2024 CJ Cup Byron Nelson WITB Photos ×

Proxima Shaft- AutoFlex and Ventus TR competitor

My2Dogs

59 minutes ago, phizzy30 said:

Still following in this thread.  I'm a handle yanker so I'm reluctant to pull the trigger on these ultra lite and whippy shafts.  Do you find the Proxima to work for aggressive transitions or is it another Autoflex/Metaflex where you gotta smooth out transition to reap the benefits?  Anyone else in this thread that has the Proxima is free to answer as well. 

I have the Proxima 5S and it is no where close to being as whippy as the A/F. I too have an aggressive transition. I can go hard (for me) at the Proxima and I never lose it one way or the other. 

• Thanks 1

DRIVER -     PXG Black OPs Tour 1 - 8* | 🔥KHT AUTOFLEX SF505🔥   
2 WD -         PXG Gen 6  13* |  🔥KHT AUTOFLEX SF505🔥

2/3/4 Hybrids- PXG Gen 6 | Accra Tour 90i Stiff

IRONS -       PXG Gen 6 XP DOUBLE BLACK | MMT 80 Stiff                     
WEDGES -  PXG Sugar Daddy II 54*/13 and 58*/10 | MMT 80 Stiff  
PUTTERS - LAB MEZZ MAX Blue Head w/White Accra Shaft

LAB MEZZ MAX Red Head w/Black Accra Shaft
BAG -           PXG Staff Bag

Just now, SEP1006 said:

I have the Proxima 5S and it is no where close to being as whippy as the A/F. I too have an aggressive transition. I can go hard (for me) at the Proxima and I never lose it one way or the other. 

Now I have to find a way to test one because I can't see myself dropping 650 blindly, lol. 

Callaway AI Smoke Paradym 💎💎💎9* - Tour AD VF-7TX

TM SIM ti 15* - Diamana GT 80TX

TM Tour Issue Rescue 11 TP Deep Face Proto 16* - Ventus Black HB 9TX

New Level NLU-01 21* - KBS Hybrid Proto 105X

New Level 623-M 5-PW - MMT 125TX

Miura Tour 54* HB - KBS 610 125 S+, New Level SPN forged M-grind 58* - KBS Tour 130X

Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2

21 minutes ago, SEP1006 said:

Just curious...what is your swing speed and what other shafts have you played? I am considering a Proxima in 5S.

39 minutes ago, SEP1006 said:

Sounds like I need one to test soon, currently testing AF 505X and Ventus Blue Velocore + in 6 Regular tipped 1/2"

Titleist TSR2 11 w/ 2024 Fujikura Ventus + Blue 6 

TaylorMade Qi10 16.5 w/ Fujikura Ventus Blue TR 7

Titleist TSR2 7 wood 21 w/ Fujikura Ventus Blue TR 8 

PXG 0311X 18 w/ Graphite Design DI 95

PXG Gen 6 DC P's 5-GW w/ Fujikura Axiom 105

PXG SD2 56/60 Raw w/ LA Golf WV 115

Scotty Cameron 009 

Titleist ProV1X

Vessel Player IV

3 hours ago, phizzy30 said:

Still following in this thread.  I'm a handle yanker so I'm reluctant to pull the trigger on these ultra lite and whippy shafts.  Do you find the Proxima to work for aggressive transitions or is it another Autoflex/Metaflex where you gotta smooth out transition to reap the benefits?  Anyone else in this thread that has the Proxima is free to answer as well. 

It's not whippy like a ladies flex but it does kick. Both Riley and I agree there. I'm a mid loader, probably on the smoother side of transition but thats probably not helping you. What we also found is that when we both "went for it" or press it it was still very, very stable. We both expected it to hook like crazy but never saw that. Riley swings way more faster than me and his miss is the left and we never saw that with the 5X

However, I am there at Balboa range in the evenings of Tuesday and Friday so if you want to pop down for a meet & greet, you're perfectly welcome to try the shaft. Or if you are there, feel free to introduce yourself to RileyM. He teaches there 5 days a week

Hope this helps

• Thanks 1

Driver: Taylormade Stealth 2+ 9*, Proxima 5X 

Fairways: Callaway - Rogue ST LS 13.5* & Fujikura Red TR 5S // Callaway Diablo Edge Tour 15* & Miyazaki C Kua 43S

