2024 PGA Championship WITB Photos ×

Tiger Woods Injured in Car Crash (Threads Merged here)

butter_train

[quote]Initially, we are talking about a minor traffic accident. Any charges against Tiger would likely be minor motor vehicle infractions such as Careless or Reckless Driving or the trivial driving without shoes. There does not appear to be any evidence of alcohol consumption, nor does there appear to be any indication that Tiger appeared to be impaired. Accordingly, there does not appear to be a basis for requesting a blood draw for determing sobriety.[/quote]

Add to the list of possible crimes, not wearing a seat belt. This is really building. Pretty soon the conspiracy theorists will chime in... :lol:

Kevin

I could be wrong
I've been wrong before
I'll be wrong again

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='counselor' post='2093702' date='Nov 30 2009, 04:29 PM']While everyone is obviously curious as to what happened, it is sad that people are ready to condemn Tiger without knowing the facts. This is still America- Tiger is under no obligation to provide evidence against himself. Neither is Elin.

Initially, we are talking about a minor traffic accident. Any charges against Tiger would likely be minor motor vehicle infractions such as Careless or Reckless Driving or the trivial driving without shoes. There does not appear to be any evidence of alcohol consumption, nor does there appear to be any indication that Tiger appeared to be impaired. Accordingly, there does not appear to be a basis for requesting a blood draw for determing sobriety.

If the police investigation leads them to conclude that Tiger might have been under the influence, they can seek a search warrant from a judge for his medical records. The hospital likely would have drawn blood for medical purposes, and presumably would have tested before administering treatment. There simply does not appear to be any support for this notion, however.

If the police investigation leads them to conclude that Tiger may have been the victim of domestic violence(dv), then they may try to obtain his records for the purpose of establishing the nature and cause of his injuries. It does not appear that Tiger will cooperate with the police in an investigation of his wife.

Tiger may or may not have had an affair. If he did, that is between him and his wife. The greater question is whether he was a victim of dv, and if so, whether he should pursue a prosecution of his attacker. If Tiger publicly announces that his wife assaulted him, as many are speculating, then the authorities will certainly prosecute. Ultimately, is this in the best interest of Tiger, his wife and family? Does he owe it to us, his public, to jeopardize his ability to reconcile with his wife? If Elin had not heard the rumours before Thursday, she certainly has now.

I don't know whether Tiger had an affair, and I don't know whether Elin assaulted him, believing that he had. While perhaps understandable, it would not be a valid defense. I am curious as to how many of us would publicly name our spouse as our attacker if we hoped to salvage our marriage. Tiger's reputation has been tarnished with some; perhaps, however, he has chosen to protect his wife over his reputation.[/quote]
Uh, what are his other options? Admit to the affair and jeopardize his reputation? Admit to the affair and announce a separation from Elin? Again, his reputation is tarnished. Deny the affair - possibly committing perjury - and opening up a can of worms by admitting he knows Rachel?

I'd say he covered his butt. But there are going to be a lot of skeptical golf fans in 2010.

Unseen, in the background, Fate was quietly slipping the lead into the boxing-glove.  P.G. Wodehouse

[quote name='HeadonaStick' post='2093734' date='Nov 30 2009, 04:47 PM'][quote name='dannybsj' post='2093727' date='Nov 30 2009, 04:44 PM'][quote name='Bellyhungry' post='2093703' date='Nov 30 2009, 04:29 PM'][quote name='TheDarkOne' post='2093652' date='Nov 30 2009, 04:08 PM']....if someone accused me of cheating on my wife and I hadn't, and I was in his position, the absolute first thing I would do is publicaly say that I did not have an affair and if I was going to it wouldn't be with a women who looked like Sly Stallone in a wig.[/quote]

Just because some people don't go the route you think you are going to choose, does not mean that they are guilty - as projected onto them by your way of thinking.

For example, some people just choose not to dignify rumors and wrongful allegations. And some people just know that no matter what they say, people already made up their minds, so what is the point?

