suits me.

2 hours ago, HappyGilmore22 said:

-Where did you get the black 15g weights?

-I like the look of the head cover in person but it's annoying having two velcro pieces straddle the shaft when I'm used to a newport head cover that slides on/off so easy and quick.

These are the ones I ordered. Fitment and color is great, got a ton of compliments on my other 5.5 with these. I actually took the rubber gaskets off the 10g oem and put them on the black for a more snug fit.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/384516373124

and I agree with you, headcover looks nice but the double Velcro is super annoying 

• Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, Unteachable said:

can anyone who has hit both give me an idea on how the face feels compared to the ping pld.  The ping is a little too soft so i was curious if its firmer

I hit the new Pld prime Tyne 4 back to back. The ping was a little softer but had a higher pitch sound to it off the face. The Scotty feels firmer but not by much. The ping head size is smaller and prefer the size of the 5.5, I was turned off by the fact that the ping head was made in China vs a Scotty that’s milled in the USA. But just personal preference 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Jarlaxle said:

How was the selection there? I wanted to go this morning, but had company. Want to try to roll the 5.5 and 7.5 in the next couple of days.

Life before death. Strength before weakness. Journey before destination.

Driver:| Cobra LTDx LS w/ Fujikura Atmos Tour Spec 7x

3 Wood:| Callaway Rogue ST LS w/ Tensei AV White 75x

Hybo:  | Ping G425 22º w/ Ping Tour 85x

Irons: | Srixon ZX7 4-AW w/ Steelfiber i110cw s

Wedges:| Titleist Vokey SM9 56º, 60º 

Putter:| Byron Morgan DH89

For those wondering, I bought a TM Vault Koi cover for my 5.5. I know it's not brand matching but damn I really don't like looking at the stock cover and the dual velcro. 

Ping G430 Max Driver

Titleist TSR2 5 Fairway
Titleist U505 4
Mizuno T22 54D, 60X

Odyssey Jailbird Cruiser

13 hours ago, SethO said:

How was the selection there? I wanted to go this morning, but had company. Want to try to roll the 5.5 and 7.5 in the next couple of days.

The stores that had the launch event got around 40 total putters whereas the regular stores may have only gotten 10-12. This is what I was told. I wasn't able to make it over for the event and had a 90 day trade available to me at Edwin Watts so I grabbed my 7 there.

• Like 1

On 4/16/2022 at 5:58 PM, Big_BenB said:

Still waiting on my 7.5 from Carl’s.. haven’t gotten shipping info yet. Still shows a 34” in stock on the website which is what I ordered, so hopefully it’ll go out Monday. Also ordered a solid black/grey Pistolero Plus off the bay because I cannot stand the look of the stock grip.

Carls sent my 9 out Thursday (4-14-22) and I received it Friday the 15th. I would call them Monday to find out what's up.

On 4/16/2022 at 10:25 AM, Beej said:

I’m debating on whether to get fit or not. I was fit a couple years ago for a Vault 2.0 Ping Putter and if I can remember correctly the fitter recommended loft adjustments as well and did it right there in the fitting. Was this the case at the PGASS??

I’m looking at the 5.5 or 7.5 myself, but am thinking I should go get fit and see what really suits me.

Yes, the fitter adjusted the loft on site. Had I needed more extended modifications my plan was to order the putter built to spec and have it shipped to me. That said, I was stoked that I could walk out w/ the exact putter I fell in love with and it rolls like a dream.

Shapland Stand Bag 2.3

Clicgear 4.0

15 hours ago, awtryau89 said:

The stores that had the launch event got around 40 total putters whereas the regular stores may have only gotten 10-12. This is what I was told. I wasn't able to make it over for the event and had a 90 day trade available to me at Edwin Watts so I grabbed my 7 there.

I was told my green grass club got some of the new ones too. We haven’t had a Phantom Scotty in the pro shop since I became a member back in 2020.

Shapland Stand Bag 2.3

Clicgear 4.0

Oh man that 7.5 checks all the boxes for me and I’m not even a Cameron guy. 

Callaway Triple Diamond LS 9* | Diamana D Limited 60tx

Titleist TSi3 15* | Ventus TR 7x

Titleist TSi3 18* | Ventus TR 8x
Srixon ZX7 4-p | DG x100
Vokey SM8 50|54|58 - DG x100
Scotty Newport 2
TP5x 

9 hours ago, Golfdoctor said:

Carls sent my 9 out Thursday (4-14-22) and I received it Friday the 15th. I would call them Monday to find out what's up.

My shipping notification was in my email this morning. I jumped back on to check the website and they only have the custom order option available now, so I got mine right in the nick of time.

22 hours ago, awtryau89 said:

Thanks for the info. Seems like I may have missed the train. I bet 40 putters will go pretty fast.

Life before death. Strength before weakness. Journey before destination.

Driver:| Cobra LTDx LS w/ Fujikura Atmos Tour Spec 7x

3 Wood:| Callaway Rogue ST LS w/ Tensei AV White 75x

Hybo:  | Ping G425 22º w/ Ping Tour 85x

Irons: | Srixon ZX7 4-AW w/ Steelfiber i110cw s

Wedges:| Titleist Vokey SM9 56º, 60º 

Putter:| Byron Morgan DH89