The Links Lounge (*** NO POLITICS/RELIGION/LIV ***)

touch

26 minutes ago, Triple Lindy said:

For the first time in 4 years we’re planning ski trips again! COVID hit as we were wrapping up the season the last time we ski’ed and then wrecked the following season, then shoulder surgery, then a knee injury - man how did we miss so much! Bought our Epic passes last night. We’ll hit Vail/Beaver Creek and Park City/Canyons for sure and hope to squeeze in a trip to Whistler with our son, DIL and grandson, who live in Seattle. Depends on the snow and how early the season starts. We have to wrap up by early March as we’re heading to South Korea to visit our daughter, SIL and new granddaughter. There are some Japanese slopes on the Epic pass, so that might be a possibility while in Asia, but unlikely.

With temps back in the 100s, it’s fun to think about snow and bluebird days like the one below at Whistler.

image.jpeg.03dccdad6402b4e05e89d51672315889.jpeg

No Breckenridge?!  The place of my ski bumming days.  Whistle when you drive by my house on the way to Whistler.

• Like 1

3.0 GHIN Index - trending down

40 minutes ago, touch said:

Less than three hours remain in the auction. If you have plenty of extra coin why don't you bid on this 6X6 and then if you win it take it on adventures and report back to our Lounge group. 😀

AA-Exterior-15-67234.jpg?fit=2040%2C1360

2014_mercedes-benz_g63-amg_IMG_0138-2-32614-scaled.jpeg?fit=2048%2C1536

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/2014-mercedes-benz-g63-amg-5/

I'd be on it but I have a golf course I need to report to this morning.

8 hours ago, aenemated said:

Fun article about what I do in real life ... ya know, the stuff that pays for all the drums and golf 🙂

https://www.fastcompany.com/90935814/fashion-platform-goat-conquered-black-friday?fbclid=IwAR3OE7PM4H_Kt279uduUkVA09rdaNw48_nOtd4SmmYE_c8YXup47kYgWBjI

Gotta appreciate the irony of a guy whose fashion sense begins and ends at a black v neck working for an “online fashion platform”! 😂 

• Haha 2

Holy! @braincramp52 Back on the subject of the Disney vs Spectrum feud and ESPN and ABC being blacked out to Spectrum customers including millions in NY….

The Jets/Bills game is on Monday night on ESPN and ABC (Disney owned) 😳🤣 😡 

But thanks to you mentioning the antenna! I had realized I have one, I hooked it up and it works great 👍 

Edited by bscinstnct
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, Double Mocha Man said:

No Breckenridge?!  The place of my ski bumming days.  Whistle when you drive by my house on the way to Whistler.

Both my wife and I learned to ski at Breck and who knows, it might make the list. Since it’s one of the first resorts you get to coming from Denver, it tends to get crowded, but we love the peaks there!

And an apropos greeting considering the destination, although I doubt you’d hear me from 30,000 feet.

22 minutes ago, Triple Lindy said:

Both my wife and I learned to ski at Breck and who knows, it might make the list. Since it’s one of the first resorts you get to coming from Denver, it tends to get crowded, but we love the peaks there!

And an apropos greeting considering the destination, although I doubt you’d hear me from 30,000 feet.

Okay. Then take a pee and flush the plane's toilet when you're flying over my house.

Most flights landing in Vancouver go right over the house, but at 11,000 ft and 380 mph.

• Haha 2

35 minutes ago, Triple Lindy said:

Growing up and skiing competitively in Colorado, I have skied basically every place, Steamboat is still my favorite.  Vail/BC and Copper were my next favorites.  I skied Breckinridge a ton, my dad used to get these gold medallions that allowed you to ski anywhere for free.  We would take the 8 of them to Breck, use 2 for the day and use the 6 others for future dates.

