Utility Iron: Titleist 718 AP3, 19°

Irons: Titleist 718 AP1, 5-GW, 24°-48°
UW: Titleist Vokey SM8, 52°F

LW: Titleist Vokey SM8, 60°D
Putter: Gauge G2 Big Dog, 35"
Ball: Bridgestone Tour B RX
Bag: Sun Mountain Metro Sunday Bag

6 hours ago, nsxguy said:

Probably won't matter but these effin coaches NEVER learn.

Huskies, instead of having Penix dance around a little and give himself up, HAND the ball off. Fumble anyone ?

OK, so they don't fumble BUT they hand Texas a CHANCE by their runner getting HURT and the clock stops.

So instead of Texas getting the ball deep with only about 15 seconds, Huskies are punting with 50 seconds.

Idiocy, just idiocy.

And LOL, a Huskie cover guy interferes with the fair catch and gives 'em a free 15. LMAO

That’s pretty much what I was thinking.

But just purely speculative thinking, by handing off you at least have a small chance of snagging a first down and not even having to punt. Where there are a myriad of bad things that can go wrong. I mean, a complete clock stopping injury on a straight dive play, it’s just one of those fluke things that happen. But I think I’d probably take the knee and bank on not letting them go 80 yards in 15 seconds. 

But running into the punt returner!  Oh man, what a boneheaded move. 

What a finish to the game. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, tatertot said:

Even though Alabama beat Georgia a month ago ... On the field ... Georgia should still be identified as a better team than Alabama ...

Maybe we should consider the Patriots as Super Bowl 42 champs, too? After all, they had a better season, and a much better roster.

Just like I said.  Even though Oklahoma beat Texas …. On the field. … it doesn’t make them the better team.  A 3 point loss to a team ranked outside the top 5 in a conference title game doesn’t pull them up above that team in any world except this playoff scene.  Which is as politically contrived as anything on earth.  They got their 4 corners of  the country lineup.  The money men are happy. But the best team isn’t in the playoff.  I’m not saying crowned champs. I’m saying given a shot.  The conference title games aren’t in the playoff. But they’re-used as such when it’s convenient and ignored when it’s not. 

Nobody here would take their mortgage money without a backup plan and  bet even odds on their team beating Georgia.  

we’re going to see ( those who watch ) an easy win by Washington next week.  It’ll be a ratings bonanza !  

Cobra LTD X 9* Hzrdus RDX blue 

TM Sim2 max tour  16* GD  ADHD 8x 

Ping i530 4-Uw AWT 2.0 

Mizuno T22 raw 52-56-60 s400

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

1 hour ago, golfortennis said:

Because the winner of the toss got to choose whether to take the ball or defend first.

Right. But why does that give the loser field choice ?  It gave  Michigan an advantage.  Why wouldn’t each team play to the opposite end ?  

Edited by bladehunter

Ping i530 4-Uw AWT 2.0 

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

28 minutes ago, bladehunter said:

Just like I said.  Even though Oklahoma beat Texas …. On the field. … it doesn’t make them the better team.  A 3 point loss to a team ranked outside the top 5 in a conference title game doesn’t pull them up above that team in any world except this playoff scene.  Which is as politically contrived as anything on earth.  They got their 4 corners of  the country lineup.  The money men are happy. But the best team isn’t in the playoff.  I’m not saying crowned champs. I’m saying given a shot.  The conference title games aren’t in the playoff. But they’re-used as such when it’s convenient and ignored when it’s not. 

Nobody here would take their mortgage money without a backup plan and  bet even odds on their team beating Georgia.  

we’re going to see ( those who watch ) an easy win by Washington next week.  It’ll be a ratings bonanza !  

Actually it will be the first title game I will watch in years.  So tired of your type of thinking regarding crowning a champion.  The games have to matter.  Eye test is the most lame excuse for crowning a champion with the most NIL and recruiting success.  Georgia has no business in the championship game.  The two superior on the field teams that won every game do.  Nobody feels bad for Georgia except SEC homers.  Because well.... it just means more.

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, bladehunter said:

C’mon Blade, you’ve been around the college game long enough to know it has ALWAYS mattered when you lost. Lose early, you can come back, lose late, you’re likely out. It’s not the NFL where just the record matters. Always has been that way, and always will as long as subjective opinions are placing teams into slots. Next year there will arguments about teams sitting at 12-14. 

