2024 CJ Cup Byron Nelson WITB Photos ×

Fourteen TB7 irons

JoeFrigo

Haven’t seen a thread for these specifically so hopefully this starts some interest.

The TB7’s are pretty strong lofted. 7i is 30* and PW is 42*. I weakened mine 2* and may even go weaker one more degree. Once I get outdoors I’m sure the spin will pick up but inside these were low spin (obviously loft will impact this also)

To my knowledge there hasn’t been a big market for irons like these. Most players distance irons are still somewhat chunky and thicker for those that prefer a smaller head shape. The TB7’s are a small blade like head but definitely would not be confused with a Mizuno Pro 221 or Miura MB. There is enough tech built inside this head to help with forgiveness. To my eye these remind me of Srixon Z-Forged. Slightly bigger head for a blade and a touch of offset

7E6C592D-34F5-47B6-BFDA-D66AD395D9A6.jpeg

B5F30A3D-1590-4E7C-89E9-EF9AAAC9C4A3.jpeg

718DF8A1-886A-4F4D-8080-828DA8699B2C.jpeg

B045E84F-8B99-4ECA-BAA1-1D18A803544B.jpeg

6F04F15A-7BD0-4FFE-88D9-A554C57A4850.jpeg

34173A55-9634-4EAE-93B2-3FE6FE84DD79.jpeg

FD254758-54C4-4AB8-B90F-0D536664D873.jpeg

A9B5B324-D577-4BFC-8F63-F8A67B249DCF.jpeg

• Like 4

TM Qi10 9* ... KBS TD Serape 60x

TM Stealth 2+ 4w ... KBS TD Rainbow 70x

TM Stealth 2+ 6w*... KBS TD Rainbow 80x

Titleist 5h 23* C1 ... KBS Proto 105 S+

Mizuno Pro 243 5 - P ... KBS TGI 110

TM MG4 50 S, 56 LB, 60 TW... KBS $-Taper 130x

Greyson x Bettinardi SS3 and QB6

TaylorMade TP5x

I'm so glad someone started this thread!  Thanks for sharing!

I ordered mine a few weak ago and added a 48* wedge and had the irons bent 2* weak as well. I can't be adding 2 clubs to the bottom of my bag right when I just got the top of my bag sorted better than it ever has been!

Those forged LE Blades are the most beautiful clubs in the world to my eye.  

I'm generally a fairly high spin/high ball player, so the lack of doesn't necessarily bother me. 

I am very excited and want to call and bother them to get them done early!  How long did yours take?

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, autronicdsm said:

I would have gotten 46* RM wedge with those but that's just me.

Definitely considered that and makes alot of sense. Mentally I couldnt get over being a 9i distance away but pulling out the PW at 42*

TaylorMade TP5x

10 hours ago, noodle3872 said:

I honestly believe Fourteen Golf is a brand more people should look to.  I have the RM-B Forged Blades and RM-4 Wedges in the bag.  I absolutely love them!  They are so sexy, so soft feeling and plenty forgiving.  I love the way the leading edge of the RM-4 wedges hug the ground.  There's plenty of bounce on the wedges but the grind is perfect! 

I agree with @JoeFrigo, many traditionalists will say RM-B, TB-5 and TB-7 are niche with the strong lofts but there simply isn't a way to get stronger lofts without adding offset.  I had T100S sets (44° PW) and loved them but they weren't any more forgiving than my RM-B's on my thin miss so they are out the door. 

My indoor LM testing shows that even with a 42° PW, I'm getting a peak height of 115' with 8000 rpm and descent of 53°.  My 30° 7i is peaking at 105' with 5000 rpm and descent of 45°.  

TXG has done a review on both the RM-B and TB7 and both reviews showed exactly what you are saying. Even with the stronger loft, both clubs get plenty of height and good descent angle. 

When I posted yesterday that was my first and only time hitting the TB7's so far. Im sure once I play outside and use a Bridgestone Tour B XS ill see even more spin

I've had 4 different sets of Miura's and they definitely feel incredible, but I truthfully prefer the Fourteen's. Also totally agree about the RM4 wedges. I love everything about them

• Like 2

TaylorMade TP5x

5 hours ago, B.Easy said:

I'm so glad someone started this thread!  Thanks for sharing!

