PXG 0317 ST BLADES

Ca3l

8 minutes ago, ScottyGolf said:

These look very tempting having 2 sets of the 0211ST (playing these), but with Gen 3 0311ST and Gen 4 0311ST on the shelf I should unload those before dipping my toes in the new ones.  Downside they still have no shafts to choose from.  Then you have to rebuild and weight them to get it to the specs one wants..

I rebuild my PXG irons and as my 0317ST were ordered at D2 and all checked at D0, not a big deal as I would tip weight with new shafts anyway.  But yes, many oems are lacking in the shaft area which is a negative when ordering.

DRIVERS (TBD):  PXG BLACK OPS TOUR 8*,  BLACK OPS TOUR 10.5*,  BLACK OPS STD 8*;  Vanquish 4TX / Diamana WB 53x / GD AD-VF 5s / Ventus TR Black 5x / HZRDUS G4 Black 6.0 / Kaili White, Blue, Red 60x / Tensei AV Raw White/Blue 65x / Diamana S+ 60x

FAIRWAYS:  TAYLORMADE STEALTH 2+ FAIRWAYS/HYBRIDS:  R13.5( FW Rocket TI), 12.8*, Kaili White/Blue 70X;  #3 FW, 15.0*, Kaili Blue 70X/Red 75X;  #4 FW TI, 16.6*, Kaili White 70TX;  #6 FW TI, 20.3*, Kaili White 80TX;  #3 HY 19.5*, Kaili White 90TX; #4 HY 22*, Kaili White 90X

PXG GEN5 0311X, Black Label Elite, 22*, Accra TZFive, 105DI, M5

PXG 0317T, Xtreme Dark, 4 - GW, LAGP L Series, X

PXG  GEN0311XP, Double Black, 4 - LW, LAGP L Series, X

TAYLORMADE P7TW, 5 - GW, LAGP L Series, X

PXG 0311 Sugar Daddy II Milled Wedges, Xtreme Dark, 54*/10, 56*/10, 58*/10, 62*/10; // LAGP L Series, S

SCOTTY CAMERON CONCEPT X 7.2 LTD,  LAGOLF P 135g shaft // LAGOLF BEL-AIR X Forged Carbon Putter // TOULON GARAGE - Austin Custom Rose Gold // STEWART GOLF Q Follow Electric Cart..Carbon // SKYCADDIE SX550 // COBALT Q6 Slope

22 minutes ago, BirdieBob said:

I rebuild my PXG irons and as my 0317ST were ordered at D2 and all checked at D0, not a big deal as I would tip weight with new shafts anyway.  But yes, many oems are lacking in the shaft area which is a negative when ordering.

Yep, I had to rebuild both of my 0211ST and Gen 3 0311ST to get my swing weights to where I wanted them.  Gen 4's ST were done at factory and came in ok.

• Like 1

TaylorMade Stealth 2 Plus 9 Ventus Velocore Blue 6x Tipped 1 inch

TaylorMade Stealth 2 Plus 3 wood Ventus Velocore Red TR 7x

TaylorMade Stealth 2 Plus 5 wood Ventus Velocore Red TR 7x

TaylorMade 2023 P7MB P-5 MMT 125 TX & P7MC 4 MMT 125TX  Soft Stepped

PXG SDII 50(51), SD II Full Face 54 (55) and TM MG4 60 (59)

Scotty Cameron Circle T Tour Rat GSS

On 9/29/2022 at 10:16 PM, BCULAW said:

Can anyone weigh in on how the four iron from this set compares to the T or the ST models?  I purchased a 0311T4 iron to finish out my 0311ST set. The T four iron has a thicker sole, and I don’t get along as well with it. In hindsight, I would have preferred to have gotten the ST all the way through the set, but they are now sold out. I’m curious if a 0317 four iron would be a closer match the performance and turf interaction of the ST. 