Tom Osborn said years ago when the conference championship games started that people were going to be upset because having this extra game was going to cost conferences national titles. And it has, and it probably did this year. Is Georgia likely the best team in the country? Probably. But they didn’t win WHEN it mattered. 

And before we go back to Michigan only

had to play Iowa (which is true), the de facto championship game was the week prior. And everyone knows that. 

• Like 2

One cannot make a serious argument that any of the four teams in the semifinals was not one of the best four teams.

One can make a serious argument that UGA got screwed, because that team is damn good.  The counter is they lost a de facto playoff game, and again, who are you taking out of the four to put UGA in?

One could say FSU got screwed too, but again, I have no idea how you could say they should be in there instead of Alabama or Texas.

I'll stand back now as I am sure an attempted argument is coming.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Adaptive Golf.....look out for the one-armed man:

Ping G425 Max Driver, 5W, 7W....+2"

PXG 0211 hybrids, 25*, 28*, 31*….+2”

Sub70 699 8i - SW….+4”

Bobby Grace F-22 side saddle

5 minutes ago, mshills said:

One cannot make a serious argument that any of the four teams in the semifinals was not one of the best four teams.

One can make a serious argument that UGA got screwed, because that team is damn good.  The counter is they lost a de facto playoff game, and again, who are you taking out of the four to put UGA in?

One could say FSU got screwed too, but again, I have no idea how you could say they should be in there instead of Alabama or Texas.

I'll stand back now as I am sure an attempted argument is coming.

19 minutes ago, deadsolid...shank said:

C’mon Blade, you’ve been around the college game long enough to know it has ALWAYS mattered when you lost. Lose early, you can come back, lose late, you’re likely out. It’s not the NFL where just the record matters. Always has been that way, and always will as long as subjective opinions are placing teams into slots. Next year there will arguments about teams sitting at 12-14. 

Tom Osborn said years ago when the conference championship games started that people were going to be upset because having this extra game was going to cost conferences national titles. And it has, and it probably did this year. Is Georgia likely the best team in the country? Probably. But they didn’t win WHEN it mattered. 

And before we go back to Michigan only

had to play Iowa (which is true), the de facto championship game was the week prior. And everyone knows that. 

See.  I’m not disagreeing with you as much as you think.  The other guy just can’t understand what a team they left out. That’s the gripe in chief.  

the argument is the double standard.  Is it record ?  Or is it conference title ?  Which are we choosing by ?  If it’s conference title. How is Florida state not in ? They said “ well we used the eye test “. Ok.  👌. Ok.  So how’s Georgia out ? “ well. We used the conference title  game “.    Oh ..,, fence riding.  lol.  Ok.  

that in a nutshell is my gripe.  The lack of rules and qualifications to choose the 4.  And the political arguments that come from that grey area system.  You’re both smart reasonable  guys. You know exactly what my gripe is. The setup. And it’s conveniently hypocritical nature . Not that I’m a Georgia fan.  I’m not. That’s the funniest part. 

Ping i530 4-Uw AWT 2.0 

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

49 minutes ago, vallygolf said:

Actually it will be the first title game I will watch in years.  So tired of your type of thinking regarding crowning a champion.  The games have to matter.  Eye test is the most lame excuse for crowning a champion with the most NIL and recruiting success.  Georgia has no business in the championship game.  The two superior on the field teams that won every game do.  Nobody feels bad for Georgia except SEC homers.  Because well.... it just means more.

Ok. So no eye test.  You are good with FSU being in then ?   

Ping i530 4-Uw AWT 2.0 

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

4 minutes ago, bladehunter said:

Ok. So no eye test.  You are good with FSU being in then ?   

This year 100%  Should have been FSU.  We would still have a Mich/Was final, the two best teams on the field still end up in the championship.  Also, im curious where you get off implying that nobody is going to watch the championship game.  The last title game to have any real TV chops was OSU/Oregon.  Twice the TV numbers of Ga/TCU and a third more than any other Georgia national championship game.  I anticipate this championship will have higher TV ratings than any of the Alabama or Georgia NC games.  

