2024 PGA Championship WITB Photos ×

Tiger Woods Injured in Car Crash (Threads Merged here)

butter_train

[quote name='rankoutsider' post='2093752' date='Nov 30 2009, 04:53 PM']I disagree, horesman. Most people are reacting to the implausibility of the narrative he is offering here, and that is what is fueling this.

I also disagree with a few other people on the DV thing. If she attacked him, he shouldn't just cover it up. It is really a mistake to try to patch things up with a psycho spouse who is going to come at you with a golf club. He needs to have her charged. I know that sounds a bit merciless, and it also runs counter to an idea we have about what it means to be a man (sort it out yourself, absorb this kind of stuff, etc.) but if she physically attacked him, she should be charged.

I know it is easy to sit in judgement like I am doing, but it is also too easy, as the victim, to believe you deserved it. If he is thinking "I did a bad thing, and she did a bad thing" he is making a huge mistake. If he diddled the cocktail waitress, that is a really stupid thing to do, and he deserves to lose his marriage over it, but he doesn't deserve to have his wife chase him around with a weapon and cause an accident that could end his career or life.

If anything like that happened, he and his handlers are making a huge mistake, unless the plan is to put a happy face on things now, live separately for a few months, then quietly divorce after that.[/quote]
beautiful post! I remeber Phil Hartman too. You make a very valid point that if she reacts like this once, there could be a good chance next time it might be worse. This really adds a new dimension to the whole thing when you think what could happen down the road.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think anyone is saying they are smarter than the police, but if someone hits a tree and then is mumbling and incoherent and you say "despite the mumbling incoherence, we had no reason to suspect he had any alcohol or drugs" then you aren't much of a police officer. Most adults know that mumbling incoherence sometimes accompanies the intake of drugs and alcohol.

I don't think Tiger was on either at the time, but there appear to have been objective reasons to check for them.

The bag:

Titleist 915 D2 driver

Titleist TS2 3 wood

Titleist 818 H1 3 & 4 hybrids

Mizuno MP-60 irons (5-PW)

Mizuno T-22 wedges

Odyssey Stroke Lab 2-ball

[quote name='rankoutsider' post='2093862' date='Nov 30 2009, 05:44 PM']I don't think anyone is saying they are smarter than the police, but if someone hits a tree and then is mumbling and incoherent and you say "despite the mumbling incoherence, we had no reason to suspect he had any alcohol or drugs" then you aren't much of a police officer. Most adults know that mumbling incoherence sometimes accompanies the intake of drugs and alcohol.

I don't think Tiger was on either at the time, but there appear to have been objective reasons to check for them.[/quote]
Also his wife saying he is on these with pill bottles in hand is a bit suspicious to the untrained eye

[quote name='TheDarkOne' post='2093855' date='Nov 30 2009, 06:41 PM'][quote name='rankoutsider' post='2093752' date='Nov 30 2009, 04:53 PM']I disagree, horesman. Most people are reacting to the implausibility of the narrative he is offering here, and that is what is fueling this.

I also disagree with a few other people on the DV thing. If she attacked him, he shouldn't just cover it up. It is really a mistake to try to patch things up with a psycho spouse who is going to come at you with a golf club. He needs to have her charged. I know that sounds a bit merciless, and it also runs counter to an idea we have about what it means to be a man (sort it out yourself, absorb this kind of stuff, etc.) but if she physically attacked him, she should be charged.

I know it is easy to sit in judgement like I am doing, but it is also too easy, as the victim, to believe you deserved it. If he is thinking "I did a bad thing, and she did a bad thing" he is making a huge mistake. If he diddled the cocktail waitress, that is a really stupid thing to do, and he deserves to lose his marriage over it, but he doesn't deserve to have his wife chase him around with a weapon and cause an accident that could end his career or life.

If anything like that happened, he and his handlers are making a huge mistake, unless the plan is to put a happy face on things now, live separately for a few months, then quietly divorce after that.[/quote]
beautiful post! I remeber Phil Hartman too. You make a very valid point that if she reacts like this once, there could be a good chance next time it might be worse. This really adds a new dimension to the whole thing when you think what could happen down the road.
[/quote]

Good call. I had forgotten about Phil Hartman. That was a tragic loss of life.