In the case of TW. He has always guarded his privacy more than other celebs. So it should not surprise anyone that this is the M.O. he has choosen.
[/quote]
Exactly his point, if he wanted to maintain that privacy and nothing actually happened he would be screaming it from rooftops. The way he has handled it shows he is willing to risk said privacy to protect something. In other words this is a sh*tstorm that could have easily been dealt with had he not had something to hide and we know he isn't dragging it out for the attention ;)
[/quote]
Isn't screaming anything from the rooftops the exact opposite of privacy?
[/quote]

[url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oHg5SJYRHA0"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oHg5SJYRHA0[/url]

[quote name='HeadonaStick' post='2093721' date='Nov 30 2009, 04:40 PM'][quote name='F_N' post='2093716' date='Nov 30 2009, 04:36 PM'][url="http://www.tmz.com/2009/11/30/tiger-woods-accident-eye-witness-account-elin-nordegren/"]http://www.tmz.com/2009/11/30/tiger-woods-...elin-nordegren/[/url]

Granted this is from TMZ and it is eye witness testimony (which is iffy), but it is still worth considering.

[quote]TMZ now has an eyewitness account of what happened immediately following Tiger Woods' car accident.

According to a witness, Tiger had a cut on his lower lip when emergency responders and witnesses arrived. The wound was bloody.

Tiger was wearing shorts, a t-shirt and [b]no shoes[/b].[/quote]

No shoes? Where did you need to go so quickly that you forgot your shoes? Is it even possible to get into Wal-Mart for little kids Tylenol or diapers without them?
[/quote]
In Florida? Probably.
[/quote]

I walk outside barefooted all the time and keep a pair of flip-flops or tennis shoes in my truck just for that reason. Maybe Woods does, too. I don't see anything unusual about not having any shoes on other than he probably didn't put a lot of planning into his trip.

I disagree, horesman. Most people are reacting to the implausibility of the narrative he is offering here, and that is what is fueling this.

I also disagree with a few other people on the DV thing. If she attacked him, he shouldn't just cover it up. It is really a mistake to try to patch things up with a psycho spouse who is going to come at you with a golf club. He needs to have her charged. I know that sounds a bit merciless, and it also runs counter to an idea we have about what it means to be a man (sort it out yourself, absorb this kind of stuff, etc.) but if she physically attacked him, she should be charged.

I know it is easy to sit in judgement like I am doing, but it is also too easy, as the victim, to believe you deserved it. If he is thinking "I did a bad thing, and she did a bad thing" he is making a huge mistake. If he diddled the cocktail waitress, that is a really stupid thing to do, and he deserves to lose his marriage over it, but he doesn't deserve to have his wife chase him around with a weapon and cause an accident that could end his career or life.

If anything like that happened, he and his handlers are making a huge mistake, unless the plan is to put a happy face on things now, live separately for a few months, then quietly divorce after that.

The bag:

Titleist 915 D2 driver

Titleist TS2 3 wood

Titleist 818 H1 3 & 4 hybrids

Mizuno MP-60 irons (5-PW)

Mizuno T-22 wedges

Odyssey Stroke Lab 2-ball

[quote name='HeadonaStick' post='2093734' date='Nov 30 2009, 04:47 PM'][quote name='dannybsj' post='2093727' date='Nov 30 2009, 04:44 PM'][quote name='Bellyhungry' post='2093703' date='Nov 30 2009, 04:29 PM'][quote name='TheDarkOne' post='2093652' date='Nov 30 2009, 04:08 PM']....if someone accused me of cheating on my wife and I hadn't, and I was in his position, the absolute first thing I would do is publicaly say that I did not have an affair and if I was going to it wouldn't be with a women who looked like Sly Stallone in a wig.[/quote]

Just because some people don't go the route you think you are going to choose, does not mean that they are guilty - as projected onto them by your way of thinking.

For example, some people just choose not to dignify rumors and wrongful allegations. And some people just know that no matter what they say, people already made up their minds, so what is the point?