Hybrid:   Cobra Speedzone 3 hybrid 19*

Irons:       Ping i530 5-PW AWT 2.0 matte black shafts, JumboMax STR8 Ultralite grips
Wedges: Cleveland CBX2 48, Ben Hogan Equalizer 52*, Cleveland Full Face 56*, KBS TGI 100 shafts
Putter:     LAB Golf Mezz.1 ACCRA shaft / Directed Force Reno "2.05 Presse IV tweaked" Putter with OG BGT Stability shaft
Srixon XV 5/6 or Vice Pro Plus. JumboMax STR8 Ultralite grips

Moe Norman/Graves Single Plane Swing

Just now, SwingBlues said:

It's not whippy like a ladies flex but it does kick. Both Riley and I agree there. I'm a mid loader, probably on the smoother side of transition but thats probably not helping you. What we also found is that when we both "went for it" or press it it was still very, very stable. We both expected it to hook like crazy but never saw that. Riley swings way more faster than me and his miss is the left and we never saw that with the 5X

However, I am there at Balboa range in the evenings of Tuesday and Friday so if you want to pop down for a meet & greet, you're perfectly welcome to try the shaft. Or if you are there, feel free to introduce yourself to RileyM. He teaches there 5 days a week

Hope this helps

My cousin lives in Studio City so I may very well take you up on that offer. 

• Like 1

Miura Tour 54* HB - KBS 610 125 S+, New Level SPN forged M-grind 58* - KBS Tour 130X

1 hour ago, phizzy30 said:

My cousin lives in Studio City so I may very well take you up on that offer. 

No worries. PM me before hand, I can get the shaft hooked up to your Ai Smoke 3D head 😁  

• Thanks 1

Fairways: Callaway - Rogue ST LS 13.5* & Fujikura Red TR 5S // Callaway Diablo Edge Tour 15* & Miyazaki C Kua 43S

Irons:       Ping i530 5-PW AWT 2.0 matte black shafts, JumboMax STR8 Ultralite grips
Wedges: Cleveland CBX2 48, Ben Hogan Equalizer 52*, Cleveland Full Face 56*, KBS TGI 100 shafts
Putter:     LAB Golf Mezz.1 ACCRA shaft / Directed Force Reno "2.05 Presse IV tweaked" Putter with OG BGT Stability shaft

6 hours ago, phizzy30 said:

Now I have to find a way to test one because I can't see myself dropping 650 blindly, lol. 

Yeh, I can see that. Even though that's exactly what I did when the Autoflex came out a few years ago. Dropped $750 based on what I read here and reviews. @My2Dogswas a great help and that's what finally convinced me. 

6 hours ago, junkfry said:

Just curious...what is your swing speed and what other shafts have you played? I am considering a Proxima in 5S.

I'm 66 but in great physical shape, work out 6 days a week religiously. My Driver swing speed averages about 90 + a couple. Been playing the Autoflex SF 505 for the last few years. Before that I played the Tensei Red 50 gram and the Velocore 6s. Keep in mind when I was in the Ventus I was probably averaging around 95.

7 hours ago, junkfry said:

I’m jealous of everyone getting out as work has been nuts and of course during the only few days of good weather we have had lately.

my swing speed is around 106-108 in the winter and 112-114 in the summer.  My gamer before the Proxima 6X was the Ventus TR Black 6X and Blue 6X (depending on head used). 

Callaway Paradym Smoke AI Triple Diamond 9* Proxima 6X

PXG Black Ops Tour-1 9* Ventus Blue Plus 6X

TM Stealth2 Plus 3 wood 15*- Ventus TR Blue 7X
Callaway Rogue “T” Triple Diamond 19* 5 wood- Ventus TR Blue 8X
4-PW PXG Gen5 Darkness 0311T MMT 105TX 2* flat
PXG Sugar Daddy 2  50* Axiom 125X
PXG Sugar Daddy 2  54* Axiom 125X
PXG Sugar Daddy 2  58* Axiom 125X
LAB Mezz Max-heavy version, 35” with Stability Tour Fire shaft. Press II 3.0 grip
PXG Hybrid stand bag

Okay I know it sounds like I'm beating a dead horse. BUT, today has been the most impressed I have been with the Proxima. My home course is a 27 hole links style course, only 1 tree on the entire course. A STEADY NORTH COLD wind at 25mph with 30/35mph gust. Outside temp wasn't that cold 53* but the wind was just biting. I know you Northerners are probably laughing but that's okay. Hell you'd probably be begging for a day like that right now.

