PXG 0317 ST BLADES

Ca3l

15 hours ago, roundersmitty said:

I got gen4 8-G  adjusted 1 degree strong, to blend with the T and to the eye it sits more open.  Going weaker would really look closer to me and add extra unneeded bounce for my tastes. Everyone is different though

Ah yeah, hadn’t thought about the bounce. I’ve never had lofts adjusted before. I thought weakening = opening, and increasing = closing though so I think I was backwards. Would definitely not want to be closing the face lol I’d be in the woods all day.

7 minutes ago, Ca3l said:

Ah yeah, hadn’t thought about the bounce. I’ve never had lofts adjusted before. I thought weakening = opening, and increasing = closing though so I think I was backwards. Would definitely not want to be closing the face lol I’d be in the woods all day.

for an Iron you are right. For a driver it is opposite.

• Like 1

Driver: Callaway Epic Max LS with Ventus Black 6x 44.5"

4w: '22 Rogue ST LS 16.5  Tensei AV Blue 75x

7w: '22 Callaway Apex UW 21 80s MMT

DI: Caley 01X 18* with KBS PGH 95

4-AW: PXG OG 0211  with KBS Tour Stiff 2.5* up 3/4" long MOI matched

Wedges: Cleveland Zipcore 54 Full/58 Mid 

Putter: DF2.1 35"69* in blue

Ball: Srixon Z-star XV

8 minutes ago, fjk said:

I don’t think that’s true. Why would it be different. 

Strengthening lofts requires bending open the face angle relative to the stock loft. 

https://www.golfcartreport.com/how-does-changing-loft-affect-face-angle/

Never hit a PXG club as you just don't see them where I am. I would love to try this iron though. 

Driver = Callaway Smoke-Ai Max-D 

3 wood = Callaway Smoke-Ai Max HL

3 Hybrid = Tour Edge Exotics C722
Irons = 4-PW Miura KM 700
Gap Wedge = Miura HB 50*

Sand Wedge = Taylormade MG2 56*

Putter = LAB DF3

Ball = TP5x pix / Bridgestone Tour B-X

Can anyone weigh in on how the four iron from this set compares to the T or the ST models?  I purchased a 0311T4 iron to finish out my 0311ST set. The T four iron has a thicker sole, and I don’t get along as well with it. In hindsight, I would have preferred to have gotten the ST all the way through the set, but they are now sold out. I’m curious if a 0317 four iron would be a closer match the performance and turf interaction of the ST. 

So the have a lucky day deal on their site (5+ irons, get hybrid and wedges for same price) but when I try to add wedges for the same price the still are the price of the actual SD II. Odd right!

7 hours ago, Rbsiedsc said:

So the have a lucky day deal on their site (5+ irons, get hybrid and wedges for same price) but when I try to add wedges for the same price the still are the price of the actual SD II. Odd right!

You have to choose the GEN5 irons to get the Sugar Daddy II at the lower price.   The 0317 blades are not in their GEN5 section so therefore not considered part of the deal.

When I select any Gen5 iron (5+ pieces) and add a SGII wedge the wedge shows up at the 229 price(Same as the Gen 5 irons).

-- here is the exact wording from the site, and it works for me.

Get ultra-high performance, uber forgiving irons that feel like a hot knife through warm butter for an absolute steal!

GEN5 Irons – Buy 5+ irons for $349 $229 each. Then, Double Down with Sugar Daddy II Wedges or GEN5 Hybrids for $229 ea.

GEN4 Irons – Buy 5+ irons for $375 $149 each. Then, Double Down with GEN4 Hybrids or Forged Wedges for $149 ea.

