Tiger Woods Injured in Car Crash (Threads Merged here)

butter_train

[quote name='bscinstnct' post='2092436' date='Nov 29 2009, 07:54 PM'][b]Tomorrow morning, Tiger will wake up.[/b]

[b]He will have $1,000,000,000.00.[/b]

[b]And will still be the greatest golfer ever play the game.[/b]

[i][b]What will you be doing...[/b][/i]?[/quote]

Boy do you have this wrong:

Tiger is worth $1,000,000,000.00 [b]/ 2[/b]

Last I looked some guy named Jack still has more majors and more wins on the tour. Not to mention old Sam Snead. When Tigers career is all done he likely will be the greatest ever, but he is not there yet.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Bellyhungry' post='2093003' date='Nov 30 2009, 10:53 AM'][quote name='HeadonaStick' post='2092988' date='Nov 30 2009, 10:44 AM'][quote name='jaebell' post='2092977' date='Nov 30 2009, 10:37 AM']Funny thing is if you or I cancelled on the police 3 times after crashing a car we would be in jail. Just a thought.[/quote]
Again, you and I, and Tiger Woods, are not required to speak to the police about a traffic accident. You need only provide your name, address and license along with proof of current insurance. That's it.
[/quote]

The truth is, if you and I smashed into a fire hydrant, the cops would not even bother to show up to question you, let alone coming by 3 times.
[/quote]

[size=3]I respectfully disagree. If you ran over a fire hydrant, wound up out side your car unconscious, and your neighbor called the police I suspect they would in fact show up. [/size]

[size=3]I also disagree on how many times they would show up afterward. If you told them you would cooperate with a voluntary investigation, and then kept rescheduling it everyday they would most likely come back each day taking you at your word. [/size]

[quote name='2bGood' post='2093021' date='Nov 30 2009, 09:59 AM'][quote name='bscinstnct' post='2092436' date='Nov 29 2009, 07:54 PM'][b]Tomorrow morning, Tiger will wake up.[/b]

[b]He will have $1,000,000,000.00.[/b]

[b]And will still be the greatest golfer ever play the game.[/b]

[i][b]What will you be doing...[/b][/i]?[/quote]

Boy do you have this wrong:

Tiger is worth $1,000,000,000.00 [b]/ 2[/b]

Last I looked some guy named Jack still has more majors and more wins on the tour. Not to mention old Sam Snead. When Tigers career is all done he likely will be the greatest ever, but he is not there yet.
[/quote]

and the point?

[quote name='TheDarkOne' post='2093024' date='Nov 30 2009, 11:00 AM'][quote name='Bellyhungry' post='2093003' date='Nov 30 2009, 10:53 AM'][quote name='HeadonaStick' post='2092988' date='Nov 30 2009, 10:44 AM'][quote name='jaebell' post='2092977' date='Nov 30 2009, 10:37 AM']Funny thing is if you or I cancelled on the police 3 times after crashing a car we would be in jail. Just a thought.[/quote]
Again, you and I, and Tiger Woods, are not required to speak to the police about a traffic accident. You need only provide your name, address and license along with proof of current insurance. That's it.
[/quote]

The truth is, if you and I smashed into a fire hydrant, the cops would not even bother to show up to question you, let alone coming by 3 times.
[/quote]

[size=3]I respectfully disagree. If you ran over a fire hydrant, wound up out side your car unconscious, and your neighbor called the police I suspect they would in fact show up. [/size]

[size=3]I also disagree on how many times they would show up afterward. If you told them you would cooperate with a voluntary investigation, and then kept rescheduling it everyday they would most likely come back each day taking you at your word. [/size]
[/quote]

Two years ago my brother was involved in an accident in which he somehow lost consciousness behind the wheel. No alcohol was involved. He went across two lanes of traffic and crashed into a car dealership and caused significant damage to three new vehicles sitting on their lot. He was taken to the hospital where he stayed for two days with a broken arm and a concussion. The police never questioned him and he was never ticketed. No one knows how or why he lost consciousness and the police never followed up on the case at all. In fact after he was released from the hospital he never heard another word about the incident. I bet if it would have happened to Tiger Woods that wouldn't have been the case.

"i am no domestic violence expert....but for the po-po to charge Elin with DV...wouldn't TW have to say it occurred?"