• Like 2

Driver - Testing in Progress

7W - Taylormade Ti Bubble II

4-5 Hybrids - Cleveland Halo XL (21*, 24*)

7i - GW - Titleist T200 7-GW

GW - Taylormade MG3 52*

SW - Sub70 JB Forged 56*

LW - Sub70 JB Forged 62*

Putter - Sled 01 (for thr moment)

Ball - Srixon Q Star

12 minutes ago, NJBigFish22 said:

Steamboat is still my favorite.

We almost went with the Ikon pass just to ski Steamboat. Never ski’ed there, nor Aspen. I’ve heard nothing but good things about Steamboat. The Whistler option is really what keeps us coming back to the Epic pass. We’ve ski’ed just about every resort on the I-70 corridor.

56 minutes ago, Triple Lindy said:

I worked two years/seasons at the Breckenridge Inn, right across the street from Maggie Pond and the chair lift to Peak 9.  Scottie and I always tried to be the first in line every morning.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mrgreen36 said:

For sealing what?

For decks.

Titleist TSR 2  9°

Taylormade V-Steel 3 wood

Ping G430 19°,23.5,28.5 Hybrids

PXG Gen 6 XP's 7-SW

Ping Redwood Anser

If a person gets mad at you for telling the truth, they're living a lie.

36 minutes ago, TiScape said:

Coco Gauff about to face Ostapenko in the quarters. Should be a terrific match! 
🎾🙌🏼

Oh wow. Looks like Ostapenko forgot she had a match today 😖 1st set 0-6.

*oh snap! Jus realized chi probably recording this!! 😬 Sarrreeee 

Edited by TiScape

3 hours ago, touch said:

Golf Cartoons Serie Bild 4 Stock Illustration | Adobe Stock

Finally damn it I get to play some golf today. 🙂

I got short changed last week with only one round played and that round was a marathon paced two hours for 18 holes screamer. I had some fun yes, but it wasn't too relaxing.

Today will be my 60th round of the year. I have set up something that I think will be a fun challenge. I will be playing with coworkers and we are playing Broadmoor. Many of the courses in the Asheville are are punching their greens (if they have bent grass) this week so our choice of golf courses is limited. 

Two man teams.

Myself and R are taking on A and D. Better Ball format. 

A and D are getting 18 stokes. A is a 16 index and D is a 23.

R is scratch and I am currently a 6.4. 

R and D are playing the way backs and A and myself with be playing the white tees.

The losing team picks up the check for beers and burgers afterwards.

I am somewhat tired after working 6 days in a row, but I will dig deep and give it all I have.

I'm grateful that I am going to be spending the afternoon on the course with friends. 🏌️‍♀️

All these letters to represent the different characters in this post reminds me of Reservoir Dogs. 

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, bladehunter said:

Amen to that. With my stuff i refuse to use cheap materials. All it amounts to is me working my tail off to save the customer a Buck.  The same customer who drives up to my shop in a new Porsche panamera …. One day several years ago it hit me “ why the eF do I want to save them a buck ? They surely aren’t tipping me with the savings “.   So I will use the paint I want , and the clear I want.  Or I won’t.  

My goal is to make as much money as I possibly can.  It took me a long time to be ok with some people telling me I'm too expensive.  I'll admit, I'm expensive, especially for where I live, but I just don't care anymore. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Just now, Mrgreen36 said:

My goal is to make as much money as I possibly can.  It took me a long time to be ok with some people telling me I'm too expensive.  I'll admit, I'm expensive, especially for where I live, but I just don't care anymore. 

Get what ya pay for! Gotta love the ppl that want to pay bottom dollar and get top quality results. 

IMG_4302.gif

• Haha 3

Going up to a high temp of 88 degrees this afternoon. 50% humidity and plentiful sunshine. There's a 5-10 mph breeze. The crew from BFCC will be hitting their first tee shots of the day in 20 minutes.

