2024 Wells Fargo Championship WITB Photos ×

Tiger Woods Injured in Car Crash (Threads Merged here)

butter_train

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We won't be seeing Tiger till the facial wounds have disappeared. Bad for the image. You remember what happened in the media when Daly showed up missing pieces of his face?

Titleist Tsi3 9/Tensei White 65x

Titleist Tsi2 16.5/Tensei White 75x

Titleist 818 h2 21/Tensei White 95x

Mizuno Mp-20 mb 4-Pw/Dynamic Gold 120x

Mizuno T22 50, 54, 58/Dynamic Gold s400

Bettinardi Studio Stock #8

Titleist ProV1x

[quote name='jmck' post='2093521' date='Nov 30 2009, 03:15 PM']Forgot to mention the one other thing that blows me away about this thread:
[i]
The almost total lack of Miura jokes![/i]

You know there's some serious s*** hitting the fan in Tiger's world if there's a 35+ page thread about him that only has 2 Miura jokes in it. Come on!

How about: It could've been a lot worse, but his SUV is really a Miura forging that's stamped Cadillac.[/quote]

The chrome 22" wheels on the Cadillac Bling-Wagon POS Escalade are forged by Mr. Miura himself.

Adaptive Golf.....look out for the one-armed man:

Ping G425 Max Driver, 5W, 7W....+2"

PXG 0211 hybrids, 25*, 28*, 31*….+2”

Sub70 699 8i - SW….+4”

Bobby Grace F-22 side saddle

I also found this on the internet today:

"Billy Payne of Augusta National Golf Club has announced today that they will be strategically placing fire hydrants around the golf course in anticipation of this year's Masters Tournament. He has denied that this is an attempt to try and 'Tiger Proof' the golf course and simply a matter of increased safty from wild fires."

You know everything on the internet is true!

[quote name='Tenementrock' post='2093516' date='Nov 30 2009, 03:13 PM']Seriously this is bad news for any fans of Tiger Woods the [i]golfer[/i]. Now that he's skipping this week's tourney, who knows when we will see him play golf again. Buick is no longer affiliated with the Invitational in San Diego. Maybe he'd show up because of his affinity for Torrey Pines, but who really knows. Likely he doesn't tee it up until the Match Play event which is probably late February or March. :([/quote]

Assuming he bothers teeing it up again. If I were Tiger during this situation I would tell everyone to kiss my a** and retire. :)

[quote name='EZPINCHER' post='2093474' date='Nov 30 2009, 03:00 PM']Ok...just for fun lets try to piece together what we think happened so far.
Tiger and Elin have a heated argument over the rumor of an affair Tiger is having. Tiger leaves the home in a hurry being pursued by Elin. Elin takes a golf club to Tigers get away vehicle smashing out the back window. Tiger loses control and crashes into a tree and fire hydrant. Witnesses report Tiger is incoherent after the crash. Rumor has it that the other woman is a party girl who likes to take narcotics to enhance sexual encounters. Did she get Tiger to start using drugs? Maybe he has slipped into the lifestyle and now "needs" them. It can happen pretty quickly. Cops arrive and proceed to"F" up the case so far. Tiger hides in his big money world trying to find a spin to put on the matter that will make things "perfect" again...[/quote]

When you look at everything involved in this, the above seems to be the most probable scenario. The only thing I don't believe is the Tiger becoming addicted to, or abusing narcotics. I think Tiger is smarter than that and has more self respect than that. I'm not saying it's impossible, I just don't buy it.

I do believe that he and Elin had a spat over the tabloid reports that escalated to the point where she smashed the window in the car as he was trying to leave and that caused him to crash.

I also believe that Tiger should just come out and say, "Hey, here's what happened .......". If he does that, this all goes away in a day or two and he and everyone involved can go on with their lives.

I think everyone knows Tiger is human and humans make mistakes. Making a mistake is not a problem. Hiding behind a mistake and not being honest about it is what will damage Tiger's image. I am a Tiger fan and always will be, but the way he is handling this has left a bit of a sour taste in my mouth (not that Tiger cares what I think).