No, absolutely not. Assualt is a crime regardless if the victim cooperates or not. Harder to prove absolutely, but by no means is his cooperation essential to brign charges. Again the odds of a conviction are much smaller but not unheard of, especially in DV cases. It's very common in fact for the couple to reconcile after one of them has been hauled away for a night in the iron bar hotel, unfortuantely by that time it's to late.
Odds are the reason Woods played the stalling game with the police, notice he never personally talked to them, was so he wounds would heal and not give them justification to bring up charges. Thsi si why they are now tryign to get a warrant to investigate the medical records at the Hospital to see if the wounds were in fact consistant with a car wreck. I beleive they are suspicous as no damage was done to the steering wheel, there is no blood in the vechile, and it's a little strange for someone to have lascerations in his cirumstance.

[quote name='imsocrabby' post='2093019' date='Nov 30 2009, 10:58 AM'][quote name='littlepingman' post='2093016' date='Nov 30 2009, 09:56 AM'][quote name='Bellyhungry' post='2093003' date='Nov 30 2009, 10:53 AM'][quote name='HeadonaStick' post='2092988' date='Nov 30 2009, 10:44 AM'][quote name='jaebell' post='2092977' date='Nov 30 2009, 10:37 AM']Funny thing is if you or I cancelled on the police 3 times after crashing a car we would be in jail. Just a thought.[/quote]
[/quote]

[/quote]

Exactly, if this would have happened to any of us it would never have gone beyond that night. I'm not sure why everyone thinks Tiger is getting off easier here. This is actually much worse on him than it would be on any of us.
[/quote]

+1 totally agree.

i am no domestic violence expert....but for the po-po to charge Elin with DV...wouldn't TW have to say it occurred?

that.will.NEVER.HAPPEN.
[/quote]

If the police were convinced that an act of DV occurred when they arrived they are actually required to make at least one arrest. It isn't so clear cut after the fact like this - even if they find that there is evidence of DV they may or may not file charges. In any case, if the partners are unwilling to cooperate the case will never see prosecution. Not only would a prosecutor have to prove the injuries were the result of an assault, he/she would have to prove who actually assaulted Tiger. Without either of them testifying, that is usually tougher than it sounds.

This is from the Florida statutes and constitution regarding domestic violence. This could explain why FHP is looking to see if the cause of TW's injuries were related to the accident. It was originally stated that there was no blood in the car or on the steering wheel only on TW. It [u][i]could[/i][/u] also explain why TW has said this is his 100% his fault and that Elin had nothing to do with it.

"3) Whenever a law enforcement officer determines upon probable cause that an act of domestic violence has been committed within the jurisdiction the officer may arrest the person or persons suspected of its commission and charge such person or persons with the appropriate crime. The decision to arrest and charge shall not require consent of the victim or consideration of the relationship of the parties."

Just as a point of interest, the UK press have picked up on the story and one newspaper - actually a real newspaper as opposed to a comic - are quoting yet another anonymous 'friend' who has gone on-record saying that Woods telephoned him (or her) in the aftermath of the accident and revealed that what happened is pretty much what everyone is thinking happened.

Let's face it, it's the first thing I'd do after my mate called me to tell me the story is get on the blower to a newspaper, so the lad (or lass) in question can't really be blamed for spilling the beans.

It's nothing too surprising, but it illustrates that Woods' brief, ambiguous statement and subsequent silence aren't the best way to go - at least when it comes to quelling rumours.

Nike Ignite 410 10.5° Grafalloy Blue X

Nike T60 15° Fujikura Speeder 757 X

Titleist 913F 19° Mitsubishi Diamana BB 83X or Titleist 712U 2-iron 19° KBS Tour S

Titleist 712U 3-iron 22° KBS Tour S

Titleist 681 4-iron to 9-iron KBS Tour S

Titleist SM5 48.08F Raw 49° KBS Tour S

Titleist SM5 56.10M Raw 56° KBS Tour S

Ping Eye 2 Gorge L Wedge 60° KBS Tour S  &  Ping Anser 2

[quote name='Tighthead' post='2092933' date='Nov 30 2009, 09:17 AM'][quote name='MrParr1Noid' post='2092627' date='Nov 29 2009, 10:01 PM'][quote name='Tighthead' post='2092558' date='Nov 29 2009, 11:00 PM']How do you know he has a billion dollars?[/quote]