There were 6 holes that we had to hit driver on directly into the wind. I was easily 10 - 15 yards longer than I would've been with my Autoflex. The 3 holes that we were dead downwind I was only 5 - 10 yards shorter than I would've been with the Autoflex. Pretty good trade off for sure.

Edited by SEP1006
  • Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

What a 2024 is turning out to be...Woodley Lakes Golf Course in Van Nuys was SOAKED, this is the picture from the mid way of the fairway of the 10th hole. In the distant is the raised green.

Crazy, crazy wet day when I played...

2024-03-0913_32.34small.jpg.5d139d3bd16c5a88aba85faae13ef1e5.jpg

Mud City

Then I was out at Mammoth Lakes, where the H2O is much better as pristine snow...

2024-03-1613_55.03-1small.jpg.03ea143af088eb20d6370cc61f2d3878.jpg

This is from the Top of Mammoth from Chair 23, 11,000 ft elevation

Anyway, back to the Proxima. And finally some golf in the warmer LA weather. On Tuesday, I finally had a chance, after work, to try the Proxima 5X and the Ventus Velocore TR Red 6S on the Full Swing KIT Launch Monitor

I started really good with the driver belting a 260 and 258 carry but as they say, blew my wad, and the bad habits came back especially after a 9 days of no golf swing

For the testing, I decided to hit about 12 balls and kept 8 from each shaft.

Head used was the Stealtj 2+ 9* 15gm rear and 15 gm slider. Swing weight is D2, grip is JumboMax in both shafts

This is the DISPERSION. Blue is Proxima and Red is you guessed it, TR Red.

dispersion.jpg.86c50a9efdd92e47a9cb9c6375a83977.jpg

As I thought, the TR Red is pretty damn TIGHT shaft. 6 of the 8 was so tight. I've been gaming it all 2023-2024 season, thanks to @Avidswampthing66 for the recommendation.

However, the Proxima matches it and is a tad longer although the grouping is not matching 6 Red group.

My average stats has nothing in it. 150+ rpm spin difference and same smash factor. Definitely humbling numbers compared to the GPS numbers in the summer of 2023 but it is what it is

stats.jpg.ba53f465eec984e0aa944f9ce3af6d95.jpg

My Full Swing app then proceed to freeze on my testing seeions so that was it 🙄

This evening I was chatting with my good buddy JimmyY. A Par Excellence player, definitely no money game with him, he'll take your money all day long 😁

2024-03-2018_06.26small.jpg.510ab43a1519e54edb40cb6171ad8384.jpg

He plays a Ventus Velocore Black 6S on a Qi10 9* head. Normally he swing 112 but he's also down in SS from the winter but starting to regain some if it back. Even game me some work out tip so definitely would heed his advice 👍

I had him try my Stealth 2+ with the Proxima 5X and it was pretty good. He swung hard, got draw shots out of it. Did not lose any ball control. Normally he hooks it especially when he's quick but Proxima handled his swing pretty darn good I have to say.

The 2nd shot was a sight to behold. Talk about a level boring flight, that was it. No launch monitor, but may be next time.

Latah...

Edited by SwingBlues
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

20 hours ago, SwingBlues said:

What a 2024 is turning out to be...Woodley Lakes Golf Course in Van Nuys was SOAKED, this is the picture from the mid way of the fairway of the 10th hole. In the distant is the raised green.

Crazy, crazy wet day when I played...

2024-03-0913_32.34small.jpg.5d139d3bd16c5a88aba85faae13ef1e5.jpg

Mud City

Then I was out at Mammoth Lakes, where the H2O is much better as pristine snow...

