2024 Wells Fargo Championship WITB Photos Ɨ

Da 2023 college fooball šŸˆ

bscinstnct

14 minutes ago, bladehunter said:

Then why ask me ? Ā This is the problem. . Ā Donā€™t want to hear it. Donā€™t ask. Ā This is how I get revved up. Ā You can go back and look , itā€™s always in response , im rarely an attacker. But folks ask question they donā€™t want answers to. Then complain of my response. Ā šŸ¤£. Ā Iā€™m not at all sore at you or anybody. Ā But again. You asked. Ā šŸ˜‰.Ā 
Ā 

to the question Iā€™ll add. Ā The rant comes from folks talking to me as if my original opinion was crazy. Ā Unfounded. Maybe even a troll job. Ā Neither is true. Ā But thatā€™s how it was refuted. Ā Now. After the fact , coaches , media etc who vote , seem to agree with what I said. Ā And if they donā€™t know the most on the topic. . Ā Who does ? Ā I didnā€™t search out that info. Didnā€™t give it another thought. But ye olde Google feed sent the headlines my way. Ā Each time I clicked. Read. Laughed. Copied the link and posted it. @bscinstnctdirectly , because it was part of a productive conversation we were having. Ā Mainly for fun. Ā 
Ā 

All because of being talked to like Iā€™m crazy. Ā All the while , and several openly admitted after , that they at least partially agreed , and fully understood what I was saying , even though at the time they pretend to not , instead leaning to their own biases while calling me ā€œ Homer ā€œ etc. which Iā€™m cool with so long as everyone can admit their own. Ā Surprise. They didnā€™t. Ā Some even quip Ā after the fact about their team being a 12th seed for next years playoff. Knowing full well their team isnā€™t top 25. Ā šŸ¤£ā€¦but hey. Iā€™m sure the coaches and the press know less than those here. If you notice , I agreed with anyone who would simply concede that the system is obviously flawed to the point of being silly. Ā  Ā That was the point. Ā 

My post was more of a statement in nature than a question blade. Sorry for the confusion šŸ˜Š

56 minutes ago, TiScape said:

My post was more of a statement in nature than a question blade. Sorry for the confusion šŸ˜Š

Ā 

The blade be like

Ā 

giphy.gif

• Haha 3

Callaway Epic Flash SZ 9.0 Ventus Blue 6S

Ping G425 14.5 Fairway Tour AD TP 6X

Ping G425 MAX 20.5 7 wood Diamana Blue 70 S

Ping G20 5-PW DGS300 Yellow Dot

Ping Glide Pro 48*

Taylormade MG3 52*, 56*, TW 60* DGS200

LAB Mezz Max 35*, RED, Black Accra

Callaway Tour TruTrack Yellow

Ā 

1 hour ago, bladehunter said:

Bigger news. Saban is retiring. Ā How much will they pay Dabo to come to Tuscaloosa!?Ā 

Ā 

He no dummy

Ā 

The next generation of players is not going to be like you tell them,

Ā 

ā€Jump!ā€

Ā 

And they say,,

Ā 

ā€œYes coach! How high?!ā€

Ā 

Next gen be like,

Ā 

ā€Maaannn, you jump, old man, Iā€™m on the phone with Taco Bell, clockin digits yo!ā€

Ā 

But, Harbaugh showed you can work the portal and NIL and build a great team of guys who are ā€œwith the programā€

Ā 

But gonna be crazy days tryin be a big time college coach going forwardĀ 
Ā 

• Haha 1

Bigger news. Saban is retiring. Ā How much will they pay Dabo to come to Tuscaloosa!?Ā 

Ā 

As much as they've got.

Ā 

I'd be lying if I think he wouldn't possibly take that job.Ā  He might.Ā  I damn sure hope he doesn't.

Ā 

Either way.....I am still thankful I got to see the titles before CFB fouled their own nest.