0211 XCOR2 Irons – Buy 5+ irons for $149 $119 each. Then, Double Down with 0211 Hybrids for $119 ea.

• Thanks 1
  • Driver - Ping G430 Max 10k - Ventus Black 6X | Ping G430 LST 10.5 - Aldila Rogue White 130 MSI TX
  • 3 Wood - Taylormade 300 Mini 13.5 - Ventus Purple X
  • 5 Wood - Ping G430 Max - Ventus Purple X 
  • 7 Wood - Ping G430 Max - Ventus Purple X | 4 iron - Srixon ZX4 MKII - Axiom 105X
  • 5 - PW Ping BluePrint S - Shaft testing
  • SW - Cleveland RTX6 55* - Fuji Tour Spec 115X | LW - Vokey SM9T 60* - Fuji Tour Spec 115X
  • Putters - Odyssey #7 Knuckle Neck Proto | Odyssey Jailbird Versa Microhinge - Odyssey Tank DBOdyssey Jailbird Ai-One

9 hours ago, BCULAW said:

Can anyone weigh in on how the four iron from this set compares to the T or the ST models?  I purchased a 0311T4 iron to finish out my 0311ST set. The T four iron has a thicker sole, and I don’t get along as well with it. In hindsight, I would have preferred to have gotten the ST all the way through the set, but they are now sold out. I’m curious if a 0317 four iron would be a closer match the performance and turf interaction of the ST. 

PM sent!  😃

DRIVERS (TBD):  PXG BLACK OPS TOUR 8*,  BLACK OPS TOUR 10.5*,  BLACK OPS STD 8*;  Vanquish 4TX / Diamana WB 53x / GD AD-VF 5s / Ventus TR Black 5x / HZRDUS G4 Black 6.0 / Kaili White, Blue, Red 60x / Tensei AV Raw White/Blue 65x / Diamana S+ 60x

FAIRWAYS:  TAYLORMADE STEALTH 2+ FAIRWAYS/HYBRIDS:  R13.5( FW Rocket TI), 12.8*, Kaili White/Blue 70X;  #3 FW, 15.0*, Kaili Blue 70X/Red 75X;  #4 FW TI, 16.6*, Kaili White 70TX;  #6 FW TI, 20.3*, Kaili White 80TX;  #3 HY 19.5*, Kaili White 90TX; #4 HY 22*, Kaili White 90X

PXG GEN5 0311X, Black Label Elite, 22*, Accra TZFive, 105DI, M5

PXG 0317T, Xtreme Dark, 4 - GW, LAGP L Series, X

PXG  GEN0311XP, Double Black, 4 - LW, LAGP L Series, X

TAYLORMADE P7TW, 5 - GW, LAGP L Series, X

PXG 0311 Sugar Daddy II Milled Wedges, Xtreme Dark, 54*/10, 56*/10, 58*/10, 62*/10; // LAGP L Series, S

SCOTTY CAMERON CONCEPT X 7.2 LTD,  LAGOLF P 135g shaft // LAGOLF BEL-AIR X Forged Carbon Putter // TOULON GARAGE - Austin Custom Rose Gold // STEWART GOLF Q Follow Electric Cart..Carbon // SKYCADDIE SX550 // COBALT Q6 Slope

Anyone have any idea of the weights in the 0317 and if you can get them?

I know, I know, the site says they are not meant to remove after building, but since PXG doesn't carry my shafts (Recoil 110 F5) and are unlikely to do my weird lengths(7 iron 38" and 1/4" increments up and down from there) I am gonna need to add or subtract weight from the heads and adding could be done with lead tape, removing is messy If I start porting heads.  Plus just incase like to have the standard weights and length shafts for resale later on.

• Driver - Ping G430 Max 10k - Ventus Black 6X | Ping G430 LST 10.5 - Aldila Rogue White 130 MSI TX
  • 7 Wood - Ping G430 Max - Ventus Purple X | 4 iron - Srixon ZX4 MKII - Axiom 105X
  • SW - Cleveland RTX6 55* - Fuji Tour Spec 115X | LW - Vokey SM9T 60* - Fuji Tour Spec 115X
  • Putters - Odyssey #7 Knuckle Neck Proto | Odyssey Jailbird Versa Microhinge - Odyssey Tank DBOdyssey Jailbird Ai-One

2 hours ago, driveandputtmachine said:

I know, I know, the site says they are not meant to remove after building, but since PXG doesn't carry my shafts (Recoil 110 F5) and are unlikely to do my weird lengths(7 iron 38" and 1/4" increments up and down from there) I am gonna need to add or subtract weight from the heads and adding could be done with lead tape, removing is messy If I start porting heads.  Plus just incase like to have the standard weights and length shafts for resale later on.

