Colorado WRX 2024

17 minutes ago, jda said:

Are you asking about putting tape under the grip vs lowering the weight in the head, right?  I put tape under the grips with every driver and fairway that I own.  I usually add some to the head too.  If you do it right, it puts more mass behind the ball, makes the club heavier and easier to control (for most) but the club does not feel heavier when you swing it.  IMO, under the grip is better than having it just below the grip, but you can experiment down there before you remove and replace grips since ten bucks a pop sucks.  This is very popular with pros and stuff and was super popular when builders existed instead of fitters.  Going back to Arnie and Jack, this is very popular and should be searchable.  You might really like more mass in the head and then on the butt end to balance.  I would never make a head lighter until you lose strength - just gets too wobbly and hard to control, if that makes sense.

If you meant otherwise, then ignore me.

Edit: the four reasons to counterbalance in this article are right-on for me.  More stable and more mass behind the ball are my main things.  IMO, anybody serious about golf should at least try it.

https://golf.com/gear/gear-questions-youre-afraid-to-ask-what-is-counterbalancing/

Yes would be weighting under the grip / in the grip.   I know it is 2 Grams per single point.  So 10 grams for a full point.   

A friends I know uses SwitchGrips counter balance weights on his driver.  He will add a small lead tape also at the the end (few grams) if needs too get the to the the right weight.  He likes the head heavy as you note for control. 

*I think the does it different though.  I think he puts them under the grip in the shaft somehow vs screwing them into the grip like designed  

https://www.golfworks.com/switchgrips-counter-balance-weights/p/sg3006/

I thought it was nickels the pros used to put under a driver grip?  Maybe dimes???   Either way 2 nickels is 10 grams which on a swing scale would be a full point. D5 to D4 and not take weight out the head. 

"old school" way they used to Counter balance. 

I did try the lead tape on my 6 Iron Friday, it did help some adding 10 grams.  I would not say it fixed the issue but it helped. I think what would work better right now is practicing better  😂

* Have another riend whos uses a different grip on his 3wood.  He uses normal grips with 2 wraps on all his clubs but his 3 wood.  I thought it was odd they were different.  MCC standard grip...46.5 grams...mid size 59.0.....  that is pretty big difference but  hewanted to drop a full point or so and just changing the grip did it.   The feel was not much difference when holding the clubs.

1 hour ago, pseudoswede said:

Welcome @Leaky_Bucket29!

I believe @ASak10 is a member of the Commonground Men's Club, but I'm sure it's full. Murphy Creek/Saddle Rock will probably be just as difficult. Three others to consider would be Meadow Hills, Kennedy, and/or Wellshire. Since you appear to be on the better side of town, think about The Links at Highlands Ranch and South Suburban.

I am and they just opened it up last night to new members. I joined again this year.

If you were a member last year they had a couple week window that was only open to existing members (but if you were a member last year you still have a guaranteed spot this year if you want). They have limited spots for new members but I don't know if that means 5 or 50. They are also taking recommendations/referrals from existing members for new members so my guess is unless you have one, it will be tough to get it. They mentioned that existing members will have a 24 hour head start for signing up for the Spring events (not sure if summer/fall will be the same) over new members. 

We have the 2024 schedule. For the individual stroke play tourneys, 3 are on Saturdays, 2 on Fridays, and one on Sunday.  The season opener team event is on the Saturday of Masters weekend. There's some Friday afternoon 9 hole events too that are always fun. M/M and M/G are Friday to Sunday. Then the club championship and other tourneys towards the end of the season are Saturday/Sunday.

Looks like they are also changing the match play setup a little too.  It used to be you got paired up and just had a deadline to complete the match by and would schedule on your own. Now it looks like they put aside 2 Saturdays for the first rounds of the match plays and you have to be available both Saturdays to play (although it also says that the match can be moved if all parties agree).  So who knows, guess we will see how it all shakes out.  It's my favorite of all the events.    

Anyway, not sure why I even got into all that detail. Avoiding actually working I guess.  Like every year since I've joined, I just hope I can play in a few tourneys as the kids' sports schedules and travel schedules allow. I just love being able to play in a tournament here or there. 