8 minutes ago, bladehunter said:

See.  I’m not disagreeing with you as much as you think.  The other guy just can’t understand what a team they left out. That’s the gripe in chief.  

the argument is the double standard.  Is it record ?  Or is it conference title ?  Which are we choosing by ?  If it’s conference title. How is Florida state not in ? They said “ well we used the eye test “. Ok.  👌. Ok.  So how’s Georgia out ? “ well. We used the conference title  game “.    Oh ..,, fence riding.  lol.  Ok.  

that in a nutshell is my gripe.  The lack of rules and qualifications to choose the 4.  And the political arguments that come from that grey area system.  You’re both smart reasonable  guys. You know exactly what my gripe is. The setup. And it’s conveniently hypocritical nature . Not that I’m a Georgia fan.  I’m not. That’s the funniest part. 

I get that argument Blade. I really do.

All I can say is it truly is  a case of extenuating circumstances. Losing Travis for FSU completely changed that team. They lost their most important player. Everyone  knew  weren’t going to able to compete. 
And in the end, they did take four conference champions. They simply bumped the one who least likely to be competitive. 

The bottom line in CFB has always  been, you can’t lose late (take note of the cupcake the SEC teams always schedule late in the season). Hence when teams do play a good out of conference opponent, they do it early. Alabama lost early and had enough time to climb back. As long as subjective measurements are being used , it’s always going to happen. Including next year. 

16 minutes ago, vallygolf said:

This year 100%  Should have been FSU.  We would still have a Mich/Was final, the two best teams on the field still end up in the championship.  Also, im curious where you get off implying that nobody is going to watch the championship game.  The last title game to have any real TV chops was OSU/Oregon.  Twice the TV numbers of Ga/TCU and a third more than any other Georgia national championship game.  I anticipate this championship will have higher TV ratings than any of the Alabama or Georgia NC games.  

I have to ask using your terminology, what type of homer are you?

Ping i530 4-Uw AWT 2.0 

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

16 minutes ago, deadsolid...shank said:

I get that argument Blade. I really do.

All I can say is it truly is  a case of extenuating circumstances. Losing Travis for FSU completely changed that team. They lost their most important player. Everyone  knew  weren’t going to able to compete. 
And in the end, they did take four conference champions. They simply bumped the one who least likely to be competitive. 

The bottom line in CFB has always  been, you can’t lose late (take note of the cupcake the SEC teams always schedule late in the season). Hence when teams do play a good out of conference opponent, they do it early. Alabama lost early and had enough time to climb back. As long as subjective measurements are being used , it’s always going to happen. Including next year. 

At least we can look forward to next year being better.  Seeing teams actually play head to head will quiet alot of this.  

• Like 1

Ping i530 4-Uw AWT 2.0 

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

37 minutes ago, bladehunter said:

I don’t understand why people are downplaying Alabama

They strait up beat Georgia. Ran for over 110 yards. 

And Michigan needed a last minute score and OT to win. And Alabamas QB played like crap. 

Would have been great to see Georgia and Michigan though but they could have beat Alabama and left no question they should be

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, bladehunter said:

I have to ask using your terminology, what type of homer are you?

One that thinks that games on the field matter more than any form of subjectivity....Always...Period.  The only way subjectivity should be used is when you have more undefeated teams than slots.

**Head to head is the king of objectivity.

**Conference Champion is the Queen

Georgia lost out on both

Edited by vallygolf
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, vallygolf said:

One that thinks that games on the field matter more than any form of subjectivity....Always...Period.  The only way subjectivity should be used is when you have more undefeated teams than slots.

Georgia lost out on both

I have to be honest. I hoped for a more honest answer. You hinted at it with your comment on how this will be the first one you’ll watch in a long time.  Why ?  Can’t be because of acute objective reasoning ?  No ?  🤣.   All I’m driving at is this.  Don’t whine about my whining. Unless you’re willing  to own it.  I know I’m bias.  Fully admit it. Own it. Love it. You Do the same.  We can be friendly guys who don’t agree. 

• Haha 1

Ping i530 4-Uw AWT 2.0 

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, vallygolf said:

Georgia lost out on both

You think you can argue with blade?!

