2024 Wells Fargo Championship WITB Photos ×

Tiger Woods Injured in Car Crash (Threads Merged here)

butter_train

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How amazing that a man with a relationship with the biggest shoe compnay in the world, jaunts around in the middle of the night with no shoes on.

And to what others have said, once the story has moved past the intial concern phase, yes it has been fun. Mat's posts, and several others keep me smiling for hours. I can't wait to see what's next. I can't believe that by now a sex tape hasn't leaked from the hotel in Australia.
I can just see it now, Tiger and Rachel Stallone engauged in sexy time filmed through that weird green night vision camera. Woods giving the fist pump as she scream's "Better than most!"

[quote name='TheDarkOne' date='Nov 30 2009, 02:20 PM' post='2093391']
How amazing that a man with a relationship with the biggest shoe compnay in the world, jaunts around in the middle of the night with no shoes on.

i heard he was wearing adidas and elin took them off before the police arrived. story goes he really likes TM gear the best. -- they just cant pay him enough $$$$$$$$$$$$.

The first wife was Melanie - who, curiously, opted to stick with the Faldo surname after the divorce and reportedly still uses it even now, 25 years later.

Brenna - or, as Faldo put it, [i]my very own midlife crisis[/i] - was the club wielder. By all accounts, she was more accomplished at trashing cars than she ever was at hitting balls on the course during her fledgling pro career.

Nike Ignite 410 10.5° Grafalloy Blue X

Nike T60 15° Fujikura Speeder 757 X

Titleist 913F 19° Mitsubishi Diamana BB 83X or Titleist 712U 2-iron 19° KBS Tour S

Titleist 712U 3-iron 22° KBS Tour S

Titleist 681 4-iron to 9-iron KBS Tour S

Titleist SM5 48.08F Raw 49° KBS Tour S

Titleist SM5 56.10M Raw 56° KBS Tour S

Ping Eye 2 Gorge L Wedge 60° KBS Tour S  &  Ping Anser 2

[quote name='TheDarkOne' post='2093391' date='Nov 30 2009, 02:20 PM']I can't wait to see what's next. I can't believe that by now a sex tape hasn't leaked from the hotel in Australia.
I can just see it now, Tiger and Rachel Stallone engauged in sexy time filmed through that weird green night vision camera. Woods giving the fist pump as she scream's "Better than most!"[/quote]

In terms of sex scandals, nothing will ever match the revelation from an Australian 'party' girl that at the end of the... uh sexual 'act" Russell Crowe urges himself toward the finish line by screaming; "Go Russ! Go!"

Can't be topped.

[quote name='TheDarkOne' post='2093391' date='Nov 30 2009, 08:20 PM']How amazing that a man with a relationship with the biggest shoe compnay in the world, jaunts around in the middle of the night with no shoes on.

And to what others have said, once the story has moved past the intial concern phase, yes it has been fun. Mat's posts, and several others keep me smiling for hours. I can't wait to see what's next. I can't believe that by now a sex tape hasn't leaked from the hotel in Australia.
I can just see it now, Tiger and Rachel Stallone engauged in sexy time filmed through that weird green night vision camera. Woods giving the fist pump as she scream's "Better than most!"[/quote]

Very funny!

[quote name='littlepingman' post='2093016' date='Nov 30 2009, 10:56 AM'][quote name='Bellyhungry' post='2093003' date='Nov 30 2009, 10:53 AM'][quote name='HeadonaStick' post='2092988' date='Nov 30 2009, 10:44 AM'][quote name='jaebell' post='2092977' date='Nov 30 2009, 10:37 AM']Funny thing is if you or I cancelled on the police 3 times after crashing a car we would be in jail. Just a thought.[/quote]
Again, you and I, and Tiger Woods, are not required to speak to the police about a traffic accident. You need only provide your name, address and license along with proof of current insurance. That's it.
[/quote]

The truth is, if you and I smashed into a fire hydrant, the cops would not even bother to show up to question you, let alone coming by 3 times.
[/quote]

Exactly, if this would have happened to any of us it would never have gone beyond that night. I'm not sure why everyone thinks Tiger is getting off easier here. This is actually much worse on him than it would be on any of us.
[/quote]

Not even close guys. Not only should the police show up but they should have secured a search warrant for his blood that night. Whatever PD is involved dropped the ball and if I were a tax payer in that city I would be very displeased.

