2024 John Deere Classic WITB Photos ×

Paradym vs Paradym 3D

puresurfr

Well since I could not find a single Paradym 3D in 9* on BST , I broke down and got a standard Paradym to tie me over and it knocked out both my gamers on the very first day.  It knocked out the 430 Max and the 430LST and the TSR2 and the TSR3 and my beloved TSi3 ( still keeping this legend ).  My 3D gets here tomorrow and I rally find it hard to believe that it may be even longer, that would just be dumb stupid long ! 

For those of u that have owned both and course played both, what were your findings ?  Im sure the 3D is a trackman darling due to its low spin but is it really better in real time play ???

• Thanks 1

Hd Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

• Haha 3

Driver: Callaway Epic Max LS 9* Tensei 60TX
3 wood: Ping G425 14.5* Tour 75X
Hybrid: Ping G430 19* Kaili 85X
Utility: Srixon ZX 4-21.5* Project X LZ 6.5
Irons: Srixon ZX7 5-PW Project X LZ 6.5
Gap Wedge: Srixon ZX7 PW bent to 50*
Sand & Lob Wedges: Vokey SM8s - 54/12 D, 58/10 M
Putter: 2014 Scotty Cameron Fastback 20 gram weights

Ball: Titleist Pro VIx Left Dash

At address, after you have played the DDD, the regular Paradym looks huge.  I played the DDD with heavy weight at the back and it's launch a little bit lower and spin few hundred rpm less.  Regular a touch more forgiving also.  The main thing is the regular with the weight at the back can really help you dial in the ball flight.

I try to hit the DDD with heavy weight up front and it is just too much for me.  I tried to put a aftermarket 6g weight up front and it's just lower the launch and spin another 100 to 200 rpm and just not enough spin and launch for me.

BTW, I swing around 102 and AOA approx. 4 up.  Hope this help.

• Like 1

Callaway Paradym TD 9, Autoflex 505.

Callaway Paradym TD 15, Autoflex 505X.

TSR2 7 wood, Ventus TR 6S.
Paradym X 5 hybrid, Ventus 7S.

Paradym X 6 hybrid, Ventus 7S.

Paradym AI Smoke HL 8 hybrid, Ventus 8S.
PXG Gen4 0311ST, 8 to GW. Steelfiber Private Reserve 95R.
Artisan 54, 58. KBS TGI 90.

Callaway PM grind 64, KBS Hi-rev.
Odyssey 2 Balls Armlock.  Vessel Player 3 Stand Bag.

I have the TD and tested the regular.  TD is surprisingly more forgiving that previous models.  It's also neutral bias whereas previous models were more fade bias.  TD spun 200-300 rpm less for me on average.  Launch was similar. 

Callaway AI Smoke Paradym 💎💎💎9* - Tour AD VF-7TX

TM Qi10 Tour 15* - Diamana GT 80TX

TM Tour Issue Rescue 11 TP Deep Face Proto 16* - Ventus Black HB 9TX

New Level NLU-01 21* - KBS Hybrid Proto 105X

New Level 623-M 5-PW - MMT 125TX

Miura Tour 54* HB - KBS 610 125 S+, New Level SPN forged M-grind 58* - KBS Tour 130X

Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2

Ok finally got a chance to hit the 3D.  The 3D is awesome but its still has a fight to make the bag over the Paradym, the 3D had a hotter window fo rme and it was surprisingly straighter as well.  The normal Paradym had a higher launch window and carried further but was also higher spin.  I could work the 3D better but the stock Paradym had a larger sweet spot.  A best way to compare this is the 430Max vs 430LST.  I had the 3D with the 14g in the rear and the 2g up front, im sure if I moved the weights around, the difference may be quite dramatic.  I have ordered some weights to test out.  My first test will be to go 8/8 and see how that works.

