2024 John Deere Classic WITB Photos ×

The Links Lounge (*** NO POLITICS/RELIGION/LIV ***)

touch

23 minutes ago, touch said:

If Koepka hadn't have won a major he wouldn't have gotten a serious look. 

I found the Rickie pick weak. I am completely pissed that Zach passed on Keegan. Keegan Bradley should be on that team. 

As far as the JT pick you have to think the Captain was looking at the last two years body of work regarding his selection. He factored in I'm sure his Match Play record as well. The JT pick reeks of Old boy network / Frat Brother bonding and that is probably really what it came down to.  Let may say this though, if JT and Spieth get hot together in the Ryder Cup the American golfing fans will be smiling large. 🏌️‍♀️

I thought it was interesting when Zach was on ESPN, he mentioned the majors, the fact Brooks was a lock until the playoffs started, but the thing that got me was he said the 6 automatic qualifiers wanted him on the team.  I’m not a Rickie fan, so I agree I would have preferred Keegan or Lucas.  

I have a question for the group, since Koepka has never bad mouthed the tour, or resigned his membership, and seems to be liked by most of the top guys, do you think he would have an easier path to return than others?

• Like 2

Driver - Testing in Progress

7W - Taylormade Ti Bubble II

4-5 Hybrids - Cleveland Halo XL (21*, 24*)

7i - GW - Titleist T200 7-GW

GW - Taylormade MG3 52*

SW - Sub70 JB Forged 56*

LW - Sub70 JB Forged 62*

Putter - Sled 01 (for thr moment)

Ball - Srixon Q Star

As far as why we're going all the way to freakin Oklahoma for just two gigs?

Suffice to say the owners at Mercury Lounge like us. A lot. 

• Like 3

Titleist TSR3 8° LA GOLF DJ 

Titleist TS2 18° Diamana D+

Titleist TSR2 21° Diamana D+ 

Titleist TSi2 24° Diamana D+

Titleist T100 5-7, 620MB LA GOLF L

Vokey 50.8°F, 56.14°F, 60.04°T LA GOLF WV

Scotty Cameron Newport LA GOLF P

1 minute ago, aenemated said:

How about a post telling us more (w/pics) about the Mercury Lounge please aen. 

Callaway        Paradym  Hzrdus Silver 

Callaway        Epic Flash 3-5-7 fw's  Even Flow Green   
Callaway          X Hot 11 wood  Project X PXv

TM                  P790   6-PW  Recoil ESX 

PING               Glide 3.0  50, 56, 60  all SS 

TM                  Spider cs 

2 minutes ago, aenemated said:

How many times have you played there? 

4 minutes ago, aenemated said:

Since he likes you guys so much, maybe he can get you a round at OakTree National!

Edited by NJBigFish22
  • Haha 1

Driver - Testing in Progress

7W - Taylormade Ti Bubble II

4-5 Hybrids - Cleveland Halo XL (21*, 24*)

7i - GW - Titleist T200 7-GW

GW - Taylormade MG3 52*

SW - Sub70 JB Forged 56*

LW - Sub70 JB Forged 62*

Putter - Sled 01 (for thr moment)

Ball - Srixon Q Star

Just now, touch said:

How many times have you played there? 

I've only played it once on the run back in April. But the band (which has been around for 9 years now) has been there a lot AND as I've mentioned, Hoss was a roadie, lighting manager and guitar tech for Rev Horton Heat for like ... 15 years. Dude has connections literally all over the world. So he knows the folks there well.

It's a small nightclub with a good sounding room. Big patio out front. Small, weird stage - but I love that the load in door is RIGHT THERE 😂

iNxe2pe.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, braincramp52 said:

@nitram is from Western Oklahoma I think.

You are correct BC, on the South Canadian Riviera, about 1:05 from the Blue Note. It and the Mercury Lounge in Tulsa are outstanding venues.

• Like 4

The answer to better golf is work your butt off and learn how to hit it better, farther, and make more putts.

We just got over the H storm that affected southern California and desert towns in AZ and NV, and now Idalia is set to smash into those in Florida and southeast. Add in Lahina and it's been a tough stretch. 🙁

• Sad 1

31 minutes ago, aenemated said:

I've only played it once on the run back in April. But the band (which has been around for 9 years now) has been there a lot AND as I've mentioned, Hoss was a roadie, lighting manager and guitar tech for Rev Horton Heat for like ... 15 years. Dude has connections literally all over the world. So he knows the folks there well.

It's a small nightclub with a good sounding room. Big patio out front. Small, weird stage - but I love that the load in door is RIGHT THERE 😂

iNxe2pe.jpg

Did you get to eat the barbecue from across the street?

The answer to better golf is work your butt off and learn how to hit it better, farther, and make more putts.

7 minutes ago, nitram said:

Did you get to eat the barbecue from across the street?

We didn't 😕 I think it'd closed before we got into town that day. 

We did get BBQ at some spot between Tulsa and OKC the next day though. Forget the name of it but it was pretty dang tasty. 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, aenemated said:

iNxe2pe.jpg

We will be looking forward to your "Live From the Oklahoma trip" posts. 

One of the more cool things the Lounge has is you and your band aen. 

Thank you 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, aenemated said:

iNxe2pe.jpg

I loved loading doors right next to the stage. Especially when it's -10 below zero and 2 in the morning. 

• Haha 2

Titleist TSR 2  9°

Taylormade V-Steel 3 wood

Ping G430 19°,23.5,28.5 Hybrids

PXG Gen 6 XP's 7-SW

Ping Redwood Anser

If a person gets mad at you for telling the truth, they're living a lie.

Do the Frank @ Deans take requests? 

Any chance this song finds its' way onto the playlist in Oklahoma? 😁

Edited by touch
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, aenemated said:

It's kinda both, if that makes sense. 

All travel related expenses - gas, hotels, one meal a day - are paid out of what we make at gigs and selling merch. At the end of a run, there's a split of pay to each of us and then the rest stays in the band fund. The band fund goes to covering things like buying more merch, maintenance to the van and - eventually - recording. 

So do I come home with some cash in hand? Yes! Is it a lot? Nope. The main reason I do it is because it's just simply f'in fun. 

I get it. I think ur fortunate that you have a great job and ur able to telecommute! Do all ur band mates also have good “day jobs” that allow them to be on the road for extended periods of time?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, touch said:

We just got over the H storm that affected southern California and desert towns in AZ and NV, and now Idalia is set to smash into those in Florida and southeast. Add in Lahina and it's been a tough stretch. 🙁

Gonna go out on a sturdy branch and say Idalia will make what was left of Hillary when it hit the US look like a Spring shower. I can say this confidently as my son was in LA for Hillary and he said it was “a normal” rain. 

Edited by TiScape

16 hours ago, touch said:

Zac Johnson has made his captain's picks for the Ryder Cup. He selected JT. Let's hear what the boys in the Lounge think of that decision and the overall line up of the U.S. Team. 

Automatic qualifiers

• Scottie Scheffler 
  • Patrick Cantlay 
  • Xander Schauffele 
  • Brian Harman 
  • Wyndham Clark
  • Max Homa 

Captain's picks

• Brooks Koepka 
  • Jordan Spieth 
  • Collin Morikawa 
  • Rickie Fowler 
  • Sam Burns 
  • Justin Thomas

Like I said a while back it is all political and getting people to tune in for TV ratings etc. I can see why Brooks was picked with the PGAT and LIV merger. I do not agree with JT and Sam Burns being picked over Keegan and Lucas. I for one not that it makes a difference will watch. I do not have much interest in it anyhow and these picks waned it even more for me. I do not blame Zach in any way shape or form. He is just the front man or patsy other higher ups make the decisions. Really I do not care if we win or lose. Before anyone questions my Patriotism remember I am a Navy vet and will even at 66 yoa go back and fight for this country to the death if necessary. This is my .02 FWIW

• Like 3

Driver--- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha--- Speeder 565 R flex

3W--- TM V-Steel TMR7 REAX 55g R

7W --- TM V Steel UST Pro Force 65 R flex

9W--- TM V Steel Stock V Steel R flex shaft

5 Hybrid-- Cobra Baffler DWS NVS 60A High Launch

Irons 5 thru PW 1985 Macgregor VIP Hogan Apex #2 shafts

SW -- Cleveland 588 56* Shaft Unknown

LW Vokey SM5 L Grind 58* 04 bounce Stock Vokey Shaft

Putter -- Rusty 1997 Scottie Santa Fe-- Fluted Bulls Eye Shaft

12 hours ago, touch said:

The rain yesterday restricted me to only a range session. Today it rained all morning. The Golf Gods are on my side today as the rain has stopped thirty minutes prior to my tee time. There will be a round of golf for LP this week after all. I'm playing with two of our assistant pros Noah and Reilly. 

This will be fun.

16933357487371937504920952461027.jpg

16933360405063512653737213706107.jpg

We got to play our League round. I played pretty well. Putter was hot and cold. It was one of those games where you get points I ended up with 41 which was good. Shot -2 under my handicap for the day which was 12 so not too bad considering the putter was meeh. On this game at the end you get a blind draw. I ended up again with a lower handicapper than I am (8) which I beat gross and net and did not do good. On one of the closest to the pin contests I was 5 foot 8 inches out and got beat with the last group in with 5 foot 3 inches. Oh shrug you can not win them all. I was a big winner last week taking $200 for the week so you gotta lose some. I am in the small money game today so far 16 players. I am signed up for Thursday League but with the storm coming in it is 99.99% we will not play. I am signed in for Friday in the small money game and we will see on that. We did put together a Shootout team for Saturday after my running partner Big Bear talked me into it. Shootouts for me are basically meeh because it has gotten out of hand with sharp pencils etc. I use it to socialize and to experiment and practice some. Do not get me wrong but I will try as always to do my best. The weather gurus here are still arguing how much rain we will get. They are saying anywhere from 4" to 10". The way our course does not drain if it is over 6" You can nix the rest of the week

• Like 3

10 hours ago, miamistomp said:

I still prefer tubes where possible

My latest addition 

$ 23

Made in 1951 with 7 tubes

Still sounds good although they need lots of ventilation as tube srun hot

Zenith Radio H7247 | Antique Radios | Vintage Audio Exchange

Cool!!! Round Dial 3 knob Zenith

• Like 1

7 hours ago, aenemated said:

It's kinda both, if that makes sense. 

All travel related expenses - gas, hotels, one meal a day - are paid out of what we make at gigs and selling merch. At the end of a run, there's a split of pay to each of us and then the rest stays in the band fund. The band fund goes to covering things like buying more merch, maintenance to the van and - eventually - recording. 

So do I come home with some cash in hand? Yes! Is it a lot? Nope. The main reason I do it is because it's just simply f'in fun. 

The van thing reminds me of a rift I got into Involving a band. A bud of mine started a band and this is how I got started on the sound board. He taught me most of what I know even to this day. He has a pretty good music pedigree can play 7 different instruments including Harmonica. He has played back up for people like Jeannie C Riley and did some sound engineering etc on some big hits. He was tired of the road because he had 2 kids. He started a local band and trained me on the sound board. At the time I was driving a truck local and home every night and weekends and holidays. I had quit racing at the time. I had this old bread truck I had bought intending to use as a race car hauler. Well with the band he talked me into them "renting it"---- So I did some work on it put tags and insurance on it. We made a deal of $100 a gig with me furnishing the van and gas and providing the upkeep etc. I got $25 for setting up and running the board. Like you said no real money but Effingham fun. Well after 6 months or so we had some internal tension with the bass player wanting to know why I got so much van rental?  I showed him the insurance and upkeep and really I was not making that much money with it. He started flapping his yap. I got tired of it and sold him the van and told them to find a sound man. The band split up like 6 months later. He wanted to sell the van. LOL he had the nerve to try to sell it for more than I sold it to him for. I checked it out and laughed. He had ran it into the ground bald tires brakes worn out and wheel seals leaking. Come to find out he had been running the van with no insurance and his car tag on it. Got caught one weekend by the police and the van impounded with the equipment inside. They missed 2 gigs on account of it. The guys had to band together to get it and the equipment out. That killed the band for good. He tried a last ditch effort to get me to buy the van for $250 but I told him it had been run into the ground and it would cost more to fix than it was worth. About 10 years later I saw that van in the junkyard storing parts. I piddled around with my bud some with a couple other bands but I ended up moving to SC and he took his family and moved to Nashville. I did some fill in gigs on the board for a band called Sugar Creek, Harley Hog and the Rockers and ran sound for Beach Blast 86 for the Poor Souls. After 87 I was out of it until like 02 when I started running it for the Episcopal church up the street from me. We had started going up there and one day the sound guy quit. The pastor asked if anyone knew how to run a sound board? I looked and it was an old Peavy 25. I laughed and told him it had been 15 years but I cut my teeth on that board and could run it in my sleep. Been behind it or a Beringer and my current Pro Sonus ever since.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, BIG STU said:

Like I said a while back it is all political and getting people to tune in for TV ratings etc. I can see why Brooks was picked with the PGAT and LIV merger. I do not agree with JT and Sam Burns being picked over Keegan and Lucas. I for one not that it makes a difference will watch. I do not have much interest in it anyhow and these picks waned it even more for me. I do not blame Zach in any way shape or form. He is just the front man or patsy other higher ups make the decisions. Really I do not care if we win or lose. Before anyone questions my Patriotism remember I am a Navy vet and will even at 66 yoa go back and fight for this country to the death if necessary. This is my .02 FWIW

I'm a sucker for the Ryder Cup. It's just a exhibition but I love it. I agree about the picks of JT and Burns. JT got in on his record at the Ryder Cup and Burns is best friends with Scottie. But when it's being played in Europe I want guys who can putt and hit fairways and JT can't do either right now.

• Like 2

Titleist TSR 2  9°

PXG Gen 6 XP's 7-SW

Ping Redwood Anser

9 hours ago, NJBigFish22 said:

I thought it was interesting when Zach was on ESPN, he mentioned the majors, the fact Brooks was a lock until the playoffs started, but the thing that got me was he said the 6 automatic qualifiers wanted him on the team.  I’m not a Rickie fan, so I agree I would have preferred Keegan or Lucas.  

I have a question for the group, since Koepka has never bad mouthed the tour, or resigned his membership, and seems to be liked by most of the top guys, do you think he would have an easier path to return than others?

I think with a little begging Brooks, Bryson, and DJ would all be allowed back on the Tour. I think you're right that Brooks might be the easiest though.

• Like 1

Titleist TSR 2  9°

PXG Gen 6 XP's 7-SW

Ping Redwood Anser

Happy Hump Day!

337266594_972679747441249_8224631575000936103_n.jpg

• Haha 3

Ping G430 Max 10k 9° with UST MP5 L-Flex

Ping G425 3 Wood 14.5° with Ventus Velocore Blue-6R

Cleveland Halo Launcher 5 wood 18° with Project X Cypher R

Callaway Rogue 19° hybrid regular

Toura Golf CB 5-PW Recoil 95 regular

Toura Golf 48° and Corey Paul wedges 52° and 57°

SC Phantom X 11.5  putter

I'm a sucker for the Ryder Cup. It's just a exhibition but I love it. I agree about the picks of JT and Burns. JT got in on his record at the Ryder Cup and Burns is best friends with Scottie. But when it's being played in Europe I want guys who can putt and hit fairways and JT can't do either right now.