You can find them on Ebay.........same weights as on the Gen4/5 irons

pxg gen st in Golf Goods: Search Result | eBay

• Like 1

DRIVERS (TBD):  PXG BLACK OPS TOUR 8*,  BLACK OPS TOUR 10.5*,  BLACK OPS STD 8*;  Vanquish 4TX / Diamana WB 53x / GD AD-VF 5s / Ventus TR Black 5x / HZRDUS G4 Black 6.0 / Kaili White, Blue, Red 60x / Tensei AV Raw White/Blue 65x / Diamana S+ 60x

FAIRWAYS:  TAYLORMADE STEALTH 2+ FAIRWAYS/HYBRIDS:  R13.5( FW Rocket TI), 12.8*, Kaili White/Blue 70X;  #3 FW, 15.0*, Kaili Blue 70X/Red 75X;  #4 FW TI, 16.6*, Kaili White 70TX;  #6 FW TI, 20.3*, Kaili White 80TX;  #3 HY 19.5*, Kaili White 90TX; #4 HY 22*, Kaili White 90X

PXG 0311 Sugar Daddy II Milled Wedges, Xtreme Dark, 54*/10, 56*/10, 58*/10, 62*/10; // LAGP L Series, S

SCOTTY CAMERON CONCEPT X 7.2 LTD,  LAGOLF P 135g shaft // LAGOLF BEL-AIR X Forged Carbon Putter // TOULON GARAGE - Austin Custom Rose Gold // STEWART GOLF Q Follow Electric Cart..Carbon // SKYCADDIE SX550 // COBALT Q6 Slope

39 minutes ago, BirdieBob said:

You can find them on Ebay.........same weights as on the Gen4/5 irons

pxg gen st in Golf Goods: Search Result | eBay

Thanks.

Does anyone know how they install?  Are they using epoxy or locktite or thread locker or something similar to dissuade people from removing the weights?

1 hour ago, driveandputtmachine said:

Thanks.

Does anyone know how they install?  Are they using epoxy or locktite or thread locker or something similar to dissuade people from removing the weights?

PXG does use some red loctite, so you may need to apply some butane or propane torch heat to loosen them up.

Torx security bit #20.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, driveandputtmachine said:

You can order them with the screws loose, just let them know when ordering. I have done it a couple of times now.

• Like 1

DRIVER -     PXG Black OPs Tour 1 - 8* | 🔥KHT AUTOFLEX SF505🔥   
2 WD -         PXG Gen 6  13* |  🔥KHT AUTOFLEX SF505🔥

2/3/4 Hybrids- PXG Gen 6 | Accra Tour 90i Stiff

IRONS -       PXG Gen 6 XP DOUBLE BLACK | MMT 80 Stiff                     
WEDGES -  PXG Sugar Daddy II 54*/13 and 58*/10 | MMT 80 Stiff  
GRIPS -       JUMBOMAX ULTRALIGHT 
PUTTER -   PXG One and Done w/Super Stroke 5.0
BAG -           PXG Staff Bag

2 hours ago, SEP1006 said:

You can order them with the screws loose, just let them know when ordering. I have done it a couple of times now.

How cool is that?!!  I don't know if any other company does that.  

• Like 1

PXG Black Ops Tour driver 

PXG g5 3 wood

PXG Black Ops 17* hybrid

TaylorMade Qi10 5 wood

TaylorMade P770 4-9 KBS Tour

TaylorMade MG4 46/52/58wedges

Bettinardi BB1 putter

On 9/26/2022 at 7:40 PM, Goshdarnit said:

I hit them the other day, really clean look, and they feel great, if you were a fan of the previous ones you'll like these.

Did you, or have you hit the gen5t by chance to compare?

What shaft was in the new st you tried?