• Thanks 1

Adaptive Golf.....look out for the one-armed man:

Ā  Ping G425 Max Driver, 5W, 7W....+2"

Ā  PXG 0211 hybrids, 25*, 28*, 31*ā€¦.+2ā€

Ā  Sub70 699 8i - SWā€¦.+4ā€

Ā  Bobby Grace F-22 side saddle

2 hours ago, bladehunter said:

Then why ask me ? Ā This is the problem. . Ā Donā€™t want to hear it. Donā€™t ask. Ā This is how I get revved up. Ā You can go back and look , itā€™s always in response , im rarely an attacker. But folks ask question they donā€™t want answers to. Then complain of my response. Ā šŸ¤£. Ā Iā€™m not at all sore at you or anybody. Ā But again. You asked. Ā šŸ˜‰.Ā 
Ā 

to the question Iā€™ll add. Ā The rant comes from folks talking to me as if my original opinion was crazy. Ā Unfounded. Maybe even a troll job. Ā Neither is true. Ā But thatā€™s how it was refuted. Ā Now. After the fact , coaches , media etc who vote , seem to agree with what I said. Ā And if they donā€™t know the most on the topic. . Ā Who does ? Ā I didnā€™t search out that info. Didnā€™t give it another thought. But ye olde Google feed sent the headlines my way. Ā Each time I clicked. Read. Laughed. Copied the link and posted it. @bscinstnctdirectly , because it was part of a productive conversation we were having. Ā Mainly for fun. Ā 
Ā 

All because of being talked to like Iā€™m crazy. Ā All the while , and several openly admitted after , that they at least partially agreed , and fully understood what I was saying , even though at the time they pretend to not , instead leaning to their own biases while calling me ā€œ Homer ā€œ etc. which Iā€™m cool with so long as everyone can admit their own. Ā Surprise. They didnā€™t. Ā Some even quip Ā after the fact about their team being a 12th seed for next years playoff. Knowing full well their team isnā€™t top 25. Ā šŸ¤£ā€¦but hey. Iā€™m sure the coaches and the press know less than those here. If you notice , I agreed with anyone who would simply concede that the system is obviously flawed to the point of being silly. Ā  Ā That was the point. Ā 

The idea that Georgia was getting into the playoffs after losing the SEC title game was crazy. Not with the seasons other teams were having.

Ā 

BTW ... Most watched championship game in 4 years.

Ā 

Does this remind you of anybody?

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Edited by tatertot
  • Haha 1

Driver #1: Callaway Epic Max LS, 9Ā°

Driver #2: Adams Speedline F11, 9.5Ā°

Fairway: Callaway Rogue ST Max LS, 18Ā°

Utility Iron: Titleist 718 AP3, 19Ā°

Irons:Ā Titleist 718 AP1, 5-GW, 24Ā°-48Ā°
UW: Titleist Vokey SM8, 52Ā°F

LW: Titleist Vokey SM8, 60Ā°D
Putter: Cameron Studio Style Newport 2.5, 33"
Ball: Bridgestone Tour B RX
Bag: Sun Mountain Metro Sunday Bag

10 hours ago, tatertot said:

The idea that Georgia was getting into the playoffs after losing the SEC title game was crazy. Not with the seasons other teams were having.

Ā 

BTW ... Most watched championship game in 4 years.

Ā 

Does this remind you of anybody?

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

I ainā€™t even able to read this. Ā Da football is over. Ā Our Season tickets for Dabasketball kicked in ! Ā  I was court side at the packed Wofford mighty Terriers ( sarcasm šŸ¤£) game last night. Ā The band was rockin , no cheerleader died ( but a couple came close )we got on TV Ā and we had BJ Mack sit beside us half the game. Ā One of our best players from last year that the portal sucked up and spit out at U of South Carolina .Ā 

IMG_1367.jpeg

• Like 2

Callaway epic max LS 9* GD-M9003 7xĀ 

TM Sim2 max tour Ā 16* GD Ā ADHD 8xĀ 

srixon zx 19* elements 9F5TĀ 

Cobra king SZ 25.5* KBS TD cat 5 70Ā 

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125txĀ 

Mizuno T22 raw 52-56-60 s400

LAB Mezz Max armlockĀ 

15 hours ago, mshills said:

Ā 

As much as they've got.