34 minutes ago, ASak10 said:

I am and they just opened it up last night to new members. I joined again this year.

If you were a member last year they had a couple week window that was only open to existing members (but if you were a member last year you still have a guaranteed spot this year if you want). They have limited spots for new members but I don't know if that means 5 or 50. They are also taking recommendations/referrals from existing members for new members so my guess is unless you have one, it will be tough to get it. They mentioned that existing members will have a 24 hour head start for signing up for the Spring events (not sure if summer/fall will be the same) over new members. 

We have the 2024 schedule. For the individual stroke play tourneys, 3 are on Saturdays, 2 on Fridays, and one on Sunday.  The season opener team event is on the Saturday of Masters weekend. There's some Friday afternoon 9 hole events too that are always fun. M/M and M/G are Friday to Sunday. Then the club championship and other tourneys towards the end of the season are Saturday/Sunday.

Looks like they are also changing the match play setup a little too.  It used to be you got paired up and just had a deadline to complete the match by and would schedule on your own. Now it looks like they put aside 2 Saturdays for the first rounds of the match plays and you have to be available both Saturdays to play (although it also says that the match can be moved if all parties agree).  So who knows, guess we will see how it all shakes out.  It's my favorite of all the events.    

Anyway, not sure why I even got into all that detail. Avoiding actually working I guess.  Like every year since I've joined, I just hope I can play in a few tourneys as the kids' sports schedules and travel schedules allow. I just love being able to play in a tournament here or there. 

Nice. 

Yeah, I just signed up for the men's league as I saw the registration was open. We'll see if I get in. If not, I'll submit for Murphy/Saddle Rock as I see their registration is open as well. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, CDM said:

Yes would be weighting under the grip / in the grip.   I know it is 2 Grams per single point.  So 10 grams for a full point.   

A friends I know uses SwitchGrips counter balance weights on his driver.  He will add a small lead tape also at the the end (few grams) if needs too get the to the the right weight.  He likes the head heavy as you note for control. 

*I think the does it different though.  I think he puts them under the grip in the shaft somehow vs screwing them into the grip like designed  

https://www.golfworks.com/switchgrips-counter-balance-weights/p/sg3006/

I thought it was nickels the pros used to put under a driver grip?  Maybe dimes???   Either way 2 nickels is 10 grams which on a swing scale would be a full point. D5 to D4 and not take weight out the head. 

"old school" way they used to Counter balance. 

I did try the lead tape on my 6 Iron Friday, it did help some adding 10 grams.  I would not say it fixed the issue but it helped. I think what would work better right now is practicing better  😂

* Have another riend whos uses a different grip on his 3wood.  He uses normal grips with 2 wraps on all his clubs but his 3 wood.  I thought it was odd they were different.  MCC standard grip...46.5 grams...mid size 59.0.....  that is pretty big difference but  hewanted to drop a full point or so and just changing the grip did it.   The feel was not much difference when holding the clubs.

I never used money, but heard of it.  Hobby shops use to sell lead and tungsten circular weights to hold down model train cars from jumping the tracks - those were popular when tungsten was cheap.  Tape was available when I was in HS in the mid 90s.

This could be a several month thing to add weight and counter balance.  If you have even the slightest idea that you feel more stable and smooth in the swing, then it is one thousand percent worth going down the path.  After a while, you will be able to swing even harder when needed and things stay more stable.  You might need to adjust your swing a bit, but I would argue no more than a new iron set requires.  The last that I looked, pros like to get into the 225g head weight with the screw-in weight with hot melt or molten metal - they avoid tape since their sponsors want all of the pretty photos to not show it and have the public ask questions.  Some like even more weight.  They keep adding weight until their ball speed goes down or until they start to miss the face - this sometimes means 1-3 mph less swing speed, but who cares when ball speed and smash is way up?

8 hours ago, Joelness said:

I love seeing @pseudoswede say the "better side of town" and everyone follow it immediately by "yeah those leagues are so full you probably can't get in."

Make it make sense!

