Tiger Woods Injured in Car Crash (Threads Merged here)

butter_train

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Johnny' post='2090744' date='Nov 29 2009, 12:48 AM'][quote name='MrParr1Noid' post='2090734' date='Nov 28 2009, 09:42 PM']Wouldn't you think that since this guy Tiger is making around $2,000,000 per week...He at least owes us something?

He is the best or one of the better golfers in the world but without we the fans support $$, he might be working in a packing plant somewhere and playing golf on the weekends for beans. :lol:[/quote]

I'm sure he thinks these are enough..

Charities & foundations supported

Tiger Woods has supported the following charities:

* Rainforest Foundation Fund
* Tiger Woods Foundation
* Tiger Woods Learning Center
[/quote]

please also remember he does this for tax breaks. He needs them with all the $ he makes all over the world and all the countries he has to pay taxes in.

Callaway Paradym Smoke AI Triple Diamond 9* Proxima 6X

PXG Black Ops Tour-1 9* Ventus Blue Plus 6X

TM Stealth2 Plus 3 wood 15*- Ventus TR Blue 7X
Callaway Rogue “T” Triple Diamond 19* 5 wood- Ventus TR Blue 8X
4-PW PXG Gen5 Darkness 0311T MMT 105TX 2* flat
PXG Sugar Daddy 2  50* Axiom 125X
PXG Sugar Daddy 2  54* Axiom 125X
PXG Sugar Daddy 2  58* Axiom 125X
LAB Mezz Max-heavy version, 35” with Stability Tour Fire shaft. Press II 3.0 grip
PXG Hybrid stand bag

[quote name='My2Dogs' post='2092210' date='Nov 29 2009, 09:23 PM'][quote name='Johnny' post='2090744' date='Nov 29 2009, 12:48 AM'][quote name='MrParr1Noid' post='2090734' date='Nov 28 2009, 09:42 PM']Wouldn't you think that since this guy Tiger is making around $2,000,000 per week...He at least owes us something?

He is the best or one of the better golfers in the world but without we the fans support $$, he might be working in a packing plant somewhere and playing golf on the weekends for beans. :lol:[/quote]

* Tiger Woods Foundation
[/quote]

please also remember he does this for tax breaks. He needs them with all the $ he makes all over the world and all the countries he has to pay taxes in.
[/quote]

I've never had anyone be able to explain this to me - what tax breaks? He can write these charities off, but that doesn't net him as much as if he just pocketed the money and paid taxes on it.

I hope everyone realizes that at the end of the day the only thing Tiger has done is have a minor fender bender. The rest is in people's imaginations at this point.

I live in Florida and saw the Victory iron Elin allegedly smashed into the rear window. The glass scratched and gouged the forging a bit, and you can just make out the name underneath the top layer - I couldn't make out the first letter but the rest are: i z u n o or something similar. I don't know maybe you guys can figure it out !

Wow OJ was on trial for butchering 2 people , and we get this.... gotta blame it all on the media, even tho tiger was in a secluded gated community trying keep out of the public eye. Please don't believe 99% of what you see on TV unless its the actual event on camera.Yes many scenarios on what happened that nite , text messaging, racoon in the way, Elin chasing him on the street with a golf club bashing the windows, etc... The rumors of him and that Rachel girl are probably just as it is "Rumors". Remember she denies, and has everything to gain from claiming it did happen. I believe he'll play next week just to prove that life is still continuing, and it was merely a "mistake". Remember the media wont let guys like him fart, burp, pick his nose etcccc. Writers are saying he owes the public an explanation. No he doesnt need to say jack sh*&. Life goes on .

I always thought we golfers as a whole, hold ourselves in higher regards than the general population. e.g. calling penalty on themselves, uproar over club-throwing and swearing.

But in this saga, the mob mentality and mass hysteria, not to mention continued reliance on tabloids for facts, really make me second guess....

[quote name='1ftput' post='2092054' date='Nov 29 2009, 08:12 PM'][quote name='elrey23' post='2092036' date='Nov 30 2009, 02:03 AM'][quote name='1ftput' post='2091638' date='Nov 29 2009, 03:22 PM'][quote name='TheDarkOne' post='2091592' date='Nov 29 2009, 09:52 PM']Link to 911 full audio..
[url="http://tmz.vo.llnwd.net/o28/newsdesk/112909_tiger_911.mp3"]http://tmz.vo.llnwd.net/o28/newsdesk/112909_tiger_911.mp3[/url][/quote]

I wouldn't call a combination of

1) heavy censoring

and

2) either
a) the bad mobile phone coverage USA is famous for (did the caller use AT&T :rolleyes: ?)
or
b) a guy that thinks his cordless phone has unlimited reach

"full audio".