IMG_8279.jpeg

🤣🍻

Edited by bscinstnct
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

42 minutes ago, bladehunter said:

I have to be honest. I hoped for a more honest answer. You hinted at it with your comment on how this will be the first one you’ll watch in a long time.  Why ?  Can’t be because of acute objective reasoning ?  No ?  🤣.   All I’m driving at is this.  Don’t whine about my whining. Unless you’re willing  to own it.  I know I’m bias.  Fully admit it. Own it. Love it. You Do the same.  We can be friendly guys who don’t agree. 

Never said I didnt have bias.  For sure I do.  I am interested in lots of things.  College football championships have not been one of those things for the past few years.  I had less than no interest (that is a bias) in watching Ga/Al part two a few years ago.  My bias is a complete distaste for subjective championships when there are so few participants.  4 is better at least than the BCS, and 12 will be much better as long as they take the eye test out and give teams that proved it on the field during games a shot.  Yes I have bias.

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, vallygolf said:

Never said I didnt have bias.  For sure I do.  I am interested in lots of things.  College football championships have not been one of those things for the past few years.  I had less than no interest (that is a bias) in watching Ga/Al part two a few years ago.  My bias is a complete distaste for subjective championships when there are so few participants.  4 is better at least than the BCS, and 12 will be much better as long as they take the eye test out and give teams that proved it on the field during games a shot.  Yes I have bias.

See there. We don’t disagree much.  

Ping i530 4-Uw AWT 2.0 

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

1 hour ago, bscinstnct said:

I don’t understand why people are downplaying Alabama

They strait up beat Georgia. Ran for over 110 yards. 

And Michigan needed a last minute score and OT to win. And Alabamas QB played like crap. 

Would have been great to see Georgia and Michigan though but they could have beat Alabama and left no question they should be

The issue you’re seeing online is that we know what we see.  Down here Bama , UGA , lsu and Florida ( plus Clemson ) is on prime spots every Saturday ( or Thursday night).  We know that the Bama team this year isn’t even top 10 material going back to the early 2000s.  And we know how good and deep the UGA team is. So we know that the best wasn’t sent.  What you had was the Bama team doing what Saban does. Coach them up to their Sunday best, and they met a UGA team that was on their worst day.  They looked like a team the day after prom night.  Hungover , scratching themselves, in a daze.  Why ?  I don’t know.  I’d say every team has a game like this.  Bad luck to have it at that time. Then you add in a couple favorable calls or non calls and you have a 3 point loss.  Ok.  Fair enough. Let’s say it is what it is.  

that Alabama team goes in and does exactly what we feared it would do.  Beat itself.  So now the peace that had been made with the UGA snub , is opened back up.  Because we’ve been proven correct.  Look at Sabans response to losing. He wasn’t even shocked or disappointed. He knew he had stolen a spot, and didn’t have the goods.  

bama QB is like watching cam newton in the nfl.  Lots of amazingly good. Followed by spurts of the most WTH happened string of plays you’ll ever see.  His good is good. His bad is the worst I’ve seen of any qB this year.  I mean it’s just horrible. The fumble.  The goal line give up at the end.  Several passes to nobody .  Several zone reads where he just gives it off in traffic and watches his man get taken for a loss.  

so not arguing at all here. No need for the peanut gallery to jump on what I’m saying.  This is just how I see why Bama is getting dragged.  It’s a frustration with the secs ability to kill its best.  And send a 8-9th ranked team in its place.  

Ping i530 4-Uw AWT 2.0 

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

26 minutes ago, vallygolf said:

I thought you would come around.  Nobody can objectively think Georgia should be in.  🙃

lol.  We aren’t going to agree on that and the requirements for getting in are not objective. It’s quite subjective in fact.  That’s the issue.  We can’t live in pretend land. We have to live where we are.  There is no objective rules for getting in.  

Ping i530 4-Uw AWT 2.0 

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

14 minutes ago, bladehunter said:

The issue you’re seeing online is that we know what we see.  Down here Bama , UGA , lsu and Florida ( plus Clemson ) is on prime spots every Saturday ( or Thursday night).  We know that the Bama team this year isn’t even top 10 material going back to the early 2000s.  And we know how good and deep the UGA team is. So we know that the best wasn’t sent.  What you had was the Bama team doing what Saban does. Coach them up to their Sunday best, and they met a UGA team that was on their worst day.  They looked like a team the day after prom night.  Hungover , scratching themselves, in a daze.  Why ?  I don’t know.  I’d say every team has a game like this.  Bad luck to have it at that time. Then you add in a couple favorable calls or non calls and you have a 3 point loss.  Ok.  Fair enough. Let’s say it is what it is.  