2024-03-1613_55.03-1small.jpg.03ea143af088eb20d6370cc61f2d3878.jpg

This is from the Top of Mammoth from Chair 23, 11,000 ft elevation

Anyway, back to the Proxima. And finally some golf in the warmer LA weather. On Tuesday, I finally had a chance, after work, to try the Proxima 5X and the Ventus Velocore TR Red 6S on the Full Swing KIT Launch Monitor

I started really good with the driver belting a 260 and 258 carry but as they say, blew my wad, and the bad habits came back especially after a 9 days of no golf swing

For the testing, I decided to hit about 12 balls and kept 8 from each shaft.

Head used was the Stealtj 2+ 9* 15gm rear and 15 gm slider. Swing weight is D2, grip is JumboMax in both shafts

This is the DISPERSION. Blue is Proxima and Red is you guessed it, TR Red.

dispersion.jpg.86c50a9efdd92e47a9cb9c6375a83977.jpg

As I thought, the TR Red is pretty damn TIGHT shaft. 6 of the 8 was so tight. I've been gaming it all 2023-2024 season, thanks to @Avidswampthing66 for the recommendation.

However, the Proxima matches it and is a tad longer although the grouping is not matching 6 Red group.

My average stats has nothing in it. 150+ rpm spin difference and same smash factor. Definitely humbling numbers compared to the GPS numbers in the summer of 2023 but it is what it is

stats.jpg.ba53f465eec984e0aa944f9ce3af6d95.jpg

My Full Swing app then proceed to freeze on my testing seeions so that was it 🙄

This evening I was chatting with my good buddy JimmyY. A Par Excellence player, definitely no money game with him, he'll take your money all day long 😁

2024-03-2018_06.26small.jpg.510ab43a1519e54edb40cb6171ad8384.jpg

He plays a Ventus Velocore Black 6S on a Qi10 9* head. Normally he swing 112 but he's also down in SS from the winter but starting to regain some if it back. Even game me some work out tip so definitely would heed his advice 👍

I had him try my Stealth 2+ with the Proxima 5X and it was pretty good. He swung hard, got draw shots out of it. Did not lose any ball control. Normally he hooks it especially when he's quick but Proxima handled his swing pretty darn good I have to say.

The 2nd shot was a sight to behold. Talk about a level boring flight, that was it. No launch monitor, but may be next time.

Latah...

Seems like Proxima has the bomber potential without losing it too much.   A club closer to the greens makes a difference through a season and I bet when summer comes you'll be humming!

-My numbers look eerily similar right now.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

🤖 A.I Smoke TD 10.5 w/ GD VF 5S

Sim 2 Ti 5W w/Diamana TB 70S

2024 Apex UW w/Tensei 1K Pro Blue 70S

Apex Pro 4-5 Nippon Modus 105S 

Apex CB 6-PW Nippon Modus 105S 

Jaws Raw 50S, 54W, 58Z

DF3

Chrome Tour X

1 hour ago, Avidswampthing66 said:

Seems like Proxima has the bomber potential without losing it too much.   A club closer to the greens makes a difference through a season and I bet when summer comes you'll be humming!

Also you'd be hard pressed to find a shaft with better dispersion !!

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Avidswampthing66 said:

Yeah mate. I had a really good talk with my good buddy Jim in the photo. He's the same. Also talked with My2Dogs, seems like this winter is really kicking our butts in terms of speed. 

Also, I know you have KIT as well, and this LM really lets you know when you are up or down. In the old days, when we belt the ball, it was "close enough" and nothing changes. Now we both look back and say "WHAT?!?!?" ...that can't be RIGHT 🧐

My other buddy calls KIT the "No-BS" machine, it is what it is

Also, this little test shows how GOOD the TR Red is. The Velocore is seriously good. Price wise between the Proxima and TR Red Velocore, the TR wins for the better price point & value. But coimpared to the Autoflex, the Proxima is the winner there.

However, when I play the Proxima, my usual game buds know this shaft is seriously, seriously straight with my swing. Very impressed and if the price was more aligned with the Ventus, they would be ALL OVER it in a heartbeat. We're not rich golfers but I do share everything I get to test with my mates 👍

More testing to come. These sbowboard trips is taking a toll on my swing with no practice but it does juice up the desire to play.

Summer sometimes feel like a grind so this is an appreciated break

Hit it well.

