2024 CJ Cup Byron Nelson WITB Photos ×

2023 Aramco Team Series - Florida (May 19th - 21st)

How is Lexi Thompson still ranked #7??!!.  I mean it seems like she's been there forever and hasn't done anything that I can remember except miss putts!  She missed the cut again last week.  WTH?

Titleist TSR2 10*| MCA Tensei AV blue (SFW) Xlink 55 S

Titleist TSR2 3 HL 16.5*| MCA Tensei AV blue Xlink 65 S

Titleist TSR2 7 Wood 21*| MCA Tensei AV blue Xlink 75 S

Mizuno JPX 923 Forged 4 iron| N.S. Pro 980GH DST S

Mizuno JPX 923 Forged 5-GW| N.S. Pro 1050GH S

Cleveland RTX 6 Zipcore 54* & 58*| N.S. Pro Modus³ Tour 115 Wedge
Ping 2023 Anser
Srixon Z Star

12 hours ago, Jonnyuk74 said:

I think Linn is a class above Maja, although time will tell obviously. Just cannot ignore the scandi mixed last year and what an amazing achievement that was. Not only for Linn but for women's golf across the board.  I really think she will raise the bar, there are no weaknesses that I can see in her game. Plus she looks right and I'm sure Adidas will market the hell out of her. But that's still all good for the exposure of the women's game. 

I like them both so far they have almost identical resumes and are neck and neck in Rolex, the Annika kids are looking 💪

• Like 2

I guess so, I just don't know when she was a runner up, or just don't recall anything newsworthy about her.

Ping 2023 Anser
Srixon Z Star

5 minutes ago, pjc said:

I guess so, I just don't know when she was a runner up, or just don't recall anything newsworthy about her.

She had a good 2022 w 4 runner ups, a number of other top 10s, 7th in CME, and she nabbed a win on LET. Lexi has been a top 10 player for a decade now which is quite impressive! 

• Like 1

Like I was saying, she hasn't won anything in quite a while.  Still don't understand how she can stay ranked the way she has without doing so.  So many other player's winning and making large waves.  Seems like she can do nothing and just keep the top 10 ranking.  Her game is very lacking, sure she can place in some tournaments because she can slap the ball around a long distance, but that's it.  I would hate to see her putting stats....good grief!!  I guess if she continues to do nothing as she has so far we might see her ranking slip down to #8....😂

Ping 2023 Anser
Srixon Z Star

9 minutes ago, pmcuk said:

I just pulled up the LET website to check on the leaderboard.

There is no leaderboard tab on the website. 

Brilliant. 

@pmcuk 
Tournament starts on Friday (not today).

On the main LET website, the Leaderboard will be on the right-side of the screen.

For time being, The Leaderboard placeholder is taken up by a 'Tournament Entries' box instead

https://ladieseuropeantour.com/reports-page/?tourn=2013&season=2023&report=tmentry~season=2023~alphaorder~

image.png.d9a49c8c34512d8df866f1d133c2a411.png 

8 hours ago, pjc said:

Like I was saying, she hasn't won anything in quite a while.  Still don't understand how she can stay ranked the way she has without doing so.  So many other player's winning and making large waves.  Seems like she can do nothing and just keep the top 10 ranking.  Her game is very lacking, sure she can place in some tournaments because she can slap the ball around a long distance, but that's it.  I would hate to see her putting stats....good grief!!  I guess if she continues to do nothing as she has so far we might see her ranking slip down to #8....😂

I agree. I can't watch her swing. It just can't hold up under pressure and she's proved it time and again. Her short game is abysmal. She kind of reminds me of Bryson in a since that she can't seem to dial her swing back for those touch shots. It's all or nothing it seems.

• Like 1

^^^^Other great points!!  It is hard to watch her play, it's so awkward to say the least!

Ping 2023 Anser
Srixon Z Star

11 hours ago, pjc said:

Im not sure if you listen to Pressles commentate but she routinely call Lexi one of the best putters on the LPGA... which is its own can of worms, seriously how can someone say that so many times lol.

Lexi has played this year just the IC, a major, and two amarco events? Im surprised shes still so high up the rankings aswell. Didnt she want to become a make up mogul or whatever? Just playing the bigger viewed events and the big investors/appearance fee events.