I just got a set of the gen5ts w/pxlz and might have to switch to 0317s, waiting to see them in person..struggling with the overall feel of these atm, and it's driving me crazy.

these feel amazing. Went to a full bag fitting saturday and hit head to head with Gen5 T

The Gen5 T feel very good and were much more forgiving on mishits. The 0317 ST are a great iron and are forgiving for their size. I would compare them with the Miura MC-501's I was playing

You dont have to be an elite ball striker to play these

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

TM Qi10 9* ... KBS TD Serape 60x

TM Stealth 2+ 4w ... KBS TD Rainbow 70x

TM Stealth 2+ 6w*... KBS TD Rainbow 80x

Titleist 5h 23* C1 ... KBS Proto 105 S+

Mizuno Pro 243 5 - P ... KBS TGI 110

TM MG4 50 S, 56 LB, 60 TW... KBS $-Taper 130x

Greyson x Bettinardi SS3 and QB6

TaylorMade TP5x

1 hour ago, JoeFrigo said:

these feel amazing. Went to a full bag fitting saturday and hit head to head with Gen5 T

The Gen5 T feel very good and were much more forgiving on mishits. The 0317 ST are a great iron and are forgiving for their size. I would compare them with the Miura MC-501's I was playing

You dont have to be an elite ball striker to play these

Were you hitting off turf or mat? And have you ever hit the 0311ST by chance? I bought the T and they’re amazing except for turf interaction in firmer conditions. In classic golfwrxer fashion, I foolishly traded in my STs because I got way more than I paid for them and thought I’d love the Ts even more, but now am regretting it big time. 0311STs are OOS now so thinking these 0317STs are the move. 

• Like 2

On 10/3/2022 at 11:35 AM, Ca3l said:

Were you hitting off turf or mat? And have you ever hit the 0311ST by chance? I bought the T and they’re amazing except for turf interaction in firmer conditions. In classic golfwrxer fashion, I foolishly traded in my STs because I got way more than I paid for them and thought I’d love the Ts even more, but now am regretting it big time. 0311STs are OOS now so thinking these 0317STs are the move. 

Off the mat indoors unfortunately. Ive only ever demoed the Gen4 ST's indoors about 5 months ago. I cant compare them fairly but both have a slim profile and are easier to hit despite their size

and especially for the price the 0317ST's should definitely fly off the shelf. I much prefer the look and feel of them compared to Gen5 T but I kinda want to go full bag gen5's with the sugar daddy 2's

TM Qi10 9* ... KBS TD Serape 60x

TM Stealth 2+ 4w ... KBS TD Rainbow 70x

TM Stealth 2+ 6w*... KBS TD Rainbow 80x

Titleist 5h 23* C1 ... KBS Proto 105 S+

Mizuno Pro 243 5 - P ... KBS TGI 110

TM MG4 50 S, 56 LB, 60 TW... KBS $-Taper 130x

Greyson x Bettinardi SS3 and QB6

TaylorMade TP5x

• 3 weeks later...

Ok.  So I own the 0211 STs, the 0311 ST gen 4's and as of today, I own the 0317 STs too.  I can tell you that the 0317 ST ball speed is just a little higher than the 0211 and 0311 (per my GC) and I can also tell you that they are just as forgiving as the 0311's.  Regarding the weights, I ordered all three sets in D3.  The 0211 and 0317's showed up correctly.  The 0311s showed up as D0.  I bought a blow torch and ordered a bunch of weights off eBay and did the adjustments myself.  The hardest part was finding the right wrench.  Also, the 0311's are black and the torch did not do anything to the finish at all.  I spent today hitting the three sets of PXG, my Wilson Staff Blades and my Nike VR Pros all on the GC and the data was very close, but the 0317s generated the consistantly highest ball speeds.  All sets are fitted with KBS shafts.

One other thing to note is that the 0317s are MUCH more workable than the other PXG irons.  I was able to work the ball as well with those as I can with the Nikes.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Kgglonghorn said:

Ok.  So I own the 0211 STs, the 0311 ST gen 4's and as of today, I own the 0317 STs too.  I can tell you that the 0317 ST ball speed is just a little higher than the 0211 and 0311 (per my GC) and I can also tell you that they are just as forgiving as the 0311's.  Regarding the weights, I ordered all three sets in D3.  The 0211 and 0317's showed up correctly.  The 0311s showed up as D0.  I bought a blow torch and ordered a bunch of weights off eBay and did the adjustments myself.  The hardest part was finding the right wrench.  Also, the 0311's are black and the torch did not do anything to the finish at all.  I spent today hitting the three sets of PXG, my Wilson Staff Blades and my Nike VR Pros all on the GC and the data was very close, but the 0317s generated the consistantly highest ball speeds.  All sets are fitted with KBS shafts.