You might want to give them a call. They might have one laying around. I have a cousin that works at Scottsdale National and he said he walks through the offices once in a while and they often have a few stragglers sitting around. 

My 0311 ST's were ordered at D3 and came in on the button perfect...

• Like 2

PING G430 10K Max 9 degree (digitally lofted) DI VF 6X tipped .5". 44.5" D5 

G430 17 HY DI HY 85 X

TSR2 21 HY DI HY 85 X

4 THRU PW King Tour KBS $ Taper 120

VOKEY 48 "F" KBS $ Taper 120

VOKEY 54 "F" S400

VOKEY 60 "V" S400

JAILBIRD CRUISER 38"

HOOFER LITE BLACK CAMO 

2024 TP5X (as of now)

I just received my Gen4 0311ts at D4..spot on. Question for the 0317st players, any real difference in the two heads vs playability? 

Ping g430 10K w/ Ventus Red 6-S

TaylorMade iq10 5 Wood w/ TD-70-S

Taylormade Stage 2 Tour hybrid w/Fujikura Speeder HB-S

PXG 0317t w/steelfiber i95-S 5-PW

SM8. 52* & 58* TM High Toe

Lab Mezz...46”

Jones Players Bag
Taylormade TP5X

2 hours ago, golf9596 said:

I just received my Gen4 0311ts at D4..spot on. Question for the 0317st players, any real difference in the two heads vs playability? 

Others seem to disagree with me, but I find the 0317 to have slgithly higher ball speed and I also find them to be more workable.  Both sets have KBS Tour 130 shafts, same swingweight, same loft and lie.  My data came off a Foresight GC 3 with Pro V1 balls (brand new for my tests) . Testing was done on the course, so I witnessed the ball flight.  FWIW, I am a +handicap so I hit the ball ok.  I will concede that different swings will yield different results, but this is what I am witnessing.

Edited by Kgglonghorn
  • Thanks 2

20 hours ago, Kgglonghorn said:

Others seem to disagree with me, but I find the 0317 to have slgithly higher ball speed and I also find them to be more workable.  Both sets have KBS Tour 130 shafts, same swingweight, same loft and lie.  My data came off a Foresight GC 3 with Pro V1 balls (brand new for my tests) . Testing was done on the course, so I witnessed the ball flight.  FWIW, I am a +handicap so I hit the ball ok.  I will concede that different swings will yield different results, but this is what I am witnessing.

How did you get the KBS Tour 130's? When I looked the X were all out of stock and have been for a while..

I ordered this set over the phone.  I cannot speak to their ongoing inventory, but I know they have shaft options when you call that they do not list on the wesite.  When inventory on a particular shaft is low, they pull it from the site but you can still get it (if they have it) by calling.  Hope this helps. not soliciting any sales here, but I will most likely be listing my 0311 STs soon.  They have the 130x and the black finish.

• Like 1

On 10/22/2022 at 9:27 AM, Kgglonghorn said:

Great write up, + handicap too. You really you saw a ballspeed jump? I have my STs set up with the LZ 6.5 hardstepped and I am over the moon about them. I’ve tried everything it felt like but when I finally decided to try PXG it was a no brainer. But if you’re saying the 0317s could be even better you have my attention for sure 

what other differences did you see, launch, spin and forgiveness wise?

Edited by Tommyboi95

3 minutes ago, Tommyboi95 said:

Great write up, + handicap too. You really you saw a ballspeed jump? I have my STs set up with the LZ 6.5 hardstepped and I am over the moon about them. I’ve tried everything it felt like but when I finally decided to try PXG it was a no brainer. But if you’re saying the 0317s could be even better you have my attention for sure 

what other differences did you see, launch, spin and forgiveness wise?

really the big difference for me was just ball speed and workability.  I did not find them to be any more forgiving, but putting is my problem, not ball striking, so I cannot really comment on the forgiveness aspect of it. (dont mean for that to sound douchy, just wasnt something on my radar.). Along with workability, I was able to control windows a little more.

