2024 Wells Fargo Championship WITB Photos ×

Byron Morgan Library of Photos

Mike, glad you got the milling 'they don't do anymore' -- gorgeous looking flatstick! roll it well!

Did someone say they don't do this milling anymore?

This is the stock milling on the B-17... Maybe I'm missing something.

TaylorMade Driver
Tour Edge Exotics Fairways
Bridgestone Irons
Vokey Wedges
Byron Morgan Putter(s)
[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/951653-mikey-towns-witb/"]WITB Link[/url]

I was considering having one built maybe 2 years ago, and asked for this milling, and IIRC, was told that it would be a hand-milled thing.

Ping G430 LST 9* (set to 7.5*), 45", Fujikura Ventus TR Black 6x
Ping G430 LST 14.5* (set to 13*) Fujikura Ventus Black 7x
Ping G430 Max 18* (set to 17*) Fujikura Ventus Black 8x or Tour Edge CBX Iron-Wood 17* (Black Pearl) Fujikura Ventus HB Blue 9x
Epon AF-306 4i + Epon AF-Tour CB2 5-PW, Nippon Modus 125X
Yururi Seida Black 52*, Nippon Modus 125/Titleist Vokey SM8 58* K-Grind & 62* M-Grind DG S200
Byron Morgan long pipe neck B-17, Brushed Mystic finish, 34" or Byron Morgan long pipe neck beached 007x

I was considering having one built maybe 2 years ago, and asked for this milling, and IIRC, was told that it would be a hand-milled thing.

Oh... that makes sense.

There is only one milling option available as "stock" and that can change based on what Byron orders from the milling house.

Anything other than what comes on it from the mill would have to be hand milled... I love the fly mill, and have paid the up-charge for that one a couple times.

TaylorMade Driver
Bridgestone Irons
Vokey Wedges
Byron Morgan Putter(s)
[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/951653-mikey-towns-witb/"]WITB Link[/url]

Mike, glad you got the milling 'they don't do anymore' -- gorgeous looking flatstick! roll it well!

That’s a stock CNC milled face. That’s how it comes fresh off the mill.

Do you ask for that as a HAND milled face?

Big difference.

this is his hand mill
  • Mizuno STZ 220 Driver
  • Mizuno STX 220 3w
  • Mizuno STX 220 Hybrid
  • Mizuno Pro 225/223 Irons 
  • Mizuno T22 Copper Wedges
  • Mizuno/Timeless Putters
  • Titleist Pro V1 Ball

Oh... that makes sense.

There is only one milling option available as "stock" and that can change based on what Byron orders from the milling house.

Anything other than what comes on it from the mill would have to be hand milled... I love the fly mill, and have paid the up-charge for that one a couple times.

I’m a big Byron nut, but honestly I don’t like the looks of a majority of his hand milled faces. They look a bit sloppy in contrast of the quality of the rest of the putter head.

The exception to that is the FLY CUT. I requested a really fine fly mill on the face of my copper plated DH89. Came out amazing.

Big difference.

this is his hand mill

• Mizuno STZ 220 Driver
  • Mizuno STX 220 3w
  • Mizuno STX 220 Hybrid
  • Titleist Pro V1 Ball

Big difference.

this is his hand mill

No. This is the stock mill on the B-17’s.

EDIT: Nevermind. I see the pic you added now. That is ONE of the hand mills he offers. Not the only one. That’s the fly mill I referenced in my previous post. Love it. Sweet looking putter you have there.

Big difference.

this is his hand mill

No. This is the stock mill on the B-17’s.

thin mill? I asked Steve for thin, so guess it’s cnc stock thin, got it. Rolls terrific excellent feedback.
  • Mizuno STZ 220 Driver
  • Mizuno STX 220 3w
  • Mizuno STX 220 Hybrid
  • Titleist Pro V1 Ball

Jesus!!! Some handmilled pr0n!!!!!!!!!!!!

In a rare occasion, I actually disagree with Scotty1140. The handmilled faces I have from Byron look incredible. I actually don't like the CNC'd faces that are meant to look hand milled.

Luckily the best one I have is on my Damascus, which showcases the handmilling and the damascus.

Callaway Epic Flash SZ 7.5 - PX Hulk 65g

Callaway Epic Flash SZ 13.5 - PX Hulk 85g
PXG Hybrid 19 - GD HYB 95

Miura MC 501 - DG X100

Miura Tour 50, 54 - DG X100

Vokey 60V - PX LZ

Scotty Cameron 009 - Circle W
IG: https://www.instagram.com/pure745

In a rare occasion, I actually disagree with Scotty1140. The handmilled faces I have from Byron look incredible. I actually don't like the CNC'd faces that are meant to look hand milled.

Luckily the best one I have is on my Damascus, which showcases the handmilling and the damascus.

Im with Tai on this one. Love my handmilled faces! Mikey, seriously, that stick is amazing! You always have the best design ideas.

Im with Tai on this one. Love my handmilled faces! Mikey, seriously, that stick is amazing! You always have the best design ideas.

Hey hey hey.. the best? :WTF: :tongue: JK.. they are damn good!