Absolute indication that the south side's the best side! 🤣

A childhood friend passed away unexpectedly recently. Two country bumpkins from the rural midwest ending up in Colorado. I didn't realize that he was a social member of Ft. Collins Country Club, which is where his memorial service was held. What a nice place. During the service, his brother talked about how he was teaching his daughter how to golf. Not to pat myself on my back too much, but since I was the captain of our high school golf team my junior and senior year (and the coach was pretty useless), I was the one giving swing instructions to the team (my friend and his brother included). Hopefully some of those swing tips I provided are now instilled in his daughter.

• Like 2

Live in Colorado? Visit Colorado WRX!

Ping G410 LST 9° Ventus Black 7X

Callaway Apex Pro 2H 18° MMT 80 HB XS
Ping S55 3-PW DG X100 (orange dot)
Ping Glide 52°, 56° (orange dot)

Ping Glide 4.0 60° (orange dot)
Odyssey Works Big T V-Line CS 33.5"
Front Range Golf Club (frgclub.com)

@ASak10   I have heard from many that the Common Ground Mens club is run really really bad but have to admit this is a bit crazy.

@Joelness Whos knows if CG is full or not as there seems to be no way to sign up that we can find... 🤣

Very close friends I play with for years have been on me to join the CG men’s club.  Saturday I got hours of ribbing on it so said I would try to just shut them up.  

Apparently you cannot submit an application unless you have a Golf Genius account.  Which you cannot create an accont online or VIA the app as we all tried last night and this morning   Four of us were f'n with it and no one can get a new account more so an associated email to sign up.  

When you click the CG link below to sign up, when you get to 3.Create Account you have to have put in an email that is associated with an Golf Genius account but if it is not associated it will not go through.  I downloaded the APP and it does not even have a link to create an account either. (If someone finds a way let us know...)

Soooo at this point you can not go past section 3 with out having an associated email to make payment.

Yet if you send a question to the email noted [email protected] it comes back with: 

mx.google.com rejected your message to the following email addresses:

[email protected] ([email protected])
The email address you entered couldn't be found. Please check the recipient's email address and try to resend the message. If the problem continues, please contact your email admin.

mx.google.com gave this error:
The email account that you tried to reach does not exist. Please try double-checking the recipient's email address for typos or unnecessary spaces. For more information, go to https://support.google.com/mail/?p=NoSuchUser n8-20020a05680803a800b003c183d10210si3007589oie.259 - gsmtp

The best part, I called the pro shop this to ask:

"Well mens club is separate from Common Ground, so you have to do what te email notes you have to send questions to the info email”  

First off how is it separate from CG...???....anyway I told them that it bounces back the email is not valid 

Really, we been telling everyone who has called the last few days to email that address, maybe that is why we are getting so many calls”

HAHAHAHAHA  🤣

Below is the email CG sent out to sign up but removed the senders/recievers name 

Date: Sun, Mar 3, 2024 at 9:47 AM
Subject: CommonGround Men's Club New Members Signup
To:

XXXXXXX,.

We kindly ask existing members to pass this information on to individuals whom they think would be a good fit for CommonGround Men's Club. Your recommendation means a lot to us:

We're thrilled to announce that registration for new members for the 2024 season of CommonGround Men's Club tonight, Sunday, March 3rd, at 7:00 PM.

To register, please click on the following link: http://www.golfgenius.com/ggid/gqgybj/register

Important Information:

• Registration will begin promptly at 7:00 PM. Signups will be processed in the order they are received after this time.
  • If you signed up before 7:00 PM, your application will still be processed, but in appreciation of those who followed instructions, your registration will be processed after those who signed up at the appropriate time.
  • For those who do not have a GHIN (Golf Handicap and Information Network) at this time, please enter 9999999 in the GHIN field.
  • We have a limited number of openings for new members.  If you have individuals you would recommend for CommonGround Men’s Club we will do our best to accommodate anyone with a recommendation sent to [email protected]

Existing member registrations will continue to be accepted at any time. If you're an existing member and haven't registered yet, you can still do so

Please Note: Many of our events in the spring fill up fast. To ensure fairness, we will attempt to give existing members 24 hours to sign up for events before we allow new members to sign up for these events.

Thank you for your interest in becoming a part of CommonGround Men's Club. Let's make this season unforgettable!