It's like I always tell my kids. If you do something wrong and I confront you about it, don't lie to me. We'll have a discussion about it and that will be that. I'll be more angry and you'll be in bigger trouble if I find out you did something and lied to me saying you didn't do it.

[quote name='MrParr1Noid' post='2093358' date='Nov 30 2009, 02:02 PM']Yes, and I agree.

This damn thing is growing new legs by leaps and bounds.

I'm waiting for the real story to... E X P L O D E. . O N T O. . T H E. . S C E N E !!

Anyone think there is more?[/quote]

As I posted earlier....just wait until we hear there is a sex tape. :partytime2:

[quote name='mjtoal' post='2093552' date='Nov 30 2009, 03:28 PM'][quote name='littlepingman' post='2093539' date='Nov 30 2009, 08:23 PM'][quote name='Tenementrock' post='2093516' date='Nov 30 2009, 03:13 PM']Seriously this is bad news for any fans of Tiger Woods the [i]golfer[/i]. Now that he's skipping this week's tourney, who knows when we will see him play golf again. Buick is no longer affiliated with the Invitational in San Diego. Maybe he'd show up because of his affinity for Torrey Pines, but who really knows. Likely he doesn't tee it up until the Match Play event which is probably late February or March. :([/quote]

Assuming he bothers teeing it up again. If I were Tiger during this situation I would tell everyone to kiss my a** and retire. :)
[/quote]

That is his right, but if he does, he shouldn't blame the media. He should blame his wandering .... eye.
[/quote]

I'd love for Tiger to call it quits. We would all be spared the weekly attack and/or mindless man-love threads on various online forums which I think that would make us all live longer and more fruitful lives. :rolleyes:

[quote name='jmck' post='2093521' date='Nov 30 2009, 02:15 PM']Forgot to mention the one other thing that blows me away about this thread:
[i]

You know there's some serious s*** hitting the fan in Tiger's world if there's a 35+ page thread about him that only has 2 Miura jokes in it. Come on!

How about: It could've been a lot worse, but his SUV is really a Miura forging that's stamped Cadillac.[/quote]

I told Sobel he should have Twittered that joke. Instead he continues to take the media pitchfork route.

Tiger is saying what he can say. Elin went all Tawny Kittaen on his butt with one of his Miura forged clubs and knocked him senseless. He staggers into the caddy and she whacks the thing. He loses consciousness and nails the hydrant and tree.

I also heard this on the internet today:

"Billy Payne of Augusta National Golf Club has announced today that they will be strategically placing fire hydrants around the golf course in anticipation of this year's Masters Tournament. He has denied that this is an attempt to try and 'Tiger Proof' the golf course and has said that it is simply a safety precaution to avoid mass wild fires."

Everything on the internet is true!

[quote name='jmck' post='2093521' date='Nov 30 2009, 02:15 PM']Forgot to mention the one other thing that blows me away about this thread:
[i]

Nice LMAO

[quote name='King Kobra' post='2093571' date='Nov 30 2009, 02:35 PM']I also heard this on the internet today:

"Billy Payne of Augusta National Golf Club has announced today that they will be strategically placing fire hydrants around the golf course in anticipation of this year's Masters Tournament. He has denied that this is an attempt to try and 'Tiger Proof' the golf course and has said that it is simply a safety precaution to avoid mass wild fires."

Everything on the internet is true![/quote]

If you want to scare Tiger, just have a blonde carrying a golf club and screaming in Swedish.

[quote name='JYB' post='2093566' date='Nov 30 2009, 01:34 PM']"About the Melbourne thing... She said she was taking "clients" there. What nightclub hostess takes clients on international trips???"

Obviously not a hostess..that kind of thing reminds me of someone with a profession that begins with an "E" and ends with a "T"[/quote]
She's an endocrinolgist?

