Tiger Woods Injured in Car Crash (Threads Merged here)

butter_train

Hardly a masterpiece of a public statement when it comes to quelling rumours about what actually happened.

The OED could use that statement to illustrate the meaning of the word 'ambiguous.'

Nike Ignite 410 10.5° Grafalloy Blue X

Nike T60 15° Fujikura Speeder 757 X

Titleist 913F 19° Mitsubishi Diamana BB 83X or Titleist 712U 2-iron 19° KBS Tour S

Titleist 712U 3-iron 22° KBS Tour S

Titleist 681 4-iron to 9-iron KBS Tour S

Titleist SM5 48.08F Raw 49° KBS Tour S

Titleist SM5 56.10M Raw 56° KBS Tour S

Ping Eye 2 Gorge L Wedge 60° KBS Tour S  &  Ping Anser 2

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='jaskanski' post='2091439' date='Nov 29 2009, 11:13 AM'][quote name='Johnny' post='2091437' date='Nov 29 2009, 07:10 PM']As you all know, I had a single-car accident earlier this week, and sustained some injuries. I have some cuts, bruising and right now I'm pretty sore.

This situation is my fault, and it's obviously embarrassing to my family and me. I'm human and I'm not perfect. I will certainly make sure this doesn't happen again.

This is a private matter and I want to keep it that way. Although I understand there is curiosity, the many false, unfounded and malicious rumors that are currently circulating about my family and me are irresponsible.

The only person responsible for the accident is me. My wife, Elin, acted courageously when she saw I was hurt and in trouble. She was the first person to help me. Any other assertion is absolutely false.

This incident has been stressful and very difficult for Elin, our family and me. I appreciate all the concern and well wishes that we have received. But, I would also ask for some understanding that my family and I deserve some privacy no matter how intrusive some people can be.[/quote]

You as well Johnny? Is that a coincidence or what!
[/quote]

brothers from another mother..for sure

Woods : Callaway Razr TA, Titleist F3-05
Hybrid : Adams LSP XTD
Irons : Fourteen TC910 3&4I, Nike VRProCombo 5-PW
Wedges : Fourteen RM-11 54/60
Putter : Nike Method 003 Oven

Until there is more Substantive information or if anyone has anything factually relevant, this thread has run its course for now.

Before sending me a message for help, please look at the website support section:
Have a Ad/BST question, first look and post here:
BST AD Help
If you have a general help question, post here:
GolfWRX Website Help Desk

Cannot believe that WRX locked the other topic on tiger. What a joke.

Anyway, my guess is he will NOT play. We will never know exactly what happened, everyone will carry on, and Tiger will still be good, and just show he can be the best even while getting hurt.

Up To Par Golf, LLC
Owner - Chris Nelson
www.uptopargolf.com
[email protected]

[quote name='cAsE sEnSiTiVe ' post='2091464' date='Nov 29 2009, 02:29 PM'][quote name='cnelson' post='2091454' date='Nov 29 2009, 11:21 AM']Cannot believe that WRX locked the other topic on tiger. What a joke.[/quote]

I agree....after all it was chock full of useful info, posted by people in the know.
[/quote]

Point taken. Does not mean they should of locked the thread. It was interesting to see everyone's thoughts on it.

Up To Par Golf, LLC
Owner - Chris Nelson
www.uptopargolf.com
[email protected]

[quote name='cAsE sEnSiTiVe ' post='2091464' date='Nov 29 2009, 11:29 AM'][quote name='cnelson' post='2091454' date='Nov 29 2009, 11:21 AM']Cannot believe that WRX locked the other topic on tiger. What a joke.[/quote]

I agree....after all it was chock full of useful info, posted by people in the know.
[/quote]

The Hate, Speculation, Name Calling, Editing of comments, Racism, sexual content. It took over 7 moderators with constant attention to the thread.

