2024 CJ Cup Byron Nelson WITB Photos ×

Colorado WRX 2024

1 hour ago, Joelness said:

The further north you go the less snow there is. Fox Hill hasn't reopened yet but they will soon. Some courses around here with less trees are likely open or will open within the next couple days. If you want to go to Fort Collins, some of those courses opened last week.

Awesome, I was thinking about calling my father in law and trying to play Fox Sunday!

• Like 1

Anybody going to the Colorado Golf Expo this weekend?  I don't really need anything,  but the Waste Management Open always gets my juices flowing for golf!  I played it twice on the simulator in the past week.  So I'm going on Friday morning to check it out.  I go every year...

Then, I'm off to Mesquite the last week of February.  Temps should be in the mid-60's, with a 10am-ish tee time, really looking forward to Conestoga, Falcon Ridge, Oasis Palmer and Oasis Canyon courses!  Not to mention the $21.99 all-u-can eat Crab Leg's buffet on Friday & Saturdays at Casablanca!

• Like 1

:taylormade-small: Stealth Driver
Srixon ZX 3W and Cobra RadSpeed Hybrid

:taylormade-small:P790 Irons
Cleveland CBX-2 Wedges
EVNROLL ER7 Putter
OnCore ELIXR / Srixon Q-Star Divide Golf Ball
Cart-Tek 1500li Remote Cart

PrecisionPro NX9 HD Pro Rangefinder

SkyTrak Launch Monitor

Denver, Colorado // Home Course:  Eisenhower Golf Club, USAF Academy

On 2/15/2024 at 9:48 PM, golf4pj said:

Anybody going to the Colorado Golf Expo this weekend?  I don't really need anything,  but the Waste Management Open always gets my juices flowing for golf!  I played it twice on the simulator in the past week.  So I'm going on Friday morning to check it out.  I go every year...

Then, I'm off to Mesquite the last week of February.  Temps should be in the mid-60's, with a 10am-ish tee time, really looking forward to Conestoga, Falcon Ridge, Oasis Palmer and Oasis Canyon courses!  Not to mention the $21.99 all-u-can eat Crab Leg's buffet on Friday & Saturdays at Casablanca!

Friend and I are hitting it up.  I dont need anything either but the "boss" is out of town so have to find a way to fill my time, or how I am justifying it 😁

Edited by CDM
  • Haha 1

Lenny's Golf Shop had ALL the best deals.  I picked up 5 dozen of the Srixon Q-Star Tour (Yellow/Orange Divide) for $19.99 a dozen.  Also got a Taylormade BRNR Mini-Driver for $275, they're going for over $350 on eBay.  My buddy picked up a new Footjoy rain pull-over (short-sleeve) for $40.  That exact same one is at PGA Tour Superstore for $169!!

Other than that, I did the long putt thing, couple of closest to the pin competitions and just walked around.  The 'booth babes' are always fun to look at, too!!

I was looking for the Mesquite, Nevada folks this year - as I'm heading there in 10 days!  But, they weren't there this year.

Most courses had deals for pre-buying passes.  South Suburban has always been there, but was a no-show this year.  Too bad, it's usually a popular booth with spin-the-wheel giveaways.

But given that they were essentially sold out every day of the year in 2023, I'm sure they figured they don't need to advertise.

I go every year and will go again next year.  Great weekend for it, since the weather has turned crappy again.

Edited by golf4pj
  • Like 2

Cleveland CBX-2 Wedges
EVNROLL ER7 Putter

SkyTrak Launch Monitor

22 hours ago, golf4pj said:

Man I miss the annual trip to Mesquite.  And I didn’t even know about the buffet (if they had it then, I haven’t been there for about six years). 

I haven’t gone to the expo since they moved it downtown. Just not a fan of driving and parking around there. 

10 minutes ago, deadsolid...shank said:

Man I miss the annual trip to Mesquite.  And I didn’t even know about the buffet (if they had it then, I haven’t been there for about six years). 

I haven’t gone to the expo since they moved it downtown. Just not a fan of driving and parking around there. 

Worst thing they did was moving from the other building where you could get in and out easily with free parking

• Like 2

It was my first time.  I parked next to Bubba Gump and took a left.  6100 steps before I made it to the check in booth - did about 350 degrees around the theatre and convention center.  Please be smarter than me.

Just shoveled snow in my new Pins & Aces hooded pullover.  Excellent and even better for the show price.  Recommend checking out their booth.  Size up or try the stuff on... slim fit, IMO.

I almost bought a new Honma 3 wood for like $49 from Lennys.  Stiff shaft was worrying me.  I regret it.  Always wanted to try one.

• Like 2

21 hours ago, golf4pj said:

Lenny's Golf Shop had ALL the best deals.  I picked up 5 dozen of the Srixon Q-Star Tour (Yellow/Orange Divide) for $19.99 a dozen.  Also got a Taylormade BRNR Mini-Driver for $275, they're going for over $350 on eBay.  My buddy picked up a new Footjoy rain pull-over (short-sleeve) for $40.  That exact same one is at PGA Tour Superstore for $169!!

Other than that, I did the long putt thing, couple of closest to the pin competitions and just walked around.  The 'booth babes' are always fun to look at, too!!

I was looking for the Mesquite, Nevada folks this year - as I'm heading there in 10 days!  But, they weren't there this year.

Most courses had deals for pre-buying passes.  South Suburban has always been there, but was a no-show this year.  Too bad, it's usually a popular booth with spin-the-wheel giveaways.

But given that they were essentially sold out every day of the year in 2023, I'm sure they figured they don't need to advertise.