I ordered mine a few weak ago and added a 48* wedge and had the irons bent 2* weak as well. I can't be adding 2 clubs to the bottom of my bag right when I just got the top of my bag sorted better than it ever has been!

Those forged LE Blades are the most beautiful clubs in the world to my eye.  

I'm generally a fairly high spin/high ball player, so the lack of doesn't necessarily bother me. 

I am very excited and want to call and bother them to get them done early!  How long did yours take?

I ordered 2nd week of December with KBS Tour V shafts. Not sure if the KBS shafts held up the order bc they've been backed up for 2 years now but I just got my clubs 3 days ago. Overall about 6 weeks 

yea the lofts threw me off a bit and is why I considered the TC7's also. Ultimately the TB7's look so much better than the TC's and looked like more of what I wanted out of an iron. I would rather weaken them 2* to play closer to my typical yardages instead of being 160 away with a 9i but now reaching for a PW bc its at standard 42*

I have the RM4's at 50, 56 bent to 55, and 60

• Like 2

TaylorMade TP5x

I play the TC-7s and couldn’t be happier. I really took a chance on them (bought without hitting) simply because they are so beautiful. Even if it doesn’t call for it, I post pictures whenever I get the chance. Great clubs and I have only heard good things about the TB-7s. The wedges they make already have a great reputation and I hope more people give their irons a try. 

2661999F-E160-42D3-ABA9-6932342BE963.jpeg

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, McScoots said:

I play the TC-7s and couldn’t be happier. I really took a chance on them (bought without hitting) simply because they are so beautiful. Even if it doesn’t call for it, I post pictures whenever I get the chance. Great clubs and I have only heard good things about the TB-7s. The wedges they make already have a great reputation and I hope more people give their irons a try. 

Those look phenomenal too!  Better than the pictures online. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, McScoots said:

WOW those look great! Website pictures dont do those things justice. How long have you had those for

• Like 1

TaylorMade TP5x

1 minute ago, JoeFrigo said:

WOW those look great! Website pictures dont do those things justice. How long have you had those for

I bought them on here from another member in September. Had new shafts put in them and the build was terrible. I eventually had Truespec build them but had to wait for new ferrules. So I have had the finished clubs for a little over a month. 

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, McScoots said:

I bought them on here from another member in September. Had new shafts put in them and the build was terrible. I eventually had Truespec build them but had to wait for new ferrules. So I have had the finished clubs for a little over a month. 

ah ok nice. That build is definitely important. After that first sessions I took mine to Club Champion to get them installed with LA Golf shafts and ferrules

• Like 2

TaylorMade TP5x

10 hours ago, JoeFrigo said:

TXG has done a review on both the RM-B and TB7 and both reviews showed exactly what you are saying. Even with the stronger loft, both clubs get plenty of height and good descent angle. 

When I posted yesterday that was my first and only time hitting the TB7's so far. Im sure once I play outside and use a Bridgestone Tour B XS ill see even more spin

I've had 4 different sets of Miura's and they definitely feel incredible, but I truthfully prefer the Fourteen's. Also totally agree about the RM4 wedges. I love everything about them

2 hours ago, JoeFrigo said:

ah ok nice. That build is definitely important. After that first sessions I took mine to Club Champion to get them installed with LA Golf shafts and ferrules

I had seen the irons before the TXG video but it was the way which Ian described the clubs and their flight characteristics that put me on the hunt for a set. I’m shallow into the ball. My miss is thin middle or thin slightly toe side. With RM-B, there are times I have a hard time feeling a miss because the get through the strike so cleanly. I took my old JPX 921F out with me the last time I hit balls indoors and it was thin city! My buddy commented the differences in contact with PW and 7i was dramatic. I’ve switched from Pro V1 to Pro V1x for the little extra spin it gives. 

