2024 John Deere Classic WITB Photos ×

2023 wxrs drivers comparison thread

getitdaily

1 hour ago, Red4282 said:

Bro if you could get that launch up…oooweee you’ve got 10-15 yards of carry in there 

• Thanks 1

I came so close in getting the TM Stealth 2 HD with a Red Kai'Li 60 but I'm done trying to decide as last year I had the Rogue ST MaxD with a GD Tour AD HD shafts as it was one the best drivers for finding the fairway with. The Stealth I'm sure is nice but it looks a bit too cheaper as too much Red I don't know as I just wish I could have ordered the HD in a black out option as it's always the Plus model. The Paradym X is the MAX D of last year as I really like the Kai'Li Blue 60 shaft I have in the TM 300 Mini 13.5* I have. I need a 50 gram and Callaway offers that with no uncharge so that's my driver I'm going with for 2023.

Ping was considered as I'm not a fan of the fins/turbolators or whatever they are called. Plus the SFT lowest loft is 10.5 as I want an adjustable 9* driver. Cobra Aerojet nah as I feel like they make good driver but just cheap looking and now they bragged so much on the milled face and now to do away with it. TSr2 I tried late last year and it just spun to much wasn't to me as consistent as the TSi2 was. 

• Like 2

Driver: Cobra  50th Anniversary Edition Aerojet 10.5 w/Graphite Design Tour AD IZ4 

3W: Callaway  Paradym X 3w/ Graphite Design Tour AD CQ5  

5/7W: Callaway Paradym X / Project X Hzrdus Gen 4 silver 5.5

Irons:  Titleist T-350 w/Aerotech i80r

Wedges:  Cleveland RTX 6 ZipCore 48* and 54* w/Aerotech i95r

Putter:  ENVROLL E2 34" with Stability Fire shaft  w/ Oversize Black PURE grip (rotate) ODESSEY EYE TRAX 2-BALL w/BGT Stability Carbon 33" 2 Thumb OG Lite 31 black grip

22 hours ago, ob1soccer said:

i always feel better about my issues when i read a thread like this. Everyone trying out new drivers, checking all the specs, swapping out shafts, attending demo days, we have lost our minds. This site is seriously like therapy

at least it's cheaper than therapy 🤣

• Like 1

yeah man at least golf wrx is free and it could be way worse

Driver- TITLEIST TSr1 10° AD-HD 6s
3 Wood- TITLEIST TSi2 15° AD-DI 7s
Hybrid- TITLEIST TSr2 21° AD-HY 75s

Irons- SRIXON Zx5 KBS Tour Lite 100s
Wedges- CALLAWAY Jaws Raw Black SF 95
Putter- SCOTTY CAMERON Phantom X 9.5

Ball- BRIDGESTONE Tour B X

I tested the Cobra, Callaway, and TM this past weekend. Tested the TSR2 a couple of weeks back. My bad swing usually results in a ball that comes out low and hooks left. Kind of smother the ball and get my weight too far on my left foot early in the swing. Here’s how it went for me:

Aero Jet: loved the ball flight and it was easily the most forgiving for me. Cleared 300 multiple times at only 165 ball speed. Good spin, and my big left miss was much smaller and launch stayed high. Maintained over 240 carry with my terrible swings. It sits more open at address, which I personally like. 

Paradym: sat too closed at address for me. I did switch to the Diamond, which helped and definitely increased the ball speed, but I didn’t like the launch and flight near as much as the cobra. 

Stealth 2: This club is a Jeckyl and Hyde situation for me. It easily was the fastest ball speed and looked great in the air when hit well. It cracked 170 ball speed, which my other closest was the cobra at 168. That said, it only went 1 yard further than the best hit with the cobra, and the misses were terrible. That low hook I hit barely cracked 200 yards carry. 

TSR 2: Probably the biggest competitor to the Cobra for me. The ball speed was really good, and it was probably the 2nd most forgiving to the cobra. Hit 168 ball speed multiple times and was right around the cobra in total distance. Would say the cobra handled the left miss slightly better. 

curious if this is similar to the results anyone else gets with a similar issue with hooking the ball. 

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Ggose said:

I tested the Cobra, Callaway, and TM this past weekend. Tested the TSR2 a couple of weeks back. My bad swing usually results in a ball that comes out low and hooks left. Kind of smother the ball and get my weight too far on my left foot early in the swing. Here’s how it went for me:

Aero Jet: loved the ball flight and it was easily the most forgiving for me. Cleared 300 multiple times at only 165 ball speed. Good spin, and my big left miss was much smaller and launch stayed high. Maintained over 240 carry with my terrible swings. It sits more open at address, which I personally like. 