The bag:

Titleist 915 D2 driver

Titleist TS2 3 wood

Mizuno T-22 wedges

One thing is for sure, if Tiger or any male in North America had attacked his wife with a golf club or any kind of weapon, knife, rubber boots or feathers, he'd be in jail.

Speaking from Quebec Canada where the most unfair and ridiculous justice system in industrial countries is in place, and, amongst other things, a mother can abuse her kid sexually and walk away with it.

Driver : Srixon Z745 10.5* Stiff / Callaway Bertha Mini 1.5 Stiff
3W : Callaway X2 Hot Tour Stiff
5W : Adams XTD-ti 15* Stiff
3Hi : Adams XTD-ti 20* Stiff
4Hi : Adams XTD-ti 23* Stiff
Irons : 4-7 Wilson Staff FG Tour V2, 8-PW Wilson Staff FG59
50* : Wilson Staff PMP
56* : Wilson Staff PMP
Putter : Wilson Staff 8802

Balls : Wilson Staff FG Tour / Srixon Q Star Yellow

[quote name='Redman' post='2093824' date='Nov 30 2009, 05:21 PM'][quote name='joe81005' post='2093649' date='Nov 30 2009, 04:07 PM']Just a few thoughts.....

Tiger over the past month or so has not been the same Tiger... He has lost his temper more than a few times. The club tossing/throwing, acting like a spolied brat and cursing have become more intense and more frequent during this stretch. Maybe these are signs that he has not been happy. Not happy at home and/or maybe not happy that some events/behaviors have gotten out of his control that he has been able to control in the past and wasn't able to control anymore.

Another thought (that might me way out there....or could be spot on) was that he was sweating quite a bit while he was in Australia, I know it is hot there, and he sweats, but maybe he had a wild night or two and was on X the night before, from what I have read, it dehydrates the body.

These are of course speculative; nothing other than speculation. But it is interesting to think about and discuss on message boards.

None-the-less, whether you love him or hate him, one shouldn't wish ill-will on another...so best of luck to Tiger and his family.[/quote]

Hahahaha, please please please tell me you are joking about the E thing! That is the most far-fetched thing in this thread.
[/quote]

I also said that the E thing is possibly way out there....But hey, stranger things have happened. And if you are foolish enough to be Tiger Woods and have an affair in the first place, it shows that you are not thinking clearly and who knows, behind closed doors, with a party animal woman as his mistress appears to be, maybe she slipped him something. Who knows, we certainly never will.

Tigers recent actions on and off the golf course do show that he has not been thinking clearly. That's all I am saying

[quote name='rankoutsider' post='2093862' date='Nov 30 2009, 05:44 PM']I don't think anyone is saying they are smarter than the police, but if someone hits a tree and then is mumbling and incoherent and you say "despite the mumbling incoherence, we had no reason to suspect he had any alcohol or drugs" then you aren't much of a police officer. Most adults know that mumbling incoherence sometimes accompanies the intake of drugs and alcohol.

I don't think Tiger was on either at the time, but there appear to have been objective reasons to check for them.[/quote]
I don't suppose you've considered head injuries and a lack of any other symptoms of intoxication Inspector Clouseau?

[quote name='dannybsj' post='2093865' date='Nov 30 2009, 05:49 PM'][quote name='rankoutsider' post='2093862' date='Nov 30 2009, 05:44 PM']I don't think anyone is saying they are smarter than the police, but if someone hits a tree and then is mumbling and incoherent and you say "despite the mumbling incoherence, we had no reason to suspect he had any alcohol or drugs" then you aren't much of a police officer. Most adults know that mumbling incoherence sometimes accompanies the intake of drugs and alcohol.

Also his wife saying he is on these with pill bottles in hand is a bit suspicious to the untrained eye
[/quote]
Good thing there were trained eyes on the scene.

[edit:combine posts - this thread is long enough already]

[quote name='HeadonaStick' post='2093837' date='Nov 30 2009, 05:27 PM']FHP was on the scene and took over the investigation. They would have been able to request blood or other tests if they had been warranted.

I love the way so many people in this thread are better police officer than the police officers.[/quote]

You are absolutely right about the Florida Highway Patrol and it looks like they are going to get their warrant to look at his medical records based on news coming out. I'm sure it won't be hard to get a warrant for those medical records since he destroyed public property (fire hydrant) and had an accident in the right-of-way, which is of course public property as well.