Just now, puresurfr said:

Ok finally got a chance to hit the 3D.  The 3D is awesome but its still has a fight to make the bag over the Paradym, the 3D had a hotter window fo rme and it was surprisingly straighter as well.  The normal Paradym had a higher launch window and carried further but was also higher spin.  I could work the 3D better but the stock Paradym had a larger sweet spot.  A best way to compare this is the 430Max vs 430LST.  I had the 3D with the 14g in the rear and the 2g up front, im sure if I moved the weights around, the difference may be quite dramatic.  I have ordered some weights to test out.  My first test will be to go 8/8 and see how that works.

You could always play a low spin ball and super low spin shaft with the Paradym in order to get spin down to an optimal range. 

• Like 1

Miura Tour 54* HB - KBS 610 125 S+, New Level SPN forged M-grind 58* - KBS Tour 130X

Paradym TD is the best driver I’ve hit since the M5(would probably still

be in my bag had I not cracked the face). The longer the TD is in my bag, however, it continues to impress and be better for me than M5. Have used more driver and shaft combos since then than I’d care to count. The TD paired with Ad Hd is absolutely phenomenal for me! It is so so stable. The looks, the sound, the speed. I don’t think I would change one thing about it. Have a 9* and lofted to 10*. I did tinker with the weights and split the weight more evenly front and back. When those heads hit CPO at the end of the year, I’m planning to buy a couple backup heads. This thing isn’t leaving the bag anytime soon. 

• Like 1

• 5 months later...

I had a reg Paradym and it was a real fairway finder. It wasn't quite as long as my Rogue ST Max LS, but it was very close. Spin rates were a little high with the Paradym, so I swapped it out for a TD. My launch monitor says my average spin rate came down about 900 rpm, and I picked up 10 yards. So early returns are promising, but I won't know for sure until I get it out on the course this week.

23 hours ago, DLiver said:

I had a reg Paradym and it was a real fairway finder. It wasn't quite as long as my Rogue ST Max LS, but it was very close. Spin rates were a little high with the Paradym, so I swapped it out for a TD. My launch monitor says my average spin rate came down about 900 rpm, and I picked up 10 yards. So early returns are promising, but I won't know for sure until I get it out on the course this week.

Confirmed. Longer due to less spin (for me), and suprisingly playable when not struck particularly well.

I just had my best driving day of my life with the regular Paradym paired with the Hzrds Silver.  It was the best combination of distance and dispersion I've ever had. I just can't see a need to switch to the Triple D. I'm content for now. Well maybe until next year's crop of drivers are released.

4 hours ago, settling4birdie said:

I just had my best driving day of my life with the regular Paradym paired with the Hzrds Silver.  It was the best combination of distance and dispersion I've ever had. I just can't see a need to switch to the Triple D. I'm content for now. Well maybe until next year's crop of drivers are released.

No reason to change unless you are looking to reduce spin.

• Thanks 1

The 3D is very forgiving for what it is

Callaway Smoke TD Max 9*- hulk 60tx 

Callaway paradym TD 3W- evenflow white 75x 

Titleist TSi3 20* hybrid Matrix Black Tie 90x 
Callaway apex CB - 4-Pw - 6.0 PX LZ 
Cleveland RTX6 50/54/ S400 TI Onyx 
Vokey Wedgeworks 60* V-grind 
LAB DF3 

9 hours ago, Kale_m said:

The 3D is very forgiving for what it is

I tried all of the Paradym heads this season and the TD has an extra gear compared to the others.  I came from a Rogue ST Max LS and the TD is every bit as forgiving as the LS if not more so and longer.

Off center hits are not penalized as much as the old TD heads as you don’t have to hit the middle to have a respectable drive.  When you do hit the center the ball just goes.  

Feel and sound are much better on the TD as compared to the regular Paradym.  TD feels like a wood baseball bat at impact with a  muted sound and soft feel.  Regular Paradym feels more hollow to me and has more of a metallic sound to it.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Radeon962 said:

I tried all of the Paradym heads this season and the TD has an extra gear compared to the others.  I came from a Rogue ST Max LS and the TD is every bit as forgiving as the LS if not more so and longer.