• Like 2

I would say there is no "stock" weight.  It will depend on your build...different shafts and different swing weight requirements will dictate the weight.  Now, if you order them and do not specify anything, they will  most likely come to you at C8 and have light (2.5G) weights in them.  I had this problem TWICE.  I ended up having to source after market weights to fix one set (0311 ST) and I sent the other set (0317 ST) back.

On 10/23/2022 at 5:56 AM, ScottyGolf said:

How did you get the KBS Tour 130's? When I looked the X were all out of stock and have been for a while..

PXG Fitters have access to all of the shafts that are available currently. The website doesn’t reflect all of the options available. We have access to everything that’s offered though. You can always shoot me a PM and I’ll check on it for you. 

• Like 1

@Schnee - thank you sir.  I can ping my fitter who I play golf with in Mpls and see what he has.  Wasn't really in the market.  Should sell a few sets of my other PXG's. Too hard to part with 0211's.  Gen 4 ST and Gen 3 ST may have to find new homes!

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, ScottyGolf said:

@Schnee - thank you sir.  I can ping my fitter who I play golf with in Mpls and see what he has.  Wasn't really in the market.  Should sell a few sets of my other PXG's. Too hard to part with 0211's.  Gen 4 ST and Gen 3 ST may have to find new homes!

Ya he’ll have access to the full matrix. Gen 4 ST was so good. 

So I have had my 317 blades in 7-PW for about two weeks now.  Played them twice and went ahead and put them in play on our big ryder cup weekend event.  18, 18, 36, 18 holes.  (I also have the 6 and 5 in the Gen 4 T that I ordered with them).

I was playing Srixon ZX7 in 6-PW and Zx5 in the 5 iron, I am not selling them because they were very good to me for about two years.

I called PXG after placing my order online and asked for progressive swing weighting, I was able to get the lengths and lies I wanted ordering online.  I asked for the progression because I was planning on MOI matching the set, and getting them to hit certain SW's at certain club lengths would get the head weight close to what I wanted.  Not going to humble brag, but I hit my irons great.  So great in fact I am thinking of adding a 4 iron in the T or P set. 

The blades are really what you wanted to hear about though.  I will be honest I have tried a set or two of blades every year for the last 15 or so, and never found what I was looking for, since I miss on the toe, and blades tend to have a SS closer to the heel.  Not sure what it is about the design but they are far and away to most forgiving blades on the toe that I have ever played.  This is not hyperbole, this is an absolute fact.  Slightly thin shots still turn out well and shots missed slightly toe side still carried what I would call a reasonable distance for CB's and an amazing distance for blades.

I planned on taking them apart(I just ordered them in the stock elevate shafts because I was planning on putting my backup set of recoil iron shafts in them).  After the first round 8 days ago, I decided to shove as much pro soft and sensicore in each as I could and play them as is.  Played 36 one day and they ARE NOT as vibration absorbing as graphite, but they are pretty good and I plan on keeping them as is for quite awhile.

• Like 1
  • Driver - Ping G430 Max 10k - Ventus Black 6X | Ping G430 LST 10.5 - Aldila Rogue White 130 MSI TX
  • 3 Wood - Taylormade 300 Mini 13.5 - Ventus Purple X
  • 5 Wood - Ping G430 Max - Ventus Purple X 
  • 7 Wood - Ping G430 Max - Ventus Purple X | 4 iron - Srixon ZX4 MKII - Axiom 105X
  • 5 - PW Ping BluePrint S - Shaft testing
  • SW - Cleveland RTX6 55* - Fuji Tour Spec 115X | LW - Vokey SM9T 60* - Fuji Tour Spec 115X
  • Putters - Odyssey #7 Knuckle Neck Proto | Odyssey Jailbird Versa Microhinge - Odyssey Tank DBOdyssey Jailbird Ai-One

• 4 weeks later...