Paradym: sat too closed at address for me. I did switch to the Diamond, which helped and definitely increased the ball speed, but I didn’t like the launch and flight near as much as the cobra. 

Stealth 2: This club is a Jeckyl and Hyde situation for me. It easily was the fastest ball speed and looked great in the air when hit well. It cracked 170 ball speed, which my other closest was the cobra at 168. That said, it only went 1 yard further than the best hit with the cobra, and the misses were terrible. That low hook I hit barely cracked 200 yards carry. 

TSR 2: Probably the biggest competitor to the Cobra for me. The ball speed was really good, and it was probably the 2nd most forgiving to the cobra. Hit 168 ball speed multiple times and was right around the cobra in total distance. Would say the cobra handled the left miss slightly better. 

curious if this is similar to the results anyone else gets with a similar issue with hooking the ball. 

Which Aerojet?  Standard or LS?

Driver: Cobra LTDxLS @ 9º (8.25º) w/ Fujikura Speeder TR 661s

Fairway: Callaway Mavrik 4W @ 16º w/ ProjectX Evenflow Black 70s

Hybrid: Sub70 939x 4H @ 21º w/ ProjectX Black Hybrid 6.0

Irons: Artisan HC 4/5 w/ Steelfiber i95cw Stiff; 6-PW w/ Steelfiber i110cw Stiff

Wedges: Artisan Raw 51º, 56º, 61º w/ Modus 120s (to  be re-shafted with Steelfibers to match irons)

Putter: Artisan 0318 Deep Milled

48 minutes ago, Ggose said:

If I was in the market this year, the aerojet and tsr2 would probably be my 1a and 1b. 

• Like 3

58 minutes ago, Cruisin1966 said:

Which Aerojet?  Standard or LS?

I went with the standard to help keep the spin up on that miss, but I did actually hit the LS yesterday, and it wasn’t much less forgiving. Would probably stick with the standard if I actually get it though just because I didn’t notice much performance increase either. Would rather have that slight increase in forgiveness in case I’m having a terrible driving day. 

43 minutes ago, Ggose said:

. . . in case I’m having a terrible driving day. 

This is my life  lol

• Haha 1

Driver: Cobra LTDxLS @ 9º (8.25º) w/ Fujikura Speeder TR 661s

Fairway: Callaway Mavrik 4W @ 16º w/ ProjectX Evenflow Black 70s

Hybrid: Sub70 939x 4H @ 21º w/ ProjectX Black Hybrid 6.0

Irons: Artisan HC 4/5 w/ Steelfiber i95cw Stiff; 6-PW w/ Steelfiber i110cw Stiff

Wedges: Artisan Raw 51º, 56º, 61º w/ Modus 120s (to  be re-shafted with Steelfibers to match irons)

Putter: Artisan 0318 Deep Milled

1st sober round with the stealth 2.  Very happy, but still figuring out the draw bias I'm seeing. 

I'm playing 1⁰ more loft in the 2 vs the og stealth.  It seems lower launching with similar spin, but much more stability.

Some highlights from the round - 8 birdies and an eagle, 4 bogeys.  Finished eagle, birdie, birdie, birdie, birdie.  Had about a one club wind all day.

Hole 1: shanked driver off a house back into play.  Par.

Hole 2: 404, pin high left.  Chip & putt birdie. Downwind off the right

Hole 3: 546, 110 left in.  2 putt birdie. Downwind off the right.

Hole 7: 396 Took a direct line at the green that's a 330 carry to the front that is a retee if you come up short.  Pitch mark back edge.  Hurting wind quartering left. Chip & putt birdie.

Several holes of despair later...

Hole 14: 517, right into the fan.  151 left, eagle.

Hole 15: 577 downwind off the right, 130 left but from the garbage on the right. Chip & putt birdie.

Hole 16: 332, wind helping off right.  5 wood pin high right.  Chip & putt birdie.

Hole 18: 477 straight downwind & downhill last 150 yards  drove the green.  2 putt birdie.

Flame away lol

I usually get in to do a big driver test. I will throw it all in here when I get a chance. Maybe later this week. 

