2024 John Deere Classic WITB Photos ×

Titleist 2023 irons

Wonderboy

14 hours ago, Golfballwackerguy17 said:

Got to hit them today. I will say the t200 and t350 were by far the most improved in every way. 

Idk if I am the only one but I was little disappointed in the t100 and t150. Been a long time player of the t100 and before that the ap2s… switched to Srixon zx7 mkii this season and I don’t think I am going back to t100. The t100 seemed very similar to my old 21 t100 didn’t see any improvement… the t150 I liked a lot but the zx7 just feels so much better. 

but being the golfwrx’er I am most likely going to order a set to mess around. T200 4 iron (shocked how good this felt) and 5-pw t150s. 

Im on a Srixon MKII Combo....would you say the t150 is between the ZX7 and ZX5 in distance, looks and feel or more like the 5 or is the T200 more like the 5 and t150 more like the 7?

15 minutes ago, jt2gt said:

Im on a Srixon MKII Combo....would you say the t150 is between the ZX7 and ZX5 in distance, looks and feel or more like the 5 or is the T200 more like the 5 and t150 more like the 7?

they’re different clubs. The feel of either Srixon is better / softer than what Titleist has. Distance depends a lot on delivery. Looks wise probably T150 more similar to ZX7. T200 def more like ZX5 in the looks department. 

Titleist TSR2 10° Ventus TR Red | Titleist TSI2 3 wood 15° | Callaway UW 19° | Titleist T100 | Taylormade MG3 | Toulon Design Portland

3 hours ago, Carolina Golfer 2 said:

I could have easily gone all T200 or combo. The numbers between the 200 and 350 weren’t drastically different.  

I was happy with the sound and feel of the T350 and thought why not go with the little bit more forgiveness.  

It wouldn’t be unlike me to order the 7-p or 8-p in T200 at some point judt to spice things up 😬

what were the lofts on the T350's?

_________________________________________________________________________________________

:taylormade: Qi10 Max 12* Fujikura Ventus Blue TR 5R

PING G430 SFT 5w 19* | 7w 22* Alta CB Black (set to +/Flat)

Exotics Xrail 5h 26* Graphite Design Tour G

Callaway Paradym Ai Smoke HL 6-AW True Temper Elevate 85R

PING Glide 4.0 56* WS Nippon Z-115

Cleveland CBX Full Face 2 60* | Smart Sole C 4.0

PING PLD Anser 2D

1 hour ago, blades_are_life said:

garbage fitter wtf

Like sure it was shorter than my current T100(S) which is 2 degrees stronger, but I specifically said I am not looking for distance in my 7-Pw or even 6-PW.  

I am either sticking with my current sticks which is 21 T100(S) then 48 bent to 49 then 54 and 58 bent to 59.  Or going T100 PW-6 T150 5iron and I actually recently dumped my 4i for a TSr3 21 half inch short set to 22 with 100 gram shaft, and its honestly so far been the best decision ive made. I can hit down on it off the tee and it still goes 210ish, I can pick it clean and launch it higher, doesnt spin too much but goes high enough, can punch it out of rough and get it going down the fairway on par 5s.

I have 3 slight issues with my current setup at the moment. 

1. could be all mental, but for some reason chipping around the greens was easier with my old 50 than my current 49, my 49 is a bit hot, now it could be the fact that my 49 is actually 49 and 50 was weaker (it was never checked)

2. My 54 is my 90-105 club stock, very little manipulation.  Sure I can get it to 110-113, but would rather not swing at a sand wedge so then my 49 is my 117-123 club stock, sure I can take some off of it and im fairly decent at doing it, but for some reason I get so many of those shots, I feel like I might benefit having a 50 degree. 

3.  Same as 2 just at 125ish number, where the 44 PW just doesnt have enough loft to take it off and my 49 sure I can get it there but again im ripping at it.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, erock9174 said:

what were the lofts on the T350's?

