2024 PGA Championship WITB Photos ×

Tiger Woods Injured in Car Crash (Threads Merged here)

butter_train

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='rbrb' post='2093583' date='Nov 30 2009, 01:40 PM'][quote name='JYB' post='2093566' date='Nov 30 2009, 01:34 PM']"About the Melbourne thing... She said she was taking "clients" there. What nightclub hostess takes clients on international trips???"

Obviously not a hostess..that kind of thing reminds me of someone with a profession that begins with an "E" and ends with a "T"[/quote]
She's an endocrinolgist?
[/quote]

I was thinking entomologist. Is it too far-fetched to assume she was taking clients on a field trip? Lots of cool bugs Down Under. :beruo:

Just a few thoughts.....

Tiger over the past month or so has not been the same Tiger... He has lost his temper more than a few times. The club tossing/throwing, acting like a spolied brat and cursing have become more intense and more frequent during this stretch. Maybe these are signs that he has not been happy. Not happy at home and/or maybe not happy that some events/behaviors have gotten out of his control that he has been able to control in the past and wasn't able to control anymore.

Another thought (that might me way out there....or could be spot on) was that he was sweating quite a bit while he was in Australia, I know it is hot there, and he sweats, but maybe he had a wild night or two and was on X the night before, from what I have read, it dehydrates the body.

These are of course speculative; nothing other than speculation. But it is interesting to think about and discuss on message boards.

None-the-less, whether you love him or hate him, one shouldn't wish ill-will on another...so best of luck to Tiger and his family.

i think most people have the scenario correct, maybe a littl eoff on his addiciton to drugs, but I would say he probably does use pain killers more than he needs to.

The one thing that I differ on, and I think is significant, is that I beleive he did admit to her he cheated and that's what set the whole tirade off. I just can't see her losing it like she did from just an on line article. I would bet she confronted him, he talked to her and tried to tell her he made a mistake, he did hang out with the girl or somehting, maybe not that he fornicated with her, but that he did something with her that sent the wife off the ledge.
I would guess thats why he is taking the blame for the whole thing because his admission most likely caused her to blow up and that is probably why he was trying to leave as he felt like he had made the mistake.

By this point, with absolutely no talk of slander suits, his want to let this whole thing end and not fighting the allegations, and by his virtual admission of guilt in his on line statement, the fact that he cheated is all but a no brainer.
if someone accused me of cheating on my wife and I hadn't, and I was in his position, the absolute first thing I would do is publicaly say that I did not have an affair and if I was going to it wouldn't be with a women who looked like Sly Stallone in a wig.

[quote name='jfzhorseman' post='2093635' date='Nov 30 2009, 09:01 PM'][quote name='JYB' post='2093602' date='Nov 30 2009, 03:48 PM']Why didn't tiger get sobriety tested? He got into a crash next to his own house at 2:30 AM. hello?[/quote]
Hello PerryMason. Hard to administer the walk in a straight line test to a man on the ground bleeding in a semi-conscious state. :black eye:
[/quote]

Indeed.

In addition to the above extract from Law Enforcement Basics Chapter 1, the fact that the authorities made a statement, early in the piece, to the effect that alcohol had been ruled out as a causation factor suggests that testing was neither forgotten about by an absent-minded State Trooper nor whitewashed by the Windermere chapter of the Men in Black.

Nike Ignite 410 10.5° Grafalloy Blue X

Nike T60 15° Fujikura Speeder 757 X

Titleist 913F 19° Mitsubishi Diamana BB 83X or Titleist 712U 2-iron 19° KBS Tour S

Titleist 712U 3-iron 22° KBS Tour S

Titleist 681 4-iron to 9-iron KBS Tour S

Titleist SM5 48.08F Raw 49° KBS Tour S

Titleist SM5 56.10M Raw 56° KBS Tour S

Ping Eye 2 Gorge L Wedge 60° KBS Tour S  &  Ping Anser 2

[quote name='rankoutsider' post='2093624' date='Nov 30 2009, 04:57 PM'][quote name='caller' post='2093568' date='Nov 30 2009, 04:34 PM']Hope he puts this behind and move forward soon.[/quote]

The truth has a funny way of permitting just that.
[/quote]

very good comment, Andy Pettite is a good example - faced the issue candidly and we forgave him for being honest and having some humility

[quote name='joe81005' post='2093649' date='Nov 30 2009, 04:07 PM']Just a few thoughts.....