Best regards,

XXXXXXXXX

57 minutes ago, CDM said:

@ASak10   I have heard from many that the Common Ground Mens club is run really really bad but have to admit this is a bit crazy.

@Joelness Whos knows if CG is full or not as there seems to be no way to sign up that we can find... 🤣

Very close friends I play with for years have been on me to join the CG men’s club.  Saturday I got hours of ribbing on it so said I would try to just shut them up.  

Apparently you cannot submit an application unless you have a Golf Genius account.  Which you cannot create an accont online or VIA the app as we all tried last night and this morning   Four of us were f'n with it and no one can get a new account more so an associated email to sign up.  

When you click the CG link below to sign up, when you get to 3.Create Account you have to have put in an email that is associated with an Golf Genius account but if it is not associated it will not go through.  I downloaded the APP and it does not even have a link to create an account either. (If someone finds a way let us know...)

Soooo at this point you can not go past section 3 with out having an associated email to make payment.

Yet if you send a question to the email noted [email protected] it comes back with: 

mx.google.com rejected your message to the following email addresses:

[email protected] ([email protected])
The email address you entered couldn't be found. Please check the recipient's email address and try to resend the message. If the problem continues, please contact your email admin.

mx.google.com gave this error:
The email account that you tried to reach does not exist. Please try double-checking the recipient's email address for typos or unnecessary spaces. For more information, go to https://support.google.com/mail/?p=NoSuchUser n8-20020a05680803a800b003c183d10210si3007589oie.259 - gsmtp

The best part, I called the pro shop this to ask:

"Well mens club is separate from Common Ground, so you have to do what te email notes you have to send questions to the info email”  

First off how is it separate from CG...???....anyway I told them that it bounces back the email is not valid 

Really, we been telling everyone who has called the last few days to email that address, maybe that is why we are getting so many calls”

HAHAHAHAHA  🤣

I think all golf leagues have to technically be separate (legal?) entities from public golf courses as to limit liability to the golf course and/or municipality that runs it.

The domain was just renewed two weeks ago, but it could potentially be someone else that sniped the domain name--hence why the e-mail address is bouncing and the website is not visible.

I was able to make it all the way to Step 3 through here... https://www.golfgenius.com/register?league_id=10289567654385578097

When I enter an e-mail address that I know I haven't used for Golf Genius, the webpage adds some additional fields to fill out...

image.png.9f804fe911385616f4f98d5eca29d29c.png

Do you not get that far? I would also try Incognito mode in your web browser to see if that helps.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Joelness said:

I love seeing @pseudoswede say the "better side of town" and everyone follow it immediately by "yeah those leagues are so full you probably can't get in."

Make it make sense!

The Indian Peaks site basically crashed this year from everyone trying to get in. It was taking 15 minutes for the next page to load.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, pseudoswede said:

I think all golf leagues have to technically be separate (legal?) entities from public golf courses as to limit liability to the golf course and/or municipality that runs it.

The domain was just renewed two weeks ago, but it could potentially be someone else that sniped the domain name--hence why the e-mail address is bouncing and the website is not visible.

I was able to make it all the way to Step 3 through here... https://www.golfgenius.com/register?league_id=10289567654385578097

When I enter an e-mail address that I know I haven't used for Golf Genius, the webpage adds some additional fields to fill out...

image.png.9f804fe911385616f4f98d5eca29d29c.png

Do you not get that far? I would also try Incognito mode in your web browser to see if that helps.

I can get to step 3 on the link that you provided and it takes me to the same place.  noted as   3. Create Account.   Type in my work email which is tied to my GHIN and as you can see says invalid email.    

@Dancin and I were talking about it and we figure it was becuase I have not paid for the GHIN this year yet, but signing up provides the GHIN through CGA..... so do I have to pay twice?  

image.png.e38572065914fc18c843a2b60d6754e2.png

Edit: I guess I am not getting as far as you.  

Edited by CDM
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, pseudoswede said:

I would also try Incognito mode in your web browser to see if that helps.

Winner Winner Chicken Dinner....!   