The build is everything! A high quality build enhances the confidence I have in my equipment! 

• Like 2

Ping G430 Max 10K 10.5° driver - Diamana GT 60S

Ping G430 Max 15° #3 fairway - Diamana TB 70S

Ping G430 Max 21° #7 fairway - Diamana TB 80S

Ping G430 Max 26° #5 hybrid - MMTh 90S

Mizuno Pro 243 4-PW irons - MMT 105S

Mizuno T24 Raw 48°-10S wedge - MMT 105S

Mizuno T24 Raw 54°-10S and 60°-06X wedges - MMT Scoring Wedge 105S

Mizuno OMOI Type 3

Titleist Pro V1x

Enjoyed this video. The shots of the TB-7 sitting on a pin shows the design requirements of a perfectly centered COG. 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1-Jvt3Fzu5c

9B611CD4-FBB9-4789-AAA8-4AB604CF1B79.png

9263DA86-DF6C-456C-B4FC-D932C7666490.png

CF19B7FC-A471-47CF-8FFF-398F9DC2DF78.png

• Like 2

Ping G430 Max 10K 10.5° driver - Diamana GT 60S

Ping G430 Max 15° #3 fairway - Diamana TB 70S

Ping G430 Max 21° #7 fairway - Diamana TB 80S

Ping G430 Max 26° #5 hybrid - MMTh 90S

Mizuno Pro 243 4-PW irons - MMT 105S

Mizuno T24 Raw 48°-10S wedge - MMT 105S

Mizuno T24 Raw 54°-10S and 60°-06X wedges - MMT Scoring Wedge 105S

Mizuno OMOI Type 3

Titleist Pro V1x

Ok, so I have 6-pw with NS pro modus 3 105 stiff and TB-5 in the 5 iron same shaft and flex. I came from Srixon z785 and found the 14’s to be softer and a club longer with similar height and a little more spin.  I also can work the ball easier with the 14’s but the feel off the face is unbeatable. It kind of reminds me of my mizuno mp 29’s years ago, just longer. I’m 61 and like the extra distance. 

• Like 2

On 2/2/2023 at 11:59 AM, McScoots said:

Would you say the TC-7's are a demanding iron, they look stunning!

Titleist TSR2 10*| MCA Tensei AV blue (SFW) Xlink 55 S

Titleist TSR2 3 HL 16.5*| MCA Tensei AV blue Xlink 65 S

Titleist TSR2 7 Wood 21*| MCA Tensei AV blue Xlink 75 S

Mizuno JPX 923 Forged 4 iron| N.S. Pro 980GH DST S

Mizuno JPX 923 Forged 5-GW| N.S. Pro 1050GH S

Cleveland RTX 6 Zipcore 54* & 58*| N.S. Pro Modus³ Tour 115 Wedge
Ping 2023 Anser
Srixon Z Star

33 minutes ago, pjc said:

Would you say the TC-7's are a demanding iron, they look stunning!

I am coming from Apex 19s and they are certainly less forgiving than those, but nothing crazy. I find them very playable and my dispersion has actually decreased significantly. Some of that has to do with now having the correct shaft. The feel is so much better. They remind me of my old set of Titleist 755s, but with a cleaner look and less offset. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I love mine, very soft feeling and forgiving for a blade. Turf interaction is great. I play my pw at 9 iron length, my 9 at 8 iron length etc. and kept the lofts stock. I play graphite so having the heavier head weight at longer lengths helps get to my desired swing weights. 

• Like 2

Ping G430 Max 10K 9* with GD Tour AD VF 5 stiff untipped

Taylormade Burner Mini 13.5* with GD Tour AD VF 6 stiff untipped 

Ping i530 4-P,U with Fujikura Axiom 125x 

Ping s159 wedges 52s, 56s, 60h with Fujikura Axiom 125x

Odyssey Ai One Milled Eight T S

2024 Callaway Tour 
Golf Pride Tour Velvet 360 +1/64"
Ogio Silencer bag

• 1 month later...

