2024 John Deere Classic WITB Photos ×

2023 Solheim Cup (Sep 22-24)

18majors

Don't want it to happen, but team Euro trash is going to whip up on the US team.  LT is going to look silly....along with SL.  SL should just play instead of LT, she's actually played as well as anyone else the last few months.  I don't even see it being close.

• Like 1

Titleist TSR2 10*| MCA Tensei AV blue (SFW) Xlink 55 S

Titleist TSR2 3 HL 16.5*| MCA Tensei AV blue Xlink 65 S

Titleist TSR2 7 Wood 21*| MCA Tensei AV blue Xlink 75 S

Ping i230 4 - UW (pwrspc)| Nippon Modus3 Tour 105 R

Cleveland RTX6 ZipCore 56*/mid, 60*/low| Nippon Modus3 Tour 105 Wedge
Odyssey AI-ONE #7 CH
Srixon Z Star

Definitely Sagstrom and Dryburgh, the two locks for team euro.

Think the two German girls - Cowan (who's been playing great of late) and Henseleit (4x top 20s in past 5x starts) would round off the team really nicely. 

Very strong from top to bottom. 

Hopefully a few words will be said to Carlota re pace of play...

Pano's win over the weekend definitely helps her chances - the fact LT could go and she won't is a total sham.

• Like 2

Driver - Ping G430 LST 9* HZRDUS Smoke Black 60X

3 Wood - TaylorMade Stealth 15* Ventus Blue 80X

Hybrid - Nike VR_S Covert Tour 19* Kuro Kage Silver 80X

Irons 3 to PW - Kyeoi KK CB KBS $-Taper 125X / Black Gloss

Wedge - Cleveland RTX 6 Zipcore Black Satin 48/10 DG Spinner

Wedge - Cleveland RTX 6 Zipcore Raw Finish 52/10 DG Spinner

Wedge - Cleveland RTX 6 Zipcore Black Satin 56/12 DG Spinner

Wedge - Cleveland 588 RTX Black Pearl 60/12 DG Wedge

Putter - Scotty Cameron Tei3 Newport Long Neck Custom Copper Finish              

Ball - Bridgestone Tour B X

27 minutes ago, 18majors said:

European Team confirmed:

A lot of Swedes. Sagstrom's Solheim record is underwhelming in total at 2-4-0 yet she won both singles matches in her 2 events.

Pederson also a losing record at 3-4-0.

Srixon Z785 @10.5° Fujikura Atmos 6 X 44.5” //  Cobra King Ltd FWY @15.5° XCaliber FW S 43" //  Cobra F7 FWY @18.5° Aldila Tour Blue ATX 85 S 42.5" //  Titleist 818H1 #4 @20° Project X Hzardus Smoke Red RDX 80g 6.0 40" // Titleist 818H1 #6 @24° XCaliber HY S 39.25" // Srixon Z565 6-PW:  6,7 KBS PGI 90 tipped for S SSx1, 8,9 Fuji Pro 85i S SSx1, PW Fuji Pro 95i S SSx1 // Cleveland CBX 50.11 Fuji Pro 95i S SSx1 //  Cleveland RTX3 56.14 bent 55.13 //  Nike VR X3X Toe Sweep 58.10  //  TaylorMade Spider Tour Red #3 Sightline 34" Super Stroke Pistol GT 2.0 //  Titleist Pro V1x //  McGregor Hybrid Stand/Cart Bag

Not a fan of the Hedwall, EKP, or Sagstrom picks. Once again, they give zero thought to the players who play on the LET full time or most of the time. Can't see why Cowan, Spilkova, Trevino, and many others get to watch Caroline Hedwall play, while they are on the couch watching.

Edited by ChronicSlicer
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, 3whacker said:

I thought Ewart Shadoff was a no brainer, that's disappointing

Maybe there is still some residual "beef" in the England camp from when Hull and Hall skipped the Intl Crown at the 11th hour.  That or Suzanne is showing some heavy bias towards the Scandinavian countries, being Norwegian and all. 

Re Europe, I question the EKP and Hedwall picks but at least Hedwall has a plus Solheim record.

Ewart's Solheim record is poor at 3–6–1

Got to trust the Captain's knowledge of players, venue and formats, plus it's on her head.