Tiger over the past month or so has not been the same Tiger... He has lost his temper more than a few times. The club tossing/throwing, acting like a spolied brat and cursing have become more intense and more frequent during this stretch. Maybe these are signs that he has not been happy. Not happy at home and/or maybe not happy that some events/behaviors have gotten out of his control that he has been able to control in the past and wasn't able to control anymore.

[b]Another thought (that might me way out there....or could be spot on) was that he was sweating quite a bit while he was in Australia, I know it is hot there, and he sweats, but maybe he had a wild night or two and was on X the night before, from what I have read, it dehydrates the body.[/b]

These are of course speculative; nothing other than speculation. But it is interesting to think about and discuss on message boards.

None-the-less, whether you love him or hate him, one shouldn't wish ill-will on another...so best of luck to Tiger and his family.[/quote]

I know from first hand experience that if he was 'on X' the night before he wouldn't have been playing golf the following day, especially at a competitive level. :lol:

Ecstasy and acid both are psychosomatic drugs that don't give you your typical alcohol-type hangover. I always noticed a severe lack of coordination the following day and golf would have been out of the question.

Nothing like the rave days of the late 90's... :black eye:

[quote name='MikeC' post='2093651' date='Nov 30 2009, 01:07 PM']Looks like his sponsors haven't heard enough to jump ship yet:

[url="http://money.cnn.com/2009/11/30/news/companies/tiger_woods_sponsorships/index.htm"]http://money.cnn.com/2009/11/30/news/compa...ships/index.htm[/url][/quote]

Translation: We are unwilling to turn our backs on our biggest cash cow, and will continue milking him until the teat runs dry.

[quote name='thenation48' post='2093335' date='Nov 30 2009, 01:48 PM']is he playing this week?

any info on the pre-nup? bet elin's counsel has read it a few times recently.

I LOVE THIS STORY[/quote]

Sorry; one more. He's not playing this week and the female in question has hired Gloria Allred. Now I know for sure that no matter what happened, she's a trailer trash, celebrity blood sucking headline (you fill in the noun)!

They got into a fight, elin hit him probably, a guy in the US can't do anything to defend himself. Tiger had to leave, which is the only way a man is tolerated to handle a confrontation with a woman in the US, and when he went to leave she jacked the window with a club. Tiger turned around to look at it, then crashed.

[quote name='cAsE sEnSiTiVe ' post='2093678' date='Nov 30 2009, 03:19 PM'][quote name='MikeC' post='2093651' date='Nov 30 2009, 01:07 PM']Looks like his sponsors haven't heard enough to jump ship yet:

[url="http://money.cnn.com/2009/11/30/news/companies/tiger_woods_sponsorships/index.htm"]http://money.cnn.com/2009/11/30/news/compa...ships/index.htm[/url][/quote]

Translation: We are unwilling to turn our backs on our biggest cash cow, and will continue milking him until the teat runs dry.
[/quote]

... or maybe it's because they need him more than he needs them. If everybody drops him, I think he would land on his feet and be able to pay the light bill for awhile... :lol:

Kevin

I could be wrong
I've been wrong before
I'll be wrong again

[quote name='fatmouse' post='2093660' date='Nov 30 2009, 04:12 PM'][quote name='rankoutsider' post='2093624' date='Nov 30 2009, 04:57 PM'][quote name='caller' post='2093568' date='Nov 30 2009, 04:34 PM']Hope he puts this behind and move forward soon.[/quote]