Off center hits are not penalized as much as the old TD heads as you don’t have to hit the middle to have a respectable drive.  When you do hit the center the ball just goes.  

Feel and sound are much better on the TD as compared to the regular Paradym.  TD feels like a wood baseball bat at impact with a  muted sound and soft feel.  Regular Paradym feels more hollow to me and has more of a metallic sound to it.

I felt like the reg Paradym had a better sound/feel. Different people, different impressions. 😉

• Like 1

Thinking about taking advantage of the 20% CPO sale. Coming from and epic max ls 9° what would be the best head to go with, the std or td? I am wanting more forgiveness. I have a Ventus black shaft that helps tame some spin. 

Driver: Callaway Epic Max LS with KBS TD Cat 4 44.5" 

4w: '22 Rogue ST LS 16.5  Tensei AV Blue 75x

7w: '22 Callaway Apex UW 21 80s MMT

DI: Caley 01X 18* with KBS PGH 95

4-AW: PXG OG 0211  with KBS Tour Stiff 2.5* up 3/4" long MOI matched

Wedges: Cleveland Zipcore 54 Full/58 Mid 

Putter: DF2.1 35"69* in blue

Ball: Snell Prime 4.0

I have played the triple diamond paradigm all season and I cannot put into words how impressed I have been with this driver. I played the Rogue ST Max LS last year, and this is far and above a better driver on all metrics. I am not a typical 300 yard driver of the ball but I have had numerous in the range from 260 to 280 that I never had consistently with last years driver.

I have not hit a ball off the tee out of bounds in probably the last 15 to 20 rounds whereas I would previously knock one out every couple of rounds.   This driver checks all the boxes for me.

On 10/27/2023 at 7:55 AM, Rbsiedsc said:

Thinking about taking advantage of the 20% CPO sale. Coming from and epic max ls 9° what would be the best head to go with, the std or td? I am wanting more forgiveness. I have a Ventus black shaft that helps tame some spin. 

If you hit the sweet spot often with driver and your miss is slightly toe side, the TD is magic.  I find that when I miss it slightly heel side, it amplifies cut spin.  Regular Paradym will spin more and be more forgiving across the face overall compared to the TD. 

Edited by phizzy30
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I have primarily played an epic flash TC head with 57 lie and 252 CT for the last few years - bit of a low spin anti-left cannon. Would also carry a more forgiving higher spin head for tighter courses or wintertime when I don't play much - currently that head is the Rogue ST Max. Still have the TC flash head (and a backup TC head that has never been hit :)) but started playing a TSi3 late this summer, The Tsi3 spins a little more and seems pretty neutral to me so I play that head straight at the target and what I find is that when my drive gets offline it creeps offline instead of darting offline like the Flash TC head (due to lower spin), thus keeping more drives in play. I don't have the King Kong ball with it like the Flash TC head, but it's long enough and the misses aren't as penal. The thing about the Flash TC head is that it's a one way miss, right, which is just fine because it's predictable and I play for the fade with this head, sometimes they are so low spin they can still get away from me though. I tried both Paradym heads (try new stuff every year) and my experience with the regular Paradym head was that it was not much different than the Rogue ST Max for me so I just kept the ST Max. I also had a little trouble adjusting to the crown aesthetics as I prefer plain crowns, dull or gloss is fine; just don't like multi color/material crowns.....or turbulators (love to see PING change that one day). As for the TD head, I had the Gorilla ball with it for sure, but what I had with that head was a two way miss....Don't have that with any of my current drivers, but had it with that head. It was primarily a baby fade (my go to shot) but a couple times a round I would get a draw (death if you are playing for a fade). They were well struck shots so best I could figure is they were low spin knuckle balls that moved left on me....Thought that was strange honestly. It was super long but that unpredictability for me would lead to those shots being OB, then the others would be great and felt much better than the Flash TC head. Had to move on from the TD though because of that. Looking forward to what they have in store in a couple months - as they always release new stuff in January. 

Edited by swing33