In the case of TW. He has always guarded his privacy more than other celebs. So it should not surprise anyone that this is the M.O. he has choosen.
[/quote]
Exactly his point, if he wanted to maintain that privacy and nothing actually happened he would be screaming it from rooftops. The way he has handled it shows he is willing to risk said privacy to protect something. In other words this is a sh*tstorm that could have easily been dealt with had he not had something to hide and we know he isn't dragging it out for the attention ;)
[/quote]
[/quote]
What i mean is he would be clearing his name to keep the reporters at bay and end all this madness i mean you guys are basically saying it was a simple traffic incident so why all this turning the cops away etc. He has not done so, is this not obvious to everyone or are you all blinded by love for the guy?

[quote name='FightingScot93' post='2093715' date='Nov 30 2009, 04:36 PM'][quote name='kevcarter ' post='2093684' date='Nov 30 2009, 04:22 PM'][quote name='cAsE sEnSiTiVe ' post='2093678' date='Nov 30 2009, 03:19 PM'][quote name='MikeC' post='2093651' date='Nov 30 2009, 01:07 PM']Looks like his sponsors haven't heard enough to jump ship yet:

[url="http://money.cnn.com/2009/11/30/news/companies/tiger_woods_sponsorships/index.htm"]http://money.cnn.com/2009/11/30/news/compa...ships/index.htm[/url][/quote]

Translation: We are unwilling to turn our backs on our biggest cash cow, and will continue milking him until the teat runs dry.
[/quote]

... or maybe it's because they need him more than he needs them. If everybody drops him, I think he would land on his feet and be able to pay the light bill for awhile... :lol:

Kevin
[/quote]

This.

If Nike drops Tiger how far do you think their sales will slump? Without Tiger there is no Nike Golf.
[/quote]

If Nike drops Tiger? No way they would drop Tiger. Not going to happen. If this turns out to be worst case scenario, Nike isn't dropping Tiger.

[quote name='gvogel' post='2093737' date='Nov 30 2009, 04:48 PM'][quote name='counselor' post='2093702' date='Nov 30 2009, 04:29 PM']While everyone is obviously curious as to what happened, it is sad that people are ready to condemn Tiger without knowing the facts. This is still America- Tiger is under no obligation to provide evidence against himself. Neither is Elin.

Initially, we are talking about a minor traffic accident. Any charges against Tiger would likely be minor motor vehicle infractions such as Careless or Reckless Driving or the trivial driving without shoes. There does not appear to be any evidence of alcohol consumption, nor does there appear to be any indication that Tiger appeared to be impaired. Accordingly, there does not appear to be a basis for requesting a blood draw for determing sobriety.

[b]If the police investigation leads them to conclude that Tiger might have been under the influence, they can seek a search warrant from a judge for his medical records. The hospital likely would have drawn blood for medical purposes, and presumably would have tested before administering treatment. There simply does not appear to be any support for this notion, however.

If the police investigation leads them to conclude that Tiger may have been the victim of domestic violence(dv), then they may try to obtain his records for the purpose of establishing the nature and cause of his injuries. It does not appear that Tiger will cooperate with the police in an investigation of his wife.[/b]

Tiger may or may not have had an affair. If he did, that is between him and his wife. The greater question is whether he was a victim of dv, and if so, whether he should pursue a prosecution of his attacker. If Tiger publicly announces that his wife assaulted him, as many are speculating, then the authorities will certainly prosecute. Ultimately, is this in the best interest of Tiger, his wife and family? Does he owe it to us, his public, to jeopardize his ability to reconcile with his wife? If Elin had not heard the rumours before Thursday, she certainly has now.

I don't know whether Tiger had an affair, and I don't know whether Elin assaulted him, believing that he had. While perhaps understandable, it would not be a valid defense. I am curious as to how many of us would publicly name our spouse as our attacker if we hoped to salvage our marriage. Tiger's reputation has been tarnished with some; perhaps, however, he has chosen to protect his wife over his reputation.[/quote]
Uh, what are his other options? Admit to the affair and jeopardize his reputation? Admit to the affair and announce a separation from Elin? Again, his reputation is tarnished. Deny the affair - possibly committing perjury - and opening up a can of worms by admitting he knows Rachel?