That's of course assuming that the streets of Isleworth have been dedicated to the governing municipality. If they have not been dedicated and the fire hydrant and right-of-way belong to the Isleworth HOA, then he still has destroyed private property and had an accident on someone else's property making it very easy in my opinion for the Florida Highway Patrol to get a warrant for medical records, neighboring property surveillance cameras, or anything else they see fit to continue their investigation.

I would hate to see a surveillance camera video that shows Elin doing something other than what Tiger has promised she was doing.

Either way, I pay the taxes via the toll booths every time I drive on the money sucking interstate highways of Florida and as a part time tax payer I would like to see an investigation because heavens knows they would investigate me if I did it.

Not sure if this has been mentioned. In the county I work (Florida), If the house is in a private gated community then driving infractions can not be enforced. Its like driving on private property. So I am not sure they can do a DUI investigation, ask for blood, or do field sobriety tests. However I have been off road patrol for almost 5 years and not up with traffic laws.

it must be great to be Tiger's neighbor...

[url="http://www.tmz.com/2009/11/30/tiger-woods-neighborhood-isleworth-security/"]http://www.tmz.com/2009/11/30/tiger-woods-...worth-security/[/url]
Tiger Woods' Neighborhood on Lockdown
Posted Nov 30th 2009 5:19PM by TMZ Staff

Security in Tiger Woods' private community has ramped up to the point where even the people who live there are being told where they can and cannot go.

Sources tell TMZ residents are being kept away from Tiger's infamous crash site and one resident even had his camera's memory card confiscated by Isleworth security

[quote name='King Kobra' post='2093884' date='Nov 30 2009, 05:57 PM'][quote name='HeadonaStick' post='2093837' date='Nov 30 2009, 05:27 PM']FHP was on the scene and took over the investigation. They would have been able to request blood or other tests if they had been warranted.

I love the way so many people in this thread are better police officer than the police officers.[/quote]

You are absolutely right about the Florida Highway Patrol and it looks like they are going to get their warrant to look at his medical records based on news coming out. I'm sure it won't be hard to get a warrant for those medical records since he destroyed public property (fire hydrant) and had an accident in the right-of-way, which is of course public property as well.

That's of course assuming that the streets of Isleworth have been dedicated to the governing municipality. If they have not been dedicated and the fire hydrant and right-of-way belong to the Isleworth HOA, then he still has destroyed private property and had an accident on someone else's property making it very easy in my opinion for the Florida Highway Patrol to get a warrant for medical records, neighboring property surveillance cameras, or anything else they see fit to continue their investigation.

I would hate to see a surveillance camera video that shows Elin doing something other than what Tiger has promised she was doing.

Either way, I pay the taxes via the toll booths every time I drive on the money sucking interstate highways of Florida and as a part time tax payer I would like to see an investigation because heavens knows they would investigate me if I did it.
[/quote]
I don't think they are going to get a look at any blood tests. That isn't what they were requesting. And the FHP would still have to demonstrate reasonable cause for a judge to issue a warrant for any items seized by the FHP.

I also wonder if you or I would still be under investigation. I suspect (although I will never know) that you and I would simply have been issued a ticket for reckless driving and our insurance companies would be billed for the hydrant and we'd already be on our way. I just don't see the State Patrol putting this much effort into a fender bender. Whatever else is going on, to the FHP this is a trivial accident made larger by the fame of Tiger Woods.

As a full time tax payer, I'd like to see the FHP drop this, issue a ticket and move on. They have bigger issues than a crash where nobody wants to press charges and where the party can and will pay to repair any damage.

[quote name='buggyman' post='2093887' date='Nov 30 2009, 04:58 PM']Not sure if this has been mentioned. In the county I work (Florida), If the house is in a private gated community then driving infractions can not be enforced. Its like driving on private property. So I am not sure they can do a DUI investigation, ask for blood, or do field sobriety tests. However I have been off road patrol for almost 5 years and not up with traffic laws.[/quote]

WOW, I find that hard to believe. In Minnesota you can get a DUI while mowing your lawn!