Edited by SwingBlues
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

So I went to the Hansen Dam range again to test the Proxima 5X and the Ventus Velocore Red TR 6S

It was a coolish evening. Not warm by Los Angeles standard but still comfortable in a Polo shirt. I was swinging a little better today. Its amazing what a little more sleep and not drive to work early morning can do for the body

After warming up, I decide to throw my Stealth 2+ into the Low setting adapter setting. I was still running a 15gm slider weight and 15gm rear. Using this setting on both shafts....

Blue is Proxima and Red is you guessed it, TR Red.

dispersion2.jpg.056ca6338f466b5d780ef317d3f2c7a4.jpg

Dispersion is same as what I saw on Tuesday. Both very good, nothing really between them. May be an edge to the Proxima this time with 3 longest to Proxima vs 2

The Lower setting seems to produce better results:

• Spin numbers down a tad but up for the TR
  • Ball speed marginally up
  • Launch was the most interesting. Proxima came down 2* while the TR Red stayed about the same as the last session
  • Smash was down 0.1 with Proxima and TR Red is about the same. I think it's the same

stat2.jpg.77732bbe64e16d0f130687eafa11950a.jpg

I felt overall the low setting is better for me so I'll stick with that.

After the test, I did not like the spin numbers I was seeing so I decided to replace the rear 15gm weight with a 13gm. I left the 15 gm slider alone.

BOOM

optimized.jpg.6dac8b554a2cb84d1658927620b6f307.jpg

I'll still need to tweak this but at least I am getting some forward steps.

No way in hell could I have done this with the Callaway Ai Smoke Max 10.5 head -- it launches way too high, more so than the Rogue ST Max LS I once had in a 10.5 head. Anyway, that's off to a new home as we speak...

Latah...👍

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, SwingBlues said:

So I went to the Hansen Dam range again to test the Proxima 5X and the Ventus Velocore Red TR 6S

It was a coolish evening. Not warm by Los Angeles standard but still comfortable in a Polo shirt. I was swinging a little better today. Its amazing what a little more sleep and not drive to work early morning can do for the body

After warming up, I decide to throw my Stealth 2+ into the Low setting adapter setting. I was still running a 15gm slider weight and 15gm rear. Using this setting on both shafts....

Blue is Proxima and Red is you guessed it, TR Red.

dispersion2.jpg.056ca6338f466b5d780ef317d3f2c7a4.jpg

Dispersion is same as what I saw on Tuesday. Both very good, nothing really between them. May be an edge to the Proxima this time with 3 longest to Proxima vs 2

The Lower setting seems to produce better results:

• Spin numbers down a tad but up for the TR
  • Ball speed marginally up
  • Launch was the most interesting. Proxima came down 2* while the TR Red stayed about the same as the last session
  • Smash was down 0.1 with Proxima and TR Red is about the same. I think it's the same

stat2.jpg.77732bbe64e16d0f130687eafa11950a.jpg

I felt overall the low setting is better for me so I'll stick with that.

After the test, I did not like the spin numbers I was seeing so I decided to replace the rear 15gm weight with a 13gm. I left the 15 gm slider alone.

BOOM

optimized.jpg.6dac8b554a2cb84d1658927620b6f307.jpg

I'll still need to tweak this but at least I am getting some forward steps.

No way in hell could I have done this with the Callaway Ai Smoke Max 10.5 head -- it launches way too high, more so than the Rogue ST Max LS I once had in a 10.5 head. Anyway, that's off to a new home as we speak...

Latah...👍

Can’t wait for the weather to warm up and also dry up.  With that launch and still getting 2 yards more distance, the Proxima will be a runner for certain.  

really good numbers after changing the back weight.  Which shaft produced those numbers? 

• Like 2

LAB Mezz Max-heavy version, 35” with Stability Tour Fire shaft. Press II 3.0 grip
PXG Hybrid stand bag

42 minutes ago, My2Dogs said:

Can’t wait for the weather to warm up and also dry up.  With that launch and still getting 2 yards more distance, the Proxima will be a runner for certain.  

really good numbers after changing the back weight.  Which shaft produced those numbers? 

Proxima, it's in the bag 4sure 👍

Going to rain tomorrow but hopefully next week it will be much warmer. The rhythm felt much better today than Tuesday. The Golf Swing is much harder than snowboarding 😋

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, SwingBlues said:

Proxima, it's in the bag 4sure 👍

Going to rain tomorrow but hopefully next week it will be much warmer. The rhythm felt much better today than Tuesday. The Golf Swing is much harder than snowboarding 😋

I’m terrible at snowboarding and some would say just barely better at golf.  But at least golf is warm.  😁

we might have around a 5-6hr break Sunday afternoon and if so, I’ll be hitting the course! 