[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/index.php?s=&showtopic=304147&view=findpost&p=1981767"]http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/index.php?s=...t&p=1981767[/url]

And just about every newspaper, radio, and television sports news, and business news sources. :good:
[/quote]

[quote name='MrParr1Noid' post='2092688' date='Nov 29 2009, 11:32 PM'][quote name='OnOff' post='2092677' date='Nov 30 2009, 01:08 AM'][quote name='MrParr1Noid' post='2092627' date='Nov 29 2009, 10:01 PM'][quote name='Tighthead' post='2092558' date='Nov 29 2009, 11:00 PM']How do you know he has a billion dollars?[/quote]

[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/index.php?s=&showtopic=304147&view=findpost&p=1981767"]http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/index.php?s=...t&p=1981767[/url]

And just about every newspaper, radio, and television sports news, and business news sources. :good:

[/quote]

Come on now, how does that prove that Tiger has a billion dollars? That's earned income, he pays taxes, so kiss $300,000,000+ goodbye right there. How do we know how well he has done with his money? You think that when the world economy shrinks Tiger doesn't lose money? I can tell you he is losing big time on the capital he invested in Dubai.
[/quote]

I didn't say it proved anything, I was showing where it was reported, and who reported it. :lol:
[/quote]

That says he has earned $1 billion.

I asked for a source that he has $1 billion.
[/quote]

David Letterman :rolleyes:

Miura PP-9003 PW-6 iron w/SmacWrap 780 F3

Taylormade Stealth 10.5* w/KBS TD 50 Oh, and Ventus Red "made for"

Taylormade SIM 2  21 degree w/Ventus Blue

Taylormade Stealth Rescue 22* w/Ventus Blue

Callaway X-Tour raw - 52 w/DG steel

Taylormade MYMG 3 - 56 w/KBS C-Taper Lite 

Dave Whitlam Anser 

I have monitored this thread since it started and 33 pages in I can't believe no one has said this yet:

"Tiger Might be In Trouble: Seeing some things I don't like"

WITB:
Driver: Ping G400 LST 8.5* Kuro Kage Silver TINI 70s
FW: Ping G25 4 wood Kuro Kage Silver TINI 80s
Utility: 20* King Forged Utility One Length C Taper Lite S
Irons: King Forged One Length 4-PW C Taper Lite S
Wedges: Cleveland 588 RTX 2.0 Black Satin 50, 54, 58
Putter: Custom Directed Force Reno 2.0 48" 80* Lie Side Saddle

thanks for the update on the DV issue.

i'm on the side of 'nothing will come of it'. the internal scars of alleged nightclub hostess girlfriend will be more detrimental to the Woods clan....imo.

the Kobe Special sounds plausible to me. i believe the 'Zales' comment was 'tongue-in-cheek'.....and i totally believe he used the words 'went ghetto'.

[quote name='Borthwick' post='2093083' date='Nov 30 2009, 11:36 AM']The only resentment of Tiger Woods I have seen resides on the internet, perpetuated by internet basement dwellers.[/quote]

Maybe the people who made him a billionaire feel like they deserve some kind of explanation?

Maybe men who have actually been physically abused by their wives see a perfect opportunity for the most recognized figure in sports to step up to the plate and show that women CAN actually abuse men?

TMZ and the FHP will get to the bottom of this.

From Fox news...No warrant

"The Florida Highway Patrol says it is not seeking a search warrant in the Tiger Woods car crash case.

This statement contradicts what celebrity Web site TMZ earlier reported. The Web site claims authorities in Florida are trying to obtain a search warrant to enable them to seize medical records from the hospital that treated Tiger Woods, TMZ reported.

"We don't need a warrant to get records, that is incorrect," said Florida Highway Patrol Chief of Public Affairs Capt. Mark Welch."

Driver- Cally Mavrik SZ 9*, Fujikura Ventus Black, S
3wd- Cally Flash SZ, UST ATTAS Elements, S
Hybrids- Cally Flash 18* & Apex Pro 24* Matrix HM3 95 Black Tie, S
Irons- TM 790 4-6,  TM 760 6-PW,  Steelfiber i95, S
GW- TM  770, Modus 105 S
SW/LW- Cally MD3, Modus 105 S
Putter- Cameron Futura

See, the one time Stevies not around Tiger gets his butt wooped by a skinny blond chick.

