2024 Wells Fargo Championship WITB Photos ×

Tiger Woods Injured in Car Crash (Threads Merged here)

butter_train

[quote name='mstrong' post='2093171' date='Nov 30 2009, 12:19 PM']Maybe he DID tell the truth...

Just a thought. It is possible.[/quote]
No way! if what he says happened really happened he'd have video out and would have had the fhp over for dinner. Absolutely no way that is what happened after all this ,or he is a fool for dragging it out

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='mat562' post='2093045' date='Nov 30 2009, 11:17 AM']Just as a point of interest, the UK press have picked up on the story and one newspaper - actually a real newspaper as opposed to a comic - are quoting yet another anonymous 'friend' who has gone on-record saying that Woods telephoned him (or her) in the aftermath of the accident and revealed that what happened is pretty much what everyone is thinking happened.

Let's face it, it's the first thing I'd do after my mate called me to tell me the story is get on the blower to a newspaper, so the lad (or lass) in question can't really be blamed for spilling the beans.

It's nothing too surprising, but it illustrates that Woods' brief, ambiguous statement and subsequent silence aren't the best way to go - at least when it comes to quelling rumours.[/quote]

I have read this at a couple of places now. I think its hilarious that people really believe that in the aftermath of all this that Tiger ran home and called up some buddies and told them the truth. Come on people, do you really think Tiger has talked to anyone outside of that house other than an attorney since getting out of the hospital? This is ridiculous.

[quote name='Borthwick' post='2093212' date='Nov 30 2009, 11:41 AM'][quote name='pg59' post='2093190' date='Nov 30 2009, 12:30 PM']Honestly, it's turned into just another media circus, but for the sake of this game and it's history, Tiger--it's time to man up. You DO owe us an explanation.[/quote]

He owes us exactly zip point s***.
[/quote]

I agree.

Kevin

I could be wrong
I've been wrong before
I'll be wrong again

[quote name='mbbrewer' post='2092380' date='Nov 29 2009, 10:24 PM'][quote name='soberguy16' post='2092358' date='Nov 29 2009, 09:17 PM']the executive director for the national enquirer is on fox news right now in a discussion about tiger and he is defending his paper's claims and says that they are prepared to fight any legal action if taken. he mentioned speaking with tiger's lawyers and tiger denying everything as we know...he also says one of his people from the national enquirer was in an elevator at the melbourne hotel with uchitel and she got off on floor 35, the floor tiger reportedly stayed on. i know that he would obviously defend himself and his paper in such a circumstance but he's coming off pretty confident and persuasive that they're facts are straight...he seems to welcome any legal action taken[/quote]
I wouldn't expect him to say they are lies. Why would he want such a factual, non-fictitious paper lose credibility?
[/quote]

[quote name='jshiver15' post='2092405' date='Nov 29 2009, 10:36 PM']Funny that the National Enquirer posted pictures of Tiger and his "mistress" all over the place on Thursday, only to remove them once they found out about the wreck, and now have them back up. These publications are the down-fall of society.[/quote]

[quote name='jlin453' post='2092481' date='Nov 29 2009, 11:24 PM'][quote name='jshiver15' post='2092405' date='Nov 29 2009, 09:36 PM']Funny that the National Enquirer posted pictures of Tiger and his "mistress" all over the place on Thursday, only to remove them once they found out about the wreck, and now have them back up. These publications are the down-fall of society.[/quote]

Yet, people treat the National Enquirer as a reputable source of information. Haters are haters.
[/quote]

like it or not, the National Enquirer is not as full of lies as people tend to think these days. ever since the Carol Burnette lawsuit several years ago (1981?) they have been MUCH more careful with their reporting. they dont get sued much these days because the stories they report now are usually true. also, TMZ's reputation has been upgraded lately because they were the first one to report MJ's death... all im saying is just because the National Enquirer or TMZ reports this stuff, that doesnt mean it isnt true. a lot of people seem to think they just print ridiculous stories like [i]Weekly World News[/i] and 1000lb baby crap

Just saw an interesting article about TW

[url="http://msn.foxsports.com/golf/story/10452288/The-key-Tiger-question:-Do-you-believe-him?GT1=39002"]http://msn.foxsports.com/golf/story/104522...e-him?GT1=39002[/url]

I know we argue about privacy and no need to explain but here's a quote that makes sense.

Who is Tiger Woods?