• Like 4

Driver: Paradym 3D Ventus black TR 6x

3 wood: Paradym 3d Ventus black TR 7x

19 degree UW: Ventus black TR 8x

Mizuno Pro Fli Hi 4 utility Hazrdus black 90 6.5 X

5 -PW: Callaway Apex MB, KBS $ taper 130X

Wedges - Jaws raw 50, 54, 59 KBS $ taper 130x

Putter- Mutant Wilson Staff 8802 with stroke lab shaft
BALL; Chrome Soft X

48 minutes ago, Bdck said:

1st sober round with the stealth 2.  Very happy, but still figuring out the draw bias I'm seeing. 

I'm playing 1⁰ more loft in the 2 vs the og stealth.  It seems lower launching with similar spin, but much more stability.

Some highlights from the round - 8 birdies and an eagle, 4 bogeys.  Finished eagle, birdie, birdie, birdie, birdie.  Had about a one club wind all day.

Hole 7: 396 Took a direct line at the green that's a 330 carry to the front that is a retee if you come up short.  Pitch mark back edge.  Hurting wind quartering left. Chip & putt birdie.

Hole 15: 577 downwind off the right, 130 left but from the garbage on the right. Chip & putt birdie.

Hole 16: 332, wind helping off right.  5 wood pin high right.  Chip & putt birdie.

Hole 18: 477 straight downwind & downhill last 150 yards  drove the green.  2 putt birdie.

Flame away lol

So many potential comments….

The groups in front of you must hate you. 

the groups behind you must hate you. 

are these distances in feet?

Swing harder

This guy should be embarrassed posting these mundane distances which are so much lower than the average GolfWRX member’s driver distances. 

Does your set go driver>SW>putter? I can’t see how you need 14 clubs. 

Wow. I’m in awe and need to quit golf. 

Edited by Jmccas
  • Haha 2

Iron History: Macgregor blades -> Tour Model 3 -> 20 year hiatus -> Callaway Rogue (ugh) -> PtxPro -> P790 -> MP4 -> MP32 -> 623CB -> ZX5 mkII -> Cobra Tours

Dr: Titleist TSR3

3W: Ping G430 SFT

7W: Callaway Paradym

4H: Cobra King Tec

5-GW: Titleist T100

W: Edison 2.0

P: Odessey Versa 7

33 minutes ago, Jmccas said:

So many potential comments….

The groups in front of you must hate you. 

the groups behind you must hate you. 

are these distances in feet?

Swing harder

This guy should be embarrassed posting these mundane distances which are so much lower than the average GolfWRX member’s driver distances. 

Does your set go driver>SW>putter? I can’t see how you need 14 clubs. 

Wow. I’m in awe and need to quit golf. 

Yes, inevitably I seem to hit into everyone at some point.  That course has a ton of blind spots past 350 too, so I can often see the landing but not past that.

Nah, I'm a pretty fast golfer.

Yeah I think the bs meter goes off in my own head reading some of the s*** I've posted.  I've been here since I was a junior in the early 2000s.  I get it, I just like posting though.

3 hours ago, Bdck said:

Flame away lol

Welcome to wrx. This is fairly normal stuff here

• Haha 4

5 hours ago, Boricua Golf said:

I hit the new Paradym TD and compared it to my Rogue TD, I really wanted to see a difference, but at the end the standard deviation was so close that the guy told me to wait for the next one, in the end  my current driver was 1 yard farther, .2 lower launch and spin was +/- 200 so I am keeping the Rogue for another season...

Same shaft?

On 1/16/2023 at 11:58 AM, Tiptx1122 said:

I came so close in getting the TM Stealth 2 HD with a Red Kai'Li 60 but I'm done trying to decide as last year I had the Rogue ST MaxD with a GD Tour AD HD shafts as it was one the best drivers for finding the fairway with. The Stealth I'm sure is nice but it looks a bit too cheaper as too much Red I don't know as I just wish I could have ordered the HD in a black out option as it's always the Plus model. The Paradym X is the MAX D of last year as I really like the Kai'Li Blue 60 shaft I have in the TM 300 Mini 13.5* I have. I need a 50 gram and Callaway offers that with no uncharge so that's my driver I'm going with for 2023.