5=23

6=26

7=29

8=33

9=38

P=43

• Thanks 1

Titleist TSR 1 GD Di 5  Stiff

Titleist TSR 1  15 & 18* Adilia Speed Mesh R

Titleist TSR 1  21* Hybrid Kuro Kage R 
Titlesit T350 6-P 43 STeelFiber I80
Vokey
SM 46/54/58  Scotty Cameron Special Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

12 minutes ago, Carolina Golfer 2 said:

5=23

6=26

7=29

8=33

9=38

P=43

thanks

• Like 1

Cobra Radspeed XD 10.5
Callaway rogue 3 wood
Callaway rogue 5 wood
Callaway Hawkeye 7 wood.
Taylormade M6 irons 5 to pw,aw, sw, 2 degrees upright +half an inch longer
Callaway  mack daddy cb 60 wedge
Titleist trufeel/Callaway supersoft balls
Odyssey 7s black

43 minutes ago, goudok said:

Like sure it was shorter than my current T100(S) which is 2 degrees stronger, but I specifically said I am not looking for distance in my 7-Pw or even 6-PW.  

Yeah I'm not one to endorse going all Karen on things but I don't think you could have been faulted for stopping the fitting and asking for a refund at that point. If they can't listen to and work with basic declarations like that you can't really trust anything they are doing.

43 minutes ago, goudok said:

I actually recently dumped my 4i for a TSr3 21 half inch short set to 22 with 100 gram shaft, and its honestly so far been the best decision ive made. I can hit down on it off the tee and it still goes 210ish, I can pick it clean and launch it higher, doesnt spin too much but goes high enough, can punch it out of rough and get it going down the fairway on par 5s.

I did not replace anything else with this but I recently picked up a 915H 18° due to a great deal on it at a thrift store and noticed pretty much the exact same things you did re: the versatility and workability. It took like 10 balls at the range to realize how good of a club it was and maybe three holes in the first round I played with it to fall in love. Super nice clean feedback on contact, forgiving without feeling cheesy, and the visual aesthetic I would say is close to perfection. Titleist I think really crush it in that segment of the metalwood market.

44 minutes ago, goudok said:

I have 3 slight issues with my current setup at the moment. 

1. could be all mental, but for some reason chipping around the greens was easier with my old 50 than my current 49, my 49 is a bit hot, now it could be the fact that my 49 is actually 49 and 50 was weaker (it was never checked)

2. My 54 is my 90-105 club stock, very little manipulation.  Sure I can get it to 110-113, but would rather not swing at a sand wedge so then my 49 is my 117-123 club stock, sure I can take some off of it and im fairly decent at doing it, but for some reason I get so many of those shots, I feel like I might benefit having a 50 degree. 

3.  Same as 2 just at 125ish number, where the 44 PW just doesnt have enough loft to take it off and my 49 sure I can get it there but again im ripping at it.

I don't think its mental tbh, or if it is mental, then it is legitimate. Some wedges you just work better with than others, even if they are technically very similar. It seems to me pretty clear that you should go to a weaker PW (either the T100 or maybe if you want to get nifty, a 620MB bent strong - I say this because they are really beautiful clubs) and restore the 50 to the bag. Maybe it would be worth getting the loft on that checked first before you do anything so you know what you were actually working with?

20 minutes ago, jak77 said:

Had my Team Titleist fitting this morning and it went super well. What we settled on was completely different than what I thought I'd end up with. I'm a 7 hcdp with decent speed, and currently game 2021 T100S in 5-GW with MMT 125TX and a P770 4i with KBS Tour Lite X. Going in, I really wanted to dial in the shaft since I've been a little uneasy with the MMTs, and see which of the new models would be best for me. I pretty much self-fit into the 100S and the MMTs, and recently, I've been having doubts if this is the right combo. I'm playing pretty decently, but wanted to see if there was a better fit for me. I figured I'd probably land on T150 5-GW and possibly the T200 in the 4i slot. 