[font=lucida sans unicode,lucida grande,sans-serif]Driver: Yonex Ezone 380 9*
Fairway: Tour Edge cb5 15*
Hybrid: Tour Edge cb5 19*
Irons: Hogan Ft Worth (15) 21*, 25*, 29*, 33*, 37*, 41*, 45*
Wedges: Hogan TK 49*, 53*, 57*
Putter: 2007 Odyssey Black #1
Bag: PING Hoofer[/font]

[quote name='Tenementrock' post='2093412' date='Nov 30 2009, 08:35 PM']Golf Channel website now reporting that Tiger will not be playing the Tiger World Challenge. Had to see that one coming. It would've been media madness since Sherwood CC is so close to LA.[/quote]

Hum...

What about that

[url="http://www.nationalenquirer.com/"]http://www.nationalenquirer.com/[/url]

shows

Page unavailable/under construction

Overload?

[quote name='Tenementrock' post='2093412' date='Nov 30 2009, 02:35 PM']Golf Channel website now reporting that Tiger will not be playing the Tiger World Challenge. Had to see that one coming. It would've been media madness since Sherwood CC is so close to LA.[/quote]

Woods to skip own Chevron World Challenge
profileIconREX HOGGARD, Senior Writer, GolfChannel.com
Posted 11/30/2009, 1:26 PM EST

According to sources close to the situation, Tiger Woods will not play this week’s Chevron World Challenge in the wake of last week’s accident outside his Isleworth home.

There has been no announcement on Woods’ Web site.

For the second consecutive year the world No. 1 will not be playing the event that benefits the Tiger Woods Foundation. He missed the tournament last year while recovering from knee surgery.

It remains unclear whether doctors will allow him to travel to California from Florida later this week.

According to sources, doctors have advised him that he should not travel due to headaches and soreness.
-------------------------------------------------

[quote name='1ftput' post='2093423' date='Nov 30 2009, 02:39 PM'][quote name='Tenementrock' post='2093412' date='Nov 30 2009, 08:35 PM']Golf Channel website now reporting that Tiger will not be playing the Tiger World Challenge. Had to see that one coming. It would've been media madness since Sherwood CC is so close to LA.[/quote]

Hum...

What about that

[url="http://www.nationalenquirer.com/"]http://www.nationalenquirer.com/[/url]

shows

Page unavailable/under construction

Overload?
[/quote]

its working

I changed this add that was in today's Wall Street Journal just a bit.....just to keep it up to date.... :rolleyes:

33tmiqe.jpg

WITB
Srixon ZX5 LS 9.0, HZRDUS Black 60 6.0
Ping G425 LST 3 wood, Tensei Orange

TaylorMade Qi10 Tour 5 wood, Tensei AV Blue limited  75

Matlby TS3 4-5, Matlby TS4 6-GW, Recoil Dart V 105 F4

RTX Zipcore  Tour Rack 54, 60

Spider Tour S CB 38 inches

Srixon-Z Star XV

[quote name='doublenuts' post='2093430' date='Nov 30 2009, 02:43 PM'][quote name='Tenementrock' post='2093412' date='Nov 30 2009, 02:35 PM']Golf Channel website now reporting that Tiger will not be playing the Tiger World Challenge. Had to see that one coming. It would've been media madness since Sherwood CC is so close to LA.[/quote]

According to sources close to the situation, Tiger Woods will not play this week’s Chevron World Challenge in the wake of last week’s accident outside his Isleworth home.

For the second consecutive year the world No. 1 will not be playing the event that benefits the Tiger Woods Foundation. He missed the tournament last year while recovering from knee surgery.

It remains unclear whether doctors will allow him to travel to California from Florida later this week.

According to sources, doctors have advised him that he should not travel due to headaches and soreness.
[/quote]

rachel is already in la. he is going to stand her up?