BUT

[b]In the 911 recording a highly stressed female voice with CLEAR Swedish accent shouts "What happend?". I think this backs up the story that Elin indeed was in the house at the time of the crash, and that she did use the club to get him out. Nothing else.[/b] I don't think she had cool enough to fake / spin that with Tiger unconcious. She ran out and had no idea of what had happend.
[/quote]
That's not possible. The man clearly says the person is lying on the ground. What reason would there be to smash the window at that point?
[/quote]

He was allready outside the car, perhaps dragged out by Elin, when she shouted that. I just thought that because she asked TW so honestly for what had happened must mean that she didn't chase the car outside.
[/quote]

According to several news reports, the female voice on the tape was the wife of the witness and not Elin.

[quote name='TimeToFly' post='2092270' date='Nov 29 2009, 09:47 PM'][quote name='Johnny' post='2092229' date='Nov 29 2009, 09:32 PM']Can we close it yet.. seems Eldrick has said all he is going to say.. which is smart.[/quote]

why would you want to close this? its the hottest thread on wrx. and its freaking entertaining as hell! hehe :clapping:
[/quote]

LOL. I agree with Johnny though, I'm pretty sure we're not getting anything else from TW and smart on his part I believe. Like someone pointed out a couple of posts above me is that all we know is TW was in a fender bender and the rest is up to our imaginations.

Hopefully Tiger and family will be okay after this incident and anything that happened behind closed doors will get straightened out. I hope to see him this week at the Chevron Challenge in top form with Elin and the kids at his side.

[quote name='Bellyhungry' post='2092267' date='Nov 29 2009, 09:46 PM']I always thought we golfers as a whole, hold ourselves in higher regards than the general population. e.g. calling penalty on themselves, uproar over club-throwing and swearing.

[b]But in this saga, the mob mentality and mass hysteria, not to mention continued reliance on tabloids for facts, really make me second guess....
[/b][/quote]

[quote name='Bellyhungry' post='2091144' date='Nov 29 2009, 10:27 AM'][b]What time is the scheduled meeting with the cops today?

I might have to flip the channel to CNN.[/b][/quote]

lol, ok....

[quote name='midasmulligan2000' post='2092220' date='Nov 29 2009, 09:29 PM'][quote name='My2Dogs' post='2092210' date='Nov 29 2009, 09:23 PM'][quote name='Johnny' post='2090744' date='Nov 29 2009, 12:48 AM'][quote name='MrParr1Noid' post='2090734' date='Nov 28 2009, 09:42 PM']Wouldn't you think that since this guy Tiger is making around $2,000,000 per week...He at least owes us something?

* Tiger Woods Foundation
[/quote]

[/quote]

No idea what you are talking about. Tiger Woods doesn't "need" tax breaks for goodness sake. He doesn't do what he does for money.

I make a fraction of what he makes, - but am somewhat successful. And serve of several non-profit boards, give money charities. And [i]I[/i] don't do it for "tax breaks".

The tax breaks aren't that great.
[/quote]

I did not mean to state he does this solely for the tax breaks but he does do part of it for them. If not then why does every athlete have some sort of charity in their name. It helps them with tax issues and also helps with their image- which later helps get more endorcements.

And NO he would not make as much without the tax breaks if he just pocked the money and paid the taxes on them. A person I know who won the state lottery got a good money advisor and he was able to take home more when he first contributed to a few charities before the govt took their cut.

again not stating he does not do it because he wants to but he also does it for the tax issue's.

Callaway Paradym Smoke AI Triple Diamond 9* Proxima 6X

PXG Black Ops Tour-1 9* Ventus Blue Plus 6X

TM Stealth2 Plus 3 wood 15*- Ventus TR Blue 7X
Callaway Rogue “T” Triple Diamond 19* 5 wood- Ventus TR Blue 8X
4-PW PXG Gen5 Darkness 0311T MMT 105TX 2* flat
PXG Sugar Daddy 2  50* Axiom 125X
PXG Sugar Daddy 2  54* Axiom 125X
PXG Sugar Daddy 2  58* Axiom 125X
LAB Mezz Max-heavy version, 35” with Stability Tour Fire shaft. Press II 3.0 grip
PXG Hybrid stand bag

[quote name='tonyy' post='2092304' date='Nov 29 2009, 09:57 PM'][quote name='TimeToFly' post='2092270' date='Nov 29 2009, 09:47 PM'][quote name='Johnny' post='2092229' date='Nov 29 2009, 09:32 PM']Can we close it yet.. seems Eldrick has said all he is going to say.. which is smart.[/quote]

why would you want to close this? its the hottest thread on wrx. and its freaking entertaining as hell! hehe :clapping:
[/quote]

LOL. I agree with Johnny though, I'm pretty sure we're not getting anything else from TW and smart on his part I believe. Like someone pointed out a couple of posts above me is that all we know is TW was in a fender bender and the rest is up to our imaginations.