What does he stand for? You don't know. The sportswriters don't know. It's even money Tiger knows. He's an industry as much as he is a person.

TaylorMade SIM 2 MAX Ventus Black Velocore
Ping G400 2 Hybrid Tour AD DI
Mizuno JPX 921 Forged Irons
Titleist Vokey SM8s
Bettinardi Tour DASS
Pro V1X low number

[quote name='pg59' post='2093190' date='Nov 30 2009, 11:30 AM']Honestly, it's turned into just another media circus, but for the sake of this game and it's history, Tiger--it's time to man up. You DO owe us an explanation.[/quote]

Unless you're wife is taking golf lessons from Tiger I don't think he owes you jack.

Titleist 915 10.5
Callaway Epic, 15 degree 3 metal
Adams Idea Tech V4 18 Hybrid
Mizuno MP-54 4-PW Irons
Callaway MD 3, 50, 54 & 58 wedges
Scotty Cameron Kombi S, 34

LMAO!!!!! I don't know what to think about all this.

If I went out and hit a fire hydrant then a tree and went to the hospital and was accused of cheating on my wife then refused to talk to anybody, my local news would be all over it. Just beacuse he is an awesome golfer doesn't mean he can escape the attention. Its just the way it is.

Hope it all works out for the best for him, his wife and kids.

[quote name='TimeToFly' post='2093229' date='Nov 30 2009, 12:50 PM'][quote name='mbbrewer' post='2092380' date='Nov 29 2009, 10:24 PM'][quote name='soberguy16' post='2092358' date='Nov 29 2009, 09:17 PM']the executive director for the national enquirer is on fox news right now in a discussion about tiger and he is defending his paper's claims and says that they are prepared to fight any legal action if taken. he mentioned speaking with tiger's lawyers and tiger denying everything as we know...he also says one of his people from the national enquirer was in an elevator at the melbourne hotel with uchitel and she got off on floor 35, the floor tiger reportedly stayed on. i know that he would obviously defend himself and his paper in such a circumstance but he's coming off pretty confident and persuasive that they're facts are straight...he seems to welcome any legal action taken[/quote]
I wouldn't expect him to say they are lies. Why would he want such a factual, non-fictitious paper lose credibility?
[/quote]

[quote name='jshiver15' post='2092405' date='Nov 29 2009, 10:36 PM']Funny that the National Enquirer posted pictures of Tiger and his "mistress" all over the place on Thursday, only to remove them once they found out about the wreck, and now have them back up. These publications are the down-fall of society.[/quote]

[quote name='jlin453' post='2092481' date='Nov 29 2009, 11:24 PM'][quote name='jshiver15' post='2092405' date='Nov 29 2009, 09:36 PM']Funny that the National Enquirer posted pictures of Tiger and his "mistress" all over the place on Thursday, only to remove them once they found out about the wreck, and now have them back up. These publications are the down-fall of society.[/quote]

Yet, people treat the National Enquirer as a reputable source of information. Haters are haters.
[/quote]

like it or not, the National Enquirer is not as full of lies as people tend to think these days. ever since the Carol Burnette lawsuit several years ago (1981?) they have been MUCH more careful with their reporting. they dont get sued much these days because the stories they report now are usually true. also, TMZ's reputation has been upgraded lately because they were the first one to report MJ's death... all im saying is just because the National Enquirer or TMZ reports this stuff, that doesnt mean it isnt true. a lot of people seem to think they just print ridiculous stories like [i]Weekly World News[/i] and 1000lb baby crap
[/quote]
Just to add to your point, if this is in fact slander, I am sure we will see legal action from both Woods and his mistress. Considering Mike Whateverhisnameis was on TV last night from the NE practically begging them to try as he is claiming he has much more on this he is just waiting to put out. If not Woods, the girl certainly can profit greatly from suing them. I'm sure we will see those law suits any time right?????????
Of course we won't.

[quote name='jaebell' post='2093243' date='Nov 30 2009, 11:57 AM']LMAO!!!!! I don't know what to think about all this.

[b]If I went out and hit a fire hydrant then a tree and went to the hospital and was accused of cheating on my wife then refused to talk to anybody, my local news would be all over it. Just beacuse he is an awesome golfer doesn't mean he can escape the attention. Its just the way it is.
[/b]
Hope it all works out for the best for him, his wife and kids.[/quote]

Really?

PS: I do agree that it works out well for his family. I feel for the kids in all this.