If anyone has factual info, it will be open for it just send me a PM or to a Marshal (moderator a PM). Threads will be combined if related to it as well.

Before sending me a message for help, please look at the website support section:
Have a Ad/BST question, first look and post here:
BST AD Help
If you have a general help question, post here:
GolfWRX Website Help Desk

[quote name='cnelson' post='2091469' date='Nov 29 2009, 02:30 PM'][quote name='cAsE sEnSiTiVe ' post='2091464' date='Nov 29 2009, 02:29 PM'][quote name='cnelson' post='2091454' date='Nov 29 2009, 11:21 AM']Cannot believe that WRX locked the other topic on tiger. What a joke.[/quote]

[/quote]

Point taken. Does not mean they should of locked the thread. It was interesting to see everyone's thoughts on it.
[/quote]

i'm sure it will get reopened once their is actual substantive developments. It was pretty easy to see where that thread was headed, in fact most of the last 5 pages were arguments over peripherally related things or joke posts

Srixon ZX5 w/PX Hzrdus Red 60

Srixon ZX 15 w/PX Hzrdus Red 70

Tour Edge C723 21* w/PX hzrdus black 80

Titleist T150 4-AW w/PX LZ 6.0

Titleist Jet Black 54/60 with PX LZ 6.0

Deschamps Crisp Antique 

I would say no.
The reason being regardless of how and what caused his accident, per his web site statement he appears to still be hurt from the wreck and it would be inadvisable for him to compete athletically until there is enough time to make sure there was no other physical damage.
I would also assume physically he is still somewhat incapacitated as he has refused once again today to talk with the police on the matter for a third straight time.

GXgolfer
"The Hate, Speculation, Name Calling, Editing of comments, Racism, sexual content. It took over 7 moderators with constant attention to the thread.

If anyone has factual info, it will be open for it just send me a PM to a Marshal (moderator a PM). Threads will be combined if related to it as well."

I think you and your staff did an excellent job in what must have been a nightmare situation. Thank you for giving us a place to discuss the matter. I do think with his recent announcement of turning down the police again, and a possible further statement Tuesday there will still be interest, but it probably makes better since to close the thread for the greater good.
Again, well done on the moderation of the discussions and thank you.

By Associated Press Posted: November 29, 2009WINDERMERE, Fla. – Tiger Woods says the car crash that sent him to the hospital is his fault and has become embarrassing to him and his family, but he plans to keep it a private matter.

In a statement posted Sunday on his Web site about an hour before he was meet with troopers, Woods says his wife, Elin, acted “courageously” when she saw that he was hurt. He says any other assertion is “absolutely false.”

Woods says he understands there is curiosity about the accident. He says the “malicious” rumors circulating about him and his family are irresponsible.

The world’s No. 1 golfer says he has cuts and bruising and is “pretty sore.”

I'm not sure that anyone else would be able to put off the interviews with the police. I'm wondering why the delay. Tiger's best decision would be to go public as soon as possible. The longer he delays addressing this situation, the more difficult it's going to be for him and his family. However, this behavior would not be unusual for someone like Tiger who has the type of controlling character he has. I'm reminded of John Daly's facial scars a couple of years ago. He played in spite of his altercation. I think Tiger should do the same. If all the "malicious" rumors are just that, then why not give some special media type a personal interview and explain his plans. Let everyone see the physical scars. Tiger's image is forever altered by this, even if the accident was just an accident. He shouldn't delay being seen.

I hope he shows up...I've just got me 10 yr old pumped on golf and was planning on going to try and squeeze an autograph from TW for my son on his TW hat...otherwise I'll stay home and take him golfing

Callaway Epic Speed 9.0* Tensei Blue 65
Callaway Epic 15* Hazurdus 65
Callaway Epic 18* Hazurdus 65
Takomo 101t 4-pw Steelfiber fc90cw 
Bridgestone J15 56* Project x PXI 5.0
Scotty Cameron Squareback 34"

[quote name='TheDarkOne' post='2091493' date='Nov 29 2009, 02:49 PM']The entire 911 call is now available on TMZ from the neighbor. By the sounds of it, and again to my previous comment I don't see him physically being able to compete this weekend considering how badly he [b]could have[/b] been banged up.[/quote]

Do we know what his full list of injuries are other then lacerated lips??