I can't really imagine Tiger as a battered husband, or being a victim of DV in this case...even if Elin chased him out of the house brandishing a 7 iron and busted out the cars back window.

It's much more likely that it was just a heated argument, and a flaming mad Tiger (Tiger gets that way sometimes) just got in the car and hot-rodded it out of control. After the crash Elin came running to help, and they probably kissed and made up...just as normal people do.

Now if she had taken a couple of shots at him...

[i]TMZ has learned the home of Tiger and wife [b]Elin Nordegren[/b] is fully loaded with security cameras and we're told at least one of the cameras show Tiger's exit from the house. We know the FHP wants the video.

As we first reported, the FHP wants a search warrant for Tiger's medical records. They also want the video -- the question, even if the FHP gets a warrant for the video ... what, if any, footage exists at this point?

Then again, it's possible Tiger would willingly fork over the video. Or maybe not

[/i]Im guessing those tapes were destroyed?

How do you think this will play out? I mean could this incident be the begining of the end for Tiger?
#1 He has more money than Trump.
#2 His wife could go after 1/2 of this and the whole "pure life" thing could blow up.
#3 This may be the begining of Tiger living the life of Di- Papparazzi extrodinaire.
Although I have been a Tiger fan since he whipped Kucher in the US Ams, I still revere Jack's record.
Is Big Jack's record safe????
Will Tiger get S*&T from the same fans he brought to the game????
Did Elin check the wind before she pulled out a 5 iron??

Tinuke
913 d-3 980F (17)
J33B 3-P
Gearhart 52
T.P. Mills SS Softail wide flange mini
Hogan Special SI

[quote name='Golffabrik' post='2093096' date='Nov 30 2009, 11:43 AM']See, the one time Stevies not around Tiger gets his butt wooped by a skinny blond chick.

I can't really imagine Tiger as a battered husband, or being a victim of DV in this case...even if Elin chased him out of the house brandishing a 7 iron and busted out the cars back window.

It's much more likely that it was just a heated argument, and a flaming mad Tiger (Tiger gets that way sometimes) just got in the car and hot-rodded it out of control. After the crash Elin came running to help, and they probably kissed and made up...just as normal people do.

Now if she had taken a couple of shots at him...[/quote]
Nobody is pressing charges, or filing for damages. It is their business. It's their life. In the real world, perfect does not exist. Ask anyone, ask yourself.

[quote name='wagsgt' post='2093097' date='Nov 30 2009, 11:43 AM'][i]TMZ has learned the home of Tiger and wife [b]Elin Nordegren[/b] is fully loaded with security cameras and we're told at least one of the cameras show Tiger's exit from the house. We know the FHP wants the video.

As we first reported, the FHP wants a search warrant for Tiger's medical records. They also want the video -- the question, even if the FHP gets a warrant for the video ... what, if any, footage exists at this point?

Then again, it's possible Tiger would willingly fork over the video. Or maybe not

[/i]Im guessing those tapes were destroyed?[/quote]

With the value of that house, I'm quite sure the system would be digital. If the file got erased, the FHP could issue a warrant for the hard drive to try and recover any images deleted. If the drive somehow got formatted or destroyed, then that should be construed as hindering an ongoing investigation. And from there...

For the sake of just ending this whole thing, just come out and say what happened (if they haven't already) and provide any supporting information to verify the story. That's all. And if the story isn't so pretty, admit to it and get on with your lives. The resulting "hit" to the rep. would be minor, and recoverable based on a penitent family. And...if the story line remains that this "is a personal matter and no one elses' business", that may fly for ordinary Mr. and Mrs. John Q. Public, but not for a "personality." Is that fair? No. Is that the way it is? Yes.

As I've said before, I'm not a big fan of the guy. I'm certainly not a supporter of infidelity on either side of the bed. Who knows it it even got that far; IF IT'S TRUE AT ALL! But I favor truth, coming clean, accepting the consequences, and going forward. That's something that anyone can do.

This is my last post on the subject, but I'll keep reading... :deadhorse: