Bridgestone B330 rx

MizzyMan

anyone tried it?
Was told it may be better for me as my SS is only about 95. Can't compress the ProV1 enough and am losing yardage.

Whle I was there he convinced me to buy a set of Epon 301 irons with Nippon shafts. Then an Epon driver with a Matrix TP-6 shaft. Beautiful bats to say the least, and the feel, WHOOOA!

Can't wait for them to be built, but it's all you guys' fault! Having to read all these forums and reviews is like an alcoholic going to a college frat party. The temptation! :)

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am buying a dozen of these balls the second I see them on the shelf.

Ping G400 MAX 9° Motore Speeder 757 Evolution Tour Spec S

Mizuno ST-3 15° 3W Ventus Blue Velocore 70S

Tour Edge Exotics EXS Pro 19° 3H HZRDUS Smoke Black 80X
                                                  PXG 0211 XCOR2 Xtreme Dark 5-GW Mitsubishi MMT 80S
Edison 55°/59° DG 115 S200 Tour Issue
Edel EAS 4.0
Camino Sunday Bag
Titleist ProV1

Some info on the RX from Bridgestone.

TOUR B330-RX

Through its ball-fitting program, Bridgestone Golf tested thousands of golfers and found that no ball on the market could deliver TOUR-level spin and performance on the greens while also offering a softer compression that allowed moderate swing speed players the ability to compress the core in the same manner a high swing speed player does with other TOUR-level balls. As a result, Bridgestone Golf has developed the new TOUR B330-RX - a ball made specifically for low handicappers who do not have TOUR-level swing speeds, but want TOUR-level performance in their short game.

With its new Very SOFT Gradational Compression Core, the B330-RX delivers TOUR-level spin, control and feel, yet provides maximum distance to moderate swing speed players (less than 105 mph swing speeds) off the tee. Designed for swing speeds between 85-105 mph, the new B330-RX is the softest multilayer ball on the market, and the first TOUR performance ball designed specifically for low handicap amateurs.

In addition to the suped-up core, the B330-RX features an Ionomer Inner Cover that provides increased velocity and reduced spin off the driver and long irons, allowing players to hit their tee shots, fairway woods and long irons further with less swing speed. The B330-RX utilizes the same industry leading Seamless Cover Technology that Bridgestone balls have become known for, and features a 330-dimple pattern for optimal trajectory and consistency of ball flight. Furthermore, the enhanced Urethane cover offers TOUR-caliber greenside control and buttery soft feel on putts.

"We're very excited about the B330-RX as we believe it addresses a segment of players that have not received the attention they deserve," said Brandon Sowell, Golf Ball Marketing Manager - Bridgestone Golf, Inc. "For far too long, the industry's top selling manufacturer has claimed that one type of ball is the best choice for all highly-skilled players, forgetting about those low handicappers who just can't swing at 115 miles per hour. With the 'RX' players will no longer have to sacrifice distance off the tee, for better feel and spin into and around the greens."

Titleist TS3 9.5* Aldila Rogue Silver 110 60X
Titleist 915F 15* Aldila Rogue Silver 110 70X
Titleist 816 H2 Aldila Rogue Silver 110 85X
Titleist T100 Project X 5.5
Titleist Vokey SM8 50/54/58 Project X 5.5 Wedge
Scotty Cameron Squareback 2
Titleist Staff Stand Bag
Titleist ProV1x,
Bushnell Tour Z6

Bridgestone backs it as a new ball.. dont know but seems pretty promising.

Titleist Staff Stand Bag
Titleist ProV1x,
Bushnell Tour Z6

I always wondered why a ball company never made a ladies tour ball. Its pretty much the same thing. Same spin and workability but for a slower swing speed. This sounds like the perfect ball for me not losing spin or traj.

I remember the Pro V1 Diamond. When it came out it was softer than the Pro V1. Never could get my hands on any. Only for tour players. Never made it though. Jeff Sluman played them for a bit.

TM SIM Max 11.1* Fujikura Ventus Blue VC 6S
3 Wood Titleist TSR 15* Fujikura Ventus Red VC 7S
5 Wood Titleist TSR 18* Fujikura Ventus Blue VC 8S
7 Wood Callaway BB 2004 21* Pro Launch 75s
4-PW Srixon Zx7 Modus 105s
MG4 54 SB Modus 105w, MG4 60 SBC Modus 105w

Scotty Cameron

According to that Golf magazine test on a 95mph swing the only difference between the ProV and and softer balls was 5 or 6 yards. I am not too sold on the compression bit although I do like the feel. The Taylor Made TP LDP Black is one of the hardest balls but it went the longest off of the driver with a 95 mph swing and other softer balls went less. Some of the harder balls did make up some distance with a 105 mph speed but not very much.