"Incongnito" for some reason worked.  When you said try that it made me wonder.  Our IT guy said no way so we just tried it and after entering my email the screen paused / blipped and came up to fill in the rest of the info. I know I had our  stuff on lock down but I did not think it was that bad.   *Maybe I should relax our requirements LOL

• Like 2

14 hours ago, CDM said:

Winner Winner Chicken Dinner....!   

"Incongnito" for some reason worked.  When you said try that it made me wonder.  Our IT guy said no way so we just tried it and after entering my email the screen paused / blipped and came up to fill in the rest of the info. I know I had our  stuff on lock down but I did not think it was that bad.   *Maybe I should relax our requirements LOL

Incognito mode was just a shot in the dark. With your previous screenshot, I was thinking that Golf Genius didn't like hyphens in domain names; but then I remembered that I use a hyphenated domain name for The Links couples league site.

• Like 1

On 3/5/2024 at 11:17 AM, CDM said:

I don't know about it being run really bad. I think people just like to complain if anything is inconvenient to them or they think they can do better. I think it's really hard to run a men's club as big as the one at CG and as we know, that course is very popular for regular tee times, tournaments, charity events, and so on. I'm sure it's not easy to schedule and coordinate and figure out the logistics. I think when Troyer was running it, that was different since he was also the head pro and it ran differently than it does now. Now that it's some members running it, who generously donate their time and energy to do so, of course it won't be as smooth as it was before.  I'm in no position to complain though as my involvement is "show up and play in whatever events I can."

If people who complain and moan about how it is run think they can do better, I'm sure they can volunteer their time to either run it or help run it.  But if people don't want to actually do something to help make it better, and just complain about it, that bothers me. I don't even know any of the guys who run it so it's not personal for me. I just think it's a thankless job that most aren't willing to do so I appreciate those who do, even if it isn't perfect.

• Like 4

Not too much snow in the southeast 'burbs. Given it'll hit 50 tomorrow, I'm sure courses will be ready to play in the afternoon and definitely on Sunday.

Southsiders - lets say a guy from the North wanted to break out of his normal area and play a few more courses South of Denver this year.  What are three or four that must be played?  I have played Murphy Creek (barely counts), Plum Creek, a few of the Castle Pines and Beardance.  I am still needed too much at home on the weekends to do the FRGL, but that will likely happen in a few years.

I usually am a single and run my own business so I can go during the week most any time - crowds are not a big deal to me.

• Like 1

On 3/8/2024 at 5:29 PM, jda said:

Southsiders - lets say a guy from the North wanted to break out of his normal area and play a few more courses South of Denver this year.  What are three or four that must be played?  I have played Murphy Creek (barely counts), Plum Creek, a few of the Castle Pines and Beardance.  I am still needed too much at home on the weekends to do the FRGL, but that will likely happen in a few years.

I usually am a single and run my own business so I can go during the week most any time - crowds are not a big deal to me.

I assume we are talking public courses. You've hit the big ones in Bear Dance and The Ridge at Castle Pines. The 27 holes at Fox Hollow and Homestead are ones you should play. Red Hawk Ridge is a slightly tamer Jim Engh compared to Fossil Trace and worth it if Engh courses don't turn you off.

And that's about it for what I would consider must plays for public courses you haven't hit yet in the south. The other publics down south:

Raccoon Creek - interesting in that it has doglegs which you don't see much of in Colorado

Arrowhead - very scenic but extremely average course that wouldn't exist without the scenery

South Suburban - some crazy greens, not a bad course

Spring Valley - no idea how it is going to come out when they open this year as they have been struggling after a flood took out a lot of the course. If it was closer to Denver it would be a lot more popular. I liked the layout before it had issues

Saddle Rock - Ok housing complex course. A lot of people don't like it. I think it is ok. There are a few funky holes. If you like elevation changes you may want to add this to your list.

Heritage Eagle Bend - housing complex course. Some interesting holes

Broken Tee - A dye course. Layout is not bad but they have had conditioning issues for many years mainly on the front 9 holes. A new super came in last year and is trying to get it fixed.
Foothills - nothing objectionable, would play it more if it was on the north

Meadows golf  - a few funky holes but I like it

Lone Tree - Haven't played this. Most seem to think it is way over priced

University of Denver Highlands Ranch - Again haven't played it. People that do seem to like it but again many say over priced.