After hitting my 7i to get some baseline numbers, he immediately pulled the 620 CB for me to try. I was a little surprised since I'm a decent ball striker, but not a great one. I always assumed CBs were for elite ball strikers. He told me I had plenty of speed and height, and he felt that I didn't need the extra height pop that the new models provide (including the new T100). I told him I was pretty shocked he wasn't pushing me into one of the new models, and his response was "I'm a fitter, not a seller." Couldn't argue with that. After trying out a few shafts, we settled on the PX LS 6.5. Paired with the CBs, I was getting great strikes and dispersion. The CBs also felt amazing off the face and through the turf.

We then looked to see where I'd need the extra speed/help. Settled on the new T100 in 4-6. Since I generally see a higher ball flight, he wanted to bring it down a touch, so the fitter put the order together to strengthen them all 2 degrees. I didnt place the order with him after the fitting, but probably will in the next day or so. 

I'd highly recommend anyone on the fence about trying the new models to do so. Really, really happy I drove about an hour to do the Team Titleist fitting rather than waiting to try them at another fitter that was closer. We were hitting ProV1s on a grass range with trackman. Awesome experience, 10/10. First time in a long while I walked away from a fitting super impressed.

I snapped a picture of the T150, T100 (new), and my T100S (2021) for those interested in seeing the comparison in size on the deck.

titleistironcomparison.jpg.9561406de9f441b9f7c909cd7ebb113b.jpg

How were the 150 vs your t100s? I’m playing t100s

14 hours ago, Edwijn said:

Be careful of the AD driving iron, its not the same as hybridshaft in terms of feel or launch. I had it in a u500 for 2 years, sure it helt great but a smudge loose in X and i was then 110mph swingspeed so nothing crazy

I’ve had driving irons for years with old U model, T-MB 716, T-MB 718, U500 and T200 with AD DI Hybrid 85/95/105 and Tour AD Driving Iron (it was released during T-MB period) I very much prefer the Driving Iron shaft, but I do agree it’s a little loose. But I already have plenty of hight (also with 2-iron) and get way more penetrating ball flight with Driving Iron shaft compared to DI which goes higher and spins more. I just wish they had a 105 option also in Driving Iron shaft. 

34 minutes ago, TM135 said:

How were the 150 vs your t100s? I’m playing t100s

I didn’t even hit them. Only hit CBs and T100. I probably should’ve asked to just to try since I assumed that would be my fit going in. I totally forgot by the time we were done. Shows how much I know 😆

I snapped that picture before we started the fit. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, jak77 said:

I didn’t even hit them. Only hit CBs and T100. I probably should’ve asked to just to try since I assumed that would be my fit going in. I totally forgot by the time we were done. Shows how much I know 😆

I snapped that picture before we started the fit. 

Tough to tell from pic is the top line noticeable between 150 and t100s?

57 minutes ago, jak77 said:

Had my Team Titleist fitting this morning and it went super well. What we settled on was completely different than what I thought I'd end up with. I'm a 7 hcdp with decent speed, and currently game 2021 T100S in 5-GW with MMT 125TX and a P770 4i with KBS Tour Lite X. Going in, I really wanted to dial in the shaft since I've been a little uneasy with the MMTs, and see which of the new models would be best for me. I pretty much self-fit into the 100S and the MMTs, and recently, I've been having doubts if this is the right combo. I'm playing pretty decently, but wanted to see if there was a better fit for me. I figured I'd probably land on T150 5-GW and possibly the T200 in the 4i slot. 

After hitting my 7i to get some baseline numbers, he immediately pulled the 620 CB for me to try. I was a little surprised since I'm a decent ball striker, but not a great one. I always assumed CBs were for elite ball strikers. He told me I had plenty of speed and height, and he felt that I didn't need the extra height pop that the new models provide (including the new T100). I told him I was pretty shocked he wasn't pushing me into one of the new models, and his response was "I'm a fitter, not a seller." Couldn't argue with that. After trying out a few shafts, we settled on the PX LS 6.5. Paired with the CBs, I was getting great strikes and dispersion. The CBs also felt amazing off the face and through the turf.