Problem is that no one else stands out as a 'must pick' that was passed over.

• Like 3

Srixon Z785 @10.5° Fujikura Atmos 6 X 44.5” //  Cobra King Ltd FWY @15.5° XCaliber FW S 43" //  Cobra F7 FWY @18.5° Aldila Tour Blue ATX 85 S 42.5" //  Titleist 818H1 #4 @20° Project X Hzardus Smoke Red RDX 80g 6.0 40" // Titleist 818H1 #6 @24° XCaliber HY S 39.25" // Srixon Z565 6-PW:  6,7 KBS PGI 90 tipped for S SSx1, 8,9 Fuji Pro 85i S SSx1, PW Fuji Pro 95i S SSx1 // Cleveland CBX 50.11 Fuji Pro 95i S SSx1 //  Cleveland RTX3 56.14 bent 55.13 //  Nike VR X3X Toe Sweep 58.10  //  TaylorMade Spider Tour Red #3 Sightline 34" Super Stroke Pistol GT 2.0 //  Titleist Pro V1x //  McGregor Hybrid Stand/Cart Bag

On 8/21/2023 at 9:41 PM, Lobby said:

No wonder Lexi hasn’t been wanting to play.  All these negative posts about her are like stabs to her heart. 

lexi is undoubtedly trying her best. At the Chevron, I saw her spending a bunch of time on the practice putting green

i know if these words were said about me, I’d be crushed. 

First of all, you are kidding yourself if Thompson is reading posts here.  Secondly, would you say this about a male golfer?  This sounds a lot like a "leave the poor little girl alone."  She doesn't have to play professional golf.  

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Rapidcat said:

Re Europe, I question the EKP and Hedwall picks but at least Hedwall has a plus Solheim record.

Ewart's Solheim record is poor at 3–6–1

Got to trust the Captain's knowledge of players, venue and formats, plus it's on her head.

Problem is that no one else stands out as a 'must pick' that was passed over.

I think both teams are not deep in talent. The first eight or so - great - then it's desperation time. You might think Ewart-Shadoff is a bad pick, but if not her, who? They are going to have to pick some out of form players, or very lowly ranked.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Raving Shanker said:

I think both teams are not deep in talent. The first eight or so - great - then it's desperation time. You might think Ewart-Shadoff is a bad pick, but if not her, who? They are going to have to pick some out of form players, or very lowly ranked.

Yeah, I agree with you.

Also I'm not suggesting JY-S is a bad pick, just that she didn't make herself 'unmissable' as the next in the world rankings.

Re EKP, @JungleJimbo posted the latest LET podcast interviewing Leona and she said that Finca Cortesin is wide open from the tee and will suit long hitters, hence I guess suitable for EKP.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Rapidcat said:

Yeah, I agree with you.

Also I'm not suggesting JY-S is a bad pick, just that she didn't make herself 'unmissable' as the next in the world rankings.

Re EKP, @JungleJimbo posted the latest LET podcast interviewing Leona and she said that Finca Cortesin is wide open from the tee and will suit long hitters, hence I guess suitable for EKP.

I just remembered, but about 8 months ago Peter Finch played at Finca, and did a 18-hole vlog.  He also shot a bunch of shorter videos while they were there, doing club comparisons etc.  He used what will be the 1st hole at Solheim for some driver testing, and it is an incredible looking course.

Course Vlog vid here.  The fourth hole as he plays it, will be the first hole for Solheim.

fincafinch.jpg

• Like 2

Ping G425 MAX Flat Big + (Grand Bassara 29R)

Adams Idea Pro A12 Proto 16* and 20* (Adams Ultralight 50 Ladies)

Honma Rose Proto 4-9  (Bassara 50HI)

ProtoC P2 46.5* (Bassara 50HI)

Ping Glide 4 52* and 58* (BAssara 50HI)

McGregor Bobby Grace VFoil M5K Putter

11 hours ago, Rapidcat said:

Yeah, I agree with you.