Edited by Dancin
  • Like 2

On 2/27/2024 at 4:37 PM, TheKrushh said:

Hit balls last saturday for the first time in a bit. Laser beams through the entire bag. Had a poor year last year from a ball striking consistency standard. Planning on working harder on the range and doing a few more trips this year. Game plan is to get about 60 rounds in and hoping to get back to a plus handicap with 10 of the 60 in the 60's. Trying to hit as many fairways as @Dancin, make as many birdies as @Joelness, and have as much "fun" as @CDM this golf season! 

My wife bought me a shot tracker system for Christmas that calculates strokes gained amongst a bunch of other stuff. Now that I have enough rounds into it, it's telling me my accuracy off the tee box is slightly better than the average tour player and my tee shot accuracy gives me a little over a stroke gained per round compared to a scratch golfer. Really interesting having all this data. I'm fascinated to see how it ends up at the end of the year. I'm already noticing some things - one of which is I should be doing much better on short par 3s for my handicap.

4 minutes ago, Dancin said:

My wife bought me a shot tracker system for Christmas that calculates strokes gained amongst a bunch of other stuff. Now that I have enough rounds into it, it's telling me my accuracy off the tee box is slightly better than the average tour player and my tee shot accuracy gives me a little over a stroke gained per round compared to a scratch golfer. Really interesting having all this data. I'm fascinated to see how it ends up at the end of the year. I'm already noticing some things - one of which is I should be doing much better on short par 3s for my handicap.

Which system? 

On 3/8/2024 at 5:29 PM, jda said:

On 3/8/2024 at 10:37 PM, Dancin said:

I assume we are talking public courses. You've hit the big ones in Bear Dance and The Ridge at Castle Pines. The 27 holes at Fox Hollow and Homestead are ones you should play. Red Hawk Ridge is a slightly tamer Jim Engh compared to Fossil Trace and worth it if Engh courses don't turn you off.

And that's about it for what I would consider must plays for public courses you haven't hit yet in the south. The other publics down south:

Raccoon Creek - interesting in that it has doglegs which you don't see much of in Colorado

Arrowhead - very scenic but extremely average course that wouldn't exist without the scenery

South Suburban - some crazy greens, not a bad course

Spring Valley - no idea how it is going to come out when they open this year as they have been struggling after a flood took out a lot of the course. If it was closer to Denver it would be a lot more popular. I liked the layout before it had issues

Saddle Rock - Ok housing complex course. A lot of people don't like it. I think it is ok. There are a few funky holes. If you like elevation changes you may want to add this to your list.

Heritage Eagle Bend - housing complex course. Some interesting holes

Broken Tee - A dye course. Layout is not bad but they have had conditioning issues for many years mainly on the front 9 holes. A new super came in last year and is trying to get it fixed.
Foothills - nothing objectionable, would play it more if it was on the north

Meadows golf  - a few funky holes but I like it

Lone Tree - Haven't played this. Most seem to think it is way over priced

University of Denver Highlands Ranch - Again haven't played it. People that do seem to like it but again many say over priced.

Dancin's summary is pretty spot-on.

Red Hawk Ridge - unless you absolutely spray it off the tee, it's a pretty easy course and good for your golf ego

Lone Tree Golf Club - front 9 is a very enjoyable walk, back 9 is not; insanely overpriced, but at least I can get on at the resident guest rate; pretty straight-forward (and boring) Arnold Palmer design

Highlands Ranch - decent course; even more overpriced than Lone Tree; mosquitos will eat you alive in the summers

Meadow Hills (just south of Parker Rd and 225) - trees. trees everywhere. great value.

Meadows (near Ken Caryl and 470) - front 9 is fun; haven't played the back 9 in probably 15 years

Spring Valley - website says they're re-opening this month after being closed most of last year, but I'll believe it when I see it. It's tough to believe the owners (land developers) want to put any money into this course when their ultimate goal is to raze the whole area and put up one-acre homesites. But I guess now that housing prices have cooled, they'll have to wait.