I had a chance to play the RX twice last week. It's a little softer than the e5+, comes of the driver with a little less spin than the e5+, but still spins good with irons. This is NOT a Tour Stage ball with a new name. This is a brand new ball developed by the R & D dept. in Covington, GA. If you're looking for a tour caliber ball, but don't swing 105+, this is a great ball.

I had a chance to play the RX twice last week. It's a little softer than the e5+, comes of the driver with a little less spin than the e5+, but still spins good with irons. This is NOT a Tour Stage ball with a new name. This is a brand new ball developed by the R & D dept. in Covington, GA. If you're looking for a tour caliber ball, but don't swing 105+, this is a great ball.

Does the RX feel mushy off the driver and how does it play around the greens compared to the other B330's

Titleist Staff Stand Bag
Titleist ProV1x,
Bushnell Tour Z6

IThe concept of B330 RX is not innovative. in fact the tourstage V10 is a urethane ball make for players with moderate swing speed with a ball compression of 75, the precept U-tri extra spin is also a high lauching, soft compression urethane cover ball made by bridgestone 3 yrs ago.

The V10 is not a urethane ball. It is actually a three-piece distance ball with a little spin injected to it. The cover is some sort of ionomer surlyn blend.

The Precept U-Tri Extra Spin was a urethane covered ball that was know in the Japan market as the Tourstage UX Arrow.

The B330RX has already been out in Japan for the past 1.5 years as the Tourstage X-01S3. Don't worry if the US is only getting the ball now. It is still better than most US-market urethane balls, and at least now we know that it has already met consumer and tour acceptance in Japan. As a matter of fact, that ball model is still a current model and doesn't look like it will be replaced anytime soon in Japan - even after over a year. Instead, it has now been offered in a different pearl finish, and with new graphics (Tourstage logo on one side), but it is exactly the same ball. That is how good it is, and the US market should be happy that it is now available to them at $40, instead of importing it from Japan for over $60 plus shipping and duties. It's the exact same ball, and of course, is Made in Japan.

However, I am a bit puzzled as to why most of the talk in the forums center around the B330RX. I have tried the Tourstage counterpart of that, and surely they are great. However, the Tourstage X-01R4 and the X-01G4 - "4" denoting it being 4-piece - will have US equivalents with the 2009 B330 and B330s, and they are incredible balls. I would even say they are going to be better than the B330RX.

All three offerings are going to be very solid models, using Japanese Bridgestone technology - the same one that gets paid by Titleist for every ProV1 box they sell.

Sorry, you're wrong. This is EXACTLY the same as a Tourstage ball that has been out.

Sorry, you're wrong. This is EXACTLY the same as a Tourstage ball that has been out.

I was going to ask him where he got his information because every premium Bridgestone ball that has come out in the past 4 years has been a rebadged Tourstage X series ball, usually a year or 2 old. I play both Tourstage and Brdigestone balls. I compare the dimple patterns and read the literature.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with that, in fact that is terrific. The Japanese prices for the Tourstage balls pay for the initial costs of R&D. The US can now get these very good performance balls at prices significantly lower than the Titleist ProVs. If you wanted them the same time they come out in Japan you would probably have to pay more than you would a ProV. The value for performance is part of the appeal of the Bridgestone balls.

I like the G4 the best so far. The S3 is great when the greens are on the soft side. They have A BIT of run out on pitches/chips very similar to the run out I get on Nike One Blacks around the green.

I was going to ask him where he got his information because every premium Bridgestone ball that has come out in the past 4 years has been a rebadged Tourstage X series ball, usually a year or 2 old. I play both Tourstage and Brdigestone balls. I compare the dimple patterns and read the literature.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with that, in fact that is terrific. The Japanese prices for the Tourstage balls pay for the initial costs of R&D. The US can now get these very good performance balls at prices significantly lower than the Titleist ProVs. If you wanted them the same time they come out in Japan you would probably have to pay more than you would a ProV. The value for performance is part of the appeal of the Bridgestone balls.

I like the G4 the best so far. The S3 is great when the greens are on the soft side. They have A BIT of run out on pitches/chips very similar to the run out I get on Nike One Blacks around the green.

I agree I have no problem with Bridgestone using Japan as their "testing zone" (although in reality it's just a different market for them), and we get the balls at a cheaper price.

But.. this shouldn't be marketed or at all spoken of as new technology.

That R&D in GA stuff seems... made up?

IThe concept of B330 RX is not innovative. in fact the tourstage V10 is a urethane ball make for players with moderate swing speed with a ball compression of 75, the precept U-tri extra spin is also a high lauching, soft compression urethane cover ball made by bridgestone 3 yrs ago.
are you saying the Precept U-Tri Extra Spin is the same ball?

quote]

epixep-

If you are so sure in this answer, then which Tourstage ball is the RX now re-badged as?

I hate to tell you, but you are the one who is in fact wrong. The RX is a new technology and is not a re-badged Tourstage. It is very similar to the Tourstage V10, but instead of the surlyn/urethane cover mix of the TS, the RX has a full urethane cover. The RX also has a slightly different inner core and mantle than the V10. Though the balls are very close, the RX is geared more towards spin & greenside control while reducing driver spin, and the V10 is more geared towards distance off the tee, and reducing driver spin.