Ā 

I'd be lying if I think he wouldn't possibly take that job.Ā  He might.Ā  I damn sure hope he doesn't.

Ā 

Either way.....I am still thankful I got to see the titles before CFB fouled their own nest.

I just had to show this. Ā These idiots donā€™t know what a good thing is. Ā Students chanting ā€œ anyone but Daboā€. Ā Thatā€™s amazingly ignorant to me. Heā€™s clearly the best to keep the program as itā€™s been known - alive. Ā  I understand you wanting to keep him. I agree with you. Ā But objectively thatā€™s also why heā€™s the best one to do it. Ā I donā€™t know how anyone could say anyone but Dabo ? Ā Scroll down for the video. Ā 
https://www.al.com/alabamafootball/2024/01/alabama-students-chant-who-they-dont-want-to-replace-nick-saban.html?outputType=amp

Ā 

Edited by bladehunter

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125txĀ 

LAB Mezz Max armlockĀ 

On 1/9/2024 at 7:29 PM, bscinstnct said:

Ā 

NIL will make college football programs into media/marketing organizations.Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

They already are.Ā  Whenever suits are challenged as to why they should devote resources to this, they always trot out the "a successful football program leads to higher applications for admission, yada yada yada".Ā  Y'all keep thinking this stuff is about "purity of competition" or any of that other pabulum. That's what the suits tell you to keep you interested, but it's always, first and foremost, about business.Ā  Namely separating you from your money.Ā  They just need to dress it up because if they are honest about it, then you'll just direct it towards the NFL, NBA, etc.Ā Ā 

Ā 

(I am using the royal "you", not you specifically)

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, golfortennis said:

Ā 

They already are.Ā  Whenever suits are challenged as to why they should devote resources to this, they always trot out the "a successful football program leads to higher applications for admission, yada yada yada".Ā  Y'all keep thinking this stuff is about "purity of competition" or any of that other pabulum. That's what the suits tell you to keep you interested, but it's always, first and foremost, about business.Ā  Namely separating you from your money.Ā  They just need to dress it up because if they are honest about it, then you'll just direct it towards the NFL, NBA, etc.Ā Ā 

Ā 

ā€œThey already are. ā€œ

Ā 

as I said, in the very post you quoted,

Ā 

ā€œNotreĀ Dame just hired the former Chairman of NBC Sports as itsā€¦Athletic Director.ā€

Ā 

Ā 

Nobody thinks this is about anything besides money. Everything is always about money.

Ā 

But nobody cares. All anybody cares about isĀ 

Ā 

What is good for me to watch on šŸ“ŗ while I eat potato chips šŸ¤£

Ā 

Ā 

IMG_8717.jpeg

Edited by bscinstnct

I just had to show this. Ā These idiots donā€™t know what a good thing is. Ā Students chanting ā€œ anyone but Daboā€. Ā Thatā€™s amazingly ignorant to me. Heā€™s clearly the best to keep the program as itā€™s been known - alive. Ā  I understand you wanting to keep him. I agree with you. Ā But objectively thatā€™s also why heā€™s the best one to do it. Ā I donā€™t know how anyone could say anyone but Dabo ? Ā Scroll down for the video. Ā 
https://www.al.com/alabamafootball/2024/01/alabama-students-chant-who-they-dont-want-to-replace-nick-saban.html?outputType=amp

Ā 

Ā 

LOL, man that is some deep ignorance there no doubt.Ā  However....looks like about 20 students out of what, about 32,000 undergrads at Bama?Ā  Good for them, they got their 15 seconds of youtube fame.

Ā 

I don't get why they'd have that viewpoint other than clickbait.Ā  His whole career he's been nothing but complimentary of Alabama (for good reason) and Gene Stallings at 88 years young is still a very close friend and mentor.Ā  Why would they not want someone who is from there, played there, and coached there?Ā  Anyhow, I think "they" is about 25 people.

Ā 

Ā 

• Like 1

Ā 

I love Dabo ... But he hasn't shown he can compete at the top level in the new NIL/portal landscape.

Ā 

That being said ... He'd be my first choice at Bama, or just about anywhere else, especially the south.

• Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, mshills said:

Ā 

LOL, man that is some deep ignorance there no doubt.Ā  However....looks like about 20 students out of what, about 32,000 undergrads at Bama?Ā  Good for them, they got their 15 seconds of youtube fame.

Ā 

I don't get why they'd have that viewpoint other than clickbait.Ā  His whole career he's been nothing but complimentary of Alabama (for good reason) and Gene Stallings at 88 years young is still a very close friend and mentor.Ā  Why would they not want someone who is from there, played there, and coached there?Ā  Anyhow, I think "they" is about 25 people.

Ā 

Ā 

Yep. I know. Definitely agree there. I guess Iā€™m just always the shocked one with people. Ā Iā€™m actually an eternal optimist , the negativity you see is generally the response to people proving me wrong yet again šŸ¤£. Ā Meaning you give them the benefit of the doubt. And 25 of them will go ā€œ hold my beer ā€œ and prove you wrong. Ā šŸ¤Ø. Somehow those 25 were also the loudest. Ā  Itā€™s a paradox that I canā€™t seem to comprehend.Ā 

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125txĀ 

LAB Mezz Max armlockĀ 

24 minutes ago, tatertot said:

I love Dabo ... But he hasn't shown he can compete at the top level in the new NIL/portal landscape.

Ā 

That being said ... He'd be my first choice at Bama, or just about anywhere else, especially the south.

Yep. I see that too. But Iā€™d bet on him learning fast enough. Ā Heā€™s too young to retire yet. Ā I mean he can afford it. But he wonā€™t. Ā So he will adapt. Ā Iā€™m not sure Saban was doing the nil /portal dance well either. And might even lead to this decision earlier than nature might have dictated otherwise. Ā Ā 

I donā€™t think anyone is necessarily doing it well. Although Mich did a good job with it in context. Ā Will it last more than one season ? Ā As in do they have to completely rebuild the team to win anything next year , or do the rising seniors stay ? Ā And they only need to fill gaps ? Ā I donā€™t know the answer. Ā But I canā€™t believe that after All the fizzle is died , that the ncaa Ā intends to let a situation stand where every team rebuilds completely every year ? Ā Thats lunacy. Ā And will only breed Ā an NBA type situation where most money wins and they just trade championships via buying a team. Ā Every 5 years we buy the best team and win. Ā Thatā€™s not sports. Ā Thatā€™s more like pro wrestling. Ā Scripted.Ā 
Ā 

Ā 

who knows. I guess all we can do is wait.Ā 

Edited by bladehunter

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125txĀ 

LAB Mezz Max armlockĀ 

1 minute ago, bladehunter said:

Yep. I see that too. But Iā€™d bet on him learning fast enough. Ā Heā€™s too young to retire yet. Ā I mean he can afford it. But he wonā€™t. Ā So he will adapt. Ā Iā€™m not sure Saban was doing the nil /portal dance well either. And might even lead to this decision earlier than nature might have dictated otherwise. Ā Ā 

I donā€™t think anyone is necessarily doing it well. Although Mich did a good job with it in context. Ā Will it last more than one season ? Ā As in do they have to completely rebuild the team to win anything next year , or do the job seniors stay ? Ā And they only need to fill gaps ? Ā I donā€™t know the answer. Ā But I canā€™t believe that after All the fizzle is died , that the ncaa Ā intends to let a situation stand where every team rebuilds completely every year ? Ā Thats lunacy. Ā And will only breed Ā an NBA type situation where most money wins and they just trade championships via buying a team. Ā Every 5 years we buy the best team and win. Ā Thatā€™s not sports. Ā Thatā€™s more like pro wrestling. Ā Scripted.Ā 
Ā 

Ā 

who knows. I guess all we can do is wait.Ā 

I think the NIL/portal situation cut 3-5 years off Saban's career. He can still out-coach and out-recruit anybody in the country, I just don't think he wanted to deal with the changes. And I don't blame him.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, golfortennis said:

Ā 

Ā 

Agree there. But Iā€™m the odd ball who will actually stop watching. Iā€™ve seen me do it. Was the biggest baseball fan on earth pre 94. I quit cold turkey. Ā And I was a teen then. Ā It just turned me off. Ā Then the nba I went to. Ā They killed it. Somewhere around 2001 I stopped cold turkey. And went to college football. Ā Later golf. Ā Now theyā€™re all trying to sell the rest of their souls. šŸ¤·ā€ā™‚ļø. Ā 
Ā 

I understand the truth. It is for profit. Ā But at some point there was more balance. Ā Or at least enough illusion that it was palatable. Ā 

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125txĀ 

LAB Mezz Max armlockĀ 

1 minute ago, tatertot said:

I think the NIL/portal situation cut 3-5 years off Saban's career. He can still out-coach and out-recruit anybody in the country, I just don't think he wanted to deal with the changes. And I don't blame him.

Yep. Iā€™d have quit too. Enjoy the grandkids. Ā Spend some $. Ā Heā€™s smart. Ā No doubt.Ā 

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125txĀ 

LAB Mezz Max armlockĀ 

6 hours ago, bladehunter said:

I ainā€™t even able to read this. Ā Da football is over. Ā Our Season tickets for Dabasketball kicked in ! Ā  I was court side at the packed Wofford mighty Terriers ( sarcasm šŸ¤£) game last night. Ā The band was rockin , no cheerleader died ( but a couple came close )we got on TV Ā and we had BJ Mack sit beside us half the game. Ā One of our best players from last year that the portal sucked up and spit out at U of South Carolina .Ā 

IMG_1367.jpeg

What m I lookin at here blade? Is that ur sonā€™s HS šŸ€ team?Ā 

Quite frankly, I donā€™t know why anyone would be in a hurry to jump to the Bama job. Saben (and Bear Bryant before) made Alabama what is is. Without them itā€™s not like itā€™s a dream destination job.Ā 
Itā€™s not like their facilities are way above anyone elseā€™s, it not a recruiting hotbed. Itā€™s not a glamorous city like LA. The allure has been their success. But that was Sabenā€™s.Ā 
Ā 

Why would you leave the Oregon job for example, where there is boatloads of money and it easy to recruit to, to go follow a legend. How can someone succeed following Sabenā€™s legacy. Itā€™s almost a guaranteed fail. Take a look at Frank Solich who followed Tom Osborn at Nebraska.Ā 
Ā 

Travel is definitely easier in the SEC. Ā How many times will Oregon fly cross country next year? Ā While Bama travels what, 4-500 miles?

9 minutes ago, deadsolid...shank said:

Quite frankly, I donā€™t know why anyone would be in a hurry to jump to the Bama job. Saben (and Bear Bryant before) made Alabama what is is. Without them itā€™s not like itā€™s a dream destination job.Ā 
Itā€™s not like their facilities are way above anyone elseā€™s, it not a recruiting hotbed. Itā€™s not a glamorous city like LA. The allure has been their success. But that was Sabenā€™s.Ā 
Ā 

Why would you leave the Oregon job for example, where there is boatloads of money and it easy to recruit to, to go follow a legend. How can someone succeed following Sabenā€™s legacy. Itā€™s almost a guaranteed fail. Take a look at Frank Solich who followed Tom Osborn at Nebraska.Ā 
Ā 

Travel is definitely easier in the SEC. Ā How many times will Oregon fly cross country next year? Ā While Bama travels what, 4-500 miles?

Sure, but if Nick thought that way after Bear, there wouldnā€™t be a Saban and Alabama. šŸ¤·šŸ¼ā€ā™‚ļø Most of those guys are cut from a different cloth and want to ā€œclimb the ladderā€ and embrace the challenge.Ā 

Edited by TiScape

6 minutes ago, deadsolid...shank said:

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

I don't know about that....Bama's facilities are on par with anyone else's, and I think they just spent something like $275M on major renovations to football facilities (not the stadium) alone.Ā  Alabama is actually a recruiting hotbed that is also next to a couple other recruiting hotbeds (GA, FL, LA).Ā  Most importantly, you've got complete alignment on the importance of football and dedication to winning between the university administration, the AD, and the head FB coach -- something many schools don't always have.