Podcast synopsis:

Episode 27: Leona Maguire

The LET Golf Podcast

23 Aug

39 min 57 sec

”With Suzann Pettersen’s squad now finalised for the 2023 Solheim Cup, the star of Toledo is in town this week as Ireland’s Leona Maguire swings by following the big reveal. Joining us from her homeland ahead of the KPMG Women’s Irish Open, Maguire weighs in on Suzann’s captain’s picks before deep diving into what it means to represent Team Europe. The two-time LPGA winner takes us on a trip down memory lane as we learn about her sporty upbringing with twin Lisa, her memories playing in the PING Junior Solheim Cup, and what it was like to meet her idols when the sisters became the youngest players to tee up on the LET aged just 12(!). Leona then reveals what Celine Boutier was like as a student at Duke University before picking the best dream fourball possible during our rapid fire Q&A. ”

• Like 1

Linn Grant moves like a big cat (naturally I approve). Maybe she ends up being the women's 'Big Cat' aka Tiger? (yeah, I know, bit of a stretch).

Fab swing, power and grace. Excellent all round game.

Can't wait to see how she performs at The Solheim.

• Like 1

On 8/19/2023 at 4:52 PM, Shilgy said:

Who do you pair Lexi with? She seems to be way in the outside of the current team (and the whole tour for that matter). She was an LPGA golden girl for a long time but the only other tour player I know of her hanging out with was Jaye MG. Does she even want to be a part of the locker room?

minimizing the damage for US team, i thing is better

if Lexi plays only one game, single game, then US team loses only ONE point

• Like 1

10 hours ago, maucca said:

minimizing the damage for US team, i thing is better

if Lexi plays only one game, single game, then US team loses only ONE point

Hmm, that’s weird….you replied to my post but that is not my post on the screen.  It’s the post I replied to.  

By chance did you do a bit of copy paste rather than just hitting the quote button.

No harm and welcome to wrx!

Wilson Dynapower Carbon Mitsu Kai’li 60S

Wilson Dynapower 3+ 13.5° HZRDUS Black 70

Wilson UDI 3 HZRDUS Black 90

Wilson 4-6 Dynapower forged/ 7-P Staff CB all Nippon Pro Modus 115s

Wilson ZM forged 50° 56° 60° DG TI Spinner wedge

Cameron Newport w/ flow neck by Lamont/    Cameron Del Mar

On 8/21/2023 at 9:33 PM, pjc said:

Don't want it to happen, but team Euro trash is going to whip up on the US team.  LT is going to look silly....along with SL.  SL should just play instead of LT, she's actually played as well as anyone else the last few months.  I don't even see it being close.

Based on stats, really hard to argue that sentiment. These team events can certainly bring out unexpected levels of play and my hope is that Team USA catches lightening in a bottle as I suspect they'll need too to win.  Watching LT yesterday was painful.  They had Stacy Lewis in the booth talking about the upcoming picks and they happen to be covering Lexi slog her way down the hole... then leaving a 40 ft lag putt 15 feet out 🫣.  After watching yesterday, Stacy probably wishes she had a Captain's un-pick 😂.

• Haha 4

On 8/23/2023 at 10:22 AM, postfold said:

LOL.  They're captain's picks.  Took the players she believed could best help the Euros win.  She could have picked four unranked players from Bulgaria and be completely within her rights to do so.

At the risk of being "banned", GOLFWRX much ado over nothing... can't blame them for trying to promote, however

4 hours ago, Shakeshook said:

At the risk of being "banned", GOLFWRX much ado over nothing... can't blame them for trying to promote, however

Matt Vincenzi, the "author" of that article, is pure trash.  He has turned the main news page for GolfWRX into TMZ.  All he does is cut and paste twitter articles and re-type the contents.  The fact the owners of GolfWRX condone this, and place so much of his garbage on the home page every single day, just proves they are digging for clicks.

This is what modern journalism has become on sites like this; cutting and pasting twitter feeds.    

• Like 1

Ping G425 MAX Flat Big + (Grand Bassara 29R)

Adams Idea Pro A12 Proto 16* and 20* (Adams Ultralight 50 Ladies)

Honma Rose Proto 4-9  (Bassara 50HI)

ProtoC P2 46.5* (Bassara 50HI)

Ping Glide 4 52* and 58* (BAssara 50HI)

McGregor Bobby Grace VFoil M5K Putter

• 18majors changed the title to 2023 Solheim Cup (Sep 22-24)