OG Stealth Plus vs. Qi10

I changed from stealth+ blackout 9° to Qi10LS 10.5. I just purchased Stealth2+ 9° and played 2 rounds before getting Qi10LS.

I've been struggling with Stealth+ for the past few months. Stealth2+ was little better, but Qi10LS on the monitor was much better, so I'm excited to take it out this week.

Edited by bongta029
  • Like 1

Nike [color=#0000CD] Vapor Fly Pro Limited [/color]driver 9.5* Whiteboard 70g X-stiff
Nike [color=#99FF00]Vapor Flex [/color]3 wood 15* Whiteboard 80g Stiff
Nike [color=#99FF00]Vapor[/color] [color=#99FF00]Flex [/color]5 wood 19* Whiteboard 80g Stiff
Nike [color=#99FF00]Vapor Pro[/color] 3-PW S300 / Vapor Pro Combo 3-PW X-100 
Nike Engage wedge 52* Square
Nike Engage wedge 58* Toesweep
Nike [color=#0000CD]Origin B1-01 [/color][color=#000000]35"[/color] Putter with TW Proto Grip
Nike 2016 Platinum Cart Bag
IG airbong23

On 3/7/2024 at 9:13 PM, Frank Newport said:

You have a client on staff at TM and you didn’t think of asking him these important questions? Your WRX credentials should be revoked effective immediately.

"TaylorMade Qi10 LS: TaylorMade’s Qi10 LS is arguably the lowest-spinning driver of 2024, and it’s currently being played by the likes of Tiger Woods, Tommy Fleetwood, and Kurt Kitayama.

The driver is so low-spinning, actually, that players such as Rory McIlroy and Scottie Scheffler have opted for the Qi10 core model for a touch of added forgiveness and spin."

That was a GolfWRX article that was written recently.  I also had a training session with my tour pro client yesterday and he essentially said the same as he has the Qi10 LS @10.5*.  He normally plays 8-9* and plays a baby fade but when he got on trackman, he said that the 8 and 9* models of the LS were borderline unplayable because it was too low spin.  His AoA is also +2 but makes 185 ball speed.  He said his two buddies on the PGA Tour who are TM staffers have said the same as well that they either lofted up or went with the core model.  

Callaway AI Smoke Paradym 💎💎💎9* - Tour AD VF-7TX

TM SIM ti 15* - Diamana GT 80TX

TM Tour Issue Rescue 11 TP Deep Face Proto 16* - Ventus Black HB 9TX

New Level NLU-01 21* - KBS Hybrid Proto 105X

New Level 623-M 5-PW - MMT 125TX

Miura Tour 54* HB - KBS 610 125 S+, New Level SPN forged M-grind 58* - KBS Tour 130X

Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2

Made the switch to Qi10. Very impressed with this driver. I’ll chime in on how it launches after more time with it. I think shaft is a key factor there. I went with core model in 9 degrees. It did well today and I had a few misses that still got out there and probably had one more club into the green.

92E6C57E-FDDA-48CD-9447-EAD243FF2876.jpeg.2b04a146981d82406723aa51d9ff7c11.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Callaway Paradym Triple Diamond 10.5 w/Diamana TB 60S

PXG GEN6 5 wood w/Diamana S-plus 70 stiff

Yamaha RMX VD 7 wood w/Diamana S-plus 70 stiff

Callaway Mavrik Pro hybrid (22) w/Aldila Tour Blue 85 stiff hybrid

Wilson Staff Model CB 5-G w/DG s300 shafts

Edel T grind 54 w/Nippon 125 wedge shaft

Fourteen RM-12 58 w/Dynamic Golds400

Axis1 Rose putter, 34 inches

7 hours ago, dmeeksDC said:

Made the switch to Qi10. Very impressed with this driver. I’ll chime in on how it launches after more time with it. I think shaft is a key factor there. I went with core model in 9 degrees. It did well today and I had a few misses that still got out there and probably had one more club into the green.

92E6C57E-FDDA-48CD-9447-EAD243FF2876.jpeg.2b04a146981d82406723aa51d9ff7c11.jpeg

I see a TPT shaft in there.  Is that the Power range or Nitro series?  HI or LO?

Miura Tour 54* HB - KBS 610 125 S+, New Level SPN forged M-grind 58* - KBS Tour 130X

7 minutes ago, phizzy30 said:

I see a TPT shaft in there.  Is that the Power range or Nitro series?  HI or LO?

Good eye. You really know your golf shafts. I was fit for it. Nitro range felt too stout to me. Almost too low torque. I much preferred the Power range and this is the 17 LO, tipped 1 inch. It is quite stable but feels awesome. These shafts are unique and I am hammering it. 

• Thanks 1

Just now, dmeeksDC said:

Good eye. You really know your golf shafts. I was fit for it. Nitro range felt too stout to me. Almost too low torque. I much preferred the Power range and this is the 17 LO, tipped 1 inch. It is quite stable but feels awesome. These shafts are unique and I am hammering it. 

Yeah, I had the 15 HI power range with the same graphics and loved how stable it was.  Wasn't too keen on feel and ball speed was on the lower side but all that's on me, but it's still a good and underrated shaft. 

For me, at least on the launch monitor the Qi10 core, just has a different gear on ball speed across the face.  I am still testing.  But found (for me) even the Qi10 core to just have a level of forgiveness that is a definite step up.  While I still can match ball speed, and the OG Stealth I think is faster when you catch it in the perfect spot, the Qi10 is faster across more of the face.  Qi10 doesn't launch quite as low as the og stealth +.  I do think weighting is key to the head.  For the faster player, I don't see a way around using hot melt or lead tape to dial in the spin and sw due to lack of weight channel and back weight options on the core.  

The remaining question for me, is how does the Qi10 do on the course?  The OG stealth + has been the most accurate driver I have ever played.  (Again for me). for whatever reason i just hit fairways with that thing, but seemed to have a glass ceiling on distance.  Just can't seem to get past a certain yardage no matter what.  I am hoping the Qi10 can get me a little extra gear there.  

15 minutes ago, phizzy30 said:

Yeah, I had the 15 HI power range with the same graphics and loved how stable it was.  Wasn't too keen on feel and ball speed was on the lower side but all that's on me, but it's still a good and underrated shaft. 

A lot of people are finding out about them. Jason Day playing well on TV with a TPT proto driver shaft has helped. Tricky to fit and the fits can be surprising. Off a spec sheet I would not have picked the 17 LO for me. Many options in the lineup. They like to dial it in to the precise model and tip trim so it is really a must-fit shaft, but their online tool is a way to get an idea and it works well. 

They have a interesting video explaining the performance dynamics and why some players will elevate the LO better than the HI due to how they deliver the club. I am one of them. (And conversely, those players will lose distance and carry with the HI, which will launch lower with less carry. Weird) I actually hit the LO higher than the HI and ball speed is higher. The best thing about the shaft with this incredible head is the carry plus great accuracy. The standard Qi10 head is so good. 

There is one similarity to Autoflex in that TPT says players can go softer and gain distance with their shafts due to the stability. They told me going as stiff as I usually might will mess with tempo and inhibit performance. But the TPT shafts are not nearly as flexible feeling as Autoflex. TPT feels like a typical shaft to me, no wobble. I’m surprised you didn’t like the feel, but I went softer than you did. It is so smooth, one of the best-feeling shafts I have ever tried. I can’t stand a boardy shaft. The TPT in the Qi10 head feels like a serious weapon. I am very pleased at what I’m seeing on the course. 

On 3/17/2024 at 1:52 PM, 055 said:

All these SLDR comments.... That might have been the most over hyped, overrated clubs ever. Also the least forgiving which is probably why IMO. The Stealth+ is very good, and haven't hit the newer TM's.

Agreed on the SLDR.  90% of the time I would hit a low ropey hook with it.  The other 10% of the time I would hit the longest drives of my life.  The problem was I never knew when the 10% would be.  lol

Ping G430 LST 10.5* Tour Black 2.0 65X

Titleist TSr2+ 13* Diamana D+ Limited 80X

Titleist TSr2 16.5* Diamana D+ Limited 80X
Titleist TSi2 21* Speeder HB 8.8 TS
Ping G430 5-UW Steelfiber i80S
Ping Glide 2.0 SS 54* Steelfiber i80S

Cleveland CBX 2 60* DG 115
Scottie Super Select Squareback 2

Titleist AVX/Bridgestone BRX

Just now, DixieD said:

Stealth plus is more playable for most. Unless you want a willy wanging contest on gc quad hovering in the sub 2k spin window then the qi10 ls is your guy.

Yes, the Qi10 LS is low spin, but it's way more forgiving across the face compared to the Stealth+.  I'd take the Qi10 LS over the S+, loft up and put in a shaft that gets the numbers I want.  Anything more than 1/4 inch outside the sweet spot of the S+ was asking for trouble. 

• Like 3

I bought a 9* qi10ls to mess a round with for scientific purposes😅. Been using a 10.5 degree Paradym TD set at 8.5 (green dot adapter), 14g front, ventus black tr 6x. The PTD is awesome but I do hit it higher than i would like.

Anyway, threw my og ventus black thats tipped 1.5 in the qi10ls. Shaft is a little too firm lol, I had to tip it because the tip section was delaminating. Added some lead tape because I play my driver at 45". I'd say it's taking some time for me to get used to the feel of the face. I like the flight when set on lower 7* but since I hit a fade the face being open 4* seems to exaggerate my fade. Going to play today and I'll set it back to 9*. Overall I like the flight window, seems lower than the triple d already, spin doesn't seem all that low. I'd like to throw my ventus tr black in it but I have a big tournament this weekend and I'm not sold on the qi10ls just yet. I'll probably swap the shafts tonight and worst case scenario I just hit more 3w or hybrids off the tee in the tournament if the qi10ls and I still don't jive after that. 

Worth noting that from testing the head I ordered to the fitting head, the driver spins more when you order it shorter with the heavier weight in the back. It was actually quite mid spin ordered at -.75”. Mine had a defect and has since been warrantied and I had them replace it with a 9* core in designer black as I preferred the feel and numbers from the core with the loft bumped down. Very forgiving. 

This is totally subjective, but played in a scramble with 3 good buddies yesterday. 2 of them had just picked up new drivers (a Smoke AI and a Qi10ls). My friend and I who did not have new drivers were blown away by the ball flight and ball speed coming off these new clubs. We both said we are absolutely playing with inferior technology. To notice the difference we did from low single digit handicaps is a real testament to the progress being made in these latest generations. 

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

I ended up going with a 10.5 Qi10 and paired it with the ventus black 6x.  First day I was able to hit it outside I was amazed at how big of an upgrade it was over my Stealth Plus 10.5 and Diamana ZF 60s.  First time in an x stiff shaft and I'm swinging right around 110-112 on good days.  Did a lot of speed training the last year and half and didn't realize just how much i was bending and twisting the diamana.  The new combo feels so solid and give me confidence to rip it without wondering where the clubhead is.  Definitely no issue launching it, either.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Frank Newport said:

I don’t find the qi ls super low spin.  

It stayed above 2300 for me on all my stock swings.  I tried to hit a couple of slingers with a path that was +5 degrees in to out and yeah, spin dipped abit.  If your that player, you don’t need a low spin head period.

what I appreciate most about it is the ball doesn’t want to go left, even on toe strikes.   The cobra was a close 2nd, but had a left miss in it for me.

Edited by Pnwpingi210

1 minute ago, Pnwpingi210 said:

A don’t find the qi ls super low spin.  

It stayed above 2300 for me on all my stick swings.  I tried to hit a couple of slingers with a path that was +5 degrees in to out and yeah, spin dipped abit.  If your that player, you don’t need a low spin head period.

what I appreciate most about it is the ball doesn’t want to go left, even on toe strikes.   The cobra was a close 2nd, but had a left miss in it for me.

I had a very similar experience to you. I was launching it only 10 but it was still reaching 90ft+ peak and I was using an 8* turned up to 8.75. Maybe it just fits my swing well but it sure felt playable the day I hit it. 

• Like 1

Something to consider.  The OG Stealth + has a much more upright lie angle.  To compare, the upright setting for the Qi10 is still flatter than the standard lie on the OG S+.  If you draw the ball, something to consider for start lines and curve.  I found the Qi10 LS to be built for the fader.  It's lie angle is very flat.  Similar to the earlier M series drivers.  The Qi10 core may be slightly better for players that draw the ball as it has a more upright lie angle.  

15 minutes ago, buckeye2782 said:

Something to consider.  The OG Stealth + has a much more upright lie angle.  To compare, the upright setting for the Qi10 is still flatter than the standard lie on the OG S+.  If you draw the ball, something to consider for start lines and curve.  I found the Qi10 LS to be built for the fader.  It's lie angle is very flat.  Similar to the earlier M series drivers.  The Qi10 core may be slightly better for players that draw the ball as it has a more upright lie angle.  

Where do you see these numbers?  On the TM website it says both the Stealth Plus and Qi10 Drivers lie angle is 56-60 (for 10.5).  That would be an interesting development if the Qi10 genuinely does have a flatter lie angle.  I would definitely prefer that...

9 minutes ago, FormerBigDaddy said:

Where do you see these numbers?  On the TM website it says both the Stealth Plus and Qi10 Drivers lie angle is 56-60 (for 10.5).  That would be an interesting development if the Qi10 genuinely does have a flatter lie angle.  I would definitely prefer that...

I know what the numbers say, but I have all three testing right now.  And the OGs+ in standard setting is comparable to Qi10 core in uprt, setting.  I can measure on lie gauge later and let you know exactly.  And the LS is very flat, definitely flatter than the core head.  Both a good for fades.  LS lower spin.  I hit draws and I "think" I am finding the core a better fit.  

Edited by buckeye2782

15 hours ago, buckeye2782 said:

Stealth2+ and Qi10 LS have a standard lie angle of 54*. OG stealth was 56*. And then the upright setting adds 4*. I have had to play them in the upright setting since they switched to the flatter lie angle. I’m 7-8* in to out and all I can hit are blocks in the standard setting.

Ai Smoke 💎💎💎 9* Ventus TR Red 6X

BRNR Mini 13.5* Diamana ZF 70X

Paradym 💎💎💎T 18* Ventus Red 8X

2023 T100 4-PW C-taper 125S+

SM10 Jet Black 52F, 56S, 60M DG Tour Issue S400

Odyssey Versa #7

Pro V1X

• 5 weeks later...
26 minutes ago, PatScan said:

Does anyone have any observations on forgiveness of the original Stealth versus the Qi10 core model?

I have been playing the Stealth (with the trusty Tensei CK White) since it's come out, but am hopeful that the Qi10 will offer similar speed/spin and increased forgiveness (and thus tighter dispersion).

It's more forgiving across the face compared OG Stealth.  Ball speed will be similar off the sweet spot and I saw 1-3 mph higher off the toe(Qi10 core).  Spin can vary.