[quote name='DavePelz4' post='2091456' date='Nov 29 2009, 02:22 PM']My guess is that he plays and Elin is very visible throughout the event.[/quote]

Also watch for the Kobe Bryant on her finger at the tournament. Pretty typical of Tiger---leave me alone statement, can't believe it took them 2 days to come up with that pap.

Wonder how long it will be before someone hacks his text messages to the GF.

[quote name='sandy' post='2091508' date='Nov 29 2009, 01:58 PM'][quote name='DavePelz4' post='2091456' date='Nov 29 2009, 02:22 PM']My guess is that he plays and Elin is very visible throughout the event.[/quote]

Also watch for the [color="#FF0000"]Kobe Bryant[/color] on her finger at the tournament. Pretty typical of Tiger---leave me alone statement, can't believe it took them 2 days to come up with that pap.

[/quote]

tmz has reported this through sources close to TeeDub.

he won't play this week. i just don't see it.

[quote name='Lefty17' post='2091506' date='Nov 29 2009, 07:56 PM'][quote name='TheDarkOne' post='2091493' date='Nov 29 2009, 02:49 PM']The entire 911 call is now available on TMZ from the neighbor. By the sounds of it, and again to my previous comment I don't see him physically being able to compete this weekend considering how badly he [b]could have[/b] been banged up.[/quote]

[/quote]

Bruised ego? Wounded pride? No claims bonus in tatters?

[quote name='sandy' post='2091508' date='Nov 29 2009, 02:58 PM'][quote name='DavePelz4' post='2091456' date='Nov 29 2009, 02:22 PM']My guess is that he plays and Elin is very visible throughout the event.[/quote]

Also watch for the Kobe Bryant on her finger at the tournament. Pretty typical of Tiger---leave me alone statement, can't believe it took them 2 days to come up with that pap.

[/quote]

To bad, there are none. Rachel Uchitel hired a lawyer because she is going to sue National Enquirer for slander, because those statements were false.

My sources: Various news outlets, and my mother who works at a VERY big law firm, whose name I will keep out of this.

Up To Par Golf, LLC
Owner - Chris Nelson
www.uptopargolf.com
[email protected]

[quote name='drpurpell' post='2091512' date='Nov 29 2009, 12:03 PM'][quote name='Lefty17' post='2091506' date='Nov 29 2009, 07:56 PM'][quote name='TheDarkOne' post='2091493' date='Nov 29 2009, 02:49 PM']The entire 911 call is now available on TMZ from the neighbor. By the sounds of it, and again to my previous comment I don't see him physically being able to compete this weekend considering how badly he [b]could have[/b] been banged up.[/quote]

[/quote]

Bruised ego? Wounded pride? No claims bonus in tatters?
[/quote]

It sounds like he was knocked out cold, so that would have to be a pretty serious concussion I would think.

[quote name='JYB' post='2091521' date='Nov 29 2009, 03:09 PM']he won't play and did tiger's agents and PR people at IMG contact WRX and have them shut down the other thread?[/quote]

That would be my conclusion. Haha. I wish that was only true.

Up To Par Golf, LLC
Owner - Chris Nelson
www.uptopargolf.com
[email protected]

[quote name='JYB' post='2091521' date='Nov 29 2009, 02:09 PM']he won't play and did tiger's agents and PR people at IMG contact WRX and have them shut down the other thread?[/quote]

:lol: NO!