The truth has a funny way of permitting just that.
[/quote]

very good comment, Andy Pettite is a good example - faced the issue candidly and we forgave him for being honest and having some humility
[/quote]
Truth is, half the people on this forum wouldn't believe Tiger no matter what he said happened. There was a media relations (control) expert on the morning news programs. He stated that in a celebrity media crisis,You prioritize in this order: Health, Family,Legal, Business. Tiger will recover physically. If he wants to keep his family intact,admitting to an affair only embarrasses him, his wife and children, and degrades his marketing value. He is in no legal jeopardy by remaining silent and thus protecting his wife. If the hypotheical mistress has been contractually paid off and her defense team hired, he should make this so boring that it will lose appeal in the next news cycle.

While everyone is obviously curious as to what happened, it is sad that people are ready to condemn Tiger without knowing the facts. This is still America- Tiger is under no obligation to provide evidence against himself. Neither is Elin.

Initially, we are talking about a minor traffic accident. Any charges against Tiger would likely be minor motor vehicle infractions such as Careless or Reckless Driving or the trivial driving without shoes. There does not appear to be any evidence of alcohol consumption, nor does there appear to be any indication that Tiger appeared to be impaired. Accordingly, there does not appear to be a basis for requesting a blood draw for determing sobriety.

If the police investigation leads them to conclude that Tiger might have been under the influence, they can seek a search warrant from a judge for his medical records. The hospital likely would have drawn blood for medical purposes, and presumably would have tested before administering treatment. There simply does not appear to be any support for this notion, however.

If the police investigation leads them to conclude that Tiger may have been the victim of domestic violence(dv), then they may try to obtain his records for the purpose of establishing the nature and cause of his injuries. It does not appear that Tiger will cooperate with the police in an investigation of his wife.

Tiger may or may not have had an affair. If he did, that is between him and his wife. The greater question is whether he was a victim of dv, and if so, whether he should pursue a prosecution of his attacker. If Tiger publicly announces that his wife assaulted him, as many are speculating, then the authorities will certainly prosecute. Ultimately, is this in the best interest of Tiger, his wife and family? Does he owe it to us, his public, to jeopardize his ability to reconcile with his wife? If Elin had not heard the rumours before Thursday, she certainly has now.

I don't know whether Tiger had an affair, and I don't know whether Elin assaulted him, believing that he had. While perhaps understandable, it would not be a valid defense. I am curious as to how many of us would publicly name our spouse as our attacker if we hoped to salvage our marriage. Tiger's reputation has been tarnished with some; perhaps, however, he has chosen to protect his wife over his reputation.

[quote name='TheDarkOne' post='2093652' date='Nov 30 2009, 04:08 PM']....if someone accused me of cheating on my wife and I hadn't, and I was in his position, the absolute first thing I would do is publicaly say that I did not have an affair and if I was going to it wouldn't be with a women who looked like Sly Stallone in a wig.[/quote]

Just because some people don't go the route you think you are going to choose, does not mean that they are guilty - as projected onto them by your way of thinking.

For example, some people just choose not to dignify rumors and wrongful allegations. And some people just know that no matter what they say, people already made up their minds, so what is the point?

In the case of TW. He has always guarded his privacy more than other celebs. So it should not surprise anyone that this is the M.O. he has choosen.

[quote name='pinhigh27' post='2093683' date='Nov 30 2009, 05:22 PM']They got into a fight, elin hit him probably, a guy in the US can't do anything to defend himself. Tiger had to leave, which is the only way a man is tolerated to handle a confrontation with a woman in the US, and when he went to leave she jacked the window with a club. Tiger turned around to look at it, then crashed.[/quote]

That's the way I see it.