• Like 1

PXG Hybrid stand bag

What the hell is with this weather here in Los Angeles? It was beautiful Friday evening and on Saturday aka Golf Day, it's raining again 🤦‍♂️

I just can't catch a break in good weather for golf. It seems. We're talking Los Angeles desert, dry weather. Not the North West Pacific wet & cold like in Oregon or Washington.

Sigh.

2024-03-2314_25.43small.jpg.147e321371b5822903a573cb9c2358db.jpg

Anyway, we played at Woodley GC in Van Nuys in the rain, sunshine and more rain. At least the fairways were not lake-city this time

So I think I am making progress with the Proxima & Stealth 2+ head.

Like I said after the testing on Friday, I kept the lower loft setting with 15gm heavier weight in the front slider and lightened the rear from 15gm to 13gm. Tested it and KIT seem to show a nice reduction in the Spin numbers

Overall, I didn't think I had a good day driving. Hot & Cold with the rhythm. The bad drives weren't too bad at all. It was kinda weird like I did some slice, push, they didn't end up going too far off course or spin like crazy. Thinking about it, those were pretty good misses for "bad" drives

Now the good ones were much better today. Hit like 4 drives 270+ and was able to hurl some drives over trees like #14 --- OH, OH, that one would have been so sweet had the ball not landed short of the fairway and in the rough 🙊

The lower spin definitely visibly helped even with the not-so-dry fairways also. I can't wait till these fairways become rock hard in the summer, I can see some monsters coming 😎

Considering I was wrapped in the wet weather Golf gear and all, I think I did better today with the configuration than I have with the Ai Smoke Max or the past Stealth 2+ 15/15gm setups. Definitely found a nice formula here:

woodleylakes.jpg.e4faba7662f268f0fa19cb3a0e4eb4ad.jpg

Last night I order a 6gm and 8gm slider weights for my Stealth 2+. Going to set the 8gm on the heel and 6gm on the toe. I am curious to see if this will improve the forgiveness ala BlackOps or, if anyone remembers, the R15 with the 2 weights in the slide

Latah 👍

Edited by SwingBlues
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, SwingBlues said:

What the hell is with this weather here in Los Angeles? It was beautiful Friday evening and on Saturday aka Golf Day, it's raining again 🤦‍♂️

I just can't catch a break in good weather for golf. It seems. We're talking Los Angeles desert, dry weather. Not the North West Pacific wet & cold like in Oregon or Washington.

Sigh.

2024-03-2314_25.43small.jpg.147e321371b5822903a573cb9c2358db.jpg

Anyway, we played at Woodley GC in Van Nuys in the rain, sunshine and more rain. At least the fairways were not lake-city this time

So I think I am making progress with the Proxima & Stealth 2+ head.

Like I said after the testing on Friday, I kept the lower loft setting with 15gm heavier weight in the front slider and lightened the rear from 15gm to 13gm. Tested it and KIT seem to show a nice reduction in the Spin numbers

Overall, I didn't think I had a good day driving. Hot & Cold with the rhythm. The bad drives weren't too bad at all. It was kinda weird like I did some slice, push, they didn't end up going too far off course or spin like crazy. Thinking about it, those were pretty good misses for "bad" drives

Now the good ones were much better today. Hit like 4 drives 270+ and was able to hurl some drives over trees like #14 --- OH, OH, that one would have been so sweet had the ball not landed short of the fairway and in the rough 🙊

The lower spin definitely visibly helped even with the not-so-dry fairways also. I can't wait till these fairways become rock hard in the summer, I can see some monsters coming 😎

Considering I was wrapped in the wet weather Golf gear and all, I think I did better today with the configuration than I have with the Ai Smoke Max or the past Stealth 2+ 15/15gm setups. Definitely found a nice formula here:

woodleylakes.jpg.e4faba7662f268f0fa19cb3a0e4eb4ad.jpg

Last night I order a 6gm and 8gm slider weights for my Stealth 2+. Going to set the 8gm on the heel and 6gm on the toe. I am curious to see if this will improve the forgiveness ala BlackOps or, if anyone remembers, the R15 with the 2 weights in the slide