One other thing to note is that the 0317s are MUCH more workable than the other PXG irons.  I was able to work the ball as well with those as I can with the Nikes.

Wow you got all the good stuff. I know many have mentioned about the bounce on 0311ST and some seem to have been bothered by it. Is it possible you can take some comparison pictures of the 3 side by side, topline and sole. You mentioned 0317 is much more workable. and I wonder if they changed the sole a little bit. 

How do you tell what weight is in the club and know what weight you needed to get? I need to adjust one club in 0311ST set, but I have no idea which one I need to get. 

PXG Gen 4 0811XT 9* Tensei White AV RAW 65X

PXG Gen 4 0341X 3W Tensei White AV RAW 75X

PXG Gen 1 0211 19* Tensei White AV RAW 90X

PXG 0317ST 4-W Extreme Darkness PX LZ 6.5

PXG SD2 50* & 54 PX LZ 6.0

PXG SD 58*

PXG Battle Ready Bat Attack Slant neck 34" 

1 minute ago, mister2cool said:

Wow you got all the good stuff. I know many have mentioned about the bounce on 0311ST and some seem to have been bothered by it. Is it possible you can take some comparison pictures of the 3 side by side, topline and sole. You mentioned 0317 is much more workable. and I wonder if they changed the sole a little bit. 

How do you tell what weight is in the club and know what weight you needed to get? I need to adjust one club in 0311ST set, but I have no idea which one I need to get. 

I will take some pics tomorrow.    The sole of the 0317 is much thinner.  Feels much more like a blade.  PXG told me what weights they put in my 0311's they just refused to change them so I did a little math and ordered a few extras in different weights to be sure I was covered.

• Like 1

Remember to check the lofts on those 0317.  The PW is 46*...mine was 45* while the 0311 is 47* standard.  So, ball speed will be different if the lofts are off.

I saw no difference once the lofts were adjusted but that is just range eyeball.

No difference in sole widths that I compared between the two ST irons.

Mine are on the way back to PXG.

Edited by BirdieBob

I swing weighted them and check lofts/lie on my mitchell as soon as they arived so I know they are right.  I will double check the soles but I remember thinking that the 0317 sole was much thinner than the 0311....I pulled my data from a Foresight GC Quad and was hitting Pro-V 1's to check worklability.  I found them to be much more workable than the 0311.  

Certainly definite difference in offset as the 0317 is more than the 0311

20221017_145153.jpg.560094e9eaa8ff4d7b023445f6b86631.jpg

Top views...not much difference..except the offset

20221017_145711.jpg.0bc56f157c2520bacec21e68fa7befec.jpg

Edited by BirdieBob

1 minute ago, Kgglonghorn said:

Sorry.  The 0317 sole looks a lot smaller to me

9CF24767-DE58-4C6B-BF52-F0313D57C739.jpeg

A lot .... no maybe a bit smaller

These look very tempting having 2 sets of the 0211ST (playing these), but with Gen 3 0311ST and Gen 4 0311ST on the shelf I should unload those before dipping my toes in the new ones.  Downside they still have no shafts to choose from.  Then you have to rebuild and weight them to get it to the specs one wants..

• Like 1

TaylorMade Stealth 2 Plus 9 Ventus Velocore Blue 6x Tipped 1 inch

TaylorMade Stealth 2 Plus 3 wood Ventus Velocore Red TR 7x

TaylorMade Stealth 2 Plus 5 wood Ventus Velocore Red TR 7x

TaylorMade 2023 P7MB P-5 MMT 125 TX & P7MC 4 MMT 125TX  Soft Stepped

PXG SDII 50(51), SD II Full Face 54 (55) and TM MG4 60 (59)

Scotty Cameron Circle T Tour Rat GSS