[quote name='counselor' post='2093702' date='Nov 30 2009, 04:29 PM']While everyone is obviously curious as to what happened, it is sad that people are ready to condemn Tiger without knowing the facts. This is still America- Tiger is under no obligation to provide evidence against himself. Neither is Elin.

Initially, we are talking about a minor traffic accident. Any charges against Tiger would likely be minor motor vehicle infractions such as Careless or Reckless Driving or the trivial driving without shoes. There does not appear to be any evidence of alcohol consumption, nor does there appear to be any indication that Tiger appeared to be impaired. Accordingly, there does not appear to be a basis for requesting a blood draw for determing sobriety.

If the police investigation leads them to conclude that Tiger might have been under the influence, they can seek a search warrant from a judge for his medical records. The hospital likely would have drawn blood for medical purposes, and presumably would have tested before administering treatment. There simply does not appear to be any support for this notion, however.

If the police investigation leads them to conclude that Tiger may have been the victim of domestic violence(dv), then they may try to obtain his records for the purpose of establishing the nature and cause of his injuries. It does not appear that Tiger will cooperate with the police in an investigation of his wife.

Tiger may or may not have had an affair. If he did, that is between him and his wife. The greater question is whether he was a victim of dv, and if so, whether he should pursue a prosecution of his attacker. If Tiger publicly announces that his wife assaulted him, as many are speculating, then the authorities will certainly prosecute. Ultimately, is this in the best interest of Tiger, his wife and family? Does he owe it to us, his public, to jeopardize his ability to reconcile with his wife? If Elin had not heard the rumours before Thursday, she certainly has now.

I don't know whether Tiger had an affair, and I don't know whether Elin assaulted him, believing that he had. While perhaps understandable, it would not be a valid defense. I am curious as to how many of us would publicly name our spouse as our attacker if we hoped to salvage our marriage. Tiger's reputation has been tarnished with some; perhaps, however, he has chosen to protect his wife over his reputation.[/quote]

Excellent post. Probably the best one in this epic thread.

[quote name='kevcarter ' post='2093684' date='Nov 30 2009, 04:22 PM'][quote name='cAsE sEnSiTiVe ' post='2093678' date='Nov 30 2009, 03:19 PM'][quote name='MikeC' post='2093651' date='Nov 30 2009, 01:07 PM']Looks like his sponsors haven't heard enough to jump ship yet:

[/quote]

... or maybe it's because they need him more than he needs them. If everybody drops him, I think he would land on his feet and be able to pay the light bill for awhile... :lol:

Kevin
[/quote]

This.

If Nike drops Tiger how far do you think their sales will slump? Without Tiger there is no Nike Golf.

[url="http://www.tmz.com/2009/11/30/tiger-woods-accident-eye-witness-account-elin-nordegren/"]http://www.tmz.com/2009/11/30/tiger-woods-...elin-nordegren/[/url]

Granted this is from TMZ and it is eye witness testimony (which is iffy), but it is still worth considering.

[quote]TMZ now has an eyewitness account of what happened immediately following Tiger Woods' car accident.

According to a witness, Tiger had a cut on his lower lip when emergency responders and witnesses arrived. The wound was bloody.

Tiger was wearing shorts, a t-shirt and [b]no shoes[/b].[/quote]

No shoes? Where did you need to go so quickly that you forgot your shoes? Is it even possible to get into Wal-Mart for little kids Tylenol or diapers without them?

[quote name='owaisdurrani' post='2093713' date='Nov 30 2009, 04:35 PM']I think Tiger handling this with privacy as his number one concern might not be the way to deal with this situation. Right now his reputation is dropping by the hour and he needs to say the truth which is exactly what pinhigh27 said.[/quote]

Tiger will be fine. Americans have the attention span of a 18-month old. Won't take long for the next big thing to distract the media attention and this story will fade away. It happens with every big story in this country. Unfortunately for Tiger, this happened on a very slow news weekend.