The are gorgeous looking irons and seriously if I had to buy a set of irons today I’d probably go to a TB5/7 combo set.  I am curious to hear from anyone that has ordered the stock loft and then had bent weaker 2°, what did you notice in terms of feel, turf interaction, etc from the before and after.  

Hopefully your comparisons were on grass but other than I am guessing more spin and higher peak height and less distance, was there any other results worth nothing?  

At the end of the day, was it worth it?  I would rather add another wedge (Fourteen 😜) preferably and getting 4 iron distance distance with my 5 iron.    As I get older (65) I am hesitant to give up the higher quality heads for little more distance and the stock setup might be a winner.  I alway worry about modifying lies too much in terms of undoing some of the key characteristics of the head design.

Appreciate anyone’s experience, thoughts, etc.

• 4 weeks later...
On 4/3/2023 at 2:05 AM, JimmyD said:

The are gorgeous looking irons and seriously if I had to buy a set of irons today I’d probably go to a TB5/7 combo set.  I am curious to hear from anyone that has ordered the stock loft and then had bent weaker 2°, what did you notice in terms of feel, turf interaction, etc from the before and after.  

Hopefully your comparisons were on grass but other than I am guessing more spin and higher peak height and less distance, was there any other results worth nothing?  

At the end of the day, was it worth it?  I would rather add another wedge (Fourteen 😜) preferably and getting 4 iron distance distance with my 5 iron.    As I get older (65) I am hesitant to give up the higher quality heads for little more distance and the stock setup might be a winner.  I alway worry about modifying lies too much in terms of undoing some of the key characteristics of the head design.

Appreciate anyone’s experience, thoughts, etc.

Just seeing this, so sorry.  I've been playing my TB7's on grass for 3 months now. I had them bent 2º weak and added a 48º.  The pre-worn leading edge with trail relief makes turf interaction so good.  They are shockingly forgiving.  Very soft, but powerful feeling.  I almost missed the face today on a par 3 with my 7 iron from 185 yards and was only 10 short.  I have a fairly neutral path and am usually 4º down at strike.  When flushed, these irons go the exact distance every time.  They are a half club longer than my Apex TCB's, but I rarely club down.  I just swing smoother and it's right on the money.  My iron game is as good as it's ever been and I attribute that to how quickly I got comfortable with the TB7's.  I have played every type of turf with them and they are good at everything.  Soft parkland courses, firm links courses (Bandon), and heathland.  They will not get stuck in the turf.

I would buy these again in a heartbeat.  No questions.  Also, unless you're a high handicapper, the TB5's are kind of unnecessary.  I own 7 sets of irons and these are the most forgiving.  

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

I've been playing mine for 6 months now and they are still awesome.  In the hot/dry summer air they are really flying.  I'm now a full club longer than any other set I own.  They were a half club longer in the cool weather, but now they are longer.  They really do a solid job of spin retention, but I'm so glad I bent them 2º weak.  Standard build for these should be weaker than they are for this type of club.  I bought 4-PW, but I've never gamed the 4 because they are so long.  I don't want to pull my 5W or Hybrid.  Still so beautiful and very durable.  I've hit a lot of balls and played more golf this year than any other and they still look near perfect, which is a surprise due to their soft nature.  Pretty much the perfect club that nobody knows about.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, B.Easy said:

I've been playing mine for 6 months now and they are still awesome.  In the hot/dry summer air they are really flying.  I'm now a full club longer than any other set I own.  They were a half club longer in the cool weather, but now they are longer.  They really do a solid job of spin retention, but I'm so glad I bent them 2º weak.  Standard build for these should be weaker than they are for this type of club.  I bought 4-PW, but I've never gamed the 4 because they are so long.  I don't want to pull my 5W or Hybrid.  Still so beautiful and very durable.  I've hit a lot of balls and played more golf this year than any other and they still look near perfect, which is a surprise due to their soft nature.  Pretty much the perfect club that nobody knows about.

Great stuff. Yes was curious about the use of the 4 iron or lack of it I guess. Most sets I see that are used don't have a 4 iron so very thankful for the info. 

• Like 1

• 2 months later...