I'd say he covered his butt. But there are going to be a lot of skeptical golf fans in 2010.
[/quote]

I would guess the police wish they had never been called. Other than the fact it's Woods and it's bizarre, it's a nothing story. Two people had an argument, the male got roughed up a little and then wrecked his truck. But having been called, now they have to follow through. If I were to ask a police officer I know, that's probably what his response would be.

[quote name='dannybsj' post='2093755' date='Nov 30 2009, 04:54 PM'][quote name='HeadonaStick' post='2093734' date='Nov 30 2009, 04:47 PM'][quote name='dannybsj' post='2093727' date='Nov 30 2009, 04:44 PM'][quote name='Bellyhungry' post='2093703' date='Nov 30 2009, 04:29 PM'][quote name='TheDarkOne' post='2093652' date='Nov 30 2009, 04:08 PM']....if someone accused me of cheating on my wife and I hadn't, and I was in his position, the absolute first thing I would do is publicaly say that I did not have an affair and if I was going to it wouldn't be with a women who looked like Sly Stallone in a wig.[/quote]

[/quote]
[/quote]
[/quote]
What i mean is he would be clearing his name to keep the reporters at bay and end all this madness i mean you guys are basically saying it was a simple traffic incident so why all this turning the cops away etc. He has not done so, is this not obvious to everyone or are you all blinded by love for the guy?
[/quote]
But it wouldn't clear his name (this thread is proof of that) and it would invite people into his private life. In his eyes, whether or not he did "it" is a matter that is private, and he simply isn't going to open it up to the public at all.

My own guess is that Tiger was asleep and Elin found some evidence linking Tiger to the woman in question, I am sure Tiger and his wife had already had discussions regarding the article in the Enquirer and he said it was nonsense. I am guessing she woke Tiger up in a fit of rage over her findings and Tiger tried to make a quick getaway. This looks to have been a very private, emotional, and embarrassing time for the Woods family and a number of mistakes seem to have been made, hopefully they are working on repairing them.

[quote name='littlepingman' post='2093750' date='Nov 30 2009, 03:53 PM'][quote name='HeadonaStick' post='2093734' date='Nov 30 2009, 04:47 PM'][quote name='dannybsj' post='2093727' date='Nov 30 2009, 04:44 PM'][quote name='Bellyhungry' post='2093703' date='Nov 30 2009, 04:29 PM'][quote name='TheDarkOne' post='2093652' date='Nov 30 2009, 04:08 PM']....if someone accused me of cheating on my wife and I hadn't, and I was in his position, the absolute first thing I would do is publicaly say that I did not have an affair and if I was going to it wouldn't be with a women who looked like Sly Stallone in a wig.[/quote]

[/quote]
[/quote]
[/quote]

[url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oHg5SJYRHA0"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oHg5SJYRHA0[/url]
[/quote]

YOU GOT RICK ROLLED... :cheesy:

Oh wait, so did I. :busted2:

[quote name='joe81005' post='2093649' date='Nov 30 2009, 04:07 PM']Just a few thoughts.....

Tiger over the past month or so has not been the same Tiger... He has lost his temper more than a few times. The club tossing/throwing, acting like a spolied brat and cursing have become more intense and more frequent during this stretch. Maybe these are signs that he has not been happy. Not happy at home and/or maybe not happy that some events/behaviors have gotten out of his control that he has been able to control in the past and wasn't able to control anymore.

Another thought (that might me way out there....or could be spot on) was that he was sweating quite a bit while he was in Australia, I know it is hot there, and he sweats, but maybe he had a wild night or two and was on X the night before, from what I have read, it dehydrates the body.

These are of course speculative; nothing other than speculation. But it is interesting to think about and discuss on message boards.

None-the-less, whether you love him or hate him, one shouldn't wish ill-will on another...so best of luck to Tiger and his family.[/quote]

I would certainly not go this purely speculative path, and really wonder if anything worthwhile could be gotten by getting there. This is the kind of stuff that would make our own credibility suffer more than Tiger's.