Edited by touch
  • Like 3

Callaway        Paradym  Hzrdus Silver 

Callaway        Epic Flash 3-5-7 fw's  Even Flow Green   
Callaway          X Hot 11 wood  Project X PXv

TM                  P790   6-PW  Recoil ESX 

PING               Glide 3.0  50, 56, 60  all SS 

TM                  Spider cs 

14 minutes ago, Mrgreen36 said:

Yep.  I’ve found that mostly , it also weeds out the ones who complain the most.  Mostly.  You’ll get a few McMansion dwellers that are the exception…. You put them on “ the list “ and never touch anything they own again.  And you tell their friends they’re on the list.  And why.  It builds exclusivity inside their own clique. Nothing they love more than one upping their frenemy. 

If you don’t value yourself. Nobody else will either.  And I said this to an a** recently.  “ if I’m going to work hard in the heat ; I’m going to get paid.  If I’m not going to get paid. I’m not working on your stuff. I’ll work on my own.  Free to your benefit doesn’t work. At least free to my benefit builds equity “. Then I asked him when he’d like to build my barn.  For free ( he’s a builder ).  The stutters that came next were epic. He was simply incensed that I’d suggest he work for me , for free.  Or even cheap.  Then he says “ you’re not trying to earn my business “.  🤣. You're slow hoss -I’ve been dismissing you from it for 20 min now …. Now I didn’t say that I just used the old stand by “ I’m covered up.  Couldn’t do anything else to it  if I wanted to …. When do you want to pick it up “?    This was after he refused to pay for issues found after a car was stripped to metal.  As if I’m going to be on the hook for his cars issues.  Bbye.

Humans.  Weird sorts.  🥸

• Like 4

Cobra LTD X 9* Hzrdus RDX blue 

TM Sim2 max tour  16* GD  ADHD 8x 

Ping i530 4-Uw AWT 2.0 

Mizuno T22 raw 52-56-60 s400

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

23 minutes ago, TiScape said:

Get what ya pay for! Gotta love the ppl that want to pay bottom dollar and get top quality results. 

IMG_4302.gif

Man I remembe like it was yesterday when that lady was on live TV.  Bless her heart.  She was all kinds of shook up. 

• Haha 1

Cobra LTD X 9* Hzrdus RDX blue 

TM Sim2 max tour  16* GD  ADHD 8x 

Ping i530 4-Uw AWT 2.0 

Mizuno T22 raw 52-56-60 s400

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

Ok, I am aware nobody in here cares about tennis BUT 😜 Interesting that it’s hot and humid as balls at the US Open and they leave the roof open for Coco’s match (the heat benefited her) and close it for the Novak match (heat hinders him more) Almost like they trying to help the players that will draw in more fans win… 🤔 

*one last thing! pro tennis player’s WAGS r hotter than pro golfer’s WAGS 😊

Edited by TiScape
  • Like 3

As Oscar Wilde said, I am changing it to meet my needs, "The American consumer knows the price of everything and the value of nothing."  With the internet, the rise of Walmart and their impact on pricing over the past 30 years, and the off shoring of production the past 40 years can be best summarized as price shopping.

And I don't besmirch anyone for price shopping (unless they test a product at a brick and mortar and then buy on line from someone else) and I am truly lucky to not be forced to do it.  But the internet has commodotized most everything but the most extravagant and it shows.  The resulting lowering of what people are willing to pay for everything but the most luxurious is lowering margins and forcing these companies to cut back on services we used to expect.

Why am I doing the work of a ticketing agent or travel agent?  They gave us this work but said it was to promote individual freedom and put us in control.  My tuckus on that, they save millions of dollars annually because I am stupid enough to want to do someone else's job.  That person is now flipping burgers for minimum wage with no benefits, and we wonder why things aren't what they were?