[quote name='F_N' post='2093716' date='Nov 30 2009, 04:36 PM'][url="http://www.tmz.com/2009/11/30/tiger-woods-accident-eye-witness-account-elin-nordegren/"]http://www.tmz.com/2009/11/30/tiger-woods-...elin-nordegren/[/url]

Granted this is from TMZ and it is eye witness testimony (which is iffy), but it is still worth considering.

[quote]TMZ now has an eyewitness account of what happened immediately following Tiger Woods' car accident.

According to a witness, Tiger had a cut on his lower lip when emergency responders and witnesses arrived. The wound was bloody.

Tiger was wearing shorts, a t-shirt and [b]no shoes[/b].[/quote]

No shoes? Where did you need to go so quickly that you forgot your shoes? Is it even possible to get into Wal-Mart for little kids Tylenol or diapers without them?
[/quote]
In Florida? Probably.

[quote name='littlepingman' post='2093668' date='Nov 30 2009, 04:15 PM'][quote name='joe81005' post='2093649' date='Nov 30 2009, 04:07 PM']Just a few thoughts.....

[b]Another thought (that might me way out there....or could be spot on) was that he was sweating quite a bit while he was in Australia, I know it is hot there, and he sweats, but maybe he had a wild night or two and was on X the night before, from what I have read, it dehydrates the body.[/b]

None-the-less, whether you love him or hate him, one shouldn't wish ill-will on another...so best of luck to Tiger and his family.[/quote]

I know from first hand experience that if he was 'on X' the night before he wouldn't have been playing golf the following day, especially at a competitive level. :lol:

Ecstasy and acid both are psychosomatic drugs that don't give you your typical alcohol-type hangover. I always noticed a severe lack of coordination the following day and golf would have been out of the question.

Nothing like the rave days of the late 90's... :black eye:
[/quote]

He was there the whole weak, could have happened any of the nights prior to the actual tournament. Even if it was during the tournament...It didn't look like he was to coordinated on Saturday :cheesy:

[quote name='Bellyhungry' post='2093703' date='Nov 30 2009, 04:29 PM'][quote name='TheDarkOne' post='2093652' date='Nov 30 2009, 04:08 PM']....if someone accused me of cheating on my wife and I hadn't, and I was in his position, the absolute first thing I would do is publicaly say that I did not have an affair and if I was going to it wouldn't be with a women who looked like Sly Stallone in a wig.[/quote]

Just because some people don't go the route you think you are going to choose, does not mean that they are guilty - as projected onto them by your way of thinking.

For example, some people just choose not to dignify rumors and wrongful allegations. And some people just know that no matter what they say, people already made up their minds, so what is the point?

In the case of TW. He has always guarded his privacy more than other celebs. So it should not surprise anyone that this is the M.O. he has choosen.
[/quote]
Exactly his point, if he wanted to maintain that privacy and nothing actually happened he would be screaming it from rooftops. The way he has handled it shows he is willing to risk said privacy to protect something. In other words this is a sh*tstorm that could have easily been dealt with had he not had something to hide and we know he isn't dragging it out for the attention ;)

[quote name='dannybsj' post='2093727' date='Nov 30 2009, 04:44 PM'][quote name='Bellyhungry' post='2093703' date='Nov 30 2009, 04:29 PM'][quote name='TheDarkOne' post='2093652' date='Nov 30 2009, 04:08 PM']....if someone accused me of cheating on my wife and I hadn't, and I was in his position, the absolute first thing I would do is publicaly say that I did not have an affair and if I was going to it wouldn't be with a women who looked like Sly Stallone in a wig.[/quote]

[/quote]
Exactly his point, if he wanted to maintain that privacy and nothing actually happened he would be screaming it from rooftops. The way he has handled it shows he is willing to risk said privacy to protect something. In other words this is a sh*tstorm that could have easily been dealt with had he not had something to hide and we know he isn't dragging it out for the attention ;)
[/quote]
Isn't screaming anything from the rooftops the exact opposite of privacy?