Kevin

I could be wrong
I've been wrong before
I'll be wrong again

[quote name='pinhigh27' post='2093683' date='Nov 30 2009, 02:22 PM']They got into a fight, elin hit him probably, a guy in the US can't do anything to defend himself. Tiger had to leave, which is the only way a man is tolerated to handle a confrontation with a woman in the US, and when he went to leave she jacked the window with a club. Tiger turned around to look at it, then crashed.[/quote]

I agree. The only thing I would add is that she probably Niked him in the chops with a sand wedge, hence no blood on the steering wheel, and he is now trying to keep her butt out of jail.

why doesn't anyone have a normal explanation for this story? Maybe texting while driving, changing the radio, or maybe he's just tired at 2 IN THE MORNING!! Maybe he had to get something for the baby. It could have even been a mechanical malfunction.

I've said this before, the story does sound a little fishy, but it doesn't necessarily warrant these outrageous claims that the whole thing was caused by a domestic dispute. You can't just assume that Elin (a 120 pound women) starts to beat tiger with a golf club at 2 in the morning because she thinks he cheated on him. Why would they be arguing at that time anyway? What couple would risk arguing that late when they have two young children attempting to sleep? And how does a golf club not do serious damage to ones body or head. He was in and out of the hospital within a day. His symptoms were consistent with a mild concussion coupled with shock from the crash, not a 4 iron to the head.

[quote name='cschimen' post='2093901' date='Nov 30 2009, 05:09 PM']why doesn't anyone have a normal explanation for this story? Maybe texting while driving, changing the radio, or maybe he's just tired at 2 IN THE MORNING!! Maybe he had to get something for the baby. It could have even been a mechanical malfunction.

I've said this before, the story does sound a little fishy, but it doesn't necessarily warrant these outrageous claims that the whole thing was caused by a domestic dispute. You can't just assume that Elin (a 120 pound women) starts to beat tiger with a golf club at 2 in the morning because she thinks he cheated on him. [color="#FF0000"]Why would they be arguing at that time anyway? What couple would risk arguing that late when they have two young children attempting to sleep?[/color] And how does a golf club not do serious damage to ones body or head. He was in and out of the hospital within a day. His symptoms were consistent with a mild concussion coupled with shock from the crash, not a 4 iron to the head.[/quote]

you are clearly not married. that's precisely when you argue. and if your name and picture comes out in the tabloids and it says you're having an affair.....i bet your wife is pissed.

the lacerations on his lips could be consistent with claws. she beat the escalade with the club...not him.

that's what i'd do. chase is arse down the drive-way beating his ride with his prized nike....err...scotty cameron.

[quote name='imsocrabby' post='2093911' date='Nov 30 2009, 06:17 PM'][quote name='cschimen' post='2093901' date='Nov 30 2009, 05:09 PM']why doesn't anyone have a normal explanation for this story? Maybe texting while driving, changing the radio, or maybe he's just tired at 2 IN THE MORNING!! Maybe he had to get something for the baby. It could have even been a mechanical malfunction.

I've said this before, the story does sound a little fishy, but it doesn't necessarily warrant these outrageous claims that the whole thing was caused by a domestic dispute. You can't just assume that Elin (a 120 pound women) starts to beat tiger with a golf club at 2 in the morning because she thinks he cheated on him. [color="#FF0000"]Why would they be arguing at that time anyway? What couple would risk arguing that late when they have two young children attempting to sleep?[/color] And how does a golf club not do serious damage to ones body or head. He was in and out of the hospital within a day. His symptoms were consistent with a mild concussion coupled with shock from the crash, not a 4 iron to the head.[/quote]

you are clearly not married. that's precisely when you argue. and if your name and picture comes out in the tabloids and it says you're having an affair.....i bet your wife is pissed.[/quote]

You've got that right...

[quote name='imsocrabby' post='2093911' date='Nov 30 2009, 06:17 PM'][quote name='cschimen' post='2093901' date='Nov 30 2009, 05:09 PM']why doesn't anyone have a normal explanation for this story? Maybe texting while driving, changing the radio, or maybe he's just tired at 2 IN THE MORNING!! Maybe he had to get something for the baby. It could have even been a mechanical malfunction.