Edited by Tasals

12 minutes ago, Tasals said:

Im not sure if you listen to Pressles commentate but she routinely call Lexi one of the best putters on the LPGA... which is its own can of worms, seriously how can someone say that so many times lol.

Lexi has played this year just the IC, a major, and two amarco events? Im surprised shes still so high up the rankings aswell. Didnt she want to become a make up mogul or whatever? Just playing the bigger viewed events and the big investors/appearance fee events.

She's played 2 LPGA events as well (MC, T31). I'm sure she will be skipping The Open again this year as well 😞

6 hours ago, NailedIt said:

I agree. I can't watch her swing. It just can't hold up under pressure and she's proved it time and again. Her short game is abysmal. She kind of reminds me of Bryson in a since that she can't seem to dial her swing back for those touch shots. It's all or nothing it seems.

Her swing is so ugly and bad it has earned her 13.6 million dollars, 11 LPGA wins, 84 top tens. I guess it works ok for her...

• Haha 3

5 minutes ago, ChronicSlicer said:

Her swing is so ugly and bad it has earned her 13.6 million dollars, 11 LPGA wins, 84 top tens. I guess it works ok for her...

No doubt she's made a nice living off her skills, I just don't enjoy watching her play. That's the beauty of sports. We all have our favorite team or player for better or worse, right or wrong.

19 hours ago, woahnelly said:

The disrespect getting out of hand! 

Disrespect??  WTF, nobody here knows Lexi Thompson, how can anyone be disrespecting her??  That sounds adolescent, this is a golf forum to express opinions on, good, bad, indifferent.  Nobody has said that she hasn't won a bunch of money in the past, it's a simple fact that she has not been any good for a good bit of time now.  She can't put, which is 100% true, her game in general seems to be very erratic to say the least, she doesn't deserve to be playing team events, be ranked #7, etc....  She is missing cuts, she looks like she is just going through the motions out there, been like that for a while also.  Quit using terms like disrespect, so what, we're being critical of her golf game, that's all....no disrespect

Edited by pjc

Ping 2023 Anser
Srixon Z Star

15 minutes ago, pjc said:

Disrespect??  WTF, nobody here knows Lexi Thompson, how can anyone be disrespecting her??  That sounds adolescent, this is a golf forum to express opinions on, good, bad, indifferent.  Nobody has said that she hasn't won a bunch of money in the past, it's a simple fact that she has not been any good for a good bit of time now.  She can't put, which is 100% true, her game in general seems to be very erratic to say the least, she doesn't deserve to be playing team events, be ranked #7, etc....  She is missing cuts, she looks like she is just going through the motions out there, been like that for a while also.  Quit using terms like disrespect, so what, we're being critical of her golf game, that's all....no disrespect

There's many points above about her game falling off with no facts to support them. The stats don't back up that notion, that's fine if people don't enjoy her swing, but let's not spread misinformation on a player just because we simply don't enjoy watching them play. 

• Like 2

2022 stats from LPGA website:

Ranked 2nd in GIR

Average putts per round 30.35 Ranked 107

Average putts per GIR 1.79 rank 33

Gets up and down from sand 52%.

My usage of the word abysmal to describe her short game may have been harsh, but she definitely doesn't make as many putts as she should based on the number of GIR. And only getting up and down from sand half the time isn't great either. She hasn't played much this year but she's trending the same or worse as of now. 

• Like 2

Also, I have nothing against Lexi the person, I'm sure she's a wonderful young lady. I just don't like her style of play and I think her short game is her weakness. The stats back that up. She hits it far enough off the tee, Ranked 8th last year, hits plenty of greens, but doesn't make enough putts. Not sure where the spreading of misinformation comes from. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, pjc said:

To say Lexi “has not been any good for a good bit of time”  isn’t accurate or a fact.  Granted this year she’s shown nothing, but in 2022 she had 7 top 10s with 4 seconds and a win on the LET.  Of US players only Nelly  and Lilia Vu had more top 10s with 8, so to say she “doesn’t deserve to be playing team events”  is just not backed up by data.  And since qualifying for team events as well as Rolex rankings are based on 2 years worth of play her record in 2021 was:  7 top 10s, 3 seconds, no missed cuts.

(And we can’t know if she “can’t put”, but I would agree it’s a putt  that is often a problem for her.) 🤣

• Like 4