I like Tiger, but I think he's in for a tough time right now. The fact of the matter is that he sues the pants off of anyone that libels him, or his family. When Elin's fake pics came out...what did he do?

If the affair story had no legs, he would have already had an attorney filing a cease and desist order against The Nat. Enq and TMZ...at the very least his people would have come out and specifically threatened such action. The vague nature of his statemant and the fact that it was late is quite telling.

Although I do believe celebrities have a certain degree of privacy (especially since Tiger has never been one to seek out the spotlight off of the course), but his $1 Billion is directly because of his celebrity. When you buy a TW hat, VR forged irons, or Tiger gatorade...you are buying into that image. The big question is...is that image outside the ropes bogus?

ESPN reporting on Wood's taking 'girlfriend' to Australia for the Masters:

[url="http://sports.espn.go.com/golf/news/story?id=4699907"]http://sports.espn.go.com/golf/news/story?id=4699907[/url]

If someone gets hold of this woman's passport records the story will start to gain momentum.... even if she traveled to Australia on Tiger's plane, she theoretically has to clear immigrations & customs.... If she was sighted in Australia and there is no passport record, it will mean no-one recorded her entry into the country. And how did that happen? Trust me the truth will come out...

P.S. Lot's of footage of alleged mistress, Rachel (Urtichel?) appearing on the Internet... Nice a**, but then again the wife ain't too shabby either. With all Tiger has to lose, he needs to remember what Paul Newman said... "why go out for hamburger... "

[quote name='caller' post='2093235' date='Nov 30 2009, 12:52 PM']Just saw an interesting article about TW

[url="http://msn.foxsports.com/golf/story/10452288/The-key-Tiger-question:-Do-you-believe-him?GT1=39002"]http://msn.foxsports.com/golf/story/104522...e-him?GT1=39002[/url]

I know we argue about privacy and no need to explain but here's a quote that makes sense.

[b]Who is Tiger Woods?

What does he stand for? You don't know. The sportswriters don't know. It's even money Tiger knows. He's an industry as much as he is a person.[/b][/quote]

He's not an industry, he's a [size=4][b][color="#FF0000"]V[/color][/b][/size]!

[attachment=502282:81c3a42b...e7aefa14.jpg]

Regardless of the whys and wherefores of Woodsgate, full marks for putting up a picture of the lovely Morena.

Nike Ignite 410 10.5° Grafalloy Blue X

Nike T60 15° Fujikura Speeder 757 X

Titleist 913F 19° Mitsubishi Diamana BB 83X or Titleist 712U 2-iron 19° KBS Tour S

Titleist 712U 3-iron 22° KBS Tour S

Titleist 681 4-iron to 9-iron KBS Tour S

Titleist SM5 48.08F Raw 49° KBS Tour S

Titleist SM5 56.10M Raw 56° KBS Tour S

Ping Eye 2 Gorge L Wedge 60° KBS Tour S  &  Ping Anser 2

Please please may this run and run and NEVER lock this thread!

Call it what you will but there's something strangely gratifying about someone winning 14 majors, earns a gazillion a year, has totally hot wife and plays flawless golf.

And yet he still gets chased out of his own home with his Mrs hurling a golf club after him.... There is no escape - it's official!

Seriously though [ahem cough, splutter] I hope everything works out OK for Tiger and his family.

Mat you are into her too? man that's why i like you sir, you and I are a lot a like. I love that girl. She is on a show over called V about Lizards taking ove the world. The plot is kind of far fetched but I watch because I think I am falling in love with her.

Mat, you have been around the game for ahwile. Let me bother you with one question, how does the Woods debacle stack up against the Colin Montgomery exploits or any of Faldos troubles in your area? is this as big, bigger, or not really talked about?

[quote name='MrParr1Noid' post='2092523' date='Nov 29 2009, 11:42 PM']GXgolfer? oh GXgolfer?

After this last post I do believe it is time to turn the lights down low. Does anyone here 2nd the motion? Anyone?[/quote]

[quote name='OpusX20' post='2092526' date='Nov 29 2009, 11:43 PM'][quote name='MrParr1Noid' post='2092523' date='Nov 29 2009, 10:42 PM']GXgolfer? oh GXgolfer?

After this last post I do believe it is time to turn the lights down low. Does anyone here 2nd the motion? Anyone?[/quote]

I second the motion on the floor.
[/quote]

oh stop it. new information is being published by the hour. this is a hot topic right now and people want to talk about it. if this thread bothers you so much, stop reading it! :rolleyes:

A Quote from TMZ:

TMZ now has an eyewitness account of what happened immediately following Tiger Woods' car accident.

