2024 Rocket Mortgage Classic WITB Photos ×

2023 Solheim Cup (Sep 22-24)

18majors

3 hours ago, Titleist_PT23 said:

There are hard shots on courses/situations but we are talking about players at a different skill level.  Lexi's short game isn't that bad; it's very bad at the wrong times.

One shot to save your life:

-Lexi greenside coming down the stretch (of a tournament or match), need to get it within three feet

-Shaq at the free throw line

Celebrate Rest In Peace GIF by Jason Clarke

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, 18majors said:

I don't know why, but Lilia didn't play like a winner of two Majors today.  For most of the round, Lexi was carrying the team until her unlucky shank at the 18th hole.

Understandable perspective, but tend to remember Lilia making several crucial par putts to halve holes as well as the birdie on 17 to tie the match going to the 18th. Truth of the matter, Maguire just played lights out golf the entire match for the Euro win.  

Hopefully Vu comes out strong tomorrow; young lady has serious game in my opinion. I am surprised to see Lexi going back out for the Saturday foursomes like many others have stated previously. 

• Like 1

Cleveland Launcher XL 2 Driver 9.5* (beta testing)

Cleveland Launcher XL Fairway 3W 15*

Tour Edge Exotics EXS 220 Hybrid 2H 17* / 4H 22* 

PXG 0311 XP Gen6 Double Black Irons 5i - GW 

Cleveland RTX Zipcore Black Wedge 54* / 58*

Odyssey White Hot Versa 7 Putter

PXG 0311 Black OPS Driver 10.5* 

Petterson is a shocking captain, her pairings and order have been woeful.

Why pair Leona with Nordqvist, it didn't work first time. So Leona's hero-worship of Petterson gets rewarded by this? Play Leona with Maddie in the foursomes.

Sending out Grant and Stark first up - just stupid. 

Why play Charley in R1 if she was injured?

Why even pick Hedwall when you won't play her?

Here are some random comments from BBC.com readers:

"As a player Pettersen's stubbornness was a plus but as a captain it's a definite negative. Her Nordic nepotism could very well be Europe's biggest handicap and putting out two rookies against such a powerful American pair was always likely to end as it did. If you're going to bed in rookies then 4 balls is the obvious way. The hugely experienced Ciganda not playing this morning was absolute folly."

"So Team Europe management sit down and say to themselves, 'where can we hold the Solheim cup?' I know lets play on a course that has Bermuda grass. That sounds great, then the captain picks 3 Scandinavians who have no real experience of playing on Bermuda. where as the USA team, half of them grew up on Bermuda. So 7 northern Europeans out of 12 with little experience of this type of grass".

"Euro captain is clueless. firstly why pair two of the shortest hitter Nordqvist and Maguire together, how many 200 yard shots did Maguire have to hit, how do you put out someone one struggling with a neck strain out in the cold of a morning, how the hell do you put out a rookie pair first, and lastly how do you leave Boutier off the afternoon 4 balls, she was sensational in the morning."

"I had the Hull partnership 7 over after 14 holes".

• Haha 3

Srixon Z785 @10.5° Fujikura Atmos 6 X 44.5” //  Cobra King Ltd FWY @15.5° XCaliber FW S 43" //  Cobra F7 FWY @18.5° Aldila Tour Blue ATX 85 S 42.5" //  Titleist 818H1 #4 @20° Project X Hzardus Smoke Red RDX 80g 6.0 40" // Titleist 818H1 #6 @24° XCaliber HY S 39.25" // Srixon Z565 6-PW:  6,7 KBS PGI 90 tipped for S SSx1, 8,9 Fuji Pro 85i S SSx1, PW Fuji Pro 95i S SSx1 // Cleveland CBX 50.11 Fuji Pro 95i S SSx1 //  Cleveland RTX3 56.14 bent 55.13 //  Nike VR X3X Toe Sweep 58.10  //  TaylorMade Spider Tour Red #3 Sightline 34" Super Stroke Pistol GT 2.0 //  Titleist Pro V1x //  McGregor Hybrid Stand/Cart Bag

US team impressive so far.

Stacy knows what she is doing as a captain - I'm not surprised.

Still all to play for, should be another good watch.