Ā 

The main detraction is as you observed:Ā Ā it's always tough to follow the legendary leader, and for that reason alone it's going to be a real tough job to take.Ā  Six national titles is a high bar!

Ā 

Easy to forget Bama was in the wilderness for quite a number of years after Stallings retired.Ā  That whole situation was a mess before Saban got there.

• Like 2

Agree there. But Iā€™m the odd ball who will actually stop watching. Iā€™ve seen me do it. Was the biggest baseball fan on earth pre 94. I quit cold turkey. Ā And I was a teen then. Ā It just turned me off. Ā Then the nba I went to. Ā They killed it. Somewhere around 2001 I stopped cold turkey. And went to college football. Ā Later golf. Ā Now theyā€™re all trying to sell the rest of their souls. šŸ¤·ā€ā™‚ļø. Ā 
Ā 

I understand the truth. It is for profit. Ā But at some point there was more balance. Ā Or at least enough illusion that it was palatable. Ā 

Ā 

It was certainly an illusion.Ā  Ā  Much rather see things be open and above board.Ā  Say what you want about NIL, at least the paying of players isn't under the table like it once was.Ā Ā 

Ā 

Think I posted it somewhere else in the thread, many years ago, Brooklyn Dodgers owner Walter O'Malley was asked whether he would rather win the world series in 4 or lose in 7.Ā  He smiled, but didn't answer.Ā  Because a 7 game series brought him more money, win or lose.Ā  If the fact sports are a business, and thus you are a customer, not a "fan" is something you don't agree with, that is a decision you have to make, and frankly I applaud people who do walk away.Ā  As I said, we're all customers.Ā  No "team" is due our undying loyalty, our continued stream of cash, nor is there any "street cred" for having been a "diehard" during losing seasons.Ā  And the fact you attended a particular school does not remove your ability, some might say duty, to cut ties if things change not to your liking.Ā  Alumni pull donations for many reasons with the rest of the school, why are the sports teams immune?

44 minutes ago, mshills said:

Ā 

I don't know about that....Bama's facilities are on par with anyone else's, and I think they just spent something like $275M on major renovations to football facilities (not the stadium) alone.Ā  Alabama is actually a recruiting hotbed that is also next to a couple other recruiting hotbeds (GA, FL, LA).Ā  Most importantly, you've got complete alignment on the importance of football and dedication to winning between the university administration, the AD, and the head FB coach -- something many schools don't always have.

Ā 

The main detraction is as you observed:Ā Ā it's always tough to follow the legendary leader, and for that reason alone it's going to be a real tough job to take.Ā  Six national titles is a high bar!

Ā 

Easy to forget Bama was in the wilderness for quite a number of years after Stallings retired.Ā  That whole situation was a mess before Saban got there.

I agree MS, theyā€™re on par with everyone else. But not head and shoulders above. And recruiting, players didnt flock to Alabama because the facilities are just as good. It was because the staff offered them the best chance to go to the next level. Theyā€™re not going to have that incredible pull now. Itā€™s going to be a different Alabama program that a new coach is stepping into. And youā€™re right they have that alignment to winning. But have a couple of so-so seasons. Or even a couple where theyā€™re not in contention for the title and things get real dicey.Ā 
Ā 

You are 100% correct on one thing though. Coaches have big egos, they all think they can be the next great one. But they just donā€™t come along that often. It just seems to me (and this is just my particular thinking) that if Iā€™m already pulling down 7 figures, I like where Iā€™m at, and theyā€™re not screaming for my head because I won ā€œonlyā€ nine games, why jump into that pressure cooker?

Ā 

I didnā€™t mean to imply itā€™s not a good recruiting area. There is obviously a lot of talent there. Just that Alabama is not Florida or Texas level of available talent. Although like you said, they are centrally located to all of those.Ā 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, deadsolid...shank said:

You are 100% correct on one thing though. Coaches have big egos, they all think they can be the next great one.Ā 

I say it 1st and MS get the quote! Iā€™m gonna start lookinā€™ for my ego stroke elsewhere! šŸ˜†Ā 

IMG_5452.gif
*when it suddenly dawns on you that maybe ur jus ā€˜blockedā€™ šŸš«

šŸ˜±šŸ˜‚

Edited by TiScape
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, bladehunter said:

Ā 

Ā 

Ya me too! Like you saidĀ 

Ā 

Its the eye test!