[quote name='OpusX20' post='2093338' date='Nov 30 2009, 01:49 PM'][quote name='TimeToFly' post='2093290' date='Nov 30 2009, 12:27 PM'][quote name='MrParr1Noid' post='2092523' date='Nov 29 2009, 11:42 PM']GXgolfer? oh GXgolfer?

After this last post I do believe it is time to turn the lights down low. Does anyone here 2nd the motion? Anyone?[/quote]

[quote name='OpusX20' post='2092526' date='Nov 29 2009, 11:43 PM'][quote name='MrParr1Noid' post='2092523' date='Nov 29 2009, 10:42 PM']GXgolfer? oh GXgolfer?

After this last post I do believe it is time to turn the lights down low. Does anyone here 2nd the motion? Anyone?[/quote]

I second the motion on the floor.
[/quote]

oh stop it. new information is being published by the hour. this is a hot topic right now and people want to talk about it. if this thread bothers you so much, stop reading it! :rolleyes:
[/quote]

This is one of the most entertaining threads I've read on WRX. [b]But, at the time that exchange took place, there was not much going on except stuff that was not consistent with Rule #1 of the forums...[/b]

[i]"While debating and discussion is fine, we will not tolerate rudeness, insulting posts, personal attacks or purposeless inflammatory posts. Our decision is final in these matters."[/i]
[/quote]

well, your post was at 11:42PM. of course there isnt much news coming out about this at that hour. just people talking. every morning there seems to be more and more being reported. so lets stop with the "lock this thread" junk. this is entertaining and people want to talk about it. and again, if you dont like the thread (i dont mean you personally opus), just ignore it and read a different one. thats what i do.

Just two simple questions.
Why was Rachel in Melbourne? (She was definitely there.)
Why did she fly out to LAX over the weekend? (It's a little close to Tiger's tournament this week, isn't it?)

She already had the plane tickets and decided to work on her tan in any event?

Unseen, in the background, Fate was quietly slipping the lead into the boxing-glove.  P.G. Wodehouse

[quote name='doublenuts' post='2093430' date='Nov 30 2009, 01:43 PM'][quote name='Tenementrock' post='2093412' date='Nov 30 2009, 02:35 PM']Golf Channel website now reporting that Tiger will not be playing the Tiger World Challenge. Had to see that one coming. It would've been media madness since Sherwood CC is so close to LA.[/quote]

According to sources close to the situation, Tiger Woods will not play this week's Chevron World Challenge in the wake of last week's accident outside his Isleworth home.

There has been no announcement on Woods' Web site.

[/quote]

Would an innocent man skip his OWN tournament that helps charities??? :secret:

[quote name='gvogel' post='2093447' date='Nov 30 2009, 01:50 PM']Just two simple questions.
Why was Rachel in Melbourne? (She was definitely there.)
Why did she fly out to LAX over the weekend? (It's a little close to Tiger's tournament this week, isn't it?)[/quote]

About the Melbourne thing... She said she was taking "clients" there. What nightclub hostess takes clients on international trips???

[quote name='doublenuts' post='2093430' date='Nov 30 2009, 02:43 PM'][quote name='Tenementrock' post='2093412' date='Nov 30 2009, 02:35 PM']Golf Channel website now reporting that Tiger will not be playing the Tiger World Challenge. Had to see that one coming. It would've been media madness since Sherwood CC is so close to LA.[/quote]

[/quote]

Is Sabbatini the the first alternate?

From the TW website on this week's event...

Due to injuries sustained in a one-car accident last week, Tiger Woods will be unable to play in the 2009 Chevron World Challenge.
"I am extremely disappointed that I will not be at my tournament this week," Woods said. "I am certain it will be an outstanding event and I'm very sorry that I can't be there."

"We support Tiger's decision and are confident the strong field and excellent course will provide an exciting week of competition at the Chevron World Challenge, said Greg McLaughlin, Tiger Woods Foundation President & CEO

Woods will not participate in any other tournaments in 2009 and will return to action next year.