I've said this before, the story does sound a little fishy, but it doesn't necessarily warrant these outrageous claims that the whole thing was caused by a domestic dispute. You can't just assume that Elin (a 120 pound women) starts to beat tiger with a golf club at 2 in the morning because she thinks he cheated on him. [color="#ff0000"]Why would they be arguing at that time anyway? What couple would risk arguing that late when they have two young children attempting to sleep?[/color] And how does a golf club not do serious damage to ones body or head. He was in and out of the hospital within a day. His symptoms were consistent with a mild concussion coupled with shock from the crash, not a 4 iron to the head.[/quote]

you are clearly not married. that's precisely when you argue. and if your name and picture comes out in the tabloids and it says you're having an affair.....i bet your wife is pissed.

the lacerations on his lips could be consistent with claws. she beat the escalade with the club...not him.

that's what i'd do. chase is arse down the drive-way beating his ride with his prized nike....err...scotty cameron.
[/quote]

exactly. when i was married we had some real blowouts that lasted until the wee hours of the morning, lol.... thank God thats over :russian_roulette:

[quote name='hoganfan924' post='2093833' date='Nov 30 2009, 05:23 PM'][quote name='counselor' post='2093702' date='Nov 30 2009, 04:29 PM']While everyone is obviously curious as to what happened, it is sad that people are ready to condemn Tiger without knowing the facts. This is still America- Tiger is under no obligation to provide evidence against himself. Neither is Elin.

Initially, we are talking about a minor traffic accident. Any charges against Tiger would likely be minor motor vehicle infractions such as Careless or Reckless Driving or the trivial driving without shoes. [b]There does not appear to be any evidence of alcohol consumption, nor does there appear to be any indication that Tiger appeared to be impaired. Accordingly, there does not appear to be a basis for requesting a blood draw for determing sobriety.[/b]

If the police investigation leads them to conclude that Tiger might have been under the influence, they can seek a search warrant from a judge for his medical records. The hospital likely would have drawn blood for medical purposes, and presumably would have tested before administering treatment. There simply does not appear to be any support for this notion, however.

If the police investigation leads them to conclude that Tiger may have been the victim of domestic violence(dv), then they may try to obtain his records for the purpose of establishing the nature and cause of his injuries. It does not appear that Tiger will cooperate with the police in an investigation of his wife.

Tiger may or may not have had an affair. If he did, that is between him and his wife. The greater question is whether he was a victim of dv, and if so, whether he should pursue a prosecution of his attacker. If Tiger publicly announces that his wife assaulted him, as many are speculating, then the authorities will certainly prosecute. Ultimately, is this in the best interest of Tiger, his wife and family? Does he owe it to us, his public, to jeopardize his ability to reconcile with his wife? If Elin had not heard the rumours before Thursday, she certainly has now.

I don't know whether Tiger had an affair, and I don't know whether Elin assaulted him, believing that he had. While perhaps understandable, it would not be a valid defense. I am curious as to how many of us would publicly name our spouse as our attacker if we hoped to salvage our marriage. Tiger's reputation has been tarnished with some; perhaps, however, he has chosen to protect his wife over his reputation.[/quote]

I would think that driving over a fire hydrant, hitting a tree, being "semi-conscious" and mumbling when asked questions at 2:30am (per interview below) would be more than sufficient probable cause to request a blood draw at the hospital to check if the driver was impaired (either with alcohol or drugs).

The responding officers were Windemere Police, not FHP and they clearly were giving Tiger the benefit of the doubt [b](celebrity treatment)[/b] by their lack of action. Now the FHP, responsible for any possible criminal investigation, has to deal with the hack job by the Windemere Police (and/or the fumble of the handoff) and are stymied due to lack of evidence.

[/quote]

Thats B.S. sometimes cops just see the scene for what it really is and deal with it accordingly... such as... when I flipped my car going 100mph and there were beer bottles all over the place. they didnt bother giving me a breathalizer or anything no tickets or anything... they just let it go as stupidity since no one got hurt... I guess I got the CELEBRITY TREATMENT though...

[quote name='HeadonaStick' post='2093879' date='Nov 30 2009, 06:56 PM'][quote name='rankoutsider' post='2093862' date='Nov 30 2009, 05:44 PM']I don't think anyone is saying they are smarter than the police, but if someone hits a tree and then is mumbling and incoherent and you say "despite the mumbling incoherence, we had no reason to suspect he had any alcohol or drugs" then you aren't much of a police officer. Most adults know that mumbling incoherence sometimes accompanies the intake of drugs and alcohol.