Plum Creek - a friend who played it last year said it's getting in better shape; it's on the FRGC schedule this year after a member vote, so we'll see; a lot more railroad ties than at Riverdale Dunes, but still not a "typical Dye" amount

Family Sports - a nice collection of par 3's; also fun to be right under Centennial Airport's flight path; it was a lot better when it was only $10 to play with a coupon, now it's $21

• Like 1

1 hour ago, pseudoswede said:

Spring Valley - website says they're re-opening this month after being closed most of last year, but I'll believe it when I see it. It's tough to believe the owners (land developers) want to put any money into this course when their ultimate goal is to raze the whole area and put up one-acre homesites. But I guess now that housing prices have cooled, they'll have to wait

They have pictures on their web site of all the work they did to fix the flooded holes. I'm surprised they are coming back too after they were trying to sell it. I thought for sure they were going to fold after the floods. They pretty much have to have it to convince people to buy homes that far away.

• Like 1

Used to help develop land with my FIL.  Do not underestimate insurance and also needing to raise your base on land and investments.  We had a 18 wheeler take out a small fortune in entry monuments and landscape - just leveled them... people were shocked that we replaced them but the insurance paid for replacement, not loss.  Same was true with some pond dams and creeks after too much rain.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
14 minutes ago, Dancin said:

They have pictures on their web site of all the work they did to fix the flooded holes. I'm surprised they are coming back too after they were trying to sell it. I thought for sure they were going to fold after the floods. They pretty much have to have it to convince people to buy homes that far away.

It's pretty insane how many people I know even in Parker who are looking to move out that direction. I have some co-workers out that way, and it's even better for them now since we don't have an office in DTC to report to. There was an article last year about all of the people who moved from Denver to Elizabeth now that they're fully remote workers. There is a Wal-Mart and Safeway out there (and I think two microbreweries now), so it's not as desolate as it seems.

Edited by pseudoswede

On 3/10/2024 at 10:41 PM, Dancin said:

Shot Scope

I've been thinking about buying an H4 (the square one).  I bought the arccos club inserts like 7 years ago but at the time they didn't work well with my phone so I returned them.  Are you using your phone, the watch, the range finder or the H4?  Does it pick up your shots without a lot of effort?  How much after round adjustments are you having to do?

14 hours ago, act0fgod said:

I've been thinking about buying an H4 (the square one).  I bought the arccos club inserts like 7 years ago but at the time they didn't work well with my phone so I returned them.  Are you using your phone, the watch, the range finder or the H4?  Does it pick up your shots without a lot of effort?  How much after round adjustments are you having to do?

I've used the H4 before. It's like the old Game Golf system, you have to tap the sensor to it before you swing. It's not bad once you get into the routine of doing it. The clip never wanted to stay on my belt though. I use the X5 now and like it, picks up 90% of the shots. Seems to be worse at picking up shorter shots around the green.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, act0fgod said:

I have the H4 because I don't like wearing a watch. I also have the laser that has a magnet holding spot for it, but I tend to wear it on the belt loop holder more. You don't need your phone at all until you get home and want to upload the round. You do have to tap the club for every shot and it vibrates to indicate it noticed it. You also have to indicate where the flag is by pushing a button after you finish putting on the green.

I spend maybe 5-8 minutes editing the round at home after it uploads, mainly on the greens. GPS just isn't accurate enough to differentiate 2 feet from 4 feet etc.. And sometimes the gps is off on where you mark the flag. The editing works great on the website and you can add shots you missed and move shots and the flag around. The only editing I do outside of around the green is when I either forgot to tap the club on a shot or the ball is near the border of something, e.g. rough, bunker, as again gps isn't really intended to be accurate down to a couple feet and sometimes it will have you in the wrong type of lie on the borders. If you want accurate stats it is going to take a little work (I write down where my shots are (fariway, rough, bunker and distance) on the scorecard and distance of putts so I can remember that later on when verifying the round). If you don't care about accurate putting stats and distance from the pin stats on approach shots you could skip the editing and still get a lot out of it.

As the other person said, if you don't mind wearing a watch, the X5 is better as it is bigger and has a stronger sensor that I don't believe you have to manually tap the club for most shots although I imagine you would still need to do it for putts. It also has a slightly better interface since the screen is bigger than the H4 and can show more info on a single screen

• Like 1