Driver : Srixon Z745 10.5* Stiff / Callaway Bertha Mini 1.5 Stiff
3W : Callaway X2 Hot Tour Stiff
5W : Adams XTD-ti 15* Stiff
3Hi : Adams XTD-ti 20* Stiff
4Hi : Adams XTD-ti 23* Stiff
Irons : 4-7 Wilson Staff FG Tour V2, 8-PW Wilson Staff FG59
50* : Wilson Staff PMP
56* : Wilson Staff PMP
Putter : Wilson Staff 8802

Balls : Wilson Staff FG Tour / Srixon Q Star Yellow

[quote name='HeadonaStick' post='2093766' date='Nov 30 2009, 04:58 PM'][quote name='dannybsj' post='2093755' date='Nov 30 2009, 04:54 PM'][quote name='HeadonaStick' post='2093734' date='Nov 30 2009, 04:47 PM'][quote name='dannybsj' post='2093727' date='Nov 30 2009, 04:44 PM'][quote name='Bellyhungry' post='2093703' date='Nov 30 2009, 04:29 PM'][quote name='TheDarkOne' post='2093652' date='Nov 30 2009, 04:08 PM']....if someone accused me of cheating on my wife and I hadn't, and I was in his position, the absolute first thing I would do is publicaly say that I did not have an affair and if I was going to it wouldn't be with a women who looked like Sly Stallone in a wig.[/quote]

[/quote]
[/quote]
[/quote]
[/quote]
But it wouldn't clear his name (this thread is proof of that) and it would invite people into his private life. In his eyes, whether or not he did "it" is a matter that is private, and he simply isn't going to open it up to the public at all.
[/quote]

+1

He and his camp probably knew the truth is not enough for these people. Rather, they want the 'truth' to match their fantasies and theories.

[quote]But it wouldn't clear his name (this thread is proof of that) and it would invite people into his private life. In his eyes, whether or not he did "it" is a matter that is private, and he simply isn't going to open it up to the public at all.[/quote]
It would have cleared his name had he said this is what happened, even if it was a lie. He didnt he put out some vague statement that didnt explain anything at all not even how the crash happened and he turned cops away 3 times then dropped out of his own tournament. Now its a huge story with the 911 calls on display and all kinds of chaos from a story that was originally reported as a minor traffic acciden. He could have kept it that way but chose not too. Why? He knows some incriminating evidence is going to come out if he does comment thats the only explanation, stop with the he wants his privacy, nothing happened, blah blah, this doesnt make sense

The amount of people who think there is nothing to this on this post is staggering. I'm not saying its our right to know i'm just saying to think there is nothing else happening but a fender bender is naive to the point of being in denial.

[quote name='JYB' post='2093753' date='Nov 30 2009, 04:53 PM']he's protecting his wife? BullsH*t. If he cheated on his wife, he's not protecting her at all...he's destroying his family.[/quote]
Facts contradict you. In his statement-he takes blame, praises her, refuses to be questioned even though they can do little to him at this point. If he wants to destroy the family he claims spousal abuse, leaves the home or shoves her out, and sets the table for a custody battle. Do you see any of that happening? Guess you have never heard of reconcilliation.

tiger woods - the golfer will always be tiger woods - the golfer. but after the smoke clears....he'll have human flaws just like everyone else.

imo.....he's already come clean with his woman about whatever he feels he needed to come clean about. that's good enough for me.

i still don't get why anyone here feels that they're deserving of anything. it's his PR machine that's failing. it's his life....not ours. don't get me wrong....i love speculating......but i don't get worked up like some people out there (or here).