According to a witness, Tiger had a cut on his lower lip when emergency responders and witnesses arrived. The wound was bloody.

Tiger was wearing shorts, a t-shirt and no shoes. It's illegal in Florida to drive without shoes.

Tiger was lying on the ground unconscious when EMT workers arrived. They used "pain stimulus" -- a method where pressure is applied on an unconscious person to make them alert -- but Tiger only briefly opened his eyes and then lost consciousness.

We're told EMTs asked Tiger's wife, Elin Nordegren, if Tiger was taking any medications. She went in the house and brought out two pill bottles. She said she did not know when he had last taken the meds.

Elin was extremely upset and was told twice by paramedics to stand back while they tended to her husband.

Read more: [url="http://www.tmz.com/#ixzz0YMwTxRSG"]http://www.tmz.com/#ixzz0YMwTxRSG[/url]

"bigger" case

However, all the best for TW and his family even though I am not a Tiger fan but I have the utmost respect for his brilliant golf game and what he achieved so far in golf.

No further comment from my side at all due to the fact its all being discussed and we will not know if the truth may emerge sometime or not.

SJWDR

[size=3][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif][size=3][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif][size=3][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Ghost Tour Daytona 12 35´´[/font][/size][/font][/size][/font][/size]
[size=3][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]SM 5 58°/8 PX 6.5 +1´´ 1° up
SM 5 52°/8 PX 6.5 +0.75´´ 1° strong 1°up
712 MB (3-PW) PX 7.0 +0.5´´ 2° strong 1° up[/font][/size]
[size=3][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]910 H 17° (A1) Speeder 904 X 40.25´´
913 FD 13.5° (D1) Diamana White D+ 82 X 43´´
910 D3 8.5° (D1) Pro Launch Red X 45´´[/font][/size]
[size=3][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Titleist stand bag ultra lightweight, Titleist glooves, FootJoy shoes[/font][/size]
[size=3][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Lamkin Crossline Midsize for irons / wedges and Standard 58 for hybrid / woods[/font][/size]

[quote name='TimeToFly' post='2093290' date='Nov 30 2009, 12:27 PM'][quote name='MrParr1Noid' post='2092523' date='Nov 29 2009, 11:42 PM']GXgolfer? oh GXgolfer?

[quote name='OpusX20' post='2092526' date='Nov 29 2009, 11:43 PM'][quote name='MrParr1Noid' post='2092523' date='Nov 29 2009, 10:42 PM']GXgolfer? oh GXgolfer?

[/quote]

oh stop it. new information is being published by the hour. this is a hot topic right now and people want to talk about it. if this thread bothers you so much, stop reading it! :rolleyes:
[/quote]

This is one of the most entertaining threads I've read on WRX. But, at the time that exchange took place, there was not much going on except stuff that was not consistent with Rule #1 of the forums...

[i]"While debating and discussion is fine, we will not tolerate rudeness, insulting posts, personal attacks or purposeless inflammatory posts. Our decision is final in these matters."[/i]

[b]Driver:[/b] TaylorMade Tour Issue M3 8.9*, Fujikura Motore Speeder VC 6.2 Tour Spec X
[b]3 Wood:[/b] Taylormade R15 15*, Fujikura Motore F1X
[b]Hybrid:[/b] TaylorMade M1 19*, Fujikura Speeder Evo 82H X
[b]Irons:[/b] Titleist 716 AP2 4-PW , Tour Issue TT DG X100
[b]Wedges:[/b] Yururi Gekku Raw 49*, 53* & 57* Nippon NS Pro Modus3 130X
[b]Putter: [/b]Scotty Cameron Futura 6M

[quote name='mbbrewer' post='2092380' date='Nov 29 2009, 10:24 PM'][quote name='soberguy16' post='2092358' date='Nov 29 2009, 09:17 PM']the executive director for the national enquirer is on fox news right now in a discussion about tiger and he is defending his paper's claims and says that they are prepared to fight any legal action if taken. he mentioned speaking with tiger's lawyers and tiger denying everything as we know...he also says one of his people from the national enquirer was in an elevator at the melbourne hotel with uchitel and she got off on floor 35, the floor tiger reportedly stayed on. i know that he would obviously defend himself and his paper in such a circumstance but he's coming off pretty confident and persuasive that they're facts are straight...he seems to welcome any legal action taken[/quote]
[/quote]

Don't believe anything you read in the National Enquirer or any photos it publishes.