Ā 

Cant hype garbage and tell people itā€™s good if they already know what ā€œgoodā€ is
Ā 

For frame of referenceā€¦This is goodā€¦

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, TiScape said:

What m I lookin at here blade? Is that ur sonā€™s HS šŸ€ team?Ā 

šŸ¤£. Ā Itā€™s opening warmups ( an hour before game time ) for wofford college . Theyā€™re in the so-con conference I believe. Ā With Furman and the citadel . Ā  Small liberal arts school. Ā But expensive and snooty šŸ˜œ.Ā 
Ā 

we have second row seats . Really good place to watch a game. Theyā€™ll have non conference people in like Clemson , UNC etc occasionally too. Ā  Ā  It is where my kid would like to go play after HS. There or ECU. Ā  Ā  Heā€™s actually been followed on a few high school sports social sights by the wofford Ā track coach ( heā€™s a sophomore so illegal for them Ā To approach him yet ). Ā , who I ran against in HS. Ā But they follow players on these clearing house sites to show their interest. Ā Kind of a passive contact . Thats his most likely path to a paid for gig in college. Hes already running a 4.45 mile. Ā  And that was fighting a hip issue. Ā Hes healthy now. Ā So look to go lower. Ā  Ā Basketball is much deeper talent pool. Ā . Ā Iā€™m sure he can get on a team. But a scholarship is much harder for these team sports.Ā 

• Like 2

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125txĀ 

LAB Mezz Max armlockĀ 

4 minutes ago, bladehunter said:

šŸ¤£. Ā Itā€™s opening warmups ( an hour before game time ) for wofford college . Theyā€™re in the so-con conference I believe. Ā With Furman and the citadel . Ā  Small liberal arts school. Ā But expensive and snooty šŸ˜œ.Ā 
Ā 

we have second row seats . Really good place to watch a game. Theyā€™ll have non conference people in like Clemson , UNC etc occasionally too. Ā  Ā  It is where my kid would like to go play after HS. There or ECU. Ā  Ā  Heā€™s actually been followed on a few high school sports social sights by the wofford Ā track coach ( heā€™s a sophomore so illegal for them Ā To approach him yet ). Ā , who I ran against in HS. Ā But they follow players on these clearing house sites to show their interest. Ā Kind of a passive contact . Thats his most likely path to a paid for gig in college. Hes already running a 4.45 mile. Ā  And that was fighting a hip issue. Ā Hes healthy now. Ā So look to go lower. Ā  Ā Basketball is much deeper talent pool. Ā . Ā Iā€™m sure he can get on a team. But a scholarship is much harder for these team sports.Ā 

Yeah I was obviously funninā€™ w/ya. I Goggled it. Dang, 1,800 undergraduate enrollment. Thatā€™s really small!

26 minutes ago, TiScape said:

Yeah I was obviously funninā€™ w/ya. I Goggled it. Dang, 1,800 undergraduate enrollment. Thatā€™s really small!

Yep. Itā€™s as ā€œ intimate ā€œ of a setting as I can imagine in a college that isnā€™t like a junior college or a city school etc. Ā  itā€™s a very high standard school. most of the teachers , doctors , lawyers around here go to wofford or furman for the first 4 years before moving on for their graduate degree. It apparently plays very well for Musc , USC or Clemson if youā€™ve been to Wofford and got high marks.Ā 
Ā 

Ā 

campus is like a small village inside the city of spartanburg. Ā You have the dorms central , and the various lecture halls surrounding them. Ā 
Then on the outer rim is the colosseum, the football stadium , baseball stadium and the dining hall , apparel shops/bookstore Ā and the auditorium for their music etc programs. Or walk downtown for restaurants ā€¦No car needed for any of it.Ā 

Ā 

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125txĀ 

LAB Mezz Max armlockĀ