Gaming PXG 0317T

Otter101!!!

• Otter101!!! changed the title to Gaming PXG 0317T

Have you seen any performance gains or being easier to hit and produce more good shots? So I’ve been fit by PXG for 0317t plus .5, steel fiber private reserve. I’m wondering if this set up would be better overall versus a traditional, forged iron and steel shaft set up it seems to me the extra technology in the shaft and the filling in the club head can add more performance over the traditional build. 

Edited by Otter101!!!

3 hours ago, Otter101!!! said:

Have you seen any performance gains or being easier to hit and produce more good shots? So I’ve been fit by PXG for 0317t plus .5, steel fiber private reserve. I’m wondering if this set up would be better overall versus a traditional, forged iron and steel shaft set up it seems to me the extra technology in the shaft and the filling in the club head can add more performance over the traditional build. 

Having played blades for many years I can assure you the 0317T is a good bit more forgiving, perhaps a little less rewarding.  I am in graphite shafts last two years because the middle two fingers of my right hand just hurt too much after practice with steel shafts, or I would play steel for the additional feedback.  The 0317T gave me good distance control, steeper descent angle with more spin...which I need for our firm greens.  distance was comparable within 5 yds to PXG 0311P.  Loving everything about these irons.

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/6/2024 at 12:57 PM, Otter101!!! said:

Well, I ditched my mizuno Pro 223's for the 0317 t's.   Similar specs Steelfiber i95 private reserve, plus 1/2 inch.  One of main reasons for the switch, I moved from steel to graphite (steelfiber).  Best decision I have made in a long time.  The 0317 t's spin much better for me and I will not go back and the steelfiber shafts are just perfect, much better feel and way better on my joints.  They feel every bit as good as my Mizuno's and they have great forgivness.  

On 2/6/2024 at 2:57 PM, Otter101!!! said:

Quality control has been good by me. I also have returned a set Gen 4 P’s because it just was not a fit and they are great to deal with. If there are issues, they work to make it right.

As for the irons vs traditional, I don’t notice any major forgiveness difference in 8-P, but I usually don’t. I middle those clubs consistently. Beyond 150 yards I find the 0317T quite a bit more helpful on mishits. Loss of distance is not as large. 

It is a very comparable iron to a Mizuno 243 (mizuno uses chromoly steel to boost the 4-7 irons, standard forging in 8-G) but obviously the 0317T has more forgiveness than the 243 in 8-G if you need it, and it is also similar to TM 770 (filled heads, like PXG). 

Callaway Paradym Triple Diamond 10.5 w/Diamana TB 60S

PXG GEN6 5 wood w/Diamana S-plus 70 stiff

Yamaha RMX VD 7 wood w/Diamana S-plus 70 stiff

Callaway Mavrik Pro hybrid (22) w/Aldila Tour Blue 85 stiff hybrid

Wilson Staff Model CB 5-G w/DG s300 shafts

Edel T grind 54 w/Nippon 125 wedge shaft

Fourteen RM-12 58 w/Dynamic Golds400

Axis1 Rose putter, 34 inches

My set of 0317T’s showed up last weekend. My specs are SF PR 110S plus 1/2 inch 2° flat, D3 swing weight. First round was a 75 at 5900 yards here in the PNW. Only have two and half rounds on them. First trackman combine was 73.2 not to bad, I don’t have my yardages down yet. So far my impression is very impressive, club and ball speed are up and I believe I’m seeing a one club increase in distances, initial dispersion is pretty good and should tighten up over time. I love the sound at impact and ball flight is very nice. I’m coming from Ping i210 best trackman combine was a 75.8 very constant and excellent dispersion but always seemed to lack some distance. It took me seven weeks of fittings and testing, two fittings at PXG. I made the right choice and I am very happy. Pretty excited to see how things progress as the season gets started in the next month or so.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Bought 0317T back in October, played a few times in fall / winter but really started playing this spring (live in NY). Hit them okay, and took them int PXG for some additional testing last week. I was fitted at 1/2 inch over and 1* flat which although the numbers were good from fitting seemed a bit strange since i'm 5'9. During the testing the fitter noticed that many of the irons were VERY flat, some irons at 4* flat..... he bent them to spec and seems to have fixed the issue. Still love the look and feel but i should've brought them in for this check when i first got them..... more to come 

TaylorMade SIM Max2  9* Ventus Blue 6S 
TaylorMade RBZ Tour 14.5 w/ Matrik Ozik S 
Titleist TS3 5 Wood HZRDUS Smoke 6.0 
Titleist 716 CB Irons 3-PW w/ Dynamic Gold S300 (Standard LLL)
Titleist Vokey SM7 Blue 52 56 Wedges Nippon 125 
Scotty Phantom X 11  @33" 
Titleist Pro V1 

Been playing mine now for a few months, coming from Gen 4T, and absolutely love them. Bit less forgiving but love the look of these over gen 4T. 

Specs match the last irons, PX6.5 +1/2” but went standard lie as opposed to 2* up as I have gotten a bit more shallow on downswing. 

Cannot praise these irons enough. 

• 2 weeks later...

Bit of a thread resurrection, but I just got fit into 0317t’s. 2* flat, 1/2” long, D4.5, on DG 120 X100’s.

Wasn’t planning on ordering new clubs today, as I thought I was pretty happy with my gamers (cobra king tours)… but they were so dang good. Feel, sound, performance.

Really excited to get them in. I’ll play a few rounds and report back!

7 hours ago, Omi7000 said:

I got a really good deal new 2024 3017t set, however I am looking at my first  attempt to install different shafts. Does anyone know what tip diameter size they have? I think I read somewhere they are .370 but they run a larger almost to a .390 . Think of getting .370 but will i need to put on a shim? 

PXG irons fit .355 taper tip or .370 parallel irons and use collared ferrules. Shimming can be done for a tighter fit. 

On 5/21/2024 at 6:52 PM, DKgolfAZ said:

Fitted Friday, built, assembled, and at the store for picked up today!

swing weights, length, loft, and lie are all spot on. Hit my sim with them and they give me my perfect baby fade stock shot.

super happy. Spark golf tonight for their first round!

IMG_3102.jpeg

I don’t know why but this picture makes the 317ts look much better than the traditional full back shot. Maybe because the black insert and PXG text are aligned a bit better at this angle?

I’m scheduled for a fitting at PXG tomorrow and will def check these out then. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, yinzerniner said:

I don’t know why but this picture makes the 317ts look much better than the traditional full back shot. Maybe because the black insert and PXG text are aligned a bit better at this angle?

I’m scheduled for a fitting at PXG tomorrow and will def check these out then. 

Thanks! I had planned on busting out my actual camera and getting a little photoshoot going before smacking some balls with them but got too excited and just did a quick one on the iPhone. Glad it’s aesthetically pleasing!

I always thought the 0317 line looked really clean, tried to highlight that.

headed to my first PXG fitting tomorrow. I'm planning on trying the 0317T, 0317CB and the gen6 against my T100S gamers. I love the T100S but am excited to put these to the test. The Black Ops woods have been amazing and I ended up getting a full set driver, 3W, 5W, and 4H. I will report back but I may end up in a full PXG bag this year. 

2 hours ago, stoneydukes said:

headed to my first PXG fitting tomorrow. I'm planning on trying the 0317T, 0317CB and the gen6 against my T100S gamers. I love the T100S but am excited to put these to the test. The Black Ops woods have been amazing and I ended up getting a full set driver, 3W, 5W, and 4H. I will report back but I may end up in a full PXG bag this year. 

Looking forward to your findings.  I had some T100S's and went into a PXG fitting last year.  The 0317T were not out yet, but I hit the 0317 cb.  I loved them, the feel was tremendous and honestly they weren't any better numbers wise to my Titleist and in the end I didn't buy them.  They are very nice irons, though.

• Like 1

Ping G430 Max 10.5, VA Nemesis 55 four

Ping G430 5-18, VA Vylyn 65 four

Ping G430 4H, 5H, 6H, Alta 70S

Titleist T150, KBS Tour R+, 6-pw

Titleist SM10 Nickel, 48F,54D,& 58D Black Onyx wedge

Odyssey Nano 7, stroke lab

Pro V 1X or Z-Star XV

3 minutes ago, dalillama47 said:

Looking forward to your findings.  I had some T100S's and went into a PXG fitting last year.  The 0317T were not out yet, but I hit the 0317 cb.  I loved them, the feel was tremendous and honestly they weren't any better numbers wise to my Titleist and in the end I didn't buy them.  They are very nice irons, though.

The latest gen 6 PXGs I hit were all excellent clubs, 317CB and XP I believe. The looks at the back are pretty polarizing, but from the top they have a nice line and the balance is on point. Very, very soft face feel. 

Also the PXG fitting deal that's on now can't be beat. $25 for full bag and you get a dozen balls. 

• Like 1

On 5/31/2024 at 5:51 PM, dalillama47 said:

This was pretty much my experience. I knew going in what shaft I wanted to hit so it was pretty efficient. Tried 0317T and CB. Liked the look of both but got better results out of the T with my swing today. There really wasn’t anything more I liked out of the very slightly more compact CB head. Worked with Brian at PXG Denver and would highly recommend him for people in this area. I ended up about a club longer in the T with better spin numbers. My dispersion was a little tighter with my gamers but I can see that coming together in a little time with the PXG. My miss has been toe side lately and the tungsten and foam in the PXG reduced the penalty on that side of the face. I’m sure I’ll end up with them in the bag soon. 

• Like 2

• Like 2

DRIVERS:  BLACK OPS TOUR 8*, 9* and 10.5*,  Diamana WB 53X / Ventus Blue+ 5X / Vanquish 4TX

FAIRWAYS:  TAYLORMADE STEALTH 2+ FAIRWAYS/HYBRIDS:  R13.5( FW Rocket TI), 12.8*, Kaili White/Blue 70X;  #3 FW, 15.0*, Kaili Blue 70X/Red 75X;  #4 FW TI, 16.6*, Kaili White 70TX;  #6 FW TI, 20.3*, Kaili White 80TX;  #3 HY 19.5*, Kaili White 90TX; #4 HY 22*, Kaili White 90X

TAYLORMADE `24 P Series UDI 17* and 22*, Recoil Dart 105X

PXG 0317CB, Xtreme Dark, 4 - GW, LAGP L Series, X

PXG 0317ST, Xtreme Dark, 6 - GW, KBS CTaper LE Black 125 S+

PXG  GEN0311XP, Double Black, 4 - LW, LAGP L Series, X

TAYLORMADE P7TW, 5 - GW, LAGP L Series, X

PXG 0311 Sugar Daddy II Milled Wedges, Xtreme Dark, 54*/10, 56*/10, 58*/10, 62*/10; // LAGP L Series, S

SCOTTY CAMERON CONCEPT X 7.2 LTD,  LAGOLF P 135g shaft // LAGOLF BEL-AIR X Forged Carbon Putter // TOULON GARAGE - Austin Custom Rose Gold // STEWART GOLF Q Follow Electric Cart..Carbon // SKYCADDIE SX550 // COBALT Q6 Slope