[quote name='mtsmith' post='2093768' date='Nov 30 2009, 04:58 PM'][quote name='littlepingman' post='2093750' date='Nov 30 2009, 03:53 PM'][quote name='HeadonaStick' post='2093734' date='Nov 30 2009, 04:47 PM'][quote name='dannybsj' post='2093727' date='Nov 30 2009, 04:44 PM'][quote name='Bellyhungry' post='2093703' date='Nov 30 2009, 04:29 PM'][quote name='TheDarkOne' post='2093652' date='Nov 30 2009, 04:08 PM']....if someone accused me of cheating on my wife and I hadn't, and I was in his position, the absolute first thing I would do is publicaly say that I did not have an affair and if I was going to it wouldn't be with a women who looked like Sly Stallone in a wig.[/quote]

[/quote]
[/quote]
[/quote]

[/quote]

YOU GOT RICK ROLLED... :cheesy:

Oh wait, so did I. :busted2:
[/quote]

You do know that Astley played for the other team; not that there's anything wrong with that. Elaine Benes would try to get him to switch teams.

[quote name='joe81005' post='2093649' date='Nov 30 2009, 04:07 PM']Just a few thoughts.....

Tiger over the past month or so has not been the same Tiger... He has lost his temper more than a few times. The club tossing/throwing, acting like a spolied brat and cursing have become more intense and more frequent during this stretch. Maybe these are signs that he has not been happy. Not happy at home and/or maybe not happy that some events/behaviors have gotten out of his control that he has been able to control in the past and wasn't able to control anymore.

Another thought (that might me way out there....or could be spot on) was that he was sweating quite a bit while he was in Australia, I know it is hot there, and he sweats, but maybe he had a wild night or two and was on X the night before, from what I have read, it dehydrates the body.

These are of course speculative; nothing other than speculation. But it is interesting to think about and discuss on message boards.

None-the-less, whether you love him or hate him, one shouldn't wish ill-will on another...so best of luck to Tiger and his family.[/quote]

Hahahaha, please please please tell me you are joking about the E thing! That is the most far-fetched thing in this thread.

[quote name='dannybsj' post='2093788' date='Nov 30 2009, 05:07 PM'][quote]
But it wouldn't clear his name (this thread is proof of that) and it would invite people into his private life. In his eyes, whether or not he did "it" is a matter that is private, and he simply isn't going to open it up to the public at all.[/quote]
It would have cleared his name had he said this is what happened, even if it was a lie. He didnt he put out some vague statement that didnt explain anything at all not even how the crash happened and he turned cops away 3 times then dropped out of his own tournament. Now its a huge story with the 911 calls on display and all kinds of chaos from a story that was originally reported as a minor traffic acciden. He could have kept it that way but chose not too. Why? He knows some incriminating evidence is going to come out if he does comment thats the only explanation, stop with the he wants his privacy, nothing happened, blah blah, this doesnt make sense

The amount of people who think there is nothing to this on this post is staggering. I'm not saying its our right to know i'm just saying to think there is nothing else happening but a fender bender is naive to the point of being in denial.
[/quote]
But an explanation is none of your business; its private. That's the point. As soon as he starts explaining to you, when does it stop? Better to tell you (and the rest of us) to mind our own business.

Besides, look at your post. You've made a bunch of assumptions so the story fits your notion of what Tiger must have done and must have thought. The ONLY thing that we actually have at this point is a fender bender with an injury. Everything else is speculation. Nothing more.

I wish Tiger Woods and his family the best in this difficult time. He owes no one else anything and this has nothing to do with golf. The media feeding frenzy along with the people who fuel it are just plain sad. People are so quick to cast stones.

Cobra Fly Z+ Driver
Cobra Fly Z Faiway
TM Aero Burner Hybrid
TM RSi1 4-AW Irons
TM Tour Preferred ATV 56*
SC Fastback 1.5

[quote name='jfzhorseman' post='2093794' date='Nov 30 2009, 06:09 PM'][quote name='JYB' post='2093753' date='Nov 30 2009, 04:53 PM']he's protecting his wife? BullsH*t. If he cheated on his wife, he's not protecting her at all...he's destroying his family.[/quote]
Facts contradict you. In his statement-he takes blame, praises her, refuses to be questioned even though they can do little to him at this point. If he wants to destroy the family he claims spousal abuse, leaves the home or shoves her out, and sets the table for a custody battle. Do you see any of that happening? Guess you have never heard of reconcilliation.
[/quote]

This one I agree with, but I think it is a really bad idea to reconcile with a club-wielding spouse, despite her off the charts hotness factor.