Ping was considered as I'm not a fan of the fins/turbolators or whatever they are called. Plus the SFT lowest loft is 10.5 as I want an adjustable 9* driver. Cobra Aerojet nah as I feel like they make good driver but just cheap looking and now they bragged so much on the milled face and now to do away with it. TSr2 I tried late last year and it just spun to much wasn't to me as consistent as the TSi2 was. 

how do u like the Kaili Blue 60

Driver- TITLEIST TSr1 10° AD-HD 6s
3 Wood- TITLEIST TSi2 15° AD-DI 7s
Hybrid- TITLEIST TSr2 21° AD-HY 75s

Irons- SRIXON Zx5 KBS Tour Lite 100s
Wedges- CALLAWAY Jaws Raw Black SF 95
Putter- SCOTTY CAMERON Phantom X 9.5

Ball- BRIDGESTONE Tour B X

8 hours ago, ob1soccer said:

how do u like the Kaili Blue 60

Still waiting for warmer weather but so far indoors it feels very smooth no matter if you go all out or not a very hard of a swing. Seems very easy to load as I like that feel

• Like 2

Driver: Cobra  50th Anniversary Edition Aerojet 10.5 w/Graphite Design Tour AD IZ4 

Putter:  ENVROLL E2 34" with Stability Fire shaft  w/ Oversize Black PURE grip (rotate) ODESSEY EYE TRAX 2-BALL w/BGT Stability Carbon 33" 2 Thumb OG Lite 31 black grip

On 1/16/2023 at 12:17 PM, Mike_Honcho said:

i feel like you need to learn to use more of the fairway.  you're missing out 😆

I like the 300 black out TM mini much better with the Blue Kai'Li 60 than I did the TSr2+ as maybe its because of the shaft as it's the only 3 Wood that comes close to my Ryoma F2 13* in distance and forgiveness 

Edited by Tiptx1122

5 hours ago, EatDrinkRunLSU said:

Did a driver fitting today, and hit several of the new crop. I'll preface it with this: 46 year old with a 95-100-ish mph driver swing. I am a very low spin and low launch player. As I suspected, my launch angle and spin were both too low with the Cobra LTDx. When I did get launch angle up, I was able to hit low spin bombs, but my miss is 9° with 1,300 spin, which means low left divers. That mimics my on course miss as well. This means that I didn't hit many of the lower spin offerings that many of you may be interested in.

TaylorMade Stealth2 - hated the red look. The ring around the back is red and just was too distracting. Didn't hit it well either. Ball speed was low and never could square one up.

Ping G430 Max - had high hopes for this one. Hit it with a couple different shafts. Sound is head and shoulders better than what the G425 Max was. Just couldn't get the ball speed up and hit several pop ups. Face is more shallow than previous version, which may have contributed to that.

Callaway Paradym - hit all 3 models (TD had the heavier weight in the back, and was surprisingly the best performer for me). Regular, X and TD all looked great. Very confidence inspiring. I was surprised that the TD was the best for me, but still came up short on ball speed and consistency for my swing.

Titleist TSR - Both models look good and I got the highest ball speed and more optimal launch conditions in terms of launch and spin from both models versus any of the other heads. Went back and forth between the two and ultimately settled on the more forgiving TSR2. Center strikes had the best ball speed and launch was in the 14°/2200-2300 range. Hit a couple higher launch lower spin bombs, but they were in a better range (16°/1800) which I can live with. Tried a bunch of different shafts, and finally settled on the Tensei AV Blue in 55g S. It performed better for me than the Ventus Red 6S, Tensei 1K Black, Hzrdus Silver, etc. 

So, I'll have a new TSR2 in the next few weeks after the build.

Good stuff. Same age, swing speed, low spin/launch  and LSU guy to boot (pun intended). 

You ever had much luck with draw biased heads? Currently in a Rogue ST Max D but want to test the TSR2. 

Iron History: Macgregor blades -> Tour Model 3 -> 20 year hiatus -> Callaway Rogue (ugh) -> PtxPro -> P790 -> MP4 -> MP32 -> 623CB -> ZX5 mkII -> Cobra Tours

Dr: Titleist TSR3

3W: Ping G430 SFT

7W: Callaway Paradym

4H: Cobra King Tec

5-GW: Titleist T100

W: Edison 2.0

P: Odessey Versa 7

All of the new releases look awesome!  I’m hitting the rogue st td so well, I’m scared to mess it up.

Shiny and new is tempting tho…

Also… Geaux Tigahs!

Searching…

Taylormade   Tour Issue Stealth  3 HL Hzrdus RDX Blue 70 6.5

Taylormade   Stealth+ 5w   Diamana OG Kai’Li 70x 

Srixon   ZxU mkii 4i   Modus Ghost Stiff 

Wilson   Staff CB 7-P / D9 Forged 5-6  Modus 120x

Vokey   Sm8 50, Sm10 54s bent to 55, Sm10 60s all custom ground 

Bettinardi  Custom BB46

Srixon Z Star 💎  OR   Bridgestone Tour B X 

On 1/17/2023 at 2:31 PM, Bdck said:

Flame away lol

Feel like I needed my own cart to get through that round

• Haha 1