Latah 👍

It's EL Nino year my friend.  Remember back in 2005 when it poured in the SF Valley for like a month straight during the spring?  It completely flooded the Sepulveda Basin.  I was planning to go out and play yesterday at South Hills CC, but the rain put a stop to that.  I got a tee time here in a few hours to play Creste Verde and I'm hoping we can get the round done before the so called thunderstorms roll in.  This nasty spring weather sucks a**............ 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, phizzy30 said:

It's EL Nino year my friend.  Remember back in 2005 when it poured in the SF Valley for like a month straight during the spring?  It completely flooded the Sepulveda Basin.  I was planning to go out and play yesterday at South Hills CC, but the rain put a stop to that.  I got a tee time here in a few hours to play Creste Verde and I'm hoping we can get the round done before the so called thunderstorms roll in.  This nasty spring weather sucks a**............ 

Totally hear ya. I guess we were so spoilt with the drought we had. Great for golf but sucks with the state. 

Here's a better picture of the storm damage caused by the LA river along the 4th hole Par 4 at Woodley... this is looking back at the tee box from the green:

2024-03-0912_19.13small.jpg.7e7808ddddbe66812b8a22a94523dcc3.jpg

2024-03-0912_18.46small.jpg.67411925c7a48dff26023a8eadc5ff18.jpg

GIven what's happening at Palos Verdes, won't surprise me that if these storms keep up in the next few years, the LA river will start to chew into the course. Ugh

Enjoy your round Phizzy 👍

#FreeTheTee

Edited by SwingBlues
  • Thanks 1

@SwingBlues  when the weather gets better, you are going to be getting some serious distance with the Stealth 2 and the Proxima.  Getting 270 in wet conditions is like 290-300 when it dry and warmer.  

I wasn’t able to get out today but Tuesday is supposed to be dry before another 3-4 days of rain.  So I’m trying to move some afternoon meetings to get out.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

PXG Hybrid stand bag

my swing speed acording to the website sugests i would be in the 5s but id be more interested in the 5sr or even the 4s to maybe get a bit more of the whippy feel curious if anyone has gone on the lighter/more flex side with this shaft and if they are still seeing the impressive dispersion alot of you seem to be getting

4 hours ago, dgoulet said:

my swing speed acording to the website sugests i would be in the 5s but id be more interested in the 5sr or even the 4s to maybe get a bit more of the whippy feel curious if anyone has gone on the lighter/more flex side with this shaft and if they are still seeing the impressive dispersion alot of you seem to be getting

I have a 5X and a 6X.  The 5X is every bit as long and dispersion is the same.  I just have to be a tiny bit more careful at the top but that’s because I am a big handle yanker.  If your swing is not that aggressive, the lighter shaft could def give you a few more yards. 

PXG Hybrid stand bag

17 hours ago, My2Dogs said:

I have a 5X and a 6X.  The 5X is every bit as long and dispersion is the same.  I just have to be a tiny bit more careful at the top but that’s because I am a big handle yanker.  If your swing is not that aggressive, the lighter shaft could def give you a few more yards. 

I found a 4s for $350 is that a decent price for a used one I don’t see a lot of others to compare

1 hour ago, dgoulet said:

I found a 4s for $350 is that a decent price for a used one I don’t see a lot of others to compare

Vey good.  These retail at $650 new. 

PXG Hybrid stand bag

• 2 weeks later...

Man I am hitting the crap out of BO's Tour-1 / AF combo. 3rd day in a row so honeymoon period is still going. 

Brutally windy day here today so swapped the Autoflex shaft out for the Proxima 5s. The Proxima is a hair shorter than my A/F under normal conditions but easily 10 - 12 yards longer into the wind. And just so darn straight it's ridiculous. Has to be the best wind shaft out there by far. Just was hitting low-trajectory bombs ( for me anyway ) all day with the BO's and the Proxima combo.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Took 2 weeks off playing Golf to go snowboarding again. Plus it does not help the crazy weekend rains thats been hitting up and down the West Coast, better to be RIPPING up the falling snowflakes than trying to grip a soggy wet golf club grip... 