Ok...just for fun lets try to piece together what we think happened so far.
Tiger and Elin have a heated argument over the rumor of an affair Tiger is having. Tiger leaves the home in a hurry being pursued by Elin. Elin takes a golf club to Tigers get away vehicle smashing out the back window. Tiger loses control and crashes into a tree and fire hydrant. Witnesses report Tiger is incoherent after the crash. Rumor has it that the other woman is a party girl who likes to take narcotics to enhance sexual encounters. Did she get Tiger to start using drugs? Maybe he has slipped into the lifestyle and now "needs" them. It can happen pretty quickly. Cops arrive and proceed to"F" up the case so far. Tiger hides in his big money world trying to find a spin to put on the matter that will make things "perfect" again...

[font=lucida sans unicode,lucida grande,sans-serif]Driver: Yonex Ezone 380 9*
Fairway: Tour Edge cb5 15*
Hybrid: Tour Edge cb5 19*
Irons: Hogan Ft Worth (15) 21*, 25*, 29*, 33*, 37*, 41*, 45*
Wedges: Hogan TK 49*, 53*, 57*
Putter: 2007 Odyssey Black #1
Bag: PING Hoofer[/font]

Well I couldn't help myself. Just skimmed through this whole topic. Easy enough to skip over the whole "you hate TW" "you love TW" shouting. My take:

[list]
[*] Tiger wansn't running out to the store for a gallon of milk, or medicine for the kids, or to hit a few balls.
[*] No way she dragged him out through either of those smashed windows. Just look at the pictures. No way. Not possible.
[*] I feel really bad for Elin and her family--looks like this is turning into a big deal in Sweden too.
[*] The whole thing reminds me of OJ. I mean just media frenzy-wise. No comparing what Tiger might or might not have done to what OJ might or might not have done.
[*]If neither TW or his alleged lady friend have not filed suit against the Inquirer by the end of the day tomorrow....well than you can believe what was printed.
[*]Who in the freaking world is charge of his PR/management? Could not have made a worse mess of it if he had hired 100 monkeys with 100 typewriters.
[*]There will be no signifigent charges filed. Maybe a misdemeanor traffic offense at the worst.
[*]Very quietly a certain someone who values his privacy will write a very large check to the local policeman's benevolence association.
[*]Lastly, don't close this topic yet! Not when it's this close to dethroning the "9015d uhhh ballspeed" thread!
[/list]

And this I have to quote, because it is too funny. It is too funny because it is 110% true.

[quote name='TuffKukae' post='2091051' date='Nov 29 2009, 10:01 AM']Friday night conversations at other PGA players homes :

Husband : you better not do some crazy s*** like Elin.

Wife : you better not cheat.

Drama Man[/quote]

Link to the story on his website:[url="http://web.tigerwoods.com/news/article/200911307728116/news/"]
[/url]

[url="http://web.tigerwoods.com/news/article/200911307728116/news/"]http://web.tigerwoods.com/news/article/200911307728116/news/[/url]

Not really a shocker. My question is, will he still perform host duties, or will he be unavailable for those as well?

[color=#008000]GBB EPIC Flash[/color]
[color=#000000]GBB EPIC Flash 13*[/color]
[color=#000000]GBB EPIC Flash Heavenwood[/color]
[color=#000000]Apex CF 19, 4 to AW, Catalyst 80[/color]
54* MD 4, black
58* PM Grind, black
Odyssey 2 Ball, Black Series i
CHROME SOFT TRUVIS

If what we all (most of us at least) think happened actually did, Tiger cannot come out and tell the truth without getting Elin arrested for domestic abuse. He is already in a bad enough situation without making it worse by getting a mad wife arrested on top of it. Could she be deported if convicted of a felony?

While it would be better from a PR standpoint to come out and say "I screwed around and my wife jacked me with a five-iron. I got what I deserved and we are going to work through it", he can't without getting Elin in trouble. His lame response is about all that he can give.

Forgot to mention the one other thing that blows me away about this thread:
[i]
The almost total lack of Miura jokes![/i]

You know there's some serious s*** hitting the fan in Tiger's world if there's a 35+ page thread about him that only has 2 Miura jokes in it. Come on!

How about: It could've been a lot worse, but his SUV is really a Miura forging that's stamped Cadillac.