Hopefully Tiger and family will be okay after this incident and anything that happened behind closed doors will get straightened out. I hope to see him this week at the Chevron Challenge in top form [b]with Elin and the kids at his side[/b].

[/quote]
Not a chance. Tiger wouldn't do that to the kids, and neither would Elin.

Elin will lie low for awhile. Whether we see Tiger this week is another story.

Unseen, in the background, Fate was quietly slipping the lead into the boxing-glove.  P.G. Wodehouse

Honestly I believe they got in a fight he said F this I am getting out of here, she snaps grabs a club and smashes the back window, Tiger tries to get away and the accident happens. His lips shouldn't be cut from the accident they are probably cut from a 7 iron to the face. His silence is protecting his wife...

the executive director for the national enquirer is on fox news right now in a discussion about tiger and he is defending his paper's claims and says that they are prepared to fight any legal action if taken. he mentioned speaking with tiger's lawyers and tiger denying everything as we know...he also says one of his people from the national enquirer was in an elevator at the melbourne hotel with uchitel and she got off on floor 35, the floor tiger reportedly stayed on. i know that he would obviously defend himself and his paper in such a circumstance but he's coming off pretty confident and persuasive that they're facts are straight...he seems to welcome any legal action taken

[quote name='soberguy16' post='2092358' date='Nov 29 2009, 10:17 PM']the executive director for the national enquirer is on fox news right now in a discussion about tiger and he is defending his paper's claims and says that they are prepared to fight any legal action if taken. he mentioned speaking with tiger's lawyers and tiger denying everything as we know...he also says one of his people from the national enquirer was in an elevator at the melbourne hotel with uchitel and she got off on floor 35, the floor tiger reportedly stayed on. i know that he would obviously defend himself and his paper in such a circumstance but he's coming off pretty confident and persuasive that they're facts are straight...he seems to welcome any legal action taken[/quote]
What else would he say? I'd defend my business too. You get this wrong, and your rep is even worse than it is.

DRIVER:  Callaway Rogue ST 10.5

FAIRWAYS:  Callaway Rogue ST 3, 9, 11 Fairway Woods

HYBRIDS:  Callaway Big Bertha 3 Hybrid, Rogue ST 4 Hybrid

IRONS:  Callaway Rogue ST 4-AW

WEDGES:  Callaway Jaws Raw 50 S Grind, 54 S Grind, 58 Z Grind 

PUTTER:  Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas

BACKUPS:  Odyssey Toulon Garage Le Mans Tri-Hot 5K Double Wide, MannKrafted Custom, Slighter Custom

BALL:  Testing

A man has to have options!

[quote name='TimeToFly' post='2092270' date='Nov 29 2009, 06:47 PM'][quote name='Johnny' post='2092229' date='Nov 29 2009, 09:32 PM']Can we close it yet.. seems Eldrick has said all he is going to say.. which is smart.[/quote]

[/quote]

true but is it really going anywhere. :russian_roulette:

Woods : Callaway Razr TA, Titleist F3-05
Hybrid : Adams LSP XTD
Irons : Fourteen TC910 3&4I, Nike VRProCombo 5-PW
Wedges : Fourteen RM-11 54/60
Putter : Nike Method 003 Oven

[quote name='soberguy16' post='2092358' date='Nov 29 2009, 09:17 PM']the executive director for the national enquirer is on fox news right now in a discussion about tiger and he is defending his paper's claims and says that they are prepared to fight any legal action if taken. he mentioned speaking with tiger's lawyers and tiger denying everything as we know...he also says one of his people from the national enquirer was in an elevator at the melbourne hotel with uchitel and she got off on floor 35, the floor tiger reportedly stayed on. i know that he would obviously defend himself and his paper in such a circumstance but he's coming off pretty confident and persuasive that they're facts are straight...he seems to welcome any legal action taken[/quote]
I wouldn't expect him to say they are lies. Why would he want such a factual, non-fictitious paper lose credibility?

Tiger never speaks. Don't expect much more this time.

He didn't comment on the Fuzzy Zoeller debacle. I don't think he spoke about his political preference in the months leading up to our last election.

I am curious to see how he shuts down reporters at his event (Chevron) this week. He's gotta be thinking "what timing!" at this point.