[quote name='EZPINCHER' post='2093421' date='Nov 30 2009, 02:38 PM'][quote name='littlepingman' post='2093016' date='Nov 30 2009, 10:56 AM'][quote name='Bellyhungry' post='2093003' date='Nov 30 2009, 10:53 AM'][quote name='HeadonaStick' post='2092988' date='Nov 30 2009, 10:44 AM'][quote name='jaebell' post='2092977' date='Nov 30 2009, 10:37 AM']Funny thing is if you or I cancelled on the police 3 times after crashing a car we would be in jail. Just a thought.[/quote]
Again, you and I, and Tiger Woods, are not required to speak to the police about a traffic accident. You need only provide your name, address and license along with proof of current insurance. That's it.
[/quote]

The truth is, if you and I smashed into a fire hydrant, the cops would not even bother to show up to question you, let alone coming by 3 times.
[/quote]

Exactly, if this would have happened to any of us it would never have gone beyond that night. I'm not sure why everyone thinks Tiger is getting off easier here. This is actually much worse on him than it would be on any of us.
[/quote]

Not even close guys. Not only should the police show up but they should have secured a search warrant for his blood that night. Whatever PD is involved dropped the ball and if I were a tax payer in that city I would be very displeased.
[/quote]

Are you serious? You really wanted your police to be investing this much of their time to solving a car wreck in a PRIVATE community that only took out a freaking fire hydrant? I may be crazy here, but I would think maybe they could spend in on some more important things like say murders and robberies, etc. And as for a search warrant, they weren't going to get one that night just like they aren't going to get one now. They are not going to get a judge to hand that out because they do not have probable cause.

Hi,

Also was the iron with "Condition of Competition" conforming grooves or illegal grooves?
is that "private tournament" that night regarded as amatuer or pro event under the USGA rules?
bad timing ref. groove rule change effective 1. Jan 2010
I bet she played a extra stiff X100 tipped 2 ´´ "cut" with a "high" finish and not a "draw"

Any trackman numbers or Minolta Conica Swing Vision? trackman will for sure show high "spin" numbers

Sorry just have to ask;

SJWDR

[size=3][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif][size=3][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif][size=3][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Ghost Tour Daytona 12 35´´[/font][/size][/font][/size][/font][/size]
[size=3][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]SM 5 58°/8 PX 6.5 +1´´ 1° up
SM 5 52°/8 PX 6.5 +0.75´´ 1° strong 1°up
712 MB (3-PW) PX 7.0 +0.5´´ 2° strong 1° up[/font][/size]
[size=3][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]910 H 17° (A1) Speeder 904 X 40.25´´
913 FD 13.5° (D1) Diamana White D+ 82 X 43´´
910 D3 8.5° (D1) Pro Launch Red X 45´´[/font][/size]
[size=3][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Titleist stand bag ultra lightweight, Titleist glooves, FootJoy shoes[/font][/size]
[size=3][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Lamkin Crossline Midsize for irons / wedges and Standard 58 for hybrid / woods[/font][/size]

[quote name='caller' post='2093568' date='Nov 30 2009, 04:34 PM']Hope he puts this behind and move forward soon.[/quote]

The truth has a funny way of permitting just that.

The bag:

Titleist 915 D2 driver

Titleist TS2 3 wood

Titleist 818 H1 3 & 4 hybrids

Mizuno MP-60 irons (5-PW)

Mizuno T-22 wedges

Odyssey Stroke Lab 2-ball

[quote name='JYB' post='2093566' date='Nov 30 2009, 03:34 PM']"About the Melbourne thing... [b]She said she was taking "clients" there. What nightclub hostess takes clients on international trips???"
[/b]
Obviously not a hostess..that kind of thing reminds me of someone with a profession that begins with an "E" and ends with a "T"[/quote]

they do it all the time. theres a tv show on Bravo (i think thats the channel its on) where a nightclub hostess/promoter takes clients on international trips all the time