We then looked to see where I'd need the extra speed/help. Settled on the new T100 in 4-6. Since I generally see a higher ball flight, he wanted to bring it down a touch, so the fitter put the order together to strengthen them all 2 degrees. I didnt place the order with him after the fitting, but probably will in the next day or so. 

I'd highly recommend anyone on the fence about trying the new models to do so. Really, really happy I drove about an hour to do the Team Titleist fitting rather than waiting to try them at another fitter that was closer. We were hitting ProV1s on a grass range with trackman. Awesome experience, 10/10. First time in a long while I walked away from a fitting super impressed.

I snapped a picture of the T150, T100 (new), and my T100S (2021) for those interested in seeing the comparison in size on the deck.

After this glowing review and your great experience with this fitting, why wouldn't you pull the trigger right there if your plan is to order in the next day or two anyway?  Not sure what type of facility you were fit at, but it's kind of maddening for the facility when they put on these great events for people to be fit and then see the customer walk away and order somewhere else.  Titleist doesn't care, they still get the sale if you end up ordering.

7 hours ago, Seidinho said:

they’re different clubs. The feel of either Srixon is better / softer than what Titleist has. Distance depends a lot on delivery. Looks wise probably T150 more similar to ZX7. T200 def more like ZX5 in the looks department. 

Srixon is definitely softer as they use a softer 1020 carbon steel. The new Z Forged II blade is absolute butter 

1 hour ago, Turok32 said:

After this glowing review and your great experience with this fitting, why wouldn't you pull the trigger right there if your plan is to order in the next day or two anyway?  Not sure what type of facility you were fit at, but it's kind of maddening for the facility when they put on these great events for people to be fit and then see the customer walk away and order somewhere else.  Titleist doesn't care, they still get the sale if you end up ordering.

This was booked through Titleist website and the fitter would’ve had them sent directly to me. Pretty sure the facility wouldn’t get any cut from the sale, but I didn’t ask so I could be wrong. I also still plan on placing the order through the fitter that fit me. Not elsewhere. 

The main reason I waited is I wanted my coach that I’ve been using regularly for the last three years to see my fit before I ordered. He knows my swing better than anyone and I wanted his opinion. The fitter fit me to my swing today, but he’s seen my swing every month for the last few years. 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, jak77 said:

I am a current T100S player they are launchers. Getting crazy numbers from them easily playing a 1/2 club to 1 club longer than my old MP223. Got the $taper 125 now. I will hope to have a fitting next week. Thinking about T100 6-PW maybe GW and T150 5iron.

We will see gonna leave it to the numbers at the fitting 

Edited by NZ315

42 minutes ago, jak77 said:

This was booked through Titleist website and the fitter would’ve had them sent directly to me. Pretty sure the facility wouldn’t get any cut from the sale, but I didn’t ask so I could be wrong. I also still plan on placing the order through the fitter that fit me. Not elsewhere. 

The main reason I waited is I wanted my coach that I’ve been using regularly for the last three years to see my fit before I ordered. He knows my swing better than anyone and I wanted his opinion. The fitter fit me to my swing today, but he’s seen my swing every month for the last few years. 

Any facility that is hosting a Titleist fitting day is getting a percentage if the clubs are purchased that day , usually they offer a slight discount to encourage you to purchase immediately and not go elsewhere 

4 hours ago, JourdanM said:

I just think they feel like s***. 

Wow, really? Actually found the LZ to be one of the smoother feeling shafts out there. Feel similar to Modus line to me. 

Titleist TSR2 10° Ventus TR Red | Titleist TSI2 3 wood 15° | Callaway UW 19° | Titleist T100 | Taylormade MG3 | Toulon Design Portland