Callaway 816 DBD 9° Speeder TS
Titleist 915f 15° Diamana Blue
Callaway Apex Pro hybrid 3/20°
Callaway Apex Pro '16 4-A, Modus 120-TS
Vokey 50/54/60
Odyssey Works Rossie

[quote name='pogioge4' post='2092195' date='Nov 29 2009, 09:16 PM']This is the beginning of the end for that guy. I'm one of the biggest Woods fans and I cannot believe that it is being handled this way. Yeah its a private matter but given the status of his iconic image, he has a public obligation to his fans and the sports world to explain "Why?" Because for so long he has maintained a perfect image off and most of the time on the golf course. We will soon find out now or later how this will change his golf game and his mental strength. The fact that there are no "real" statements from Tiger may suggest that there is more to it than "the situation is my fault"![/quote]

Please explain how entertaining the public obligates one to 'explain' themselves about details about their personal life. I'm having a hard time understanding why personal business is 'personal' for one group of people but not for all.

[quote name='littlepingman' post='2092002' date='Nov 29 2009, 07:45 PM']Even when all this is said and done you will still have the 20% who think Tiger does no wrong, the 20% who thinks Tiger does nothing right and the other 60% still don't give a s***.[/quote]

And which group do you fall into? The 20% who thinks Tiger does no wrong or the 20% that thinks Tiger does nothing right because you obviously care enough to post something on this board! ;)

[quote name='socalpaul97' post='2092376' date='Nov 29 2009, 10:23 PM']So what?
Tiger can't drive a golf ball, and he can't drive a car either.....
Who e'ffin cares?!?![/quote]
Apparently you care or why else would you be here, this goes to all posts of the same nature. Also i really can't understand the people with such blind loyalty to someone who well seemingly dislikes people and thinks they can take the money and shurk the responsibilities. This bothers me as i'm sure it bothers other fans.

[quote name='bscinstnct' post='2092436' date='Nov 29 2009, 09:54 PM'][b]Tomorrow morning, Tiger will wake up.[/b]

[b]He will have $1,000,000,000.00.[/b]

[b]And will still be the greatest golfer ever play the game.[/b]

[i][b]What will you be doing...[/b][/i]?[/quote]

I will be making my own coffee, buttering my own toast, and complaining because I haven't won the lottery yet... :rolleyes:

Miura PP-9003 PW-6 iron w/SmacWrap 780 F3

Taylormade Stealth 10.5* w/KBS TD 50 Oh, and Ventus Red "made for"

Taylormade SIM 2  21 degree w/Ventus Blue

Taylormade Stealth Rescue 22* w/Ventus Blue

Callaway X-Tour raw - 52 w/DG steel

Taylormade MYMG 3 - 56 w/KBS C-Taper Lite 

Dave Whitlam Anser 

[quote name='TimeToFly' post='2092313' date='Nov 29 2009, 10:00 PM'][quote name='Bellyhungry' post='2092267' date='Nov 29 2009, 09:46 PM']I always thought we golfers as a whole, hold ourselves in higher regards than the general population. e.g. calling penalty on themselves, uproar over club-throwing and swearing.

[b]But in this saga, the mob mentality and mass hysteria, not to mention continued reliance on tabloids for facts, really make me second guess....
[/b][/quote]

[quote name='Bellyhungry' post='2091144' date='Nov 29 2009, 10:27 AM'][b]What time is the scheduled meeting with the cops today?

I might have to flip the channel to CNN.[/b][/quote]

lol, ok....
[/quote]

Look up sarcasm in the dictionary. They are now available online :)

[quote name='My2Dogs' post='2092326' date='Nov 29 2009, 10:04 PM'][quote name='midasmulligan2000' post='2092220' date='Nov 29 2009, 09:29 PM'][quote name='My2Dogs' post='2092210' date='Nov 29 2009, 09:23 PM'][quote name='Johnny' post='2090744' date='Nov 29 2009, 12:48 AM'][quote name='MrParr1Noid' post='2090734' date='Nov 28 2009, 09:42 PM']Wouldn't you think that since this guy Tiger is making around $2,000,000 per week...He at least owes us something?

* Tiger Woods Foundation
[/quote]

[/quote]

No idea what you are talking about. Tiger Woods doesn't "need" tax breaks for goodness sake. He doesn't do what he does for money.

I make a fraction of what he makes, - but am somewhat successful. And serve of several non-profit boards, give money charities. And [i]I[/i] don't do it for "tax breaks".

The tax breaks aren't that great.
[/quote]

I did not mean to state he does this solely for the tax breaks but he does do part of it for them. If not then why does every athlete have some sort of charity in their name. It helps them with tax issues and also helps with their image- which later helps get more endorcements.

And NO he would not make as much without the tax breaks if he just pocked the money and paid the taxes on them. A person I know who won the state lottery got a good money advisor and he was able to take home more when he first contributed to a few charities before the govt took their cut.

again not stating he does not do it because he wants to but he also does it for the tax issue's.
[/quote]

OK...Say he uses the charities to get some tax breaks and benefits some underprivilged kids at the same time.

What have you done to benefit the less fortunate? Have you given to charities? If you did, then did you do it for tax purposes? If you never did, then what is the reason?