Srixon Z785 @10.5° Fujikura Atmos 6 X 44.5” //  Cobra King Ltd FWY @15.5° XCaliber FW S 43" //  Cobra F7 FWY @18.5° Aldila Tour Blue ATX 85 S 42.5" //  Titleist 818H1 #4 @20° Project X Hzardus Smoke Red RDX 80g 6.0 40" // Titleist 818H1 #6 @24° XCaliber HY S 39.25" // Srixon Z565 6-PW:  6,7 KBS PGI 90 tipped for S SSx1, 8,9 Fuji Pro 85i S SSx1, PW Fuji Pro 95i S SSx1 // Cleveland CBX 50.11 Fuji Pro 95i S SSx1 //  Cleveland RTX3 56.14 bent 55.13 //  Nike VR X3X Toe Sweep 58.10  //  TaylorMade Spider Tour Red #3 Sightline 34" Super Stroke Pistol GT 2.0 //  Titleist Pro V1x //  McGregor Hybrid Stand/Cart Bag

22 minutes ago, Rapidcat said:

Why pair Leona with Nordqvist, it didn't work first time. So Leona's hero-worship of Petterson gets rewarded by this? Play Leona with Maddie in the foursomes.

"As a player Pettersen's stubbornness was a plus but as a captain it's a definite negative. Her Nordic nepotism could very well be Europe's biggest handicap and putting out two rookies against such a powerful American pair was always likely to end as it did. If you're going to bed in rookies then 4 balls is the obvious way. The hugely experienced Ciganda not playing this morning was absolute folly."

"So Team Europe management sit down and say to themselves, 'where can we hold the Solheim cup?' I know lets play on a course that has Bermuda grass. That sounds great, then the captain picks 3 Scandinavians who have no real experience of playing on Bermuda. where as the USA team, half of them grew up on Bermuda. So 7 northern Europeans out of 12 with little experience of this type of grass".

"Euro captain is clueless. firstly why pair two of the shortest hitter Nordqvist and Maguire together, how many 200 yard shots did Maguire have to hit, how do you put out someone one struggling with a neck strain out in the cold of a morning, how the hell do you put out a rookie pair first, and lastly how do you leave Boutier off the afternoon 4 balls, she was sensational in the morning."

I was surprised leaving Boutier out in the afternoon matches.

The best European player in the world.

Figure It Out What GIF by CBC

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rapidcat said:

@JungleJimbo Yes, I rant well:classic_biggrin:

• Haha 3

2 minutes ago, Jonnyuk74 said:

I'm no pro and never played on bemuda but wouldn't you play like an 8 iron back of stance and just get it out like a long putt? Hark at me eh.😛 Was tough but she certainly made a mess of it. I'm going for 8 all by tonite!!🤩

We have it a lot in Oz too, we call it couch (pronounced cooch) grass.

Problem is getting your leading edge 'caught' in the grass, then you get some under-powered or squirrely results. Fine margins.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Rapidcat said:

We have it a lot in Oz too, we call it couch (pronounced cooch) grass.

Problem is getting your leading edge 'caught' in the grass, then you get some under-powered or squirrely results. Fine margins.

Fair enough, was tough shot. Lexi has impressed me more than not though actually. 

• Like 3

Haha I meant, she rolled in that what ... 30 footer on #1 to rattle Celine to the point she missed a like 2 footer ... then that what? Maybe 15 footer to win #2? 

But yeah, doesn't look like anyone else is making anything. 

Titleist TSR3 8° LA GOLF DJ 

Titleist TS2 18° Diamana D+

Titleist TSR2 21° Diamana D+ 

Titleist TSi2 24° Diamana D+

Titleist T100 5-7, 620MB LA GOLF L

Vokey 50.8°F, 56.14°F, 60.04°T LA GOLF WV

Scotty Cameron Newport LA GOLF P

1 minute ago, ChronicSlicer said:

Considering it looks like she goes full send on every shot, perhaps her massive recoil has done in her back.

Who has the back issues? I thought it was Charley Hull (but not sure if you're referring to another player currently playing playing in the morning alternate-shot).

18 minutes ago, JungleJimbo said:

Who has the back issues? I thought it was Charley Hull (but not sure if you're referring to another player currently playing playing in the morning alternate-shot).

@MagicClassic407 mentioned she heard Charley was feeling I'll, @SEP1006 said announcers mentioned possible back issues, so yes Charley.

• Like 1