that Alabama team goes in and does exactly what we feared it would do.  Beat itself.  So now the peace that had been made with the UGA snub , is opened back up.  Because we’ve been proven correct.  Look at Sabans response to losing. He wasn’t even shocked or disappointed. He knew he had stolen a spot, and didn’t have the goods.  

bama QB is like watching cam newton in the nfl.  Lots of amazingly good. Followed by spurts of the most WTH happened string of plays you’ll ever see.  His good is good. His bad is the worst I’ve seen of any qB this year.  I mean it’s just horrible. The fumble.  The goal line give up at the end.  Several passes to nobody .  Several zone reads where he just gives it off in traffic and watches his man get taken for a loss.  

so not arguing at all here. No need for the peanut gallery to jump on what I’m saying.  This is just how I see why Bama is getting dragged.  It’s a frustration with the secs ability to kill its best.  And send a 8-9th ranked team in its place.  

I guess then it boils down to this. If a mediocre Alabama team beat Georgia, then maybe Georgia wasn’t so powerful in the first place. 

They played it out on the field and Georgia lost. I really dont know what more you could want than head to head. 
And remember Georgia wasn’t even next in line. FSU at least has a legitimate gripe, Georgia doesn’t. They lost. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, bladehunter said:

Here I thought you were reasonable.... and then this.  If you wonder why most people (icluding the souths "shill" Finebaum even today) feel that college football is a freaking mess it is this kind of drivel about 8th best teams yada yada.  If the teams with the best players get unlimited chances it isnt "sport" any more.  Championships will be soley won with NIL and TV rights.  It seems like that is the koolaid you are pushing.

**With this kind of subjective talk.  Lets just Crown Oregon now.  I know they are 10x better than Georgia.  (that is subjective sarcasm)

Edited by vallygolf
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, deadsolid...shank said:

I guess then it boils down to this. If a mediocre Alabama team beat Georgia, then maybe Georgia wasn’t so powerful in the first place. 

They played it out on the field and Georgia lost. I really dont know what more you could want than head to head. 
And remember Georgia wasn’t even next in line. FSU at least has a legitimate gripe, Georgia doesn’t. They lost. 

Just a quick look and I see GA run defense was flashing warning signs all year. 

they gave up 220 yards on the ground versus Auburn. 

Over the course of 4 quarters, unless they were missing key personnel, can’t argue that Alabama just didn’t beat them head to head in the trenches. 

4 hours ago, bladehunter said:

Right. But why does that give the loser field choice ?  It gave  Michigan an advantage.  Why wouldn’t each team play to the opposite end ?  

You don't get both choices.  Michigan could have conceivably chosen the end of the field and let Alabama decide which team would play first.

Go back to the Lions coach who took the wind in overtime in one game.  He could have taken the ball, but choose to play in a direction that favored his team, and thus let the opponent decide whether they wanted the ball or not. 

11 minutes ago, deadsolid...shank said:

when I say mediocre I’m comparing Bama to itself.  

I don’t think FSU is in line.  There’s no world where I put them in to get beat on by Michigan.  Similarly. If Washington’s QB gets hurt. I’d leave them out. They aren’t the same team without him.  Not close.  All besides the point. All we’re doing is posting reasons why 4team playoff  will never find the best team.  Or be fair to all contenders. Was stupid of them to try.  

Ping i530 4-Uw AWT 2.0 

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

2 minutes ago, bladehunter said:

All we’re doing is posting reasons why 4team playoff  will never find the best team.  Or be fair to all contenders. Was stupid of them to try.  

The 4 team playoff has identified the best team every year.  Tell me what year it failed to do so.  This year, the winner will be 15-0 and the undisputed champ.

Even if someone wants to believe UGA would beat Michigan or Washington, they are welcome to believe that, but UGA could not win the SEC title game so they removed themselves from contention, and try as I might, I cannot see how that is not fair.

• Like 2

Adaptive Golf.....look out for the one-armed man:

Ping G425 Max Driver, 5W, 7W....+2"

PXG 0211 hybrids, 25*, 28*, 31*….+2”

Sub70 699 8i - SW….+4”

Bobby Grace F-22 side saddle