What they are doing is hushing it up and heading towards a quiet divorce. Then he can go back to diddling his cocktail waitress "down under" (and I don't mean in Australia...).

Gotta say I am done with the thread til new facts emerge.

The bag:

Titleist 915 D2 driver

Titleist TS2 3 wood

Titleist 818 H1 3 & 4 hybrids

Mizuno MP-60 irons (5-PW)

Mizuno T-22 wedges

Odyssey Stroke Lab 2-ball

[quote name='counselor' post='2093702' date='Nov 30 2009, 04:29 PM']While everyone is obviously curious as to what happened, it is sad that people are ready to condemn Tiger without knowing the facts. This is still America- Tiger is under no obligation to provide evidence against himself. Neither is Elin.

Initially, we are talking about a minor traffic accident. Any charges against Tiger would likely be minor motor vehicle infractions such as Careless or Reckless Driving or the trivial driving without shoes. [b]There does not appear to be any evidence of alcohol consumption, nor does there appear to be any indication that Tiger appeared to be impaired. Accordingly, there does not appear to be a basis for requesting a blood draw for determing sobriety.[/b]

If the police investigation leads them to conclude that Tiger might have been under the influence, they can seek a search warrant from a judge for his medical records. The hospital likely would have drawn blood for medical purposes, and presumably would have tested before administering treatment. There simply does not appear to be any support for this notion, however.

If the police investigation leads them to conclude that Tiger may have been the victim of domestic violence(dv), then they may try to obtain his records for the purpose of establishing the nature and cause of his injuries. It does not appear that Tiger will cooperate with the police in an investigation of his wife.

I would think that driving over a fire hydrant, hitting a tree, being "semi-conscious" and mumbling when asked questions at 2:30am (per interview below) would be more than sufficient probable cause to request a blood draw at the hospital to check if the driver was impaired (either with alcohol or drugs).

The responding officers were Windemere Police, not FHP and they clearly were giving Tiger the benefit of the doubt (celebrity treatment) by their lack of action. Now the FHP, responsible for any possible criminal investigation, has to deal with the hack job by the Windemere Police (and/or the fumble of the handoff) and are stymied due to lack of evidence.

[quote name='hoganfan924' post='2093833' date='Nov 30 2009, 05:23 PM'][quote name='counselor' post='2093702' date='Nov 30 2009, 04:29 PM']While everyone is obviously curious as to what happened, it is sad that people are ready to condemn Tiger without knowing the facts. This is still America- Tiger is under no obligation to provide evidence against himself. Neither is Elin.

Initially, we are talking about a minor traffic accident. Any charges against Tiger would likely be minor motor vehicle infractions such as Careless or Reckless Driving or the trivial driving without shoes. [b]There does not appear to be any evidence of alcohol consumption, nor does there appear to be any indication that Tiger appeared to be impaired. Accordingly, there does not appear to be a basis for requesting a blood draw for determing sobriety.[/b]

I would think that driving over a fire hydrant, hitting a tree, being "semi-conscious" and mumbling when asked questions at 2:30am (per interview below) would be more than sufficient probable cause to request a blood draw at the hospital to check if the driver was impaired (either with alcohol or drugs).

The responding officers were Windemere Police, not FHP and they clearly were giving Tiger the benefit of the doubt (celebrity treatment) by their lack of action. Now the FHP, responsible for any possible criminal investigation, has to deal with the hack job by the Windemere Police (and/or the fumble of the handoff) and are stymied due to lack of evidence.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/gAgSgVnG-3U&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/gAgSgVnG-3U&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>
[/quote]

FHP was on the scene and took over the investigation. They would have been able to request blood or other tests if they had been warranted.

I love the way so many people in this thread are better police officer than the police officers.