Better stop now because if I don't I will get my first do better letter.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, TiScape said:

Gotta appreciate the irony of a guy whose fashion sense begins and ends at a black v neck working for an “online fashion platform”! 😂 

HOW DARE YOU

1_Karl-Lagerfeld.jpg

😂😂😂

• Haha 4

Titleist TSR3 8° LA GOLF DJ 

Titleist TS2 18° Diamana D+

Titleist TSR2 21° Diamana D+ 

Titleist TSi2 24° Diamana D+

Titleist T100 5-7, 620MB LA GOLF L

Vokey 50.8°F, 56.14°F, 60.04°T LA GOLF WV

Scotty Cameron Newport LA GOLF P

6 minutes ago, Petethreeput said:

Better stop now because if I don't I will get my first do better letter.

... Right there with you and I am going to add to capitalism run amok that was once about providing a quality item/service while giving the middle class an opportunity to make a good living. Now it is about CEO's, board members and stock holders over employees and products. If you can cut a corner and save on costs while charging the same price it's viewed as a win! Costco is a throwback to that era and it is no surprise to see employees happy and always willing to help with a smile. They don't hate their job that pays them less than they are worth with bosses equally unhappy in a toxic work environment. 

... But thankfully Artisans like Mr Green can and should charge whatever they want because they are producing a superior product that is worth whatever you can afford to pay. There is no such thing as "too expensive", just too expensive for you. Thankfully I am at a point in my life that I don't have to bargin shop, although I still do with some products 😜 but I will not hesitate to pay an Artisan whatever they are charging if I need their service. I will be doing some landscaping in the next few months and will not be doing any comparison shopping, I will be using who I think will do the best job and provide superior service. My handyman is gonna install a new shower door and replace my 2 toilets and I don't ask what he is gonna charge, I just pay it when he has completed the project because he does great work and while I know he is higher than most he is fair and worth every penny.  

*Edit. Posted earlier but I made the mistake of buying the Emotiva 5 channel amp for $1700 because it had good reviews and seemed "good enough". Problem is and I should have known better because I know I demand excellence from my sound system and "good enough" has never been a criteria for me. So now I am spending an additional $2800 for the D-Sonic 5 channel amp I am sure has the quality I am looking for. Maybe I can sell the Emotiva for half the price I paid. I also have no doubt the $7000 Legacy 5 channel amp that is too expensive for me would be an improvement but again not anywhere near twice the price improvement. Yet if my yearly income were $1,000,000 I would not hesitate to buy the Legacy. It is a cliche' for a reason because you always get what you pay for. 

• Like 3

Driver:       TM Qi10 ... AutoFlex Dream 7 SF405
Fairway:    CobraAerojet 16* 3 wood ... AD-IZ6r
Hybrids:    Cobra King Tec 19* ... MMT Hy70r
                  Ping G430 22* ... Alta CB Black Hy70r

Irons:        Titleist T200 '23 5-9 ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges:   MG3 ... 45*/50*/54*/58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:       Cobra King Sport-60
Ball:           2024 TP5x/2023 Maxfli Tour X

18 minutes ago, Soloman1 said:

Hey, if you're aren't feeling bad enough, consider this:

On the right is Rick Springfield performing "Jesse's Girl" a couple of weeks ago.

He's 74 years old.

Whaaaaaaaat?

Screen Shot 2023-09-05 at 12.09.49 PM.png

It’s Jessie’s girl! Jus trying to save you any future embarrassment 😇 Can you imagine if you went ‘e’ instead of ‘ie’ next time you’re on the Rick Springfield chat boards! You’d be ostracized! 😬

IMG_4303.jpeg

Edited by TiScape
  • Haha 4

2 hours ago, TiScape said:

All these letters to represent the different characters in this post reminds me of Reservoir Dogs. 

Based on the cartoon pic I'd go with Mr. Blue, Mr. Red, Mr. Baby Puke Yellow and Mr. Brown Poop.

• GwrxMod changed the title to The Links Lounge (*** NO POLITICS/RELIGION ***)
  • GwrxMod changed the title to The Links Lounge (*** NO POLITICS/RELIGION/LIV ***)