2024 Rocket Mortgage Classic WITB Photos ×

Sucks we don't get to see Bryson play more...

I felt that same way when the split first happened, but my feelings have changed a bit over time. The only event I feel like we're really missing out on is the Players Championship since it's always been more or less a mini major anyway.

I honestly can't say I'd care all that much about watching (insert PGA Tour pro) battle it out against (insert LIV pro) to win the Traveler's Championship or Sony Open...

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, Abh159 said:

I felt that same way when the split first happened, but my feelings have changed a bit over time. The only event I feel like we're really missing out on is the Players Championship since it's always been more or less a mini major anyway.

I honestly can't say I'd care all that much about watching (insert PGA Tour pro) battle it out against (insert LIV pro) to win the Traveler's Championship or Sony Open...

This is partly true. If I take my rose colored glasses off, not all Pro's showed up to non-big events. It's a reason they increased purses and implemented more rules to get players to show up more. But, still, Players, WGC events, playoffs, etc., there's enough golf left where they aren't all together which sucks. It's at least good that everyone can play in the majors so we see them all together.

16 minutes ago, tgoodspe1991 said:

This is partly true. If I take my rose colored glasses off, not all Pro's showed up to non-big events. It's a reason they increased purses and implemented more rules to get players to show up more. But, still, Players, WGC events, playoffs, etc., there's enough golf left where they aren't all together which sucks. It's at least good that everyone can play in the majors so we see them all together.

I agree with you from the perspective that golf needs star power (might even say its desperate for it) and Bryson and Rahm are two of biggest needle movers. 

I love Scheffler. Huge fan. But the dude is pretty boring. Some rivalries would be great for the game (tv ratings, growth, etc). Right now we have probably the 2nd best PGA Tour player (McIlroy) giving Scheffler advice on how to putt better. It's nice guy central. Yesterday was one of the most exciting majors in quite some time and it was because two of the games heavy weights were getting hit with haymakers coming down the stretch. 

Could you imagine if Bryson was playing well enough on the PGA tour to contend for #1 vs Scottie? THAT would make for some compelling golf. 

• Like 1

Even before the split, I didn't have time to watch much golf outside the majors.  With the wrap around season it was just way too many events to watch and keep up with. 

PGA put signature events before and after the US open and LIV has two events before / after as well.  Do they really expect us to be zoned in on the Travelers / Nashville event this week?  There is just too much golf at this point that just makes the majors that much more important.  Hope they can resolve their differences and figure out a way to make sure the best players are at the majors regardless of tour affiliation.   

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, tgoodspe1991 said:

Yes, I know, I can watch him on LIV. It's not the same. I miss these guys battling it out on the same tour every week. The US Open was a great example of the 'old world of golf' with Rory and Bryson battling down the stretch. We don't get these match ups often enough anymore with how split the tours are right now.

Bryson finished T6 at The Masters, T2 at the PGA Championship, wins the US Open, and now we won't see him again until The Open. Like him or not, he's damn good and he's on fire right now at the big events.

Just wish golf were fun to watch again. Ever since the LIV split I've barely watched a minute of it save for the majors.

It's so much better now that the talent is spread across tours and they only play vs each other in the majors.

Its why we have majors, they are the zenith, it's just better for golf.

Who wants to bother watching the best playing bog standard courses in next to nothing events in one country - just horrible.

Edited by Rapidcat
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 3

Srixon Z785 @10.5° Fujikura Atmos 6 X 44.5” //  Cobra King Ltd FWY @15.5° XCaliber FW S 43" //  Cobra F7 FWY @18.5° Aldila Tour Blue ATX 85 S 42.5" //  Titleist 818H1 #4 @20° Project X Hzardus Smoke Red RDX 80g 6.0 40" // Titleist 818H1 #6 @24° XCaliber HY S 39.25" // Srixon Z565 6-PW:  6,7 KBS PGI 90 tipped for S SSx1, 8,9 Fuji Pro 85i S SSx1, PW Fuji Pro 95i S SSx1 // Cleveland CBX 50.11 Fuji Pro 95i S SSx1 //  Cleveland RTX3 56.14 bent 55.13 //  Nike VR X3X Toe Sweep 58.10  //  TaylorMade Spider Tour Red #3 Sightline 34" Super Stroke Pistol GT 2.0 //  Titleist Pro V1x //  McGregor Hybrid Stand/Cart Bag

1 hour ago, tgoodspe1991 said:

Yes, I know, I can watch him on LIV. It's not the same. I miss these guys battling it out on the same tour every week. The US Open was a great example of the 'old world of golf' with Rory and Bryson battling down the stretch. We don't get these match ups often enough anymore with how split the tours are right now.