Stay strong,

John Edwards

[quote name='OpusX20' post='2093338' date='Nov 30 2009, 12:49 PM'][quote name='TimeToFly' post='2093290' date='Nov 30 2009, 12:27 PM'][quote name='MrParr1Noid' post='2092523' date='Nov 29 2009, 11:42 PM']GXgolfer? oh GXgolfer?

[/quote]

[/quote]

This is one of the most entertaining threads I've read on WRX. But, at the time that exchange took place, there was not much going on except stuff that was not consistent with Rule #1 of the forums...

[i]"While debating and discussion is fine, we will not tolerate rudeness, insulting posts, personal attacks or purposeless inflammatory posts. Our decision is final in these matters."[/i]
[/quote]

Yes, and I agree.

This damn thing is growing new legs by leaps and bounds.

I'm waiting for the real story to... E X P L O D E. . O N T O. . T H E. . S C E N E !!

Anyone think there is more?

Miura PP-9003 PW-6 iron w/SmacWrap 780 F3

Taylormade Stealth 10.5* w/KBS TD 50 Oh, and Ventus Red "made for"

Taylormade SIM 2  21 degree w/Ventus Blue

Taylormade Stealth Rescue 22* w/Ventus Blue

Callaway X-Tour raw - 52 w/DG steel

Taylormade MYMG 3 - 56 w/KBS C-Taper Lite 

Dave Whitlam Anser 

To be honest, most of Montgomerie's outbursts aren't even reported - except in cases where he goes overboard. The supposed spat with Poulter is small beer, and the biggest thing that's been attached to his name in recent years is [i]the case of the mysteriously moving ball[/i] over in Asia. Controversy follows Montgomerie around like a faithful dog and, frankly, him spitting his dummy out on a frequent basis is so expected these days that most sports writers don't even mention most of what goes on. [i]Montgomerie has tantrum[/i] isn't really headline news.

Faldo was the favourite target of the gutter press corps for several years but rarely did anything that was too sensational. Not speaking to a playing partner or telling Peter Alliss to mind his own business was about as remarkable as it all got. Brenna setting about his Porsche made the headlines but, really, it wasn't all that big a deal if we're honest and, in any case, Faldo came out and essentially said 'my lunatic ex-girlfriend set about my car with a golf club in a fit of pique after we split up' right from the outset, which killed the story stone dead, rather than shrouding the whole thing in mystery and keeping it all going. Very few people even remember it these days. Like Woosie getting nicked for boozing and cruising after he put his Merc in a ditch, no one remembers it as there wasn't an orchestrated attempt to cloud the whole issue via a cryptic press release and a wall of silence thereafter.

I think the Woods thing dwarfs any home-grown golf scandals over here simply because it's Tiger Woods and because most people have already come to their own conclusion about what happened and have decided that there's an economy of truth being exercised in the aftermath. Whether you think Woods owes anyone an explanation or not, the cryptic press release and subsequent vow of silence have done very little to dispell all the gossip. It's moved to many of the front pages now in the roster of UK newspapers and all sorts of people outside of golfing circles are reading about it and making up their own minds what has happened. When the general public are interested in it all, it has to qualify as pretty big news and certainly bigger than anything that Monty or Faldo ever generated anyway. I don't think it was ever going to be anything other than pretty major news given the person involved and the circumstances.

As for V being far-fetched, I'm old enough to remember the original version with Marc 'the Beastmaster' Singer wearing a leather jacket that was three sizes too small for him and Michael Ironside when he still had enough hair for a combover. I was haunted for years by visions of Jane Badler swallowing that Hamster.

Nike Ignite 410 10.5° Grafalloy Blue X

Nike T60 15° Fujikura Speeder 757 X

Titleist 913F 19° Mitsubishi Diamana BB 83X or Titleist 712U 2-iron 19° KBS Tour S

Titleist 712U 3-iron 22° KBS Tour S

Titleist 681 4-iron to 9-iron KBS Tour S

Titleist SM5 48.08F Raw 49° KBS Tour S

Titleist SM5 56.10M Raw 56° KBS Tour S

Ping Eye 2 Gorge L Wedge 60° KBS Tour S  &  Ping Anser 2