Miura MC 501 - DG X100

Vokey 60V - PX LZ

Ha!

I think this is the first putter I’ve had done that doesn’t use one of Tai’s designs in it somewhere.

I’m like a good a cappella group... mostly fun arrangements of other people’s work, with a rare original that turns out OK.

TaylorMade Driver
Bridgestone Irons
Vokey Wedges
Byron Morgan Putter(s)

Ha!

I think this is the first putter I’ve had done that doesn’t use one of Tai’s designs in it somewhere.

I’m like a good a cappella group... mostly fun arrangements of other people’s work, with a rare original that turns out OK.

Except the "Taibora" (Bombora with hand milled pocket) which I believe to be the proto head to yours. ;) Then Byron started making them since they were sick and hand milling the pockets would take forever. Ever see this one? Byron is the man.. I think this was around 2010? Man.. going through my putter archives.. good memories!

2ndbyron4.jpg

taibora3.jpg

Miura MC 501 - DG X100

Vokey 60V - PX LZ

Ha!

Except the "Taibora" (Bombora with hand milled pocket) which I believe to be the proto head to yours. ;) Then Byron started making them since they were sick and hand milling the pockets would take forever. Ever see this one? Byron is the man.. I think this was around 2010? Man.. going through my putter archives.. good memories!

I remember that putter well. I asked if I could buy it from you, but you had already sold it. That’s when I had the “DaBlade” made (never should’ve sold that one... live and learn).

Can’t give you ALL the credit now that the B-17 is a stock option that isn’t named after you, though. Besides, you get plenty of love with all the order forms on the bench that include “Tai Treatment” or “Tai Dots”. :-P

I still think Club Byron missed the boat on a Tai Dye shirt... that would’ve been epic (and not in the jailbreak kinda way)!

TaylorMade Driver
Bridgestone Irons
Vokey Wedges
Byron Morgan Putter(s)

Hahah, just messing brotha! Byron is a genius when someone creative comes in that really forces him to think and get his creative juices going. I'm sure he loves doing your putters, there is a visible difference in your creations vs. some of the regular orders he does.

You still have your other two (or three?) stunners?

Miura MC 501 - DG X100

Vokey 60V - PX LZ

Hahah, just messing brotha! Byron is a genius when someone creative comes in that really forces him to think and get his creative juices going. I'm sure he loves doing your putters, there is a visible difference in your creations vs. some of the regular orders he does.

You still have your other two (or three?) stunners?

The DaBlade is gone. I was really missing having a mixed metals stick in the arsenal, which is a big reason this one came to be.

I still have both 89s, the 612 that started it all and an old John Byron EXP-11 that’s really cool. Outside of that, just a refinished Circa 62, an AOP NP2 that needs some love and a DJ Spider that I cheat on them all with sometimes. LOL

Do you still have any of your non-Damascus Byrons?

If your Damascus 89 with the plumbers neck ever becomes available, lord help me!

TaylorMade Driver
Bridgestone Irons
Vokey Wedges
Byron Morgan Putter(s)

Ha!

2ndbyron4.jpg

taibora3.jpg

All the shaping and handwork on that Bombora is amazing. Who has this putter now?? I don’t think I’ve ever seen it resurface since you legit go.

All the shaping and handwork on that Bombora is amazing. Who has this putter now?? I don't think I've ever seen it resurface since you legit go.

I can't remember who I sold it to (lots of putters in between then) I think it was someone that was a big Byron nut that was going to keep it on hand. It was 340g and the stamping wasn't "perfect" and it was driving me crazy.

Miura MC 501 - DG X100

Vokey 60V - PX LZ

94d31070940e941bbba5791393f5dfa8.jpg

Having some fun at the Copperhead course with this beauty of an HB-15

I NEED this putter in my life!

Its so awesome!

[font=verdana,geneva,sans-serif][size=3]TM M5 460 9* [/size]
[size=3]TM M1 15* (2016)[/size]
[size=3]TM GAPR Low 17*[/size][/font]
[font=verdana,geneva,sans-serif][size=3]TM P730 3-PW[/size]
[size=3]TM MG 52* SB Raw[/size]
[size=3]TM MG 58* SB Black[/size]
[size=3]Swag Handsome One Naked 35.25" [/size][/font]

All the shaping and handwork on that Bombora is amazing. Who has this putter now?? I don't think I've ever seen it resurface since you legit go.

I can't remember who I sold it to (lots of putters in between then) I think it was someone that was a big Byron nut that was going to keep it on hand. It was 340g and the stamping wasn't "perfect" and it was driving me crazy.

Haha, I hate that too. So true!

94d31070940e941bbba5791393f5dfa8.jpg

Having some fun at the Copperhead course with this beauty of an HB-15

I NEED this putter in my life!

Its so awesome!

I doubt you will find another. I think this might have been the only one in the mystic finish. All the ones i've seen for the asian market were glass blast.

Callaway Paradym Driver

Callaway Paradym 3w

Callaway Rogue 4H
Srixon ZX MKII combo 4-A
Cleveland RTX 6 54, 58
Swag Boss