It does sound like Elin has a temper (I guess who could blame her with him purportedly messing around with the velvet rope hostess from New York---can anyone say sloppy hundreds).. If an attempt at reconciliation is attempted I think I would go easy on the prescription drugs, drinking, or anything else that could limit his mental and physical awareness. And lastly I would get rid of everything that has the ability to slice or snip beloved body parts. Of course the LPGA is still looking for a superstar to replace Annika.. :black eye:

How many think that he is now on the FHP favorite golfer list. He better not speed etc. because "I'm Tiger Woods" ain't going to flost.. If she does go "News Radio or Lorena Bobbet" on him I'm sure the FHP will catch holy whatever for not pursuing the domestic abuse issue.

Also check the statistics regarding domestic violence---particularly where it isn't reported and swept under the rug. Rarely is it a one time thing, especially if the physical abuser doesn't address their anger management via counseling, penalty, or other means of admitting the problem.

Very good points by this guy:

[url="http://www.thegolfchannel.com/golf-videos/-13398/?ref=26000"]http://www.thegolfchannel.com/golf-videos/-13398/?ref=26000[/url]

Tiger has announced he is not going to his year ending tournament. I think that too is sad if he is bruised up and cant play he could at least host. His sponsors do a lot of work that the payoff depends on his being there.

Tiger has a responsibility to be there and in and effort to hide out he wont be how sad.

Guys come on. No sponsor is dropping Tiger for anything. He has not done anything to this point other than have a minor traffic accident. There have been NO pictures of him with this girl and if they have been together there will/should be. Until then, all the accusations are just that. And why does everyone think that he owes us an explanation. If he did in fact cheat on his wife that is as personal as something gets and is between he and Elin and in NO way does he owe us any information about that. The fact that some think this will hurt him in the long run to me is quite funny. This will be a completely mood point by his 2nd tournament in 2010. If Elin did in fact physically abuse him then that is not good, but whether he cheated on her or not does not make it ok for her to do that and he should not be getting bashed by everyone for it.

My buddy and I were arguing about all this and he made a point that I don't believe is true, but has not been mentioned yet so I will throw it out there. He thinks that Rachel ran and got an attorney so quickly because he thinks that she is pregnant, haha. I like everyone else it seems believe that there is a lot more to this story than we are hearing, I just don't think he owes us any information - especially until he gets things taken care of with all the Rachel drama. What is the problem with him taking some time to straighten things out and get better before he makes anymore statements. Seems like most people feel he should have been giving a press conference from his hospital room.

[quote name='HeadonaStick' post='2093825' date='Nov 30 2009, 05:21 PM'][quote name='dannybsj' post='2093788' date='Nov 30 2009, 05:07 PM'][quote]
But it wouldn't clear his name (this thread is proof of that) and it would invite people into his private life. In his eyes, whether or not he did "it" is a matter that is private, and he simply isn't going to open it up to the public at all.[/quote]

[/quote]
But an explanation is none of your business; its private. That's the point. As soon as he starts explaining to you, when does it stop? Better to tell you (and the rest of us) to mind our own business.

Besides, look at your post. You've made a bunch of assumptions so the story fits your notion of what Tiger must have done and must have thought. The ONLY thing that we actually have at this point is a fender bender with an injury. Everything else is speculation. Nothing more.
[/quote]
Well you seem to be missing the whole point, its none of my buisness but people are PAID TO GET THE STORIES and they will get them, what we on wrx have to do with this I will never know we are simply speculating. No he doesnt owe anyone an explanation but in order to preserve said privacy he HAD TO DO DAMAGE CONTROL and didnt. I am simply saying he could have avoided this by saying something like I couldnt sleep and went out for a drive dropped my phone and reached down to get it and lost control, simple and believable. Sure people would speculate about the two windows being broken but that would be the only thing they could construe as evidence of dv or whatever and that is weak to say the least. And i made no assumptions in that post at all. I stated fact that he put out a vague statement turned the cops away and dropped out of his own tournament with what his own camp has described as minor injuries, no conjecture there.

using his injuries as cover for not even showing up to his own event is pretty telling, imo.

the event is offering refunds for patrons who decide they want it. the only people that effects are the charities that stood to profit from gate proceeds.

the least he could do is show up and host the event. pretty disappointing.