Where do some of these comments come from? Do you just make things up to sound smart?

Has anyone with a higher than suggested swing speed tried this ball - i.e. greater than 105 driver??

My SS is barely over at 110 mph and I have tried it. I used to play the B330-S, but I did the Bridgestone ball fitting and picked up an additional 8 yards off the tee with the RX, while still maintaining my spin off the irons and around the green.

quote]

epixep-

If you are so sure in this answer, then which Tourstage ball is the RX now re-badged as?

I hate to tell you, but you are the one who is in fact wrong. The RX is a new technology and is not a re-badged Tourstage. It is very similar to the Tourstage V10, but instead of the surlyn/urethane cover mix of the TS, the RX has a full urethane cover. The RX also has a slightly different inner core and mantle than the V10. Though the balls are very close, the RX is geared more towards spin & greenside control while reducing driver spin, and the V10 is more geared towards distance off the tee, and reducing driver spin.

Where do some of these comments come from? Do you just make things up to sound smart?

I'm not making this s*** up, it's well known. Bridgestone releases balls in Japan well before they do in America.

The RX is identical to the Tourstage X-01 S3. The exact. same. ball. I don't care what a REP says, not to be rude but they know very, very little other than what they're told. Plus, they will say anything to make a product more intriguing.

They introduced "new" J36 CB blades that were out in Japan as X-blade GR irons.

Now... this isn't taking anything away from their product. The balls are very good, in Japan they've been out for a while and there are no plans revealed to replace them.

http://www.tourstage.com/x01.html shows the 330, the 330-s and the new RX.

quote]

epixep-

Now is the information "you" know that it is a Tourstage ball or you just guessing because it has a similar design to it. If you are in the industry and have insider information that is indeed a Tourstage ball than so be it. But if not, then saying the RX is just a rebadges ball where all the other info on the web plus Local reps saying it is a new design I see no merit in your post. my 2 cents

I'm not making this s*** up, it's well known. Bridgestone releases balls in Japan well before they do in America.

The RX is identical to the Tourstage X-01 S3. The exact. same. ball. I don't care what a REP says, not to be rude but they know very, very little other than what they're told. Plus, they will say anything to make a product more intriguing.

They introduced "new" J36 CB blades that were out in Japan as X-blade GR irons.

Now... this isn't taking anything away from their product. The balls are very good, in Japan they've been out for a while and there are no plans revealed to replace them.

http://www.tourstage.com/x01.html shows the 330, the 330-s and the new RX.

Is this info you know from working in the industry (golf shop/driving range/club pro/ball fitter) or you just speculating that think it is a Tourstage ball. How do you justify it when all other info contradicts your statement. Not to start a flame thread because I am seriously considering the RX ball from the B330-S ball.

Titleist Staff Stand Bag
Titleist ProV1x,
Bushnell Tour Z6

Has anyone with a higher than suggested swing speed tried this ball - i.e. greater than 105 driver??

My SS is barely over at 110 mph and I have tried it. I used to play the B330-S, but I did the Bridgestone ball fitting and picked up an additional 8 yards off the tee with the RX, while still maintaining my spin off the irons and around the green.

That's what I like to hear! Do you notice any difference in spin / feel with pitches / putts?

I'm not wrong. I am one of the ball techs for Bridgestone. If it was a Tour Stage ball, I'd tell you...Tour Stage makes great stuff, and it's still a Bridgestone product. But the RX is a NEW ball, and it's really good. I've only played 2 rounds with it, but you ca tell the difference.

I'm not wrong. I am one of the ball techs for Bridgestone. If it was a Tour Stage ball, I'd tell you...Tour Stage makes great stuff, and it's still a Bridgestone product. But the RX is a NEW ball, and it's really good. I've only played 2 rounds with it, but you ca tell the difference.

Yes, you are. I will defend this to death.

This is the Tourstage X-01 S3. That is a fact. The balls are identical. If you want, I'll buy you a box of S3's so you can compare side by side.

Very polite comeback. Well done.

Would you mind settling a few things by listing the compression on the old or new balls? I've seen numbers all over the place. Thanks.

Father, Wannabe Golfer, Novelist

• Ping G430 Max 9/TPT 19Hi @45.25
  • Ping G430 3 wd/TPT 19 Hi
  • Callaway Paradym 18 w/TPTGolf 18 Hi
  • Ping G430 4H & 5H w/TPTGolf Hybrid Shaft
  • Ping i230 6-PW Recoil Dart 90
  • Artisan 50, 55, 59 w/ Nippon 105 Wedge
  • Putter:  LAB Cobalt Blue DF3 w/TPT Shaft
  • Vessel Bag
  • ProV1x
  • Ping ChipR in messy or no turf conditions