You made my point right there about Lucas over JT. Lucas has always been a great ball striker but his putting was always sketchy. That was before he found the broomstick. He now putts with confidence and can hit GIRs. Besides he won 2 of the last 4 events and made it to the finals scrapping all the way when JT did not. But then again JT is more popular and will draw more ticket sales and air time and IMHO that is what the big picture is all about. So for me I am not big on the event anyhow and for damn sure not waste my time watching it now

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, BIG STU said:

You made my point right there about Lucas over JT. Lucas has always been a great ball striker but his putting was always sketchy. That was before he found the broomstick. He now putts with confidence and can hit GIRs. Besides he won 2 of the last 4 events and made it to the finals scrapping all the way when JT did not. But then again JT is more popular and will draw more ticket sales and air time and IMHO that is what the big picture is all about. So for me I am not big on the event anyhow and for damn sure not waste my time watching it now

I agree with much of what you've said here, Stu... and I'm disgusted with it as well... but I would hope the Journey Man Glover's a stronger viewing draw than you think.  He's more relatable than JT, to me anyway.  I've never felt so disappointed in a RC roster "selection".

• Like 3

Titleist TSi3 D Smoke Black 60 5.5
Titleist TSi2 3w/7w Tensei Blue 65
Callaway Apex DCB/DG AMT Red
Titleist Vokey SM7 (Raw)
TM Spider Tour Black
Titleist ProV1
Titleist Hybrid 14
Bag Boy Nitron

I think with a little begging Brooks, Bryson, and DJ would all be allowed back on the Tour. I think you're right that Brooks might be the easiest though.

I think Brooks and Bryson would be big draws as far as air time and ticket sales on the Tour again. DJ I am not sure of he has a little age on him and plenty of money and married into money and appears not to give 2 rips

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Bob Cat said:

I agree with much of what you've said here, Stu... and I'm disgusted with it as well... but I would hope the Journey Man Glover's a stronger viewing draw than you think.  He's more relatable than JT, to me anyway.  I've never felt so disappointed in a RC roster "selection".

He may be more popular mainstream than maybe I think. I like players like him and Billy Ho who will fight and claw their way around. I like scrappy never giving up players. On the LPGA I always liked Angela Stanford and Laura Davies. Not glamor gals but scrappers. Of course I may be biased on Lucas he being a SC guy. I never have met him but knew his uncle Randy Glover who was a icon on the SC and NC golf scene

• Like 1

Any and all prior card-carrying will get reinstated.  After an appropriate timeout of an undetermined length.  By next season is my guess.  Now that the PGAT and PIF (LIV) have become besties.  Bad for bidness to keep them excommunicated.  

Don't follow the comings and goings of the subject.  So based on nothing other than "follow the money".  

• Like 2

Laissez les bons temps rouler!

OGA - Mitglied Nummer Sechs

We only got 6 holes in today on the small money game. We were supposed to be a 4 man 2 best balls net but one of our guys did not show up. So we would have gotten a "blind draw" My one partner he and I ham and egg it up every time we are partners. We were -1 coming into #5 and I birdied #5. On #6 he and I were about 10 feet out he maybe an inch further away. He barely missed left and told me "Stuey it is straight in ram it" I left the stick in and jammed it Matt Fitzpatrick style. About that time the bottom fell out rain wise. Everyone rushed to the club house and it was called so we all got our money back. By comparing notes we had them on the ropes. The closest team was +1 after 7. We were the last group out of the 5 teams playing. The guy who runs that game quipped "well you guys would not have needed a blind draw anyhow" Everyone laughed. They were hanging around the club house waiting for 10:00 when the Moose club opened up. I left about 9 or so and came back home.

Yeah as usual the weather gurus missed this one bad. The rain was not supposed to start until after 4 this afternoon. The main league had already cancelled for tomorrow anyhow. They said for Friday if the course was in condition for play to just show up and we go from there

• Like 1

10 hours ago, TiScape said:

I get it. I think ur fortunate that you have a great job and ur able to telecommute! Do all ur band mates also have good “day jobs” that allow them to be on the road for extended periods of time?

Sorta! All their dayjobs are the type with a lot of flexibility. Ligting/sound at a various venues, bartender, etc. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• GwrxMod changed the title to The Links Lounge (*** NO POLITICS/RELIGION ***)
  • GwrxMod changed the title to The Links Lounge (*** NO POLITICS/RELIGION/LIV ***)