Miura PP-9003 PW-6 iron w/SmacWrap 780 F3

Taylormade Stealth 10.5* w/KBS TD 50 Oh, and Ventus Red "made for"

Taylormade SIM 2  21 degree w/Ventus Blue

Taylormade Stealth Rescue 22* w/Ventus Blue

Callaway X-Tour raw - 52 w/DG steel

Taylormade MYMG 3 - 56 w/KBS C-Taper Lite 

Dave Whitlam Anser 

Concussion's can also linger and not immediately present themselves. I believe that a plane ride can also make this chance worse. Physically and mentally I think taking some time off and away from the game, spending it instead with his family would be in everyone's best interest right now. I just can't see him showing up to play at the tournament. I also would see him being hit with a series of questions about the incidents of the past few days and his blog response, or lack there of.

[quote name='JYB' post='2091521' date='Nov 29 2009, 03:09 PM']he won't play and did tiger's agents and PR people at IMG contact WRX and have them shut down the other thread?[/quote]

Yeah, they are also going after all the WRXers who has made deragatory comments about him and his family. They are teaming up with Homeland Security and track down all the IP addresses. Who knows? Some people might end up at Gitmo.

I hope he play next week but I don't think he will.

If it is untrue, I hope she and Tiger are awarded a billion dollars. These kind of lies should not be tolerated. Any public "news" service should be afraid to print fabrications for fear of financial obliteration.
Just think what kind of lies they would tell about Jesus, Buddha or T-Boone Pickens.

stealth 2 plus, 10.5 Titleist 6x tr blue

Cobra 4 iron 
G425 5 and 7 woods red ventus 90x

Tsi2 3 wood RDX black x

PXG 0311xp 5-gw, 0211 G,SW,LW  Wilson ci11 w/ ctaper 130x

Titleist sm9 s400 56,60
2ball blade
Titleist v1x

(Just had a shoulder replaced and I am buying clubs for my fantasy bag).

[quote name='Gxgolfer' post='2091474' date='Nov 29 2009, 08:32 PM'][quote name='cAsE sEnSiTiVe ' post='2091464' date='Nov 29 2009, 11:29 AM'][quote name='cnelson' post='2091454' date='Nov 29 2009, 11:21 AM']Cannot believe that WRX locked the other topic on tiger. What a joke.[/quote]

[/quote]

The Hate, Speculation, Name Calling, Editing of comments, Racism, sexual content. It took over 7 moderators with constant attention to the thread.

If anyone has factual info, it will be open for it just send me a PM or to a Marshal (moderator a PM). Threads will be combined if related to it as well.
[/quote]

pm sorry

[quote name='cavemeister' post='2091535' date='Nov 29 2009, 03:17 PM']If it is untrue, I hope she and Tiger are awarded a billion dollars. These kind of lies should not be tolerated. Any public "news" service should be afraid to print fabrications for fear of financial obliteration.
Just think what kind of lies they would tell about Jesus, Buddha or T-Boone Pickens.[/quote]

The National Enquirer has a history of slander. This is nothing new for them. I believe that Rachel Uchitel is a self-promoter and may have at one point said to her friends that she was having a affair with Tiger. However I believe she only said this for self-promotion.

Also, the National Enquirer says that Tiger sent texts that read "I love you babe, its always just going to be me and you". Come on.. I know none of us know Tiger personally but can you actually believe he would send texts like this? Even if he was having an affair. I don't think so.

And how he kept it covered up for so long? OR how come CNN, FOX, ESPN, etc are not reporting the same thing as the National Enquirer? I know why, because those media outlets try to stay away from getting sued for slander. What a load of crap.

Up To Par Golf, LLC
Owner - Chris Nelson
www.uptopargolf.com
[email protected]

There is also a chance that Uchitel will deny it publicly, and then have Allred stike a deal for her to tell her story to Oprah, Barbara Walters, or whichever woman one does those sort of interviews with these days.

Whether she had the affair or not, anyone want to bet against Allred portraying her as a victim? Anyone, anyone....Bueller?