So today, we played Sterling Hills GC in Camarillo. It was another gloomy overcast day that soon turned chilly with the seashore breeze coming in from the Pacific

Started the #1 hole crazy stupid, almost topped the ball off the driver but it went straight to the 150 yard marker. #2 was yanked left, almost pulled it out to the street but result on the left side of the fairway. That was a WTH moment

#4 Par 5 push it right to the other fairway over the trees.

Not a good start. BUT it DOES say something as even when my driver swing was terrible, results were out there in the middle or edge... but I have to say, PROXIMA saved my Word not allowed. I could have been out on the street, barranca or Valley of Sins that are all over this course but I was able to recover with Pars,

#6 is a 300 odd yard Par 4, lake on the left that runs along the fairway up to the green. Trees on the right. If you going to miss, hit a slice. But my driver swing came back, pipe it right down the middle of the sliver and left with a simple 37 yard chip and a 4 foot purr for a bird.

End up with 3 birds for a day and a nice round of 2 under 70. Not bad for chilly conditions and lack of practice

This was the 13th hole Par 4. I just had a nice Bird on #12 but that was a 3 wood tee shot. 

2024-04-2016_33.35small.jpg.21f7f1bd77a877252885adf485a8bd02.jpg

2024-04-2016_34.43small.jpg.882b5abe9f0e0349f15bfc1cf87dfa80.jpg

2024-04-2016_36.54small.jpg.0ff169b0b5207c356a7edc133dd67286.jpg

Hit a really nice drive here as well. Slight baby push but a nice spinny i530 wedge to the Pin for a 6 foot putt & my 3rd Bird 

Overall, I am ❤ my Proxima 5X and today, I am so appreciative of how SERIOUSLY straight it is. Probably one of the straightest shafts I've ever had in any of my drivers. The Stealth2+ head is not the most forgiving either but its out there in the middle. Flight, height and spin is perfect as my Full Swing LM shows but I can lean on it or take some off

I can't wait till summer Golf is here, the Proxima 5X is just gonna KICK Word not allowed

Thanks to @My2Dogs & Proxima Golf for the wonderful opportunity to ROCK this shaft with my worst driver swing and still out of the Day with a sub-Par round 🍻

Unreal 😎

👍👍

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

I’ve been off for the last couple of weeks as well.  Had a hectic couple of days a few weeks ago.  I won my qualifier and moved on to the Regionals and I could not have done it without one of my best driving days.  Proxima was killing it for me.  Dead straight and long.  Went home, slept about 2hrs and took off for the airport as I was heading to Atlanta, GA and then to Augusta baby!  

so the day before we went to Augusta, we played a round at Forrest Hills Golf Club.  They won the National titles in 2010, 2011 and had 3 PGA Pros on the team and a Green jacket winner (Patrick Reed).  Anyway we get to the course and it’s just beautiful.  80* sunshine and just the slightest breeze.  I ask the head pro how are the greens playing today.  He says, “well we had a big college tourney yesterday.  So we left the green speeds the same and pin positions the same”.  I ask him how fast they are and he says around a 14.  Also told us to never be above the hole.   When he says big college tourney, we are talking Texas, Texas A&M, Oklahoma, Oklahoma State, Alabama, Ole Miss, Arkansas, Florida and Centra Florida.  I’m missing a few but the big boys were there.  

Course was in fantastic shape.  The greens were like lightning but also had huge swells, moguls and mountains in the middle. Lol. The flags were never more than a few feet from the edge and almost all were on some sort of mound.  Crazy greens with so much movement.  Really no rough as the greens and huge trees on each side were the penalties.  

I’m a little nervous on the first few holes and I miss right (that’s when I get stuck when not fully warmed up).  6 over through 3- Yikes.  I settle down and shoot just 2 over the rest of the way and that was one bad double.  I was driving it right down the center each time.  Shot an 80 overall.  Again, thank you Proxima as my driver is a weapon.  Here are some photos of the course.  Just beautiful.  

first fairway on the left is hole 1, middle is hole 9 and far right is hole 10.  

IMG_1052.jpeg

IMG_1053.jpeg

IMG_1054.jpeg

IMG_1055.jpeg

Edited by My2Dogs
  • Like 2

PXG Hybrid stand bag