I don't suppose you've considered head injuries and a lack of any other symptoms of intoxication Inspector Clouseau?

[quote name='dannybsj' post='2093865' date='Nov 30 2009, 05:49 PM'][quote name='rankoutsider' post='2093862' date='Nov 30 2009, 05:44 PM']I don't think anyone is saying they are smarter than the police, but if someone hits a tree and then is mumbling and incoherent and you say "despite the mumbling incoherence, we had no reason to suspect he had any alcohol or drugs" then you aren't much of a police officer. Most adults know that mumbling incoherence sometimes accompanies the intake of drugs and alcohol.

[/quote]
Good thing there were trained eyes on the scene.

[edit:combine posts - this thread is long enough already]
[/quote]

Yes, I had thought of that, and that is ONE reason that you might be incoherent. But only one. Another might be that you are on painkillers and driving a car.

And you are being Clouseau here, my friend, not realizing that hitting the tree may have caused him to be groggy and mumbling, but we still have to explain why he hit the tree.

Any police officer who knows what they are doing would want to rule out drugs and alcohol with a test. It isn't being Clouseau to do that.

The bag:

Titleist 915 D2 driver

Titleist TS2 3 wood

Mizuno T-22 wedges

[quote name='cschimen' post='2093901' date='Nov 30 2009, 06:09 PM']why doesn't anyone have a normal explanation for this story? Maybe texting while driving, changing the radio, or maybe he's just tired at 2 IN THE MORNING!! Maybe he had to get something for the baby. It could have even been a mechanical malfunction.

I've said this before, the story does sound a little fishy, but it doesn't necessarily warrant these outrageous claims that the whole thing was caused by a domestic dispute. You can't just assume that Elin (a 120 pound women) starts to beat tiger with a golf club at 2 in the morning because she thinks he cheated on him. Why would they be arguing at that time anyway? What couple would risk arguing that late when they have two young children attempting to sleep? And how does a golf club not do serious damage to ones body or head. He was in and out of the hospital within a day. His symptoms were consistent with a mild concussion coupled with shock from the crash, not a 4 iron to the head.[/quote]

I heard it was a MP-58 7 iron. Not that that matters. That woman Elin should not be allowed to club a baby Tiger !

The fact of the matter is that Tiger Woods is a spokesperson for a lot of companies and if he was just a golfer, like say Parker McLachlin, nobody would really care but, he is not just a golfer. Tiger Woods is the wealthiest athlete in the world and because of that, he is in the public spotlight.

Now, the fact that Tiger doesn't like to have his life be out in public view is fine by me as it should be fine with everyone else: his life is his life. HOWEVER, the fact that he acts like a baby on the course and sometimes acts like he is god's gift to sport probably annoys people and with his reactions to questions like, "I have no fears in life", people want to see him brought down to a human level. That's what's happening here: if Tiger acted more like a regular person during his career, this wouldn't be as big of a deal. But he hasn't. He's tried to act like a super-human (on and off the course) and that's why we all care and that's why people want him to be brought down.

[quote name='F_N' post='2093716' date='Nov 30 2009, 04:36 PM']No shoes? Where did you need to go so quickly that you forgot your shoes? Is it even possible to get into Wal-Mart for little kids Tylenol or diapers without them?[/quote]

Hehe....clearly you have never seen this website.

[url="http://www.peopleofwalmart.com/"]Walmart[/url]

Here is a little story about the "other woman".

[url="http://www.rumermills.com/2009/11/29/tiger-woods-rachel-uchitel/"]The Other Woman[/url]

[quote name='TempusFugit' post='2093869' date='Nov 30 2009, 02:52 PM']One thing is for sure, if Tiger or any male in North America had attacked his wife with a golf club or any kind of weapon, knife, rubber boots or feathers, he'd be in jail.

Speaking from Quebec Canada where the most unfair and ridiculous justice system in industrial countries is in place, and, amongst other things, a mother can abuse her kid sexually and walk away with it.[/quote]

But you can by beer in a corner store at 3 am as long as you look like you may be 16.

I miss Montreal.