I go every year and will go again next year.  Great weekend for it, since the weather has turned crappy again.

Wildhorse did not have any pre pay passes. The fox hollow deal was not weekend.  Did not see any other golf pre pay deals. Lenny's by far was the best setup and deals.  Pins and Aces prices where good at 2 for $50 on polos.

A lot of none golf related golf booths.   Not sure worth it with parking cost, everyone downtown is charging $30 for "Event parking"  

I had not seen Lenny in some time.  We were BS's and he said it was a new owner last year, needs more time and looking like more connections.

The golf heckler guys on the putt contest were pretty funny though. 

I would say it has declined 

• Like 1

I looked at the list of places at the show and it looks like a lot of CO courses that used to have a booth declined to go this year. All the courses didn't have any issues keeping tee sheets pretty full so no reason to go to the show. Definitely not worth it unless you want equipment/clothes.

Todd Creek is selling 5 play passes with cart and range balls for $300 good anytime M-Th, after 1pm weekend. You have to go in to the shop to buy though.

On 2/13/2024 at 4:11 PM, Joelness said:

I'm hoping Fox opens up tomorrow before my trip but it's iffy. As long as it doesn't snow on Friday it will be open on Sunday for you.

Dangit Joel!

I am going to try to find a place to get out to play tomorrow afternoon hoping today gets warm enough to melt. Please let me know if you guys know of anything open around the metro!

• Haha 1

On 2/17/2024 at 5:22 PM, CDM said:

Not sure worth it with parking cost, everyone downtown is charging $30 for "Event parking"  

SpotHero app is great for finding cheap parking--especially garages that are too lazy to hire someone to collect "Event Parking".

• Like 1

Live in Colorado? Visit Colorado WRX!

Ping G410 LST 9° Ventus Black 7X

Callaway Apex Pro 2H 18° MMT 80 HB XS
Ping S55 3-PW DG X100 (orange dot)
Ping Glide 52°, 56° (orange dot)

Titleist Vokey SM2 Red Saw 60° (to be retired)

Ping Glide 4.0 60° (orange dot) (soon)
Odyssey Works Big T V-Line CS 33.5"
Front Range Golf Club (frgclub.com)

Buffalo Run is open and I managed to get out there yesterday. Anyone play there often or are familiar with their plans? Everytime I go out there I enjoy the layout and think it could be a really cool links-feeling track if they could get the conditions under control. I know they are recovering from a drainage project (big chunks of fairways are unplayable) but I am curious what the long-term plan is.

Also - the family of four (two adults two juniors) walked 18 for $77 total. One of the few times I can think of I wish a course charged a little more to improve their course management budget!

• Like 1

Buffalo Run got hit by a blight maybe 12-15 years ago, and I think it was the same one that hit Colorado National. As far as I know, they truly haven't recovered from that blight (not sure if nature simply won or if it was recovery mismanagement by the greenskeepers), and the drainage issues is just icing on the cake. But I remember "back in the day" Buffalo Run used to be one of the better courses north of town.

7 hours ago, Hardrain said:

Buffalo Run is open and I managed to get out there yesterday. Anyone play there often or are familiar with their plans? Everytime I go out there I enjoy the layout and think it could be a really cool links-feeling track if they could get the conditions under control. I know they are recovering from a drainage project (big chunks of fairways are unplayable) but I am curious what the long-term plan is.

Also - the family of four (two adults two juniors) walked 18 for $77 total. One of the few times I can think of I wish a course charged a little more to improve their course management budget!

The issue with the bad condition holes at Buffalo Run is that it was built on top of salt deposits that keep working their way up into the top soil. They've tried different grass types and other things. A shame because the layout is good.

• Confused 1

Buffalo Run was a dump when I played it late last year.  Back in high school that course was super nice and wasn't bad price wise - one of the kids on my college team worked out there so we'd sneak on all the time with him 

• Like 1

Cobra Aerojet 9* - LAGP A Series X Mid 

Cobra LTDX 3W - Tensei 1K 75 TX 

New Level 18* KBS Tour Prototype 105X / Cobra LTDX 5w - Tensei Black 85 TX

Artisan HM's / Custom Nike VR Pro Blades - 6.5 Project X Blackouts

Mizuno T22 Copper 50/54 - Project X Blackout 7.0 Spinners

Vokey 58 T Grind - Project X 6.5 Blackout

Artisan 0521 w/ LAGP 135  / Compass G.O.A.T  w/ LAGP135 / LegacyGoods Widebody w/ KBS One Step / Byron DH89 w/ LAGP135 / Cameron Studio 1.5 w/ UST All in

Bridgestone Tour BXS 

Played a few courses in Cali that had persistent grass problems and they put in turf.  It was totally fine.  IMO, this is better than turning a handful of holes into par 3... or an apartment complex.  Although some corses have all-turf fairways, these were just the trouble holes.

Saddleback was the only place with last-minute opening yesterday.  Pretty decent.  Greens and fairways were as good as anywhere and they cared enough to paint them green.  Not bad for Feb.  4:30 round, so that is typical Saddleback.  😞

• Like 1

I have a 10:30am on Wellshire for Saturday.  I have an opening for 1 person, if anyone would like to join me?

Let me know...

Thanks, -- P.J.

Edited by golf4pj
  • Like 1

Cleveland CBX-2 Wedges
EVNROLL ER7 Putter

SkyTrak Launch Monitor

Dang. My weekend plans to Vail were scrapped earlier this week, but my kid is now coming home from CU, so I think it'll be just a family weekend at home.