Bryson finished T6 at The Masters, T2 at the PGA Championship, wins the US Open, and now we won't see him again until The Open. Like him or not, he's damn good and he's on fire right now at the big events.

Just wish golf were fun to watch again. Ever since the LIV split I've barely watched a minute of it save for the majors.

Many of us have said the PGA tour dramatically underestimated the impact LIV had on the PGA tour product. 

They NEED to work it out and get the liv field back with the PGA tour field much more regularly.  It's killing the spectators of golf and making a worse product for both tours.

The best players are clearly spread between 2 tours right now

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Abh159 said:

The TV ratings lately would say you are a minority.  A large nunber of viewers care, they've turned off the PGA tour broadcasts.

Edited by clinkinfo
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, clinkinfo said:

The TV ratings lately would say you are a minority.  A large nunber of viewers care, they've turned off the PGA tour broadcasts.

You misunderstood what I was saying. My lack of caring isn't because players are split between tours, it's because the non-majors don't get me excited regardless of who is playing. 

I don't really care who wins the Sony Open, the Rocket Mortgage, or any other run of the mill PGA Tour event. I also don't care who wins wherever LIV is playing this month.

1 minute ago, bscinstnct said:

100%

One reason I’m not a big fan. 

I don’t blame him for taking the $150MM guarantee 

But it’s a shame he’s being wasted and not playing competitively more often and obviously the fields/events would benefit if he  and others came back. 

He's not being wasted, he's winning majors whilst working with younger generations on YT.

Why would he be interested in bog standard PGAT events?

He's where he should be - growing golf, not catering to 64 year old's (ave viewer age of PGAT events - apparently).

• Haha 1

Srixon Z785 @10.5° Fujikura Atmos 6 X 44.5” //  Cobra King Ltd FWY @15.5° XCaliber FW S 43" //  Cobra F7 FWY @18.5° Aldila Tour Blue ATX 85 S 42.5" //  Titleist 818H1 #4 @20° Project X Hzardus Smoke Red RDX 80g 6.0 40" // Titleist 818H1 #6 @24° XCaliber HY S 39.25" // Srixon Z565 6-PW:  6,7 KBS PGI 90 tipped for S SSx1, 8,9 Fuji Pro 85i S SSx1, PW Fuji Pro 95i S SSx1 // Cleveland CBX 50.11 Fuji Pro 95i S SSx1 //  Cleveland RTX3 56.14 bent 55.13 //  Nike VR X3X Toe Sweep 58.10  //  TaylorMade Spider Tour Red #3 Sightline 34" Super Stroke Pistol GT 2.0 //  Titleist Pro V1x //  McGregor Hybrid Stand/Cart Bag

3 minutes ago, TiScape said:

Sorry, but gun to head, Bryson would rather be playing the bigger non major tournaments on the PGAT than what his league has going on. I say that with 💯 confidence. Why he wants to “let bygones be bygones” and get back to the big stage.

*just my opinion RC 😊

You may be right but I'm not quite sure.

One thing I am sure of.....he's the American Superman of golf, see how the crowd reacted to him, they couldn't care about PGAT vs LIV, just having a dominant American in an American mold winning.

The longest and the best - no one else is that (both aspects).

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TiScape said:

I don’t even consider his nationality into the equation. To me he’s just Bryson. The ppl that made it into the USA vs. others are IMO probably the same ppl that think it’s cool to yell mashed potatoes, baba booey and get in the hole on par 5 tee shots 🤷🏼‍♂️

Well it's simple then ... does Bryson like mashed potatoes?

Just now, TiScape said:

Private opinion or cameras “rolling” Bryson?

Paige likes hot dogs.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TiScape said:

Until they yell cut and then… 🤮 

then they yell ow!