How’s the 0317ST 4 iron? I’ve been struggling to find a 4 iron that works since getting the 0211STs a year ago when I didn’t order the 4 iron with that set. I’ve had the 0311T Gen 3. Couldn’t get that one to stop hooking and wasn’t a fan of the turf interaction. Then I tried the Gen4 0311ST. Loved the turf interaction but The mishits were just too catastrophic with that club. I recently got a Srixon ZX Utility 23* 4 iron and it’s forgiving, feels great but a pure strike only goes about the same distance as my 0211ST 5 iron.  I’m now intrigued by the 0317ST 4 iron and any feedback anyone has on them. I can’t really go out and demo one as far as I know. 

Edited by ilikegolf26

• 3 months later...
On 9/29/2022 at 8:21 PM, FarmerJake said:

Am I the only one that wants the full set of those CBs? I think they look great. 

Absolutely. I think the CB’s look better than the blades, and if we’re being honest would fit a far larger share of the market than a combo set that goes to blades at 5iron. When I first saw these, (maybe in Luke Lists bag?) was super intrigued about the CB’s but guess it’s just not to be. 

35 minutes ago, DoughBack18 said:

Absolutely. I think the CB’s look better than the blades, and if we’re being honest would fit a far larger share of the market than a combo set that goes to blades at 5iron. When I first saw these, (maybe in Luke Lists bag?) was super intrigued about the CB’s but guess it’s just not to be. 

DRIVERS (TBD):  PXG BLACK OPS TOUR 8*,  BLACK OPS TOUR 10.5*,  BLACK OPS STD 8*;  Vanquish 4TX / Diamana WB 53x / GD AD-VF 5s / Ventus TR Black 5x / HZRDUS G4 Black 6.0 / Kaili White, Blue, Red 60x / Tensei AV Raw White/Blue 65x / Diamana S+ 60x

FAIRWAYS:  TAYLORMADE STEALTH 2+ FAIRWAYS/HYBRIDS:  R13.5( FW Rocket TI), 12.8*, Kaili White/Blue 70X;  #3 FW, 15.0*, Kaili Blue 70X/Red 75X;  #4 FW TI, 16.6*, Kaili White 70TX;  #6 FW TI, 20.3*, Kaili White 80TX;  #3 HY 19.5*, Kaili White 90TX; #4 HY 22*, Kaili White 90X

PXG GEN5 0311X, Black Label Elite, 22*, Accra TZFive, 105DI, M5

PXG 0317T, Xtreme Dark, 4 - GW, LAGP L Series, X

PXG  GEN0311XP, Double Black, 4 - LW, LAGP L Series, X

TAYLORMADE P7TW, 5 - GW, LAGP L Series, X

PXG 0311 Sugar Daddy II Milled Wedges, Xtreme Dark, 54*/10, 56*/10, 58*/10, 62*/10; // LAGP L Series, S

SCOTTY CAMERON CONCEPT X 7.2 LTD,  LAGOLF P 135g shaft // LAGOLF BEL-AIR X Forged Carbon Putter // TOULON GARAGE - Austin Custom Rose Gold // STEWART GOLF Q Follow Electric Cart..Carbon // SKYCADDIE SX550 // COBALT Q6 Slope

• 2 months later...
On 5/21/2023 at 2:00 AM, WoodBeGoodGolfer said:

Does anyone know how the 0211 st compares to the 0317 st in terms of forgiveness, distance, spin, et.

Many thanks

I found the I got more spin, 400-500 per club but I was about half a club shorter than my 0211ST.  I think you would just need to hit them.  I hit the 0317ST higher as well.  Same shaft and specs in both sets.

• 9 months later...

I’ve played every blade imaginable and I just picked up another set of these.  Once you get the weights right, I think they are solid irons.  I really like the way they look and the 0317 has a nice profile and thin sole so nice turf interaction but I do not find them to be measurably more forgiving or